Shounen - Dead Rock by Hiro Mashima | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Dead Rock by Hiro Mashima

Steven

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I love this manga already. It's awesome 😎 way better than fairy tail and Eden zero. Mashima should focus more on this manga
100%

The monthly stuff is killing me i have to admit.But having Acnologia as MC is THE hot shit.He was one of my fav characters in FT and now i have his dragon design as MC hence he will win his fights.Acnologia vs God should be top notch

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree that this series is much more in Mashima's wheel house and he's mentioned recently he's starting to want to make this series a lot longer than he initially thought.

Given that Frey's sister has been confirmed to be not dead but not alive, I wonder and hope she'll be saved. As much as I like the darker tone of the series, simply killing more and more characters like that will only close off potential storylines

I was shocked that Raizen was killed and turned into a Zombie. I hope that doesn't become a reoccuring thing because there's more potential in keeping them alive.

Also, yet another chapter where the Fox/Cat Girl is teased, eventually she has to at least drop a name

Velvet-Demon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
When Mashima is desperate to make people invested in this manga , "hey look I give to the MC the transformation to become one of my most uninteresting character from FT" too bad Mashima you destroy you're manga at chapter 2 with Mikoto's plot armor et make Yakuto a good samaritin and not like an anti-hero like you promise (you know the different MC from the other).

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States
When Mashima is desperate to make people invested in this manga , "hey look I give to the MC the transformation to become one of my most uninteresting character from FT" too bad Mashima you destroy you're manga at chapter 2 with Mikoto's plot armor et make Yakuto a good samaritin and not like an anti-hero like you promise (you know the different MC from the other).
I don't think Mikoto's power is plot armor, they've explained the limitation she has with them and I highly doubt that's going to be a re-occuring gag outside Raizen.

Seriously, it's a monthly manga and thus it's still too early to start making judgments like that, got to at least see how the first adventure pans out

Velvet-Demon

Reaction score
Country
France
I don't think Mikoto's power is plot armor, they've explained the limitation she has with them and I highly doubt that's going to be a re-occuring gag outside Raizen.

Seriously, it's a monthly manga and thus it's still too early to start making judgments like that, got to at least see how the first adventure pans out
It's not only because she can revived peoples she can also heal you no matters what kind of wound you have , sure it's necromancy so make sence but still plot armor.

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States

Chapter 5 English Translation, best I can do on a link

So the School Building is "A part of God" interesting

Mashima needs to give a name to the Fox/Cat Girl, and where she fits in in all of this, especially since she supposedly knows his "weakness"
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

here's the full chapter

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Damn,Yakuto/Acno got clapped by God

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Awesome cover

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Just 4 panels?
That's just on the first comment lol. The rest are in the replies, but you'll need a twitter/x account to see it

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States
Saw the Raws, looks like we get Yakuto's backstory but not sure if we get info on the Fox/Car Girl

who honestly needs a proper introduction sooner or later

Velvet-Demon

Reaction score
Country
France
Oh great , a new way to make this manga unintersting God was already a failure as an antagoniste because he is just a bootleg Frieza who just like to kill humans because it's fun BUT he is even more uninteresting and make Yakuto more sympathic because we use the trump card "fake one" and he is just an imposteur.

Also saw a miles away Yakuto wanted to kill him because his family and village was destroy by him.

Not very suprising it's only make 6K sales.

Prince of the RL District

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Oh great , a new way to make this manga unintersting God was already a failure as an antagoniste because he is just a bootleg Frieza who just like to kill humans because it's fun BUT he is even more uninteresting and make Yakuto more sympathic because we use the trump card "fake one" and he is just an imposteur.

Also saw a miles away Yakuto wanted to kill him because his family and village was destroy by him.

Bruh who hurt you lmao

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ive never saw it coming that his reason to kill God is that he killed his family...

That was way to predictable

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Nah mashima is cooking with this one. I'm already in love with god

Bruh who hurt you lmao
He's an Eden zero fan so it's tough.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Stop crying. Tell me one memorable villain from Eden mid? Drakken Joe and shura already got retconned lmao so just stop crying.

Velvet-Demon

Reaction score
Country
France
Nah mashima is cooking with this one. I'm already in love with god

He's an Eden zero fan so it's tough.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Stop crying. Tell me one memorable villain from Eden mid? Drakken Joe and shura already got retconned lmao so just stop crying.
Probably more tough to be a DR fan since nobody care even less about it.

Also I think Void with the last two chapters show how a good antagoniste can be and I will take everytime some vilains like Shura and Drakken who have developpment in U0 (remember when people said they were cartoonish vilain first now they complain because they have a glimpse of developpement) than a bootleg Frieza (and it's insulting for him because at least Frieza is a conqueror so he has a reason to kill and laughing like an evil bitch) who just like "AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA killing humans is so funny look how evil I am".

Also I didn't mention that but again so easy to find GOD weak point thanks to a random character who after 4 chapters didn't still have a name and tells you where to search funny I was thought about a librairy.

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States

Not really a fan of Yakuto's nerf
So Yakuto was being 100% honest when he said "God was an imposter", so this begs two questions then: Who is this then and where did the original go?

Also, you'd think the Fox/Cat Girl would've gotten a name by now, so the mystery and intrigue grows