Shounen - Dead Rock by Hiro Mashima | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Dead Rock by Hiro Mashima

Shoutmon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Second chapter and Mashima already introduced a plot armor called Mikoto :facepalm

Yep she's going to save the characters as many times as she wants , a severed limb/ a mortal wound no problem necromancy will heal you , cut into several pieces and then you're dead no problem you will become a puppet.

And of course she's not going to die because if she dies then bye mister professor or maybe she will save herself by using her own power on herself who knows.
Well to be fair, being resurrected as Mikoto's puppet isn't exactly a non-issue. Anyone who finds themself in that situation now has no true agency.

Sure, Mikoto can let them act as they please in most cases, but if she wants to, she can now command them like she's doing with the professor.

We also don't know what other limits they have

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I question myself how long this mangaa will go.2 years?3 years?

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not sure, but I'm liking it so I hope we get a couple volumes out of it. If it gets popular enough Mashima might make it his new weekly series?

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Not sure, but I'm liking it so I hope we get a couple volumes out of it. If it gets popular enough Mashima might make it his new weekly series?
When EZ ends why not.But i dont think it will surpass FT in terms of sells.In fact not even close

Prince of the RL District

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Man I'm really loving this series. Here's to hoping my mashima keeps this quality consistent till the end which is highly unlikely lol

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I just found out this is a thing, the manga looks fun. By the looks of it death is rather gimmicky though I don't find this to be a bad development necessarily. It honestly looks like a lot of plot was introduced fairly early on.

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just found out this is a thing, the manga looks fun. By the looks of it death is rather gimmicky though I don't find this to be a bad development necessarily. It honestly looks like a lot of plot was introduced fairly early on.
Well it's only two chapters in so far friend, let's see if Mashima abuses this "Get out of death as a Zombie" free power. Given how story breaking it can be, I imagine there are limitations to what Mikoto can do

That and I imagine they can't really get away with that "Zombie mode" as easily as it seemed

Mashima never disappoints in the story department usually, treats all his characters, main and side, very well
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Spoilers for Chapter 3 should be coming in soon

WoWfan

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I like to think that this series is sort of like a satire to all those dark, gruesome mangas, that we see, look at you, hunter, X, hunter, you and your giant killer ants! And considering that Mikoto is a necromancer it seems fine to me for now.

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well looks like we have our "Oracion Seis" for this series

And I guess we all called it that the Fox/Cat Girl was going to play a role alongside the Class

My interests are piqued

Velvet-Demon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Nothing intersting in this chapter, just kills for the sake of kills , God is a bad guy wouah what a shock indeed totally not mark on his face since chapter 1 , with what he did now you just want to encourage Yakuto, now him dragging his comrades into his personnal revenge seems totally fair like if God was someone more like a good guy who does good deeds but in the same time there are negative consequences (like Yakuto's village being destroyed) so Yakuto the so called "different protagonist" will still be legit because he wants to kill an entity that is kind but now like I said since God is a pure bad guy so you just want Yakuto to punch his face and win before he dies because it seems he has limited lifespan because of his power.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Hmmm, "god" being overtly evil shouldn't necessarily mean yukuto is pure good. From the looks of it he was a human kid that got cast into hell at some point. And we have seen he has no human qualms about killing. Since this is a mashima series I wouldn't be surprised if yakuto finds a cure for his condition. Or perhaps it's not the case that he "dies" at the end. There's also the zombie girl that might be able to use his corpse.

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want to see where this Fox/Cat Girl falls into the story as she seems to be much more aware of situations then the others are and seems to know what Yakuto is really up to

Seems to me, Yakuto is really a HUMAN who somehow has Dragon Powers and is using those powers to get revenge

Saw the spoilers, things are getting interesting

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I want to see where this Fox/Cat Girl falls into the story as she seems to be much more aware of situations then the others are and seems to know what Yakuto is really up to

Seems to me, Yakuto is really a HUMAN who somehow has Dragon Powers and is using those powers to get revenge

Saw the spoilers, things are getting interesting
Which spoilers?

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States
"https://www.facebook.com/plugins/po...MYHrxDscd31g1ZdnVjhl&show_text=true&width=500"

Best I can do

Apparently the class is being punished for killing an entire class and challenged to battle in the Coliseum by Louzen

Yakuto finally transforms fully into a dragon and yes he looks exactly like Acnologia, but he's still weirded out by God noticing his spying and what the Fox/Cat Girl told him (Who we still don;t learn anything about)

Frey makes mention to having an older sister who is revealed to have been turned into some zombie drone thing by Louzen

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Natsu vs acnologia reference 👍

I love this manga already. It's awesome 😎 way better than fairy tail and Eden zero. Mashima should focus more on this manga
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I have hope in this manga.