Hangout - DGM Hang Out Thread | Page 77 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout DGM Hang Out Thread

Altbion

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
SQ. rise will be on sale on April 27th.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I don't think anyone posted it, D.Gray-Man will have a new printed version in Japan (the "jump remix" format) !

Gladiolus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Those are really good news. It means that, despite the irregular publishing rate of the manga, D.Gray-man is popular enough to warrant a re-edition of the old manga volumes.
Hopefully they will feature new covers.

Altbion

Reaction score
Country
France
That’s great news :cheerbunnyI hope we’ll get new covers for these volumes
It's very likely, I believe every series that got such a reprint had new covers, so we'll probably get them as well.

Those are really good news. It means that, despite the irregular publishing rate of the manga, D.Gray-man is popular enough to warrant a re-edition of the old manga volumes.
Hopefully they will feature new covers.
Yep, Dgm is still quite popular in Japan, it wouldn't get this if they weren't sure they would get profit from it.

AbrahamOmosun

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
So can someone tell me where I can find d gray man color pages

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Anyone knows why Dgray man takes so long to drop a chapter?

The lore is captivating but losing interest quick as it has too many mysterious left unanswered and seems to have plenty story left.

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Anyone knows why Dgray man takes so long to drop a chapter?

The lore is captivating but losing interest quick as it has too many mysterious left unanswered and seems to have plenty story left.
It is a long story, really, but let's say that the author got sick, and the deterioration of her health forced the manga to go from weekly to monthly, then from monthly to quarterly. That's why it takes so long for a chapter to come. Normally, the chapters come in January, April, July and October.

D.Gray-man is a good manga, but you have to be really invested in it if you want to keep reading it, as the story at its current point its so convoluted you can easily lost track of the latest events with how long it takes for a chapter to come.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
It is a long story, really, but let's say that the author got sick, and the deterioration of her health forced the manga to go from weekly to monthly, then from monthly to quarterly. That's why it takes so long for a chapter to come. Normally they each chapters comes in January, April, July and October.

D.Gray-man is a good manga, but you have to really be invested in it if you want to keep reading it, as the story at its current point its so convoluted you can lost track of the latest events between the publishing time of the chapters.
Trust me I know. My fandom has been waning past 3yrs. I didnt wanna call its plot convuluted but it is. Recent arcs where the story left off and started to clear up quite a bit, is where unfortunately as you've informed me, author's health has been bad.

I've been through HxH haikus also, not comparing which is better. HxH plot imo has payed off its readers more.

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Trust me I know. My fandom has been waning past 3yrs. I didnt wanna call its plot convuluted but it is. Recent arcs where the story left off and started to clear up quite a bit, is where unfortunately as you've informed me, author's health has been bad.

I've been through HxH hiatus also, not comparing which is better. HxH plot imo has payed off its readers more.
The main problem in my opinion is that the current arc is more focused in mystery. Some of the biggest twists of the manga are being unveiled, but with the irregular release schedule, through the years lots of people lost interest due the long time it took for the new chapters to come plus the confusing development that D.Gray-man took once the current arc started, and moved on to other stuff. In my case, this manga has always been one of my favorites, so even with all the hiatus and the eternity that takes for a new chapter to being published, I will follow it to the end.

I'm not reading the manga of HxH, and I don't know much about how Togashi is taking the hiatus, so I cannot speak much about it.

Blink22

Reaction score
Country
United States
Imagine if Hoshino tried to pull a Hagiwara and started redrawing all the old chapters in her current artstyle? While it would be beautiful, can’t imagine how much strain that could potentially put on her health when we don’t get enough new material as it is man.

Altbion

Reaction score
Country
France
Imagine if Hoshino tried to pull a Hagiwara and started redrawing all the old chapters in her current artstyle? While it would be beautiful, can’t imagine how much strain that could potentially put on her health when we don’t get enough new material as it is man.
It would be awesome, but definitely a huge strain on her health, so she probably won't which might be for the best.

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Cover of dgm's jump remix vol 2

the exhibition's website http://dgrayman.gengaten.com
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I think Hoshino drew Lavi for this cover? I don’t remember seeing this image anywhere

Last edited:

Altbion

Reaction score
Country
France
I think Hoshino drew Lavi for this cover? I don’t remember seeing this image anywhere
Yep, I believe this is an illustration specifically done for this cover.