Quarterfinal - Dimaria Yesta vs Laxus Dreyar | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Dimaria Yesta vs Laxus Dreyar

Which Fighter Advances?

• Dimaria Yesta

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 61 79.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Voting Rules:
  • This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • During the Quarter Finals, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Dimaria YestaLaxus Dreyar
Discussion will end on: June 18th, 2016
Voting will end on: June 19th, 2016

Last edited by a moderator:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think this will be an interesting match, it could go down to the wire but I think Laxus will take this one out. I look forward to seeing if anyone can sway me though :)

Stormsfury

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Time stop is not restricted so Dimaria wins.

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
if Dimaria has the Age Seal then she stomps. if not then Laxus wins with low-mid diff unless she cannot be hurt by anything except a God Slayer, Zeref or Acnologia.

Last edited:

THE ALMIGHTY CRYBABY

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Dimaria vs Laxus is an interesting battle but without age seal although Dimaria was impressive too, Laxus wins this with mid diff, imo!
Laxus defeated with magic barrier particles inside of his body Wahl ( on the same level as Dimaria) who was his complete counter and during that battle Wahl removed the mbp!!
In addition Laxus can use a red lighting-spell (which surpass his ordinary lighting-spells), dragon slayer secret art and if he got the chance he could even cast fairy law. Also he proved to be on spriggan tier level.

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
AP- Laxus > Dimaria
Defense - Laxus =< Dimaria
Speed - Laxus > Dimaria
Versatility
- Laxus > Dimaria
Intelligence - Laxus = Dimaria
MP
- Laxus < Dimaria

Last edited:

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Sorry dimaria but laxus win this mid diiff too damn strong..faster and i think more durable..and even a sick laxus can beat her

Jellal.S.N

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Guys, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't age seal one of her only magic we have seen? If that is restricted, then only God Soul Take-Over is allowed? This form also has Age Scratch if I remember correctly. And isn't this much stronger? It will be funny to see Dimaria fighting Laxus with a sword and energy beams. But shouldn't God Soul be enough to beat Laxus (Um, God of Time?). If Age Scratch is restricted in Take-Over form also, then Laxus wins rather easily...

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Laxus wins.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Guys, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't age seal one of her only magic we have seen? If that is restricted, then only God Soul Take-Over is allowed? This form also has Age Scratch if I remember correctly. And isn't this much stronger? It will be funny to see Dimaria fighting Laxus with a sword and energy beams. But shouldn't God Soul be enough to beat Laxus (Um, God of Time?). If Age Scratch is restricted in Take-Over form also, then Laxus wins rather easily...
Only Age Seal is restricted. Dimaria still has access to Age Scratch and her God Soul.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Since Age Seal is banned from the tournament, it should be pretty obvious Laxus wins.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Easy win for Laxus.
With Age Seal Dimaria stomps Laxus - 0 difficulty
Without Age Seal Laxus stomps
He is far too fast for her to catch him with Age Sratch and even of she did, Laxus's durability feats show he would still be able to keep fighting. Without Age Seal Dimaria is nothing

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
now that I think about it, Age Scratch can do a big difference here. is the Age Scratch damage equivalent to the total amount of physical pain they had received in their entire life or during the course of the war????

Last edited:

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
now that I think about it, Age Scratch can do a big difference here. is the Age Scratch damage is equivalent to the total amount of physical pain they had received in their entire life or during the course of the war????
Entire life i believe

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Entire life i believe
if that's the case then Dimaria can beat him. Laxus received a big amount of damage in his past (Gajeel, Natsu, Hades, Jura, Zirconis. Magical Barrier Particles, Wahl).

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Has anyone been defeated by a short burst of pain? Age Scratch lasts a matter of seconds. It's enough to stun Laxus and allow DiMaria to hit him while stunned, but that's about it. Laxus would have enough pain tolerance not to faint from such pain imo. She still has to land Age Scratch too...

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
This is a rather tough one for me.

When I saw full DF Wendy's performance against Dimaria I thought: OK, so, Gods are immune to any attacks that are not God Slayer attacks. That was proved by prime Chelia defeating her. Apparently not only did Chelia's CQC attacks hurt her, but also they managed to sort of revert her God Soul.

I consider prime Chelia's CQC attacks on par with current Erza. That is to say, they both are women, they seem strong, muscular and well-trained; with a lot of potential, and similar reserves of MP.

Now comes the tricky part:

- In the event that Dimaria has full immunity to any attacks that are not delivered by a god slayer, then Dimaria wins low difficulty.
- In the event that Dimaria has partial immunity, that is, God Slaying attacks harm her (even if their true potence is 5 in a scale out of 10), and regular attacks CAN harm her (but their true potence must be from 8 out of 10 on in order to be effective), then assuming DF Wendy's attacks are a 6-7 without the GS factor, she couldn't hurt Dimaria; but if Laxus' factor turned out to be 8-9-10 out of 10, without the GS factor he should still be able to win. In this case, Laxus would be the winner with extreme difficulty and it could go either way.
- In the event that Dimaria has no real immunity to non-GS attacks, so it's not a factor; and the reason why Wendy was helpless and unable to damage her is because her attacks are simply too weak if compared to Laxus', and I'm implying here a MASSIVE GAP (thus puting alvarez base Laxus many, many tiers above current full DF Wendy), then Laxus would win mid difficulty. I'm by no means believing that full DF Wendy is a lot of tiers below Laxus so this would be the least option I'd choose.

I choose my second reasoning giving Laxus the edge with extreme difficulty. Therefore I'm accepting that entities like Dragons, Gods or Demons CAN be 'slayed' (affected, harmed, killed) by non-dragon/god/devil slayers, but there is a "certain factor of immunity". That is to say, God Slayers can damage a God in the same way a much stronger attack without the GS factor would. So, Laxus' attacks are more powerful than Chelia's, but both would deal similar damage to a God because of this reasoning.

Last edited:

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
This is a rather tough one for me.

When I saw full DF Wendy's performance against Dimaria I thought: OK, so, Gods are immune to any attacks that are not God Slayer attacks. That was proved by prime Chelia defeating her. Apparently not only did Chelia's CQC attacks hurt her, but also they managed to sort of revert her God Soul.

I consider prime Chelia's CQC attacks on par with current Erza. That is to say, they both are women, they seem strong, muscular and well-trained; with a lot of potential, and similar reserves of MP.

Now comes the tricky part:

- In the event that Dimaria has full immunity to any attacks that are not delivered by a god slayer, then Dimaria wins low difficulty.
- In the event that Dimaria has partial immunity, that is, God Slaying attacks harm her (even if their true potence is 5 in a scale out of 10), and regular attacks CAN harm her (but their true potence must be from 8 out of 10 on in order to be effective), then assuming DF Wendy's attacks are a 6-7 without the GS factor, she couldn't hurt Dimaria; but if Laxus' factor turned out to be 8-9-10 out of 10, without the GS factor he should still be able to win. In this case, Laxus would be the winner with extreme difficulty and it could go either way.
- In the event that Dimaria has no real immunity to non-GS attacks, so it's not a factor; and the reason why Wendy was helpless and unable to damage her is because her attacks are simply too weak if compared to Laxus', and I'm implying here a MASSIVE GAP (thus puting alvarez base Laxus many, many tiers above current full DF Wendy), then Laxus would win mid difficulty. I'm by no means believing that full DF Wendy is a lot of tiers below Laxus so this would be the least option I'd choose.

I choose my second reasoning giving Laxus the edge with extreme difficulty. Therefore I'm accepting that entities like Dragons, Gods or Demons CAN be 'slayed' (affected, harmed, killed) by non-dragon/god/devil slayers, but there is a "certain factor of immunity". That is to say, God Slayers can damage a God in the same way a much stronger attack without the GS factor would. So, Laxus' attacks are more powerful than Chelia's, but both would deal similar damage to a God because of this reasoning.
Well, i wouldn't overhype Gods so much, considering what happened between Natsu and Ikusatsunagi. It is definitely possible to damage a God.
Ikusatsunagi was disappointing and didn't show any feats, contrary to Dimaria's God soul, thus i'd consider Dimaria to be stronger than Ikusatsunagi by far. But then again, Laxus is vasty superior to Wendy (which is an opinion you don't share, we'll have to agree to disagree =))

Status
Not open for further replies.