Quarterfinal - Dimaria Yesta vs Laxus Dreyar | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Dimaria Yesta vs Laxus Dreyar

Which Fighter Advances?

• Dimaria Yesta

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 61 79.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Laxus wins this.He uses a nuke attack to one shot Dimaria.

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Well, just as I expected, it will be another unfair win for another fan favourite.

Isn't it pretty obvious that Dimaria won't have a lot of trouble with Laxus? I mean, Laxus is not faster than DF Wendy. Since Dimaria could easily pierce DF Wendy with her lazer beams, there is no way to deny that she can't pierce Laxus with it. Not to forget, even Carla's Clairvoyance wasn't fast enough to keep track of Dimaria's beams.

How would Laxus be able to withstand Dimaria's Age Scratch? If there is one person who took a lot damage in his life it's Laxus.

Seriously, stop being biased towards the fan favourites like Natsu, Laxus and Jellal. It's nothing more than obvious that Dimaria will win this.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Well, just as I expected, it will be another unfair win for another fan favourite.

Isn't it pretty obvious that Dimaria won't have a lot of trouble with Laxus? I mean, Laxus is not faster than DF Wendy. Since Dimaria could easily pierce DF Wendy with her lazer beams, there is no way to deny that she can't pierce Laxus with it. Not to forget, even Carla's Clairvoyance wasn't fast enough to keep track of Dimaria's beams.

How would Laxus be able to withstand Dimaria's Age Scratch? If there is one person who took a lot damage in his life it's Laxus.

Seriously, stop being biased towards the fan favourites like Natsu, Laxus and Jellal. It's nothing more than obvious that Dimaria will win this.
Laxus is definitely faster than DF Wendy.
In my opinion at least. I didn't search for feats or comparison to back up my opinion because, well, it is kinda obvious in my eyes.
Wendy has been granted the ability to activate DF at will JUST so that she could still be relevant in fights and keep up with the other monsters (namely: Natsu, Gray, Erza, even Gajeel) after the timeskip. She's still inferior to them.
Just look at how she was unable to do anything against Bluenote's gravity. While it is true that she was not in DF that time, neither was Natsu and he was able to stand and resist Bluenote's gravity. I've been reading on the forums that Bluenote ws now considered a fodder after that one-shot from Natsu, well, Base Wendy couldn't do anything to that fodder whereas Base Natsu, well, fodderized him.
Base Wendy is still leagues bellow Laxus and there's no reason to assume that DF (even if thats a huge power up) would make her climb all the way to Laxus' s level.
I would agree to admit that DF Wendy can be superior to Erza. But faster than Laxus, i definitely don't agree with it. You would have to show me real evidence and comparisons to back it up.

Dimaria can probably pierce Laxus with her lasers, and Laxus can punch her with lightning punches, kick her with lightning kicks, probably one-shot her with red-lightning... Dimaria can damage Laxus of course, but Laxus can damage Dimaria even more in the end.

Age Scratch is the spell that could actually make this battle rather difficult for Laxus because as you said, he wil receive MASSIVE pain from it. This is only a short period of pain though, and not real damage. Laxus has proved times and times again that pain don't hold him back or prevent him from fighting: he's been fighting for a while with a pretty fucked up body.

Also don't assume that anyone voting for Laxus is a fanboy whose opinion is biased. Laxus has proved that he was a Top tier fighter (by solo defeating a Spriggan, and keeping up with this Spriggan with his entire body messed up badly), and Dimaria got her best spell/hax removed. This is definitely not far fetched to say he would win. At the very least, it is NOT obvious at all that Dimaria would win.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Laxus is faster than DF Wendy. But I don't think Laxus is going to be blitzing DiMaria all fight like she can't hit him. She's probably like Wahl, so she'll be landing hits. It's just that Laxus is that little bit quicker, and will be able to evade some of DiMaria's attacks.

Imo, the laser of DiMaria's and Age Scratch are quite overrated spells. They pale in comparison to Age Seal.

The laser

It has shown to penetrate DF Wendy and Carla, but was swatted with ease by TO-Sherria. So if TO-Sherria can swat it, then Laxus' durability only needs to be that level to do the same.

From the CQC battles between Laxus/Wahl and DiMaria/Sherria, we see Laxus taking less damage than Sherria. In fact, Sherria is bleeding from DiMaria's elbow. Could that be stronger than Wahl's punches? Maybe. But judging from the scale of the fight I would doubt DiMaria is hitting harder than Wahl. I have no problem saying Laxus durability is above TO-Sherria's, and therefore the laser won't hurt him.

Age Scratch

If you touch DiMaria, and she is unaffected, it seems she can trigger Age Scratch. A punch/kick from DF Wendy is weak enough that Age Scratch can be used, but not a punch from TO-Sherria (probably has some GS magic in her punch though).

What happens if you get hit? A short immense rush of pain. Wendy was able to recover quickly.

So what would Laxus endure if he's hit with Age Scratch? I can agree that due to age he'd have more pain etched into his body. But Wendy's probably got a lower pain tolerance than Laxus. She's gone through Second-Origin, and been hurt badly before. Sure Laxus has done more, but if it's only a couple of seconds, is he going to be taken out?

Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I'll give this to Laxus mid-high diff. Age scratch can do a fair bit of damage, but it won't KO Laxus. Currently, he's strong enough to shrug off majority of pain from older battles. It's those that he received since Tempesta that would matter, and though it could affect him quite well, he still wouldn't go down, especially since he's in peak condition in this fight. Dimaria's chronos form will also allow her put up a decent fight, but ultimately, she falls to Laxus.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Again, what made her scary -- possibly the scariest type of opponent -- was her time manipulation. Without it, Laxus decisively wins.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Laxus Dreyar wins mid-high diff.

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
pretty sure that his nuke (one of his weakest attacks, it doesn't even have a name lol) would heavily injure her or even KO her.

Last edited:

Damon blevins

Reaction score
Country
United States
With age seal dimaria wins, but without Laxus wins fairly easily.
He is superior to her in every category.
Physical strength
Speed
Destructive power
Stamina
Reflexes
Ect...
Laxus wins mid diff.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well, i wouldn't overhype Gods so much, considering what happened between Natsu and Ikusatsunagi. It is definitely possible to damage a God.
Ikusatsunagi was disappointing and didn't show any feats, contrary to Dimaria's God soul, thus i'd consider Dimaria to be stronger than Ikusatsunagi by far. But then again, Laxus is vasty superior to Wendy (which is an opinion you don't share, we'll have to agree to disagree =))
Well... if you assume base Natsu's FDKM punch to be massively stronger than anything on DF Wendy's disposal, then yeah, we're agreeing on the scale-ish thing, in which if you're a God Slayer you have like +3 of advantage in a scale out of 10, where 8 is the minimum to hurt a God.

Say DF Wendy is a 5,5; Erza is a 6,5; Laxus and base Natsu with FDKM punch manage to output an 8 and prime Chelia outputs a 6,5 but you add these 3 extra points for being a GS which gives you 9,5; past the minimum 8 to hurt her. As you can se based on that scale, Natsu also barely reaches the minimum by which he can hurt a god.

Similarly non-DS slayers can hurt/kill dragons only if they abide by that scale. So, in the GMG we saw no-one who was not a DS could harm a dragon, but that's simply because they were too weak on that scale, and they didn't have the +3 factor. But the DS did have the +3 factor and some of them managed to actually hurt a dragon.

For example, Makarov did nothing to Atlas Flame. Let us assume he was a 7/10 and he needed 8/10 to hurt him. Natsu on the other hand was a 6/10 but had the extra 3 points which allowed him to hurt a dragon.

On another note, I DO agree with Laxus being vastly superior than DF Wendy, but not vastly, vastly superior. That is to say, if we were to compare, I'd say Laxus is above DF Wendy a bit more than he is above Erza. So, not this: Laxus >>>>>>>>>>>>> DF Wendy, but this: Laxus >>>>> DF Wendy. Or this, for that matter: Laxus >>> Erza >> DF Wendy

PS: The scale thing is just a measure so that you understand my point, never a strict thing.

Isn't it pretty obvious that Dimaria won't have a lot of trouble with Laxus? I mean, Laxus is not faster than DF Wendy.
Since Dimaria could easily pierce DF Wendy with her lazer beams, there is no way to deny that she can't pierce Laxus with it. Not to forget, even Carla's Clairvoyance wasn't fast enough to keep track of Dimaria's beams.

While Laxus is significantly faster than DF Wendy, his reaction speed is massively faster than hers (he was capable of rendering bullets useless, which were massively hypersonic).
Dimaria can still pierce Laxus, as she can pierce pretty much anyone. Laxus is faster than DF Wendy and he can probably dodge most of the beams, but what is more important here is the fact that DF Wendy went on the offensive but achieved nothing, whereas Laxus would most likely achieve something.

Age scratch is indeed a problem though.

I like Dimaria more than Laxus, but without age seal, it's going to be tough for her, thus why I voted for her but with extreme difficulty.

Base Wendy is still leagues bellow Laxus and there's no reason to assume that DF (even if thats a huge power up) would make her climb all the way to Laxus' s level.
I would agree to admit that DF Wendy can be superior to Erza. But faster than Laxus, i definitely don't agree with it. You would have to show me real evidence and comparisons to back it up.
I agree with most of your post. DF for Wendy is but a means for her to reach the others' level in base. She's still slightly inferior to Erza, base Natsu or Laxus, and probably base Gray too. Slightly superior or equal to Juvia.

It has shown to penetrate DF Wendy and Carla, but was swatted with ease by TO-Sherria. So if TO-Sherria can swat it, then Laxus' durability only needs to be that level to do the same.
In order to be able of swatting the laser, you must have enough reaction speed to be able to do so. If you do, and Laxus does, then you can swat it. If you don't swat it it's going to pierce you through. Whether you are DF Wendy or you are Laxus.

But yeah, of course Laxus can dodge/swat it. If she spams lasers, then some will probably hit though.

From the CQC battles between Laxus/Wahl and DiMaria/Sherria, we see Laxus taking less damage than Sherria. In fact, Sherria is bleeding from DiMaria's elbow. Could that be stronger than Wahl's punches? Maybe. But judging from the scale of the fight I would doubt DiMaria is hitting harder than Wahl. I have no problem saying Laxus durability is above TO-Sherria's, and therefore the laser won't hurt him.
This pretty much proves my reasoning, prime Chelia should be around the level of Erza in most areas, including durability. She just won a God because she's got the God Slaying factor, whereas Erza wouldn't be capable of it, probably. Laxus is going to have a hard time but he may be able to become victor, with extreme difficulty. It could go either way.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Wendy is faster than Laxus now :lmao Please tell me how Dimaria comes close to Laxus in any of the stats bar 'hax' which Laxus lose by default for having none. Someone please tell me how Laxus gets pushed to even high-dif.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Wendy is faster than Laxus now :lmao Please tell me how Dimaria comes close to Laxus in any of the stats bar 'hax' which Laxus lose by default for having none. Someone please tell me how Laxus gets pushed to even high-dif.
He gets pushed to high and even extreme diff. First of all, we're talking of a Spriggan here, even without her hax, she still can get very dangerous: monstruous MP (enough to destroy surroundings just by existing), and some dangerous techniques like age scratch, which affects more those who have suffered more (thus Laxus will be very affected). She has high durability and high CQC abilities. And she can jsut spam some laser that Laxus will have a hard time dodging.

Dimaria, in her chronos form, even without her age seal hax, she's no pushover.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
He gets pushed to high and even extreme diff. First of all, we're talking of a Spriggan here, even without her hax, she still can get very dangerous: monstruous MP (enough to destroy surroundings just by existing), and some dangerous techniques like age scratch, which affects more those who have suffered more (thus Laxus will be very affected). She has high durability and high CQC abilities. And she can jsut spam some laser that Laxus will have a hard time dodging.

Dimaria, in her chronos form, even without her age seal hax, she's no pushover.
No, no he doesn't get pushed to high-dif. We're talking about a Spriggan who's main ability has been restricted and that main ability was the only reason why she was a standout among peers. Without Age Seal I have no reason to believe Dimaira is stronger than the likes of Wahl and maybe even Ajeel. She was getting outdone in CQC by Chelia, granted Chelia had a slaying advantage but regardless she was outdone while her full power was blocked by a shield from BASE Wendy, her offensive power isn't the greatest, while I have no reason to believe Laxus would have trouble dodging Dimaria's in the same fashion he dodged Wahl's blasts:

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/473/7

In fact, Wahl's energy bullets can be seemingly fired off in quicker succession than Dimaria's lasers,and to top it off Chelia flat out bats a laser away, somethingLaxus should be able to do:

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/476/9

Dimaria is is no pushover but she isn't strong enough to fight someone who can dispatch her peer without much trouble when at full power.

Last edited:

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
well, Dimaria can strip off her clothes in front of Laxus and he will be off guard allowing her to defeat him :)

on a serious note, if Laxus never suffered any damage in his life then he would low diff her. since he suffered a big amount of damage in his life he will high diff her.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
well, Dimaria can strip off her clothes in front of Laxus and he will be off guard allowing her to defeat him :)

on a serious note, if Laxus never suffered any damage in his life then he would low diff her. since he suffered a big amount of damage in his life he will high diff her.
A temporary shock from pain isn't pushing him to high-dif, Wendy who should have much less pain tolerance was able to respond immediately after taking Age Scratch, Laxus should be capable of the same.

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
A temporary shock from pain isn't pushing him to high-dif, Wendy who should have much less pain tolerance was able to respond immediately after taking Age Scratch, Laxus should be capable of the same.
its been long time before I saw that chapter. if that's the case then he low diff her with his casual nuke.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Wendy is faster than Laxus now :lmao
Well yeah she actually is which you just can't deny.

Now please show me when Laxus was equal in speed compared to DF Wendy.

Laxus is definitely faster than DF Wendy.
She is not. See the pages I posted above.

In my opinion at least. I didn't search for feats or comparison to back up my opinion because, well, it is kinda obvious in my eyes.
Wendy has been granted the ability to activate DF at will JUST so that she could still be relevant in fights and keep up with the other monsters (namely: Natsu, Gray, Erza, even Gajeel) after the timeskip. She's still inferior to them.
Just look at how she was unable to do anything against Bluenote's gravity. While it is true that she was not in DF that time, neither was Natsu and he was able to stand and resist Bluenote's gravity. I've been reading on the forums that Bluenote ws now considered a fodder after that one-shot from Natsu, well, Base Wendy couldn't do anything to that fodder whereas Base Natsu, well, fodderized him.
Why is DF Wendy underrated like this? Once it comes to speed she outclasses every member from Fairy Tail. She is above Erza and Gajeel which I don't really doubt of.

I don't get why Wendy's Dragon Force is considered as pathetic while Natsu's Dragon Force is considered as high Spriggan tier. Seriously, it's Dragon Force we're talking about.

Why are you comparing Base Wendy with Natsu and Laxus while Base Wendy barely can't fight? DF Wendy outclasses Base Natsu when it comes to feats. DF Wendy is not as strong as Laxus, which I agree to. But faster? Yes. So Laxus won't have a chance to dodge Dimaria's lazer beams.

Dimaria can probably pierce Laxus with her lasers, and Laxus can punch her with lightning punches, kick her with lightning kicks, probably one-shot her with red-lightning... Dimaria can damage Laxus of course, but Laxus can damage Dimaria even more in the end.
If you agree that Dimaria could hit Laxus with her lazer beams, than why do you think he'll win this? Laxus will be killed directly once Dimaria pierces him through his heart.

Age Scratch is the spell that could actually make this battle rather difficult for Laxus because as you said, he wil receive MASSIVE pain from it. This is only a short period of pain though, and not real damage. Laxus has proved times and times again that pain don't hold him back or prevent him from fighting: he's been fighting for a while with a pretty fucked up body.
It was a short time for Wendy, yes. But Laxus will have to enjoy some minutes of a much amount of pain. Dimaria could just kill him in the time he can't move.

Also don't assume that anyone voting for Laxus is a fanboy whose opinion is biased. Laxus has proved that he was a Top tier fighter (by solo defeating a Spriggan, and keeping up with this Spriggan with his entire body messed up badly), and Dimaria got her best spell/hax removed. This is definitely not far fetched to say he would win. At the very least, it is NOT obvious at all that Dimaria would win.
Yes, he defeated Wahl. But Dimaria is superior to Wahl. The only thing that Dimaria needs here to mid diff Laxus are her lazers.

Laxus is faster than DF Wendy. But I don't think Laxus is going to be blitzing DiMaria all fight like she can't hit him. She's probably like Wahl, so she'll be landing hits. It's just that Laxus is that little bit quicker, and will be able to evade some of DiMaria's attacks.
I posted some pages above which shows that Wendy's speed should be considered better than Laxus' speed.

Imo, the laser of DiMaria's and Age Scratch are quite overrated spells. They pale in comparison to Age Seal.

The laser

Age Scratch

If you touch DiMaria, and she is unaffected, it seems she can trigger Age Scratch. A punch/kick from DF Wendy is weak enough that Age Scratch can be used, but not a punch from TO-Sherria (probably has some GS magic in her punch though).

What happens if you get hit? A short immense rush of pain. Wendy was able to recover quickly.

So what would Laxus endure if he's hit with Age Scratch? I can agree that due to age he'd have more pain etched into his body. But Wendy's probably got a lower pain tolerance than Laxus. She's gone through Second-Origin, and been hurt badly before. Sure Laxus has done more, but if it's only a couple of seconds, is he going to be taken out?

Chelia was able to reflect her spell thanks to her slayer advantage and the Third Origin power-up she just received, which should've multiplied her speed and reaction speed which was already pretty high since she is a Sky God Slayer. DF Wendy couldn't do the same, so it seems pretty clear that it was Third Origin that gave Chelia the opportunity to reflect her lazers.

I agree that Laxus durability should be above TO Chelia's though. But once Dimaria pierces him through his heart, it's over.

I also can agree that Age Scratch won't take Laxus out. But it will give Dimaria a perfect opportunity to kill him, since he wouldn't be able to attack once he is affected by Age Scratch.

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Laxus wins.

DiMaria was extremely disappointing in this arc like most of the other spriggans.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Well yeah she actually is which you just can't deny.

She is not. See the pages I posted above.

Why is DF Wendy underrated like this? Once it comes to speed she outclasses every member from Fairy Tail. She is above Erza and Gajeel which I don't really doubt of.

I don't get why Wendy's Dragon Force is considered as pathetic while Natsu's Dragon Force is considered as high Spriggan tier. Seriously, it's Dragon Force we're talking about.

Why are you comparing Base Wendy with Natsu and Laxus while Base Wendy barely can't fight? DF Wendy outclasses Base Natsu when it comes to feats. DF Wendy is not as strong as Laxus, which I agree to. But faster? Yes. So Laxus won't have a chance to dodge Dimaria's lazer beams.

If you agree that Dimaria could hit Laxus with her lazer beams, than why do you think he'll win this? Laxus will be killed directly once Dimaria pierces him through his heart.

It was a short time for Wendy, yes. But Laxus will have to enjoy some minutes of a much amount of pain. Dimaria could just kill him in the time he can't move.

Yes, he defeated Wahl. But Dimaria is superior to Wahl. The only thing that Dimaria needs here to mid diff Laxus are her lazers.

I posted some pages above which shows that Wendy's speed should be considered better than Laxus' speed.

Chelia was able to reflect her spell thanks to her slayer advantage and the Third Origin power-up she just received, which should've multiplied her speed and reaction speed which was already pretty high since she is a Sky God Slayer. DF Wendy couldn't do the same, so it seems pretty clear that it was Third Origin that gave Chelia the opportunity to reflect her lazers.

I agree that Laxus durability should be above TO Chelia's though. But once Dimaria pierces him through his heart, it's over.

I also can agree that Age Scratch won't take Laxus out. But it will give Dimaria a perfect opportunity to kill him, since he wouldn't be able to attack once he is affected by Age Scratch.
That doesn't PROVE ANYTHING. Laxus was doing the same thing to Tempesta and Laxus flat out blitzed Hades

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/358/7

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/245/11
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/245/12

Wendy HAS NEVER and probably never will be faster than Laxus. On top of being the one if not currently the strongest FT member, Laxus has always been the fastest member. Laxus has always been FLAT out superior to Wendy by leaps and bounds, he wouldn't be behind Wendy in something as essential as speed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v42/c358/8.html
http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v42/c358/9.html
http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v42/c358/10.html

I've read somwhere in the forum, that DF was supposed to multiply someone's power by 3, more or less. You're saying Base Wendy barely can't fight, and DF makes her insane?
If we follow the definition of DF multiplying the power by 3:
-- If Base Natsu has 100 power value, DF Natsu --> 300.
-- If Base Wendy has 25 power value, DF Wendy --> 100.
Difference in power: 200. Natsu is naturaly stronger than Wendy in base form, therefore his DF will make him way stronger than Wendy's DF will. (poor english sorry).

DF Wendy is underrated because Base Wendy is far from being as good as other DS, whereas DF Natsu is considered top tier since he is pretty strong even in base mode.

I don't even think DF should be overhyped so much. Base Natsu solo'ed DF Rogue + DF Sting.

I agree that Dimaria could hit Laxus. I'm not saying Laxus won't try to dodge, just saying it's possible that a lazer hits. If you assume Dimaria can aim at Laxus heart, fire the beam, and Laxus not being able to evade the trajectory even a bit... Then we'll have to disagree.

What makes you assume that Laxus would have to endure a much longer pain time than Wendy?
Wendy had to suffer a really short time, a pain equal to all the pain she has felt during her life.
It would be the same with Laxus. He would suffer a really short time as well. A much much greater pain i admit, but a really shot time.
Nothing can make us assume that the time would be longer for Laxus.

Dimaria being superior to Wahl, i'm not sure about. I mean of course she is, duh. But Wahl would come close to a restricted Dimaria. Without her ability to stop time i wouldn't place Wahl so far behind Dimaria, but that's only a matter of opinion i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.