Quarterfinal - Dimaria Yesta vs Laxus Dreyar | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Dimaria Yesta vs Laxus Dreyar

Which Fighter Advances?

• Dimaria Yesta

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 61 79.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
When had Laxus' 'pain threshold' been shown? Wendy having to solo battles is IRRELEVANT because she still shown to have taken a lot of damage in team battles were she has been support. Laxus had never been near knocked out in ALL OF HIS BATTLES, while being knocked out doesn't mean you've sustain more damage, both Natsu and Gajeel took more damage than Laxus in their despite neither of them getting knocked out while Laxus did. Laxus being tired from fighting isn't because of pain or do you not get the actual concept of actually being physically injured (not just being in pain) and fatigue?

Laxus himself wasn't immobilised by the PAIN but the actual MBP itself, when you get ill you aren't I'll because it hurts you're ill because of the illness itself. Pain alone isn't killing Laxus and Laxus' pain tolerance is wayy above Wendy's and the fact you think pain only incapacitated Laxus is laughable.
I'm showing the little amount if battles and pain she accumulated within those battles. When she was in a supportive role she did not take a much damage as the advance Team as they either protected her or the enemy was more focused on the others. Did you miss the part where I said, "he was or nearly KOed" which is the truth. We didn't know current Wendy's pain before the fight but after we know she can tank the accumulative damage if everything she token thus far in pre-ts that's a feat for Wendy not a way to demean Age Scratch or just give the feat to Laxus. The fight with Wahl and his fight Hades is already enough pain to render him unconscious and immobilized but also adding all his other previous fights would kill him. It dorsn't matter if Laxus has a higher pain tolerance than Wendy as all his accumulative damage far exceeds that of his pain threshold. Age Scratch is hax not DC which means Wedny tanking does not mean Laxus can as the affects very per person.

Laxus pain threshold before he can't fight anymore is the Wahl fight, and the Hades fight that is a fact. Adding the acumulative damage of all his previous attacks would kill him.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Dimaria was getting hurt by regular punches.
She was hurt by God Slaying imbued punches. Jeez the downplay is real.

Crimson Ice

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
I'm showing the little amount if battles and pain she accumulated within those battles. When she was in a supportive role she did not take a much damage as the advance Team as they either protected her or the enemy was more focused on the others. Did you miss the part where I said, "he was or nearly KOed" which is the truth. We didn't know current Wendy's pain before the fight but after we know she can tank the accumulative damage if everything she token thus far in pre-ts that's a feat for Wendy not a way to demean Age Scratch or just give the feat to Laxus. The fight with Wahl and his fight Hades is already enough pain to render him unconscious and immobilized but also adding all his other previous fights would kill him. It dorsn't matter if Laxus has a higher pain tolerance than Wendy as all his accumulative damage far exceeds that of his pain threshold. Age Scratch is hax not DC which means Wedny tanking does not mean Laxus can as the affects very per person.

Laxus pain threshold before he can't fight anymore is the Wahl fight, and the Hades fight that is a fact. Adding the acumulative damage of all his previous attacks would kill him.

She was hurt by God Slaying imbued punches. Jeez the downplay is real.

Little amount? She's taken a lot and she's gotten beaten up just as much as the main force in battle where she is support in:

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/194/3
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/194/7
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/194/8
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/244/10
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/244/14

Did you miss the part where I said nearly as well.....As for Wendy, in general, her pain tolerance and all around durability is farr below the like of Laxus and Wendy herself has been beaten up in the past as well A LOT, even if it's not as much damage as Laxus......Gues what her durability and isn't as high as Laxus' either so it balances out. Again you ignored my whole point, Laxus wasn't rendered unconscious BECAUSE OF PAIN PURLEY, get that into your head, actual physical damage and fatigue played a part so you can say that all you want, but let me GUESS YOU WILL IGNORE THIS. So unless you have prove that Laxus is unconscious purely from taking in too much pain and not the wear and tear and fatigue YOU HAVE NOTHING.

Age Scratch brings back your pain purely not all the injuries you've ever gotten.

And no it wasn't God Slaying punches at all, the only time she uses God Slaying was right at the end.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
So she took fodder spells. She barely fought and was saved by Natsu multiple times in the Dorma Anim fight. And all the attacks you've shown are pretty fodder to Wendy individualy and accumulative wouldn't really on be par with current form who while half dead is on par with a pre-ts Laxus.
Did you miss the part where I said nearly as well.....As for Wendy, in general, her pain tolerance and all around durability is farr below the like of Laxus and Wendy herself has been beaten up in the past as well A LOT, even if it's not as much damage as Laxus......Gues what her durability and isn't as high as Laxus' either so it balances out.
Stop comparing Wendy and Laxus is what I'm saying. The pain Laxus has taken far exceeded that of his current pain threshold. I'm not saying Laxus would die bcs of his Past pain, I'm saying he would die from his current and past accumulative damage he has taken.
Again you ignored my whole point, Laxus wasn't rendered unconscious BECAUSE OF PAIN PURLEY, get that into your head, actual physical damage and fatigue played a part so you can say that all you want, but let me GUESS YOU WILL IGNORE THIS. So unless you have prove that Laxus is unconscious purely from taking in too much pain and not the wear and tear and fatigue YOU HAVE NOTHING.
Get through your head that Laxus "injuries" were mostly pain based. He didn't get shredded up like Erza in his fight he only took blunt damage which is mostly pain based. Age Scratch brings pack the pain and battle damage that was etched into your body. That means all the attacks you've taken are all coming back at once and you're experiencing that pain all over again. The pain you take from battle also adds fatigue too which again he was down after the two battles and that is what Age Scratch will make him feel again.
And no it wasn't God Slaying punches at all, the only time she uses God Slaying was right at the end.
Did you even read the fight? Bcs it seems all you did was skimmed through it...those fist were God Slayed imbued. Those fists were literally were forcing her out of her God Soul.

Last edited:

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
that might just be a title "War God". according to Solitrine

War God(s) can be a title for all we know.
Yeah that's possible... But that's contradicting Fairy Tail's wiki.
2 sources contradicting each other... I guess we can't really take my point seriously then. =)
I still think normal (non God Slayer type of attacks) can damage Dimaria's God Soul, but i admit that my point (Iku-whatever the name is, have been damaged by Natsu) shouldn't be taken into consideration until we got valid evidence that the two entities (Iku and Chronos) are both real Gods and should share the same properties/limitations

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Did you even bother to read the conditions?
What conditions? I checked the first post but it does not say anything regarding that. That said, this would still probably be a hard fight for laxus even if the time freezing wasn't a thing. I am not sure of who would win in this scenario.
2 sources contradicting each other... I guess we can't really take my point seriously then. =)
I still think normal (non God Slayer type of attacks) can damage Dimaria's God Soul, but i admit that my point (Iku-whatever the name is, have been damaged by Natsu) shouldn't be taken into consideration until we got valid evidence that the two entities (Iku and Chronos) are both real Gods and should share the same properties/limitations
I don't think we have any reason to think that someone would be entirely immune to damage. Slayer type magic, as far as we know, does not work by being effective against otherwise invulnerable enemies. It works by being disproportionately effective against targets even if their power is much greater than your own. It is the reason why grey could hurt mard geer while natsu initially couldn't... And why dragon force was enough to actually injure mard geer later on.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
You have to be kidding...

Not like the wiki is a reliable source... :P

What conditions? I checked the first post but it does not say anything regarding that. That said, this would still probably be a hard fight for laxus even if the time freezing wasn't a thing. I am not sure of who would win in this scenario.
https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/tournament-rules-and-info-thread.3004432/

I agree with you though. I gave this to Laxus with extreme diff.

On another note, the "slaying" factor (devil, dragon god). Let's put it in a scale, from one to ten.
Imagine that Wendy is a 5. Against a normal mage, whose defense is, say, 3, 4, 5... Wendy's going to have the upper hand. Against a god, she is a 5. A God will not be taken down easily, a God's defense is at least 8. Wendy is not even scratching a god. Against a dragon... she is a... 5? No. There's the dragon slaying factor here. +3 for me. So she's an 8. A Dragon, well, it depends on the dragon. Its defense may be 8, 9, 10... But here, Wendy plays a role.

Prime Chelia is a 6,5. Laxus is an 8. How will they perform against a normal mage? Laxus will do better. How about a dragon? Laxus is going to be amazing. How about a God? Well, Prime Chelia is going to have a +3 factor so she's gonna be a 9,5 = perfect match for Dimaria. As for Laxus he's a bare 8. How about Dimaria? Her defense is probably 8. So... tough battle.

Yeah, the dragon slaying factor makes a mage more effective against the entity they're slaying, not "stronger" in general terms. So Laxus is generally stronger, but he'd perform worse against a God.

I mean, if this were Dimaria vs Orga, then Orga would definetely win, mid difficulty at most (without age seal ofc).

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
[QUOTE="Char, post: 4267181, member: 193647"

[/QUOTE]

=)
I know. That's the only source i know though so... :P
If you have a better source i'd be glad if you could tell me about it xD that would prevent me from saying nonsense :P

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States

https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/tournament-rules-and-info-thread.3004432/

On another note, the "slaying" factor (devil, dragon god). Let's put it in a scale, from one to ten.
Imagine that Wendy is a 5. Against a normal mage, whose defense is, say, 3, 4, 5... Wendy's going to have the upper hand. Against a god, she is a 5. A God will not be taken down easily, a God's defense is at least 8. Wendy is not even scratching a god. Against a dragon... she is a... 5? No. There's the dragon slaying factor here. +3 for me. So she's an 8. A Dragon, well, it depends on the dragon. Its defense may be 8, 9, 10... But here, Wendy plays a role.

Prime Chelia is a 6,5. Laxus is an 8. How will they perform against a normal mage? Laxus will do better. How about a dragon? Laxus is going to be amazing. How about a God? Well, Prime Chelia is going to have a +3 factor so she's gonna be a 9,5 = perfect match for Dimaria. As for Laxus he's a bare 8. How about Dimaria? Her defense is probably 8. So... tough battle.

Yeah, the dragon slaying factor makes a mage more effective against the entity they're slaying, not "stronger" in general terms. So Laxus is generally stronger, but he'd perform worse against a God.

I mean, if this were Dimaria vs Orga, then Orga would definetely win, mid difficulty at most (without age seal ofc).
You mean TO Orga? Bcs current gets slaughtered and TO might not even give him the ability to beat her. TO Sherria would've lost even with Slayer advantage if Wendy didn't amp Sherria's defense.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I know. That's the only source i know though so... :P
If you have a better source i'd be glad if you could tell me about it xD that would prevent me from saying nonsense :P
Well it's not that the wiki says nonsense, it's that it's open to anyone, so I could edit following my own ideas and then someone else would have his own ideas. The only reliable material we can find is either one of the three:

- Directly from the manga - If we see feats that prove that Dimaria would definetely beat Laxus, or Wendy saying: "wow, she's stronger than Laxus" or something along those lines.
- The author's words (during an interview, for example) - Hiro explicitly saying that Glidartz has been training and is now as strong as Laxus.
- Any material created by the author, such as databooks or magazines or something he personally writes (or a third person writes, with approval of the author).

You mean TO Orga? Bcs current gets slaughtered and TO might not even give him the ability to beat her. TO Sherria would've lost even with Slayer advantage if Wendy didn't amp Sherria's defense.
What third origin does is, pretty much, granting someone the power they'll attain in their prime. Orga is already in his prime, most likely (by age). Last time we saw him fight, he was the strongest member in ST, around as strong as GMG Jura. He "should've" (or should I say, "might've") improved during this year. Even if he hasn't, Orga should be around the same level of TO Shelia or slightly below.

But again, take it that Dimaria is an 8, Laxus is an 8 and Orga is a 6. Never mind, Orga has +3 points from his GS ability. He's a natural counter, he could revert the God Soul as much as TO Shelia did.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Well, I wouldn't be so sure. Shelia has shown she is a genius mage. She might fall short of natsu for instance but at least during the GMGs she was actually a match for jubia. In that regard shelia is a extremely competent mage even without factoring in her age. Factor her age and she is just ridiculous, she and wendy are significantly stronger than what natsu was at the start of the manga at least. That said, another factor to consider here is third origin. Shelia, as talented as she is, was granted all the power she was ever going to have. Considering her sheer talent, how much would that be? I would say quite a bit although a specific number is hard to place.

Anyways, consider again grey vs mard geer. Grey was able to basically one shot mard geer however natsu, who didn't have devil slayer magic, could not even hurt him even though in general their power is comparable. With this in mind shelia should have been able to obliterate dimaria by sneezing in her general direction. Which didn't happen, instead it took a few hits plus what seems to be shelia's strongest move. Dimaria being able to resist shelia at all could imply she is insanely resilient even by springan standards.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well it's not that the wiki says nonsense, it's that it's open to anyone, so I could edit following my own ideas and then someone else would have his own ideas. The only reliable material we can find is either one of the three:

- Directly from the manga - If we see feats that prove that Dimaria would definetely beat Laxus, or Wendy saying: "wow, she's stronger than Laxus" or something along those lines.
- The author's words (during an interview, for example) - Hiro explicitly saying that Glidartz has been training and is now as strong as Laxus.
- Any material created by the author, such as databooks or magazines or something he personally writes (or a third person writes, with approval of the author).

What third origin does is, pretty much, granting someone the power they'll attain in their prime. Orga is already in his prime, most likely (by age). Last time we saw him fight, he was the strongest member in ST, around as strong as GMG Jura. He "should've" (or should I say, "might've") improved during this year. Even if he hasn't, Orga should be around the same level of TO Shelia or slightly below.

But again, take it that Dimaria is an 8, Laxus is an 8 and Orga is a 6. Never mind, Orga has +3 points from his GS ability. He's a natural counter, he could revert the God Soul as much as TO Shelia did.
Orga is trash, he got rekt by Jura in one punch. TO Sherria >>>>>>> GOI >>>>> Jura >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Orga. If that's Orga's prime then he has no hope beating Dimaria.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Orga is trash, he got rekt by Jura in one punch. TO Sherria >>>>>>> GOI >>>>> Jura >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Orga. If that's Orga's prime then he has no hope beating Dimaria.
Lol no way. Orga may've been rekt by the 'second strongest human' at the time, but he was the strongest in ST.
TO Sherria is but Sherria in her prime. She doesn't have any particular powerup other than her being as strong as she was on her prime. She's probably below Erza lol. She only won because she had Urtear preventing Dimaria from using Age Seal + Wendy to enhance her defense + the DS factor, but other than that, she should be Jura level. In between Jura and Hyberion if you will, at most.
As for Orga, he should be on Jura tier currently, maybe below. But let's not forget, he's got the God Slaying factor.
His durability must be higher than Shelia's, I mean he's a tank. Look at him. He could probably put up as decent a fight as Chelia did.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I wouldn't be so sure. Shelia has shown she is a genius mage. She might fall short of natsu for instance but at least during the GMGs she was actually a match for jubia. In that regard shelia is a extremely competent mage even without factoring in her age. Factor her age and she is just ridiculous, she and wendy are significantly stronger than what natsu was at the start of the manga at least. That said, another factor to consider here is third origin. Shelia, as talented as she is, was granted all the power she was ever going to have. Considering her sheer talent, how much would that be? I would say quite a bit although a specific number is hard to place.

Anyways, consider again grey vs mard geer. Grey was able to basically one shot mard geer however natsu, who didn't have devil slayer magic, could not even hurt him even though in general their power is comparable. With this in mind shelia should have been able to obliterate dimaria by sneezing in her general direction. Which didn't happen, instead it took a few hits plus what seems to be shelia's strongest move. Dimaria being able to resist shelia at all could imply she is insanely resilient even by springan standards.
Exactly!!! Gray was noob Devil Slayer and he was able do major damage on Mard and made him go serious but with Sherria v Dimaria, Dimaria didn't even know God Slayer abilities exsisted so she was still not serious until she found out about it and she was going to win a max potential prodigy God Slayer if Sherria didn't have Wendy as support. Dimaria has one of the highest durability shown amongst the series and S12. I've yet to see an opponent get punch in the face by Dragon Slayer in DF and not even flinch. Even Laxus would flinch if Wendy straight punched him in the face at full force while in DF.
Lol no way. Orga may've been rekt by the 'second strongest human' at the time, but he was the strongest in ST.
TO Sherria is but Sherria in her prime. She doesn't have any particular powerup other than her being as strong as she was on her prime. She's probably below Erza lol. She only won because she had Urtear preventing Dimaria from using Age Seal + Wendy to enhance her defense + the DS factor, but other than that, she should be Jura level. In between Jura and Hyberion if you will, at most.
As for Orga, he should be on Jura tier currently, maybe below. But let's not forget, he's got the God Slaying factor.
His durability must be higher than Shelia's, I mean he's a tank. Look at him. He could probably put up as decent a fight as Chelia did.
Strongest one in Saber means nothing when that ain't even top 10 in FT. Sherria was definitely above those fodder gods seeing as they couldn't even scratch God Serena. TO Sherria would definitely hurt GS.

Orga is no tank he got one shotted by Jura and manhandled with his entire Sabertooth by one S12. Also Orga ain't even the strongest in Saber lol, that's Minerva and maybe current Sting. Orga gets one shotted by Base Dimaria, no need for God Soul. Where are these insane Orga feats even coming from? The guy was fodder to Jura who's fodder to the GOI who's fodder to the Spriggan 12.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
So she took fodder spells. She barely fought and was saved by Natsu multiple times in the Dorma Anim fight. And all the attacks you've shown are pretty fodder to Wendy individualy and accumulative wouldn't really on be par with current form who while half dead is on par with a pre-ts Laxus.
Stop comparing Wendy and Laxus is what I'm saying. The pain Laxus has taken far exceeded that of his current pain threshold. I'm not saying Laxus would die bcs of his Past pain, I'm saying he would die from his current and past accumulative damage he has taken.

Get through your head that Laxus "injuries" were mostly pain based. He didn't get shredded up like Erza in his fight he only took blunt damage which is mostly pain based. Age Scratch brings pack the pain and battle damage that was etched into your body. That means all the attacks you've taken are all coming back at once and you're experiencing that pain all over again. The pain you take from battle also adds fatigue too which again he was down after the two battles and that is what Age Scratch will make him feel again.

Did you even read the fight? Bcs it seems all you did was skimmed through it...those fist were God Slayed imbued. Those fists were literally were forcing her out of her God Soul.

Natsu saved her like one or twice? Those attacks weren't fodder attacks, those attacks were fucking up the main fighters in that fight so no it isn't 'fodder' stop trying to downplay to prove your point.

No, I'm comparing Wendy to Laxus because she's the only person who's taken the Age Scratch move. Laxus hasn't shown his threshold for pain, he's shown his maximum for stamina and durability.

GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD. BLUNT DAMAGE ISN'T PAIN BASED DAMAGE. If someone busts you over your head with a hammer and your BUSTS YOUR SKULL you didn't die because of PAIN you died because of the blunt damage to your head. Slashing and blunt damage are both incur pain your body there's no difference in this case. This is how I know you don't even know what Age Scratch because you stated it does battle damage no it doesn't, it simply brings back the pain NOT THE PHYSICAL INJURES, nor does Age Scratch induce fatigue.

That because she was getting beat up, there is literally no magic around Chelia when she's punching Dimaria.

THE ALMIGHTY CRYBABY

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Base Gray and Base Natsu in Tartaros-arc were indeed equal but when Gray had inherited ds-magic from Silver, his power also increased a lot, which was stated by Gajeel back then ( Base Gray with ds >> Base Natsu)!

Exactly!!! Gray was noob Devil Slayer and he was able do major damage on Mard and made him go serious but with Sherria v Dimaria, Dimaria didn't even know God Slayer abilities exsisted so she was still not serious until she found out about it and she was going to win a max potential prodigy God Slayer if Sherria didn't have Wendy as support. Dimaria has one of the highest durability shown amongst the series and S12. I've yet to see an opponent get punch in the face by Dragon Slayer in DF and not even flinch. Even Laxus would flinch if Wendy straight punched him in the face at full force while in DF.
I honestly doubt that. DF Wendy isn't even on wizard saint tier because she obviously couldn't defeat Bluenote who btw didn't improve a bit since Tenrou-arc. Basically, both of them are fodder characters because of the huge power ups! So is she no real indicator for durability but I agree with you that Dimaria has good endurance feats because Sherria needed to land some attacks until it was over. Laxus also has really good stamina feats so age scratch would damage him a lot but it wouln't defeat him ( Wendy was able to continue after that as well / Age scratch is not a finisher move)!

To be honest, I kinda have the feeling that the characters of the other guilds didn't improve a lot since Tartaros-arc! Noone impressed really me compared to the ft-members. TO Sherria was probably on the same level as current Erza ( maybe a bit above or less). In theory, TO Orga actually should be stronger than TO Sherria but that's just speculation, he could also be weaker if he possessed less potential than her xD.

To me;
attack-power: Laxus>Dimaria ( Just ill Laxus nuke was strong enough to seriously damage Ajeel who isn't that much weaker than Dimaria)
defense: Laxus ??? Dimaria ( here I cannot decide)
durability: Laxus>Dimaria ( Laxus took a lot of strong spells while being seriously ill.In that state every attack he tanked did much more damage to him than it should)
speed: Laxus>Dimaria ( Dimaria has fast spells like the laser beam but her moves are decent, Laxus moves faster)
versatility: Laxus>Dimaria ( Laxus has Fairy-law, lighting-magic and a red lightning spell while Dimaria has only takeover and restricted age-magic)
magic power: Laxus=Dimaria ( hard to tell which one is higher but the difference is only a little)
intelligence: Laxus=Dimaria ( both aren't stupid but no masterminds either but nearly all spriggans tend to underestimate their opponents at first due to their arrogance)

Mid-high diff win for Laxus!!!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Base Gray and Base Natsu in Tartaros-arc were indeed equal but when Gray had inherited ds-magic from Silver, his power also increased a lot, which was stated by Gajeel back then ( Base Gray with ds >> Base Natsu)!
I am not sure the implication is that grey grew stronger in the sense of more magical power. He did learn a new type of magic but that should be the extent of his boost. Gajeel did not said that either... He was just surprised at grey making such short work of tempest. However that makes sense because of his devil slayer magic. Even if grey did get an actual power boost from devil slayer, I doubt it would be such a significant amount.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
TO Sherria would definitely hurt GS.
I very strongly disagree here. TO Sherria wouldn't even push God Serena to his Dragon Slayer mode.

Also Orga ain't even the strongest in Saber lol, that's Minerva and maybe current Sting.
Sorry I can't find it now, but I recall Mashima stating something along the lines of Orga > Minerva > Dragon twins

Orga gets one shotted by Base Dimaria, no need for God Soul.
What has God Soul-less, age seal-less Dimaria shown? Pretty much nothing. How could you say that?

Where are these insane Orga feats even coming from? The guy was fodder to Jura who's fodder to the GOI who's fodder to the Spriggan 12.
The thing here seems to be that, although I consider Orga Jura tier (or slightly below), I consider the God Slaying factor a major trick for pulling off a win.

In my head, TO Chelia should be in between Jura and Hyberion (being generous, I'm saying she's one of the strongest mages in the continent); and yet she managed to defeat Dimaria just because she's a God Slayer, not out of sheer power.

If you consider TO Chelia vastly superior to Orga then I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree. I consider Orga inferior, but not by a vast margin.

Indira

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
I am not sure the implication is that grey grew stronger in the sense of more magical power. He did learn a new type of magic but that should be the extent of his boost. Gajeel did not said that either... He was just surprised at grey making such short work of tempest. However that makes sense because of his devil slayer magic. Even if grey did get an actual power boost from devil slayer, I doubt it would be such a significant amount.
Compare Gray's Gungnir in Tenrou in comparision to the one used against Marde, and look at the sheer size of them for example.

I'd say he did have a significant boost.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States

I honestly doubt that. DF Wendy isn't even on wizard saint tier because she obviously couldn't defeat Bluenote who btw didn't improve a bit since Tenrou-arc. Basically, both of them are fodder characters because of the huge power ups! So is she no real indicator for durability but I agree with you that Dimaria has good endurance feats because Sherria needed to land some attacks until it was over. Laxus also has really good stamina feats so age scratch would damage him a lot but it wouln't defeat him ( Wendy was able to continue after that as well / Age scratch is not a finisher move)!

To be honest, I kinda have the feeling that the characters of the other guilds didn't improve a lot since Tartaros-arc! Noone impressed really me compared to the ft-members. TO Sherria was probably on the same level as current Erza ( maybe a bit above or less). In theory, TO Orga actually should be stronger than TO Sherria but that's just speculation, he could also be weaker if he possessed less potential than her xD.

To me;
attack-power: Laxus>Dimaria ( Just ill Laxus nuke was strong enough to seriously damage Ajeel who isn't that much weaker than Dimaria)
defense: Laxus ??? Dimaria ( here I cannot decide)
durability: Laxus>Dimaria ( Laxus took a lot of strong spells while being seriously ill.In that state every attack he tanked did much more damage to him than it should)
speed: Laxus>Dimaria ( Dimaria has fast spells like the laser beam but her moves are decent, Laxus moves faster)
versatility: Laxus>Dimaria ( Laxus has Fairy-law, lighting-magic and a red lightning spell while Dimaria has only takeover and restricted age-magic)
magic power: Laxus=Dimaria ( hard to tell which one is higher but the difference is only a little)
intelligence: Laxus=Dimaria ( both aren't stupid but no masterminds either but nearly all spriggans tend to underestimate their opponents at first due to their arrogance)

Mid-high diff win for Laxus!!!
Wendy oneshotted a 9D tier opponent with low level spell while injure so she's on pre-ts Laxus tier while injured which is already top 5 WS lvl. She didn't even fight Bluenote in DF which is where her true strength lies.

Actually that's wrong as Sherria was 13-14 only when she learned her god slaying abilities while Orga at that age is unknown he probably was only as good as BoS characters.

And plz stop with if Wendy can do it Laxus can too mentality. What's next, Natsu can withstand all his accumulative damage he's has taken (which now includes August's blast) bcs Wendy did it?
I very strongly disagree here. TO Sherria wouldn't even push God Serena to his Dragon Slayer mode.

Sorry I can't find it now, but I recall Mashima stating something along the lines of Orga > Minerva > Dragon twins

What has God Soul-less, age seal-less Dimaria shown? Pretty much nothing. How could you say that?

The thing here seems to be that, although I consider Orga Jura tier (or slightly below), I consider the God Slaying factor a major trick for pulling off a win.

In my head, TO Chelia should be in between Jura and Hyberion (being generous, I'm saying she's one of the strongest mages in the continent); and yet she managed to defeat Dimaria just because she's a God Slayer, not out of sheer power.

If you consider TO Chelia vastly superior to Orga then I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree. I consider Orga inferior, but not by a vast margin.
Why not? He hasn't any feats to warrant he wouldn't get pushed back and damaged from her.

Mashima has never stated Orga was above the twins or Minerva. Orga and Rufus even acknowledges that Minerva's above them.

Kagura=Minerva, Base Dimaria >>>>>>>>> Kagura seeing as she easily pushed her back in their skirmish while she was casual. Plus DF Wendy >>>>>>> Kagura and Dimaria already can beat both Sky sisters w/o it.

Well that's in your head but feats puts her way above the fodder gods.

Natsu saved her like one or twice? Those attacks weren't fodder attacks, those attacks were fucking up the main fighters in that fight so no it isn't 'fodder' stop trying to downplay to prove your point.

No, I'm comparing Wendy to Laxus because she's the only person who's taken the Age Scratch move. Laxus hasn't shown his threshold for pain, he's shown his maximum for stamina and durability.

GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD. BLUNT DAMAGE ISN'T PAIN BASED DAMAGE. If someone busts you over your head with a hammer and your BUSTS YOUR SKULL you didn't die because of PAIN you died because of the blunt damage to your head. Slashing and blunt damage are both incur pain your body there's no difference in this case. This is how I know you don't even know what Age Scratch because you stated it does battle damage no it doesn't, it simply brings back the pain NOT THE PHYSICAL INJURES, nor does Age Scratch induce fatigue.

That because she was getting beat up, there is literally no magic around Chelia when she's punching Dimaria.
You're kidding right? Dorma Anima attacks are fodder even the Seven Kins fodder lieutenants were had stronger attack then that thing. They actually knocked out Gajeel lol. Dorma Anima is fodder the only downplay.

No you're trying yo give Laxus feats he doesn't have. He cannot take all of his damage and all his past damage at once. He has shown his threshold which is why KOed in bed again.

When damage that CAUSES ZERO DANG INJURIES then that damage is based off of the pain itself. Get punch in your face, what is the worst part after it? Oh it's the aching pain you get from the force of that punch. Damage and pain are pretty much the same thing.

You're fudging impossible at this point. Are you really trying you ignore the dang facts that are shown in your face or what? She was forcing her out of her Takeover with her God Slaying abilities. Read the panels bcs you would know, Sherria herself and the others literally state she using God Slaying abilities.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Compare Gray's Gungnir in Tenrou in comparision to the one used against Marde, and look at the sheer size of them for example.

I'd say he did have a significant boost.
Well, but you are comparing pre and post second origin grey there... i wouldn't attribute the difference to devil slayer magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.