Question - Do you think Guts will ever use his behelit? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Do you think Guts will ever use his behelit?

Aazholh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Flora said that the behelit would leave his hand no matter how hard he would try to keep it IF it was destined to find its new master. So, I'm thinking it's been with them this whole time, somewhere down the line it will definitely be used by someone. Maybe one of the current characters or someone not mentioned yet.

Also, I would like to add. SK's plan to attack Femto was doomed to fail from the very beginning. The IoE knew the beherits here destined to go into his stomach to forge the sword that would create the new world. Man, I'm on a roll today :)

Last edited:

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Flora said that the behelit would leave his hand no matter how hard he would try to keep it IF it was destined to find its new master. So, I'm thinking it's been with them this whole time, somewhere down the line it will definitely be used by someone. Maybe one of the current characters or someone not mentioned yet.

Also, I would like to add. SK's plan to attack Femto was doomed to fail from the very beginning. The IoE knew the beherits here destined to go into his stomach to forge the sword that would create the new world. Man, I'm on a roll today :)
hey...I totally agree...
:super

think about this...if my prediction that the Count's behelit is a special one...like god's hand special
maybe just maybe...if he would have sacrificed his daughter...he would have replaced one of the GH's members(except Void and Femto ofc)
becoming a new member of the GH.....idk

Aazholh

Reaction score
Country
United States
hey...I totally agree...
:super

think about this...if my prediction that the Count's behelit is a special one...like god's hand special
maybe just maybe...if he would have sacrificed his daughter...he would have replaced one of the GH's members(except Void and Femto ofc)
becoming a new member of the GH.....idk
You know what? Maybe you have something there. What if all the love that Puck is giving to Bechi somehow turns it into a good behelit? Maybe instead of the Godhand, it summons something else like a polytheistic creature... :)

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
idk bout that bro...i think the behelits are directly connected to GH...nao the question would be....

GOOD or EVIL....has yet to be answered....

i think puck is drawn to it because of its magic....like schierke was to gats brand....

but you have to admit...the count is the only apostle that gats found their behelit....besides skull knight eating them
plus,the count was about to be granted another wish by the GH...i would say this is a rare occurrance even if he was rich/powerful
to be allowed to gamble one's soul again....idk

i think the count was shown to refuse the gift/wish because hie behelit is very much relevent...maybe every 216yrs...not only one member is replaced but all are up for replacement.....

i also wonder...if griffith signals the end to this cycle since he is the one they have been waiting for?.........
their savior....messiah

:hmm

Aazholh

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I was just joking about that, but obviously it is a plot device. The proverbial gun on the wall. We've seen and it has been alluded to. Therefor it will be used by someone.

220kz

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
They reason for the Guts we know to use a Behelit
would be to protect an important person but since the
way a Behelit works he can't do that.
To the point of Bechi being only used to summon
the gods-hand and fight them without branding
anyone (which would condemn their souls to hell
erasing their consciousness) like it happenend when
the count was about to die doesn't seem likely
either cause if Guts was in a similar close death
situation he wouldn't be able to fight them anyway.

So to the hate/revenge driven Guts that the Berserker
Armor amplifies he would do it but would he be qualified
to make such a sacrifice (would it even be much of a
sacrifice for such a person?)

There is also the point that it might not even be
Guts Behelit.

Maybe he should use it as a weapon like Skull-Knight
BECHI-HANDCANNON-BALL!!!
Though that idea didn't work out so well for the Skeleton-Emperor‽

killy-.-

Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Grifith was sacrificing other ppl to accomplish his goals, while Guts is sacrificing himself to save and protect other ppl, if Guts is gonna use the behelith he will do it to do the same thing, save and protect his crew. We can see many links to the world's belief system, and Guts sacrificing himself and propably dying to save others is like Jesus2. Its gonna either bring the good GOD hand to battle the "evil one" or its gonna crash the system, reset etc.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Even if he uses the Behelit, so what ? He's gonna be an apostle, good, so what ? That doesn't make him suddenly able to kill Griffith, as God Hands are superior to Apostles

So far, I think this is the only manga where it seems impossible to beat the villain at all, power of feelings ? Doesn't exist here, surely Guts's determination allowed him to survive, but Apostles can be " killed ", unlike the God Hand who look " invincible " to be honest

I'm really curious to see how this will go really

220kz

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Even if he uses the Behelit, so what ? He's gonna be an apostle, good, so what ? That doesn't make him suddenly able to kill Griffith, as God Hands are superior to Apostles
We know from a member of the god hand that Guts might be able to join the godhand
though at the time he killed the Slug Appostle he wasn't yet necesserly ordealed.
And now in the new world of Fantasia he wouldn't even need a second rebirth like
Griffith to materialize.
Griffith isn't invunerable imo his greatest power we know of seems to be a shield that
Schirke noticed and that Magicians seem able to interfere with and thus he sent
a notable force to deal with her Mistress.
A big defense against Guts is the Brand which he'd lose if Guts turned into Demon.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
We know from a member of the god hand that Guts might be able to join the godhand
though at the time he killed the Slug Appostle he wasn't yet necesserly ordealed.
And now in the new world of Fantasia he wouldn't even need a second rebirth like
Griffith to materialize.
Griffith isn't invunerable imo his greatest power we know of seems to be a shield that
Schirke noticed and that Magicians seem able to interfere with and thus he sent
a notable force to deal with her Mistress.
A big defense against Guts is the Brand which he'd lose if Guts turned into Demon.

He doesn't have the crimson Behelit, hence he won't be a Godhand, understand ? That's why it's utterly useless for him to use the Behelit since it won't give him much power anyway compared to Griffith

To be a God hand, you need to be choosen, how do you prove you're the choosen one ? Crimson behelit

And we've seen the strongest Apostle so far being absolutely useless against Griffith, and yes, Ganishka was probably the most powerful one without a doubt

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I wonder what happens when a God hand dies, if that's even possible.Maybe his behelit becomes available. Besides if Guts can manage to kill a God hand then there's no need for him to use the behelit.
If anything I see Guts becoming something like the Skullknight, and even then his powers won't be enough to kill the God hand.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Well, if we assume that humanity started loooooooong ago (let's say thousands of years), then it's obvious that God Hand change (dying ?), not too sure about that since we don't know much about them yet. There's a chance that Void is that wise man who was mentioned by Charlotte and that freak of the nature Mozgus, so the current God Hand started with him, which implies there could have been other God Hand before him, as Mozgus mentioned " Angels " (don't recall if he said 4 or 5 Angels)

Also, just what is Skull Knight ? An apostle ? Obviously he isn't human anymore, judging from what he said to Guts when they talked about the Armor, so what made him " evolve " ? Some strong magic ? Or him being in the interstice for so long affected him to become sorta immortal ?

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Yeah I remember the part where Mozgus(or was is Charlotte) mentioned the wise man and the 4 or 5 angels. Also it speaks of Gaiseric, which is hinted to be Skullknight's real identity. Void is prolly the oldest of the God Hand, and the others came after, which implies that by the time Void became a God Hand, there were other members than the current ones. They seem invincible, but maybe there really is a way to defeat them.
About SK, I think he's some kind of magical creature. Puck mentions that he has a fairy smell or something like that. He looks like an apostle in a way, but the brand isn't triggered when he appears, so it must be something else. Oh and it is also said that the previous owner of the berserker armor got consumed by it and prolly died.When the berserker armor is introduced the first time, it has a helmet in the shape of a skull. So there is a high chance that the previous owner is SK aka Gaiseric because of the skull helmet.
My theory is that SK died , and then Flora or the Hanafubuku king used some really powerful magic to bring him back in the form that we all know.And even in that form he's not able to compete with the God Hand. So Guts needs something more than that to be able to kill the God Hand.

Last edited:

220kz

Reaction score
Country
Germany
We saw the Skull Knight use the behelits in a different
way maybe Elfheim's citizens know another way to use
them, giving Guts a new weapon...

God Hand change (dying ?)
As demons I see the seem to be eternal beings
even Zodd is living for centuries and shows no signs of stopping...

we've seen the strongest Apostle so far being absolutely useless against Griffith
I think it's the season of the witch, Griffith didn't let Skull Knights
important ally Flora be killed without a good reason and Schierke
being able to sense his shield/invisible cutting force is another hint
that if Guts gains even more powers - he is allready very close to Zodd
and with a strong enough witch to back him up he might pose
a threat to the Godshand someday...

goodyfresh

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Come on guys, its name is "Becchi," not "Behelit!" :-p

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Puck the apostle!

I guess that means Guts would have 2 brands? :derp

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Nah Puck should hate Guts, remember how many times he treated him badly in the past? I hope he ends up sacrificing Isidro instead because he loves him very much(i'm so evil) :teehee

Goldfinger

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I was reading this chapter last night (see below). Where the Skull Knight hints that Guts will only be able to "fight the war" or "save that person", that person being Caska. Perhaps if he chooses to fight the war he would have to use the behelit, sacrifice Caska, to fight Griffith. Or choose not to use the behelit, not fight Griffith, and save Caska. Thoughts?

http://www.mangareader.net/96-1138-202/berserk/chapter-18.html

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Basically that's the dilemma Guts is going to have, either save Caska(and we're not sure she can be 100% safe with the God Hand around) or save the rest of humanity+magical creatures from whatever Griffith is planning for them.I can see Guts being some kind of saviour but I have a feeling it would involve losing Caska and his current friends,either by sacrificing them or losing them to the apostles and the God Hand.