Question - Do you think Guts will ever use his behelit? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Do you think Guts will ever use his behelit?

IsidroXSchierke

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
For some time Guts, although pukk 'cares' for it, has had a behelit, if he ever does use it what will he become?

yeah i know pukk has a name for it, just forgot
It's name is BECHI
Guts have try using it to summon 5 gods hand, but he cannot use it, because when behelit come to human world, the owner have destined.
---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Gutts won't use the behelit or actually he cannot use it. Each behelit has its own unique owner whose connected to it by destiny. It doesn't matter if the owner loses it because it will return to him/her no matter what (e.g Griffith and the Count). If someone else finds the behelit and the owner is dead, it won't resonate and will remain dormant because it's unique to its owner only. Gutts has already tried to use it to call the 5 king demons and he asked the mansion witch ( I think her name was Flora) to help him but even she didn't know how to activate it.

Having that said, I tend to believe that Gutts will not continue being a human forever, he's cursed and his armour is cursed so most likely, he will turn into whatever the SK is but I believe this won't happen until the very end (wishing Miura and fans a long life!!).
Agreed with first paragraph, but In my perspective of view, Guts will never become Immortal (like SK), because SK is former branded that "swallowed" by Berserk Armor and lost his humanity.
Guts already can control Berserk Armor (assisted by Schierke). On Elfheim, Guts will learn how to control it's power. So he will become more powerful and berserk power will never harm him again.

220kz

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Guts have try using it to summon 5 gods hand, but he cannot use it, because when behelit come to human world, the owner have destined.
There are two rules to using one in its intended way
1. the need/want 2. a desire that has been utterly destroyed.

Even if the Behelit belongs to a future Guts who manages to remove
the brand and regains his humanity he wouldn't have been able to
us it since condition 2 wasn't met.

And in the end we don't know who it belongs to also about the destined owners...
... that's something that needs another perspective after seeing what SK did
with them meaning Betchi might be a weapon and isn't to be used in the
the classic sacrificing way.

Guts will never become Immortal (like SK), because SK is former branded that "swallowed" by Berserk Armor and lost his humanity.
Him being a former branded we don't know that for sure do we?
He might be an apostle who turned against the God Hand cause
if he had the brand he doesn't seem to have it any longer so
how has he lost it through using the Berserker Armor?

Maybe he was neither just a man who lost his Kingdom and
turned to magic to fight Void.
(Who might have been the wise man imprisoned in the Tower of Conviction.)

IsidroXSchierke

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
There are two rules to using one in its intended way
1. the need/want 2. a desire that has been utterly destroyed.

Even if the Behelit belongs to a future Guts who manages to remove
the brand and regains his humanity he wouldn't have been able to
us it since condition 2 wasn't met.

And in the end we don't know who it belongs to also about the destined owners...
... that's something that needs another perspective after seeing what SK did
with them meaning Betchi might be a weapon and isn't to be used in the
the classic sacrificing way.
This bechi is belong to The Count
so, indeed it cannot used for scarification way. I'm admit that still possible for Guts use bechi as a weapon.. or Puck use it as special weapon (after modified on Elfheim), make him stronger :D ..

Him being a former branded we don't know that for sure do we?
He might be an apostle who turned against the God Hand cause
if he had the brand he doesn't seem to have it any longer so
how has he lost it through using the Berserker Armor?

Maybe he was neither just a man who lost his Kingdom and
turned to magic to fight Void.
(Who might have been the wise man imprisoned in the Tower of Conviction.)
But we knew that SK is former Berserker, if he is former Apostle, I think he don't need Berserk Armor (I think he is former branded and one who give him brand is Void, because SK attack him at eclipse [speculation, but can be portrayed like that in my POV]). SK said, he and Flora have relationship like Guts and Schierke, based this I'm more confident that SK is former branded.

Last edited:

hassan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I think guts will use it at the very end branding Griffith as the sacrifice, considering they were very close. Seems like a far shot but it would be really be an interesting turn of events if this actually does happen.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
^^ how would he sacrifice a god hand though? They are the ones that put the brand so they wouldn't brand a fellow god hand (if that's even possible). If it was going to be possible, the sacrifice would have to be a human Griffith and if Griffith has been defeated and returns to being a normal human, then guts would have no need for power like that.

TheWanderer

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Guts would have to use it on his closest friends, so the idea of him using it on Griffith wouldn't work because the idea of the Behelt is to sacrifice that which matters to you in order to gain the power of godhand. That's what Griffith did, think about it, if he could gain power with the Behelth using any old sacrifice don't you think he would of spared his allies and killed the kingdoms which he wanted to replace.

At this point in the manga Griffith doesn't have the place in Guts heart to be used as a sacrifice because he holds more hatred than compassion for him. The ones whom would be sacrificed if it was used would be his current comrades. When they finally get to the elf island it will be a turning point for Guts and it's a pity it's taken this long to arrive at that point.

The behelt is something which would be used if Caska can't be saved, if she can'tdoesn't want to be saved then Guts will be faced with the pain of deciding if he wants to seek revenge or if he will stay by her side. His inner demon may take hold of him and convince him to use the Behelt and in the end it will come down to whether he will decide not to use it, or if he will use it but Puk and the others manage to stop him before he turns them all into sacrifices.

Bonefist

Reaction score
Country
Joker
First, we can ask "Can Guts use his behelit ?". He's marked, he's a prey. Can a prey use an artifact that allow him to become his own predator ? It's a special case and we don't know the answer.

I always thought that if Guts use his behelit, he will not do the same thing that Griffith did. He's a good guy, and cares about his friends. His friends and Casca, or his vengeance. He must choose. His bestial shape, his Berserker Armor, his big sword, it's already a big gear. He can face apostles with it.

But Griffith is becoming more like a god than a simple apostle. But it's hard to tell what will happen for the Grand Finale...
Sacrifice himself, for a more tragic impact, will be a great end, in my opinion.
They're bounded. Death will free them.

Last edited:

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Guts probably couldn't get rid of the behelit even if he wanted to at this point. Assuming Miura finishes Berserk before he inevitably croaks, I think the behelit will serve two purposes: (1) Provide Guts the means he needs to meet the Idea of Evil so he can flip his middle-finger to it, and (2) serve as a means to rid himself of his inner demon.

The main dilemma with Guts right now is balancing his desire for vengeance vs. his desire to move on with his life with Casca and the rest. Just as Guts risks letting his desire for vengeance consume him, he has also demonstrated the ability to forget vengeance, like that one time when he forgot to draw his sword after Griffith's resurrection. At some point he'll have to choose. That doesn't mean the Godhand will leave him alone, however. Griffith certainly won't leave him alone since Guts is now heading to the one place filled with loads of people who make Griffith nervous.

The climax with Guts' character will be at the tipping point where he risks becoming consumed by his inner demon. Thus, he uses the behelit to summon the Godhand. Right at the moment where Guts would choose to sacrifice his newfound comrades for power, he somehow opts to sacrifice his inner demon instead. The egg apostle proves apostles don't require someone to sacrifice. Instead, with the right set of circumstances, an apostle can sacrifice an aspect of themselves in order to acquire what they desire. In Guts case, he could sacrifice his inner demon to screw the Godhand. I am curious to see how much control the Godhand have over forging deals. Their purpose is to grant the desires of their summoner. Can they say no to someone like Guts, somebody who wishes for their death with every aspect of his being? Stay tuned 10+ years from now to find out!

NoOneInParticular

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This might be a bit of a cop out, but there's no guarantee that it even is his Behelit. The things travel far and wide to eventually meet up with their intended user, in fact both Griffith's and Ganishka's were given to them by someone else, so we already know that they can change hands in order to end up with their chosen person. Guts may well just be the vehicle to get it from point A to point B.

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
This might be a bit of a cop out, but there's no guarantee that it even is his Behelit. The things travel far and wide to eventually meet up with their intended user, in fact both Griffith's and Ganishka's were given to them by someone else, so we already know that they can change hands in order to end up with their chosen person. Guts may well just be the vehicle to get it from point A to point B.
Yep, maybe it's even Puck's since he calls it Becchy or whatever. There's a popular theory that it's actually Rickert's, but based on the last chapter I really doubt that. He rejected Griffith, so the chances of him becoming one of his apostles is pretty low imo.
The fact is Guts as someone who has been sacrificed isn't supposed to be part of destiny, and he wouldn't be able to use the behelit. If he did it would only open the vortex, and it would suck him in along with Caska. It's better not to mess with it. Behelits have other uses, for example the Sword of Resonance that belongs to the Skullknight is made of them, so maybe the behelit could be used in something else. It can already predict when the God hand are near, so maybe it could be used to access their dimension, although I doubt it will be Guts who activates it.

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
or even used to tame his armor...possibly:XD

Goliahide

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
First i want to apologize for my english. I saw there theory that SK is actually one of God hand but become some kind of opposition so what if there is some way to change beherit that Guts have into crimson beherit because early in the stroy we saw that Griffith beherit react when it was in Guts hand. So what if there is situation in future where Casca die and Guts will have crimson beherit or even normal is possible that it will break Guts and he will use beherit

Riker

Artist
Reaction score
Country
India
I think Guts just like the Slug Baron will be given a choice on to sacrifice or to not sacrifice. I think Guts just like the Slug Baron will refuse to sacrifice and this decision will cause the doom of the Godhand.

Goliahide

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
I think Guts just like the Slug Baron will be given a choice on to sacrifice or to not sacrifice. I think Guts just like the Slug Baron will refuse to sacrifice and this decision will cause the doom of the Godhand.
i think that guts use behelit only if it save Casca or give him enought power to kill Griffith without sacrificing Casca or to avenge Cascas death otherwise theres no chance he use it

Last edited:

Riker

Artist
Reaction score
Country
India
i think that guts use behelit only if it save Casca or give him enought power to kill Griffith without sacrificing Casca or to avenge Cascas death otherwise theres no chance he use it
I think Guts might have a change of heart at the last moment. :hmm

Goliahide

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
I think Guts might have a change of heart at the last moment. :hmm
then theres problem with new Griffith being technically guts and cascas son because that fetus eaten by egg of perfect world was guts and cascas baby from what i found out

Riker

Artist
Reaction score
Country
India
then theres problem with new Griffith being technically guts and cascas son because that fetus eaten by egg of perfect world was guts and cascas baby from what i found out
Hence why I think Guts will change his mind. He won't want to kill his son.

Goliahide

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Hence why I think Guts will change his mind. He won't want to kill his son.
i dont know its griffith we are talking about he killed band of hawk which was like family for guts then he raped casca and his servants took guts eye and arm i think i would kill for less

Riker

Artist
Reaction score
Country
India
i dont know its griffith we are talking about he killed band of hawk which was like family for guts then he raped casca and his servants took guts eye and arm i think i would kill for less
Valid points but at this point of time Guts has moved on just like Rickert and his only response to Griffith is apathy. This is because for Guts, the love for Casca is greater than the hatred for Griffith.

Goliahide

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Valid points but at this point of time Guts has moved on just like Rickert and his only response to Griffith is apathy. This is because for Guts, the love for Casca is greater than the hatred for Griffith.
i must confess that i dont have all information so i cant say i only have some information from fandom anime and some theories here