Shounen - Doupo Cangqiong (Battle Through the Heavens) by Tian Can Tu Dou & 任翔 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Doupo Cangqiong (Battle Through the Heavens) by Tian Can Tu Dou & 任翔

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Genre :Action Adventure Comedy Martial Arts Romance Shounen Supernatural

Plot: In a land where no magic is present. A land where the strong makes the rules and weak has to obey. A land filled with alluring treasures and beauty yet also filled with unforeseen danger. Xiao Yan, who has shown talents none had seen in decades, suddenly three years ago lost everything, his powers, his reputation, and his promise to his mother. What sorcery has caused him to lose all of his powers? And why has his fiancee suddenly shown up?

My take: very very good Wuxia manhua. The protagonist was some sort of genius once but lost it for some reason (made clear pretty early in the series) and is now training with a deadline to get uber strong again.
Art is great, best thing is its all colored like feng shen or Zang Long.
can be found here

Last edited by a moderator:

stark94

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: DOUPO CANGQIONG(Battle Through the Heaven) by 任翔 蚕土豆, 任翔 蚕土豆

I give this 8/10 very interesting and here you can read up to chapter 32 so far and get regular releases

Link

Son-Derling

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

really like this and Douluo Dalu/Soul Land
but anyone knows why both suddently pop up being scanlated really fast and there seems to be some competition between those 2 series?

dark123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland

BTTH is simply epic but soul land i don't know, it is plain and story is not so well done.
Battle Through the Heavens is one of the best manhuas :D Art is epic, story is epic, main hero is badass. It is simply epic xD It is so epic that i had to read all raws and i read them ongoing whenever new chapter appears.

Son-Derling

Reaction score
Country
Germany

epic!

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Read manga is on a spree on this title. I am sure we will reach the raws in a month or so.
The MC is bada$$

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas

I'm actually enjoying this, it definitely helps that there are so many releases. It doesn't take itself too seriously, you just get some humour and lots of action....and a world-spanning harem.

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

this manhua is dope. i heard the novel got 1200 chapters or something like that so the manhua still have a long way to go. Raws are on chapter 132 http://www.chuixue.com/manhua/3670/ with weekly releases i think so we gonna catch up soon :emocat

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm liking this one a lot too. Great blending of action, comedy, and art.

Plus has Xiao Yan developed quite the impressive harem. Gotta love that. The only question is who's the best girl?

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Medusa hand down then xun-er, thought i've been spoiled a bit on that subject. you're up to date with the translation jammin?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm up to date with the comic translation. Not sure about the novel.

And I second the vote for Medusa deserving the #1 spot. Third is a bit harder for me. I'm not sure who I'd give the #2 spot to. So I vote harem route.:hee

Last edited:

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Xun er definitely deserve the 2nd spot. she'd kill to protect xiao yan. Yun Yun for 3rd spot. Btw do you know a bit about Xun Er background or you didn't check the spoilers?
chapter 130 was hilarious, i laughed so hard on how he tricked the medicine clan

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I never look at spoilers when I can help it, so if there is some revelation for her that isn't in the translated manhua yet I don't know it.

As she is Xun Er is fine. I like her and all but she's been out of the plot so long that to me she's fallen back to breaking even with the poison girl and the super strong girl with silver hair(You may have noticed I'm finding chinese names hard to remember:p). The only time when Xun Er really stands out for me is when she's doing her Yandere thing and she hasn't done a lot of that recently. I'd put her over his ex-fiancee, the half snake girl, and the blonde auction house girl.

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
the girl with silver hair is Yun Yun. In term of strength she's 2nd right now in the harem, she's a 3 stars dou emperor. I believe Xun Er will outclass her later on( she's a genius among geniuses like Xiao Yan). Medusa is also a Dou Emperor but i believe she's close to Dou Ancestor. here goes the rank
Dou Zhi - Dou Disciple
Dou Zhe - Dou Practitioner
Dou Shi - Dou Master
Da Dou Shi - Dou Grand Master
Dou Ling - Dou Spirit
Dou Wang - Dou King
Dou Huang - Dou Emperor
Dou Zong - Dou Ancestor
Dou Zun - Dou Venerate
Ban Sheng - Dou Half Saint
Dou Sheng - Dou Saint
Dou Di - Dou God
im excited about Xiao Yan being so close to Dou Spirit, he's been gaining rank at an incredible speed. His master was Dou Venerate. The bastard from the Yun Lan sect was acting arrogant cuz he's the only Dou Ancestor there, can't wait for Xiao Yan to get there :^_^

dark123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
A bit of spoilers from Novel if you want to know :

This key opens chamber with Emperor Flame(God Flame) They need 8 keys from 8 ancient clans. Of Course we know who will get this flame. Also only dou saint in his peak can absorb God Flame.

If you wonder who will be Xiao Yan’s wife I tell you. It is going to be Medusa who will give birth to his child It will be his first child and it will be daughter. His second child will be with Xun Er and it will be son.

Xiao Xiao is the daughter of Xiao Yan and Medusa, she was a Dou Zong at birth, she was even better than her father at levelling up. When Xiao Yan became Dou Di, her Xiao Clan's Dou Di Blood activated and make her become a 6 stars Dou Saint.

Xiao Lin is the son of Xiao Yan and Xun Er, and he only appeared at the EoS. He posseses the Xiao Clan's Dou Di Blood and the Gu Clan's Dou Di Blood. And he levelling up fast, like his big-sis Xiao Xiao.

Xiao Clan used to be the eight clan. This clan was one of the 3 most powerful in the continent until a certain event drained them of their Dou Di blood.

Xiao Xuan:
One of the greatest ancestors of the Xiao Clan. He existed 1000 years ago and would have still be alive if not for Soul clan, the creator of Spirit Hall ambushed him making the entire clan go down to what is known today. When he was alive, he was at the peaked of the continent a 9stars peaked Dou Saint- one step a way from Dou DI, only 4 others could be compareable to him at the time. One of them was the leader of the ambush.

Xiao Yan is going to have 7 Flames,
Flames number: 1,3, 9, 11,14,15, 19
There are:
1 Emperor’s Flame (although if you go by OP’s guide line, it should be God’s Flame)
2 Ethereal Swallowing Flame
3 Purifying Lotus Demon Flame
4 Golden Emperor Sky Burning Flame
5 Flame of the Living Spirits
6 Eight Waste Destruction Flame
7 Nine Eerie Golden Ancestor Flame
8 Red Lotus Flame
9 Three Thousand “Star” Flames
10 Nine Eerie Wind Flame
11 chilling essence flame
12 Nine Thunder Dragon Flame
13 Spirit Turtle Earthly Flame
14 Falling Meteor Heart Flame
15 Heart of the Sea Flame
16 Flaming Cloud Water Flame
17 Volcanic Stone Flame
18 Anger of Wind and Thunder
19 lotus essence flame
20 Dragon Phoenix Flame
21 Six Way Reincarnation Flame
22 Ten Thousand Beast Flame
23 Xuan Yellow Flame
Xiao Yan’s master flame is number 11 and he was almost Dou Saint before he was betrayed by his student.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Loved how perfectly Xiao Yan trolled the rich guy in the last chapter too.

It was actually a really smart plan. The rich guy walked right into it but really thinking about it there was no way he could have seen it coming either. Easy money and a brilliant move.

Son-Derling

Reaction score
Country
Germany
so here we are....last chapter will soon come out.....until the new raw appears

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
A bit of spoilers from Novel if you want to know :

This key opens chamber with Emperor Flame(God Flame) They need 8 keys from 8 ancient clans. Of Course we know who will get this flame. Also only dou saint in his peak can absorb God Flame.

If you wonder who will be Xiao Yan’s wife I tell you. It is going to be Medusa who will give birth to his child It will be his first child and it will be daughter. His second child will be with Xun Er and it will be son.

Xiao Xiao is the daughter of Xiao Yan and Medusa, she was a Dou Zong at birth, she was even better than her father at levelling up. When Xiao Yan became Dou Di, her Xiao Clan's Dou Di Blood activated and make her become a 6 stars Dou Saint.

Xiao Lin is the son of Xiao Yan and Xun Er, and he only appeared at the EoS. He posseses the Xiao Clan's Dou Di Blood and the Gu Clan's Dou Di Blood. And he levelling up fast, like his big-sis Xiao Xiao.

Xiao Clan used to be the eight clan. This clan was one of the 3 most powerful in the continent until a certain event drained them of their Dou Di blood.

Xiao Xuan:
One of the greatest ancestors of the Xiao Clan. He existed 1000 years ago and would have still be alive if not for Soul clan, the creator of Spirit Hall ambushed him making the entire clan go down to what is known today. When he was alive, he was at the peaked of the continent a 9stars peaked Dou Saint- one step a way from Dou DI, only 4 others could be compareable to him at the time. One of them was the leader of the ambush.

Xiao Yan is going to have 7 Flames,
Flames number: 1,3, 9, 11,14,15, 19
There are:
1 Emperor’s Flame (although if you go by OP’s guide line, it should be God’s Flame)
2 Ethereal Swallowing Flame
3 Purifying Lotus Demon Flame
4 Golden Emperor Sky Burning Flame
5 Flame of the Living Spirits
6 Eight Waste Destruction Flame
7 Nine Eerie Golden Ancestor Flame
8 Red Lotus Flame
9 Three Thousand “Star” Flames
10 Nine Eerie Wind Flame
11 chilling essence flame
12 Nine Thunder Dragon Flame
13 Spirit Turtle Earthly Flame
14 Falling Meteor Heart Flame
15 Heart of the Sea Flame
16 Flaming Cloud Water Flame
17 Volcanic Stone Flame
18 Anger of Wind and Thunder
19 lotus essence flame
20 Dragon Phoenix Flame
21 Six Way Reincarnation Flame
22 Ten Thousand Beast Flame
23 Xuan Yellow Flame
Xiao Yan’s master flame is number 11 and he was almost Dou Saint before he was betrayed by his student.
nice, you read the whole novel?

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

Loved how perfectly Xiao Yan trolled the rich guy in the last chapter too.

It was actually a really smart plan. The rich guy walked right into it but really thinking about it there was no way he could have seen it coming either. Easy money and a brilliant move.
he shouldn't have revealed the plot lol

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

so here we are....last chapter will soon come out.....until the new raw appears
damn i got used to my daily dose of BTTH, tomorrow im gonna feel the addiction side effect :emocat

that been said looking forward to the pill battle, bet Xiao yan gon' surprise everyone again. the medicine clan leader's was so proud of his beast flame, dude doesn't know he's fighting an expert with flames :p

Last edited:

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
lmao look like the medicine clan leader gonna burn his pot