Games - Elden Ring | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Elden Ring

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yeah, I mean there is clearly stuff there to dig into right? I just soared right past it all without thinking about any of it to be honest.

Though I haven't played in a bit either. Found myself bouncing off Elden Ring to some degree recently, though I expect to get back to it. I had just gotten the two halves of the medallion thing and headed up the lift. Then had to drop it and haven't returned.
Yeah, there's more forward-facing lore bits that are less dependent on piecing things together.

Yeah somehow friends sucked me back into League, so haven't had as many hours to spend playing it either. Was fucking around outside of the Capital last time I played.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Nearly done with my first run of the game, only Radagon and Elden Beast to go. Really have loved my time with the game and have thoroughly enjoyed piecing things together. Seeing this first run has been a full Unga Bunga Strength build, I'm thinking I might go Dex/Arcane Katana cunno next time round 🤔

somehow friends sucked me back into League
You poor bastard 😭

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Is there any downside to doing the volcano manor questlines?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Is there any downside to doing the volcano manor questlines?
Not really, there's more downside to not doing it, like missing some items IIRC

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ah, cool, I was worried joining the manor might somehow affect my standing at the roundhouse table and result in a hub change or something of the sort. Have already slaughtered some innocent tarnished..

I've grown a bit bored with dual scimitars now but I don't have anything else that seems fun that also scales primarily with dex. I have gotten two great runes by now but at the same time it feels like I haven't found that much equipment in general. No katanas or double blades so far, really wanted that darth maul bling.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Ah, cool, I was worried joining the manor might somehow affect my standing at the roundhouse table and result in a hub change or something of the sort. Have already slaughtered some innocent tarnished..

I've grown a bit bored with dual scimitars now but I don't have anything else that seems fun that also scales primarily with dex. I have gotten two great runes by now but at the same time it feels like I haven't found that much equipment in general. No katanas or double blades so far, really wanted that darth maul bling.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't change much of anything and allows you to continue questlines with some other NPCs there.

Regarding the weeb weapons - There's a dual blade very early on in underground area near where you fight your first dragon.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I'm pretty sure it doesn't change much of anything and allows you to continue questlines with some other NPCs there.

Regarding the weeb weapons - There's a dual blade very early on in underground area near where you fight your first dragon.
Ah, good to know. Checking my inventory I already had at least one, the skin peeler (or something like that). It's weird design threw me off a bit here. I recently got eleonora's poleblade as well, I just need to upgrade it a tad more.

I made it to the capital but I am getting wrecked by stuff. Did I skip something? Order is always fuzzy in fromsoftware games but this seems almost too extreme.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Ah, good to know. Checking my inventory I already had at least one, the skin peeler (or something like that). It's weird design threw me off a bit here. I recently got eleonora's poleblade as well, I just need to upgrade it a tad more.

I made it to the capital but I am getting wrecked by stuff. Did I skip something? Order is always fuzzy in fromsoftware games but this seems almost too extreme.
How many Great Runes do you have? Should have 3 by that point I think. Otherwise you're probably just underleveled maybe.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
How many Great Runes do you have? Should have 3 by that point I think. Otherwise you're probably just underleveled maybe.
I have 2 right now, my previous major dungeon was renala's.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I have 2 right now, my previous major dungeon was renala's.
Ah, did you not go to Caelid yet? Seems like you skipped something else already

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ah, did you not go to Caelid yet? Seems like you skipped something else already
I've been to caelid but after completing the academy altus/lyndel felt like the more natural direction to head into. Altus is directly north of liurnia after all...

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I've been to caelid but after completing the academy altus/lyndel felt like the more natural direction to head into. Altus is directly north of liurnia after all...
Well, Caelid is directly East of Limgrave too though...

But I mean yeah, it's open world so there's few hard rules or anything. I went to Caelid before I did Academy stuff funnily enough, but realized by enemy strength that I was probably not doing it in the "intended" order and double-backed

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, Caelid is directly East of Limgrave too though...

But I mean yeah, it's open world so there's few hard rules or anything. I went to Caelid before I did Academy stuff funnily enough, but realized by enemy strength that I was probably not doing it in the "intended" order and double-backed
Yeah, but if you follow the grace it leads you the starting point towards stormhill, then liunia and then altus. I went to caelid due to randomly exploring well before altus but when getting back on track so to speak I thought I was supposed to altus and then lyndwell.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yeah, but if you follow the grace it leads you the starting point towards stormhill, then liunia and then altus. I went to caelid due to randomly exploring well before altus but when getting back on track so to speak I thought I was supposed to altus and then lyndwell.
Yeah, but to be pedantic - the grace directions also lead you to Stormveil and Margit ASAP, and it's obvious that the vast majority of players weren't intended to fight him ASAP at all either.

You're absolutely right about it seeming like the next obvious thing (and it kinda can be?), but depending on what questlines you've been on and what interactions you've had with NPCs, you're pointed in the direction of Caelid and what's going on there as the next "big" step in your playthrough a lot earlier than Leyndell. Also, if you used the Lift of Dectus to get to Altus, then you were deep enough into Caelid to acquire part of the key for it that you turned back before fully "exploring" it and encountering an opportunity for your third great rune.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Yeah, but to be pedantic - the grace directions also lead you to Stormveil and Margit ASAP, and it's obvious that the vast majority of players weren't intended to fight him ASAP at all either.

You're absolutely right about it seeming like the next obvious thing (and it kinda can be?), but depending on what questlines you've been on and what interactions you've had with NPCs, you're pointed in the direction of Caelid and what's going on there as the next "big" step in your playthrough a lot earlier than Leyndell. Also, if you used the Lift of Dectus to get to Altus, then you were deep enough into Caelid to acquire part of the key for it that you turned back before fully "exploring" it and encountering an opportunity for your third great rune.
Nah, I didn't use the dectus lift. I was following the sidequest until I met the woman that knew where the second half was (I don't even remember how I got the first) but then forgot where i am supposed to go to. I've been terrible at keeping track of npc quests in general, I need to take notes to keep track... I got to altus via the alternate route.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Nah, I didn't use the dectus lift. I was following the sidequest until I met the woman that knew where the second half was (I don't even remember how I got the first) but then forgot where i am supposed to go to. I've been terrible at keeping track of npc quests in general, I need to take notes to keep track... I got to altus via the alternate route.
So Makar then? I'm assuming that you didn't fight the boss after that?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So Makar then? I'm assuming that you didn't fight the boss after that?
Yeah, defeated the magma wyrm or whatever. Not sure of the boss after that? Was there a dragon when reaching altus? I have avoided dragons so far, those feel like level 100 stuff. I'll probably give them a go since I want to start using dragon incantations. I have the one right now but a single use of an incantation drains my FP immediately.

I finally feel like I made some progress in the game after spending some time just exploring. I got my eleonore poleblade to level 9, found more upgrade materials for summons... And over the past 2 days I defeated the golden godrick, the omen king at lyndell and radan. My level is in the 70s now. I am surprised by how trivial bosses have become with the polearm. Using it's ability I was able to poise break godrick and radan..

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yeah, defeated the magma wyrm or whatever. Not sure of the boss after that? Was there a dragon when reaching altus? I have avoided dragons so far, those feel like level 100 stuff. I'll probably give them a go since I want to start using dragon incantations. I have the one right now but a single use of an incantation drains my FP immediately.

I finally feel like I made some progress in the game after spending some time just exploring. I got my eleonore poleblade to level 9, found more upgrade materials for summons... And over the past 2 days I defeated the golden godrick, the omen king at lyndell and radan. My level is in the 70s now. I am surprised by how trivial bosses have become with the polearm. Using it's ability I was able to poise break godrick and radan..
There's a dragon encounter in Altus not long after defeating Makar, yeah. The overworld Dragons don't need to be avoided too long IMO, they flee anyway.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Joining the maidenless tarnished club here.
So its my second Souls game after Sekiro. I wasnt that hyped for this game like the rest of the known world, but as time went on my friends and internet in general persuaded me to try it out. Bought it the other day and im really impressed by it, not blown away yet since i only reached Stormveil Castle, but really impressed by the gameplay and how fun it can be.
  • So im 10 hours into the game, level 27 Hero class, had somewhat of a rough start but really came into my own later.
  • Got destroyed countless of times by that Sentinel horse bastard and gave up on him at first since i heard you dont need to fight him immediately
  • Leveled up my shit by exploring all of Limgrave bit by bit.
  • Still was a rough start since i was getting destroyed by the camp leader at the Stormgates.
  • Gone and done more of leveling up, went for a strength build
  • Went to explore the swamp only for a freaking dragon to drop directly on my head killing me instantly
  • Went for revenge actually defeating the dragon on my FIRST try while riding Torrent the entire fight like a boss
  • After i got all those nice runes i went for the ruins nearby since i got greedy and then got Fucked up by that chest trap portal. Somehow escaped the trap cave but lost my runes. Jesus, had to go for a grind to bring back the runes.
  • Explored more of Limgrave and started to get into my groove. Defeated the mini bosses one by one.
  • Yesterday after coming back home half drunk from a night out with my boys i destroyed the Sentinel on my FIRST try lol and then played for 5 more minutes only to fall asleep on my controller and to ride off a cliff to my death
  • Today i went to explore more around Stormveil Castle and got access to the Roundtable hub area. I powered up quite a bit there with my runes, new gear, weapon enhancements. Also leveled up my wolves with some flowers i picked the other day.
  • Went for Stormveil Castle, finally reached that Margit boss that my friends hyped to be super tough if not prepared, only to destroy the guy on my FIRST try. Albeit i do owe most of it to my wolves since they served as good distraction and they were actually kinda tanky after i powered them up. I think i would get wrecked if not for that. That was about an hour ago. Had to stop there.
So how i am doing at the moment? I might start to get way overconfident, but i like to think im doing good for now. I do expect the bosses to become harder and harder, and i like to think that Margit was this boss that showed new players to prepare and level up well before confronting any major boss. Luckily i had my friends advice to first explore all of Limgrave and then to go for the boss. They also said that i will get my shit rocked when i reach Melani, Mellany, Malaqia, Melanie, however you call her. The toughest boss in Elden Ring?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Few hours in the castle ...
and thus Godrick fell on the first try. Im seriously not making this shit up lol

Last edited: