Games - Elden Ring | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Elden Ring

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
welp, finally reached farum azula. i feel extremely underleveled though, most stuff kills me in 2 hits, maybe 3.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Activated the first great rune and concluded the first major part i guess, only took me 15 hours lol
And just when i got super hooked i will have to pause it for a week cuz work and life

But yeah if the rest of the game is as fun and gets only better further on. Ive been really missing out :tem

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Few hours in the castle ...
and thus Godrick fell on the first try. Im seriously not making this shit up lol
Don't worry, Godrick is pretty much a scrub. :lmao

Even I only died once against him.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Don't worry, Godrick is pretty much a scrub. :lmao

Even I only died once against him.
Oh, i thought he would be even stronger then Margit considering hes the final boss of Stotmveil :tem oh well
Looking forward to next weekend. I assume north of Limgrave is the next destination.

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Oh, i thought he would be even stronger then Margit considering hes the final boss of Stotmveil :tem oh well
Looking forward to next weekend. I assume north of Limgrave is the next destination.
That is indeed the intended route but you can explore Caelid (east of Limgrave) a bit as well. Caelid is in fact one of my favorite zones in the game (albeit I still haven't completed the game, I've been busy the past 2 months).

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
That is indeed the intended route but you can explore Caelid (east of Limgrave) a bit as well. Caelid is in fact one of my favorite zones in the game (albeit I still haven't completed the game, I've been busy the past 2 months).
Good to know. Ive been East but very very briefly thanks to that trap chest in the Limgrave swamp :tem it looked like hell/Mordor lol

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Margit vs Godrick difficulty-wise seems to depend on how experienced players are at FromSoft games as well as the type of playstyle they're using IMO. I think they're pretty even honestly.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
For me Godrick was more challenging mainly because i didnt use the wolves. I went mano-e-mano against him.
Margit on the other hand i used the wolves and they were super effective as distraction. It honestly surprised me how easy he went down because of it.
But i am pretty sure it would have been a completely different story without the summons. Im kinda bummed now i did not try Margit one-on-one, but ill definitely go for a summer replay once im done with my first playthrough.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, I made some extra progress in the game:

1.- Got to level 95-ish. I've invested heavily in arc by now. Dragon incantations deal absurd damage now.
2.- Defeated the godskin dup. Though I used a summon and a jolly cooperator. Rot breath helped a lot.
3.- Due to defeating the godskin duo I finally got most of my equipment to level 24.
4.- Defeated the erdtree avatar at the mountaintop of the giants. Rot breath made this trivial since it could hit the avatar clone as well..
5.- Defeated rykard. Though I mostly cheesed the fight. Used the mimic tear with the spear. Also started the second stage of the fight by applying scarlet rot (again) for free damage.

Now I am stuck at commander niall... As soon as I defeat the first summon I get immediately double teamed by his remaining summon and the commander. Even when I manage to run away my summons simply cannot seem to agro it or the summon. And this after running a few laps around the boss area just trying to dodge.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh, and just now I thought of cheesing this...

FFS.

Gonna try this later today.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

So what's the deal with boc's questline?

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
After a two weeks break, i finally got a weekend to play Elden Ring again and its been pretty fun but there is so much stuff to do and explore, its really time consuming.

After Stormveil i went back to thoroughly explore the rest of Limgrave and then went south to the Weeping Peninsula. Explored every bit there is, defeated every boss and finished Castle Morne quest. Back in East Limgrave i came upon Siofra River dungeon which is freaking beautiful but pretty hard. Saw on a forum that you need to be pretty strong for that dungeon so i left.

After that i finally went for Liurnia, and boy its a huge area, but i did it and explored everything there is to explore, except for Caria Manor which my friend said i should do after Raya Lucaria, and that southern part of Liurnia which is on a hill i cant seem to reach. Found another huge underground dungeon, Ainsel river which unlike Siofra i managed to explore (at least the part i was able to access) and defeated that rotten dragon boss on my second try.

Another dragon boss was waiting in the Ruin-Strewn Precipice. The magma he was spewing was tricky but i got him on my second try as well. After that i went back for the Glindstone key where i fought another dragon which i downed on my first try. Now after exploring more or less every part of Liurnia i was able to access, i stand before the gates of Raya Lucaria Academy. Gonna try beating it today. If not today then tomorrow. Im guessing Rennala is the next story boss?

Level 57, Hero, Strength build

Finished Raya Lucaria. Rennala was quite easy to beat. Took me twice because i was fooling around against her warrior outside the palace, so he gave me a beating. Because of that by the time i reached Rennala's second phase i used up my flasks and a lot of my health was gone. Second time was a stomp.

Went for Caria Manor and completed it. Ive also met Ranni, and after some back and forth with the Roundtable ive started her quest. At the moment im in Siofra River searching for Blaidd. I might stop here for this week.

Another weekend spent playing Elden Ring lol.
Because of Ranni's quest i had a good excuse to explore all of Caelid and fought Radahn, and boy what an epic boss fight. I almost downed him on my first try (with some hero summon help of course), i needed like three or four hits on him but got greedy and started rushing so i paid the price for it. Got him later on my 5th try. It shocked me to find out that he is an optional boss lol, since he is such a major face in the trailers, looked it up on the internet. And not only him but Malenia as well, damn. So if i didnt do Ranni's quest, i would not have fought Radahn and just went for the capital city? Or you can still fight him without doing the quest?

Either way im more or less doing as many side quests as possible so that i dont miss epic shit like Radahn, but its hard to keep track of them since there is no menu for it. While at the moment im doing Ranni's quest, i also started Diallos's quest, Fia's quest, Alexander's quest, Milicent's quest and other stuff i probably forgot. I think i completed Rogier's quest since he died on me leaving only a message (well his quest is kinda in combination with Ranni so i guess ill fully complete it when i finish my job with Ranni).

More or less i managed to beat all the side bosses i found (Limgrave, Weeping Peninsula, Liurnia and most of Caelid), except the ones in North Caelid, like damn, that place is brutal. The only thing i beat there was the dragon on the bridge and that White dragon stuck in the ground (easy money that one was + the golden claw buff came in clutch). Everything else pretty much stomped me, so i left and will come back with eventually after some grind.

Stopped at the Deeproot Depths searching for a ... blade i think ... for Ranni.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
So if i didnt do Ranni's quest, i would not have fought Radahn and just went for the capital city? Or you can still fight him without doing the quest?
You don't need to do the quest, you only need to use the Dectus Lift first iirc

All bosses are kinda optional since the requirement is only needing to have 2 Great Runes to enter the capital, and 3 to fight the last boss.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
This week i went for an Elden Ring marathon.

- Finished Ranni's quest, beat Astel on my 3rd try
- Finished Fia's quest, beat Fortisax on my 5th try
- Exlpored all of the Altus Plateau and the Capital City
- Explored all of Gelmir and finished the Volcano Manor quest
- Fought Rykard and beat him on my 9th try --> a gimmick fight but super epic. Thus far, Rykard and Radahn are my favorite bosses.
- Explored all of the Capital city
- Fought Margit again, or Morgot this time. Dude is trash, once again i stomped him on my 1st try lol, 1v1.
- Went for the mountaintops, explored everything i was able to explore.
- Fought the Fire Giant and defeated him on my 3rd try and with that finished Melina's quest
- Started Farum Azula only to get bodied by a dragon. Went back for more grinding and exploring (internet and friends advice).
- Explored almost every nook and cranny throughout the entire world map, finished all the quests i could find.
- Found a portal for the Lord of Blood and thus reached the "farmlands" my friends raved about.
- Fought Mohg the Lord of Blood and phew .... that bastard was F-ing brutal. Definitely the hardest boss i encountered in the game. It took me hours until i downed him and i was level 140 lol.
- Did more grinding after Mohg and progressed through Dung Eater quest.
- And finally ...... i reached the Haligtree (continuing Milicent's quest), which is where Malenia is waiting i reckon.

Level 153
97 hours of gameplay

Since i didnt want to stop just yet, right before i take another two week break, i went through the Haligtree, finished Milicent's quest and reached Malenia.

As for Malenia herself ...
.... every time i hear "I am Malenia, Blade of Miquella"

And then phase 2

After half an hour i only made it to phase 2 twice and then got steamrolled. I think this should be a good place to pause to take a break.

Thought id be too busy for a week or two, but i got two free days, which i obviously used for some Elden Ring lol.
After some hours i finally beat her ass.

Jesus she was a nightmare, definitely one of the toughest gaming bosses ive ever came across. She was waaay worse than Mohg.
On the other hand i think that without her lifesteal ability she wouldnt be THAT big of a problem. Her "instakill triple million slashes attack fuck you move" is super brutal but honestly isnt as bad as long as you know its coming. Still, all in all she was a nightmare.

I kept using Radahn swords for like hours (which are my main weapons for 1/3 of the game) , until i switched it up and that did the trick after a few attempts. MILOS's SWORD did it for me.

Now onto Farum Azula, and im guessing towards the end of the game :verily

Ive BEATEN THE GAME today:

• Cleared Farum Azula
  • Defeated Dragonlord Placidusax on my 1st try, surprisingly easy boss considering hes the lord of the dragons lol
  • Defeated Maliketh on my 7th try. Hes pretty weak healthwise, but his attacks are no joke, his 2nd phase is really hard, he moves way too much and hits like a train.
    Was surprised he was the crazy Sage from Caelid
  • Went through the ruined Capital City.
  • Wrecked Gideon's backstabbing bitch ass.
  • Fought Godfrey and defeated him on my 3rd try. Pretty cool boss imo.
  • Fought the final bosses Radagon and the Elden Beast, and defeated them on my 6th try.
  • So i went and summoned Ranni, which basically gave me a cutscene and ended the game, Age of the Stars ending, but there was still the option of touching Marika's body. I assume this would give me another ending right? I still had the Rune of the Prince of Death which i got from Fia. If i touched Marika i would have given her the Rune and got another ending right?
  • All in all this was such an EPIC game. Definitely worth spending as much time as i did. Im still a bit cofused with the Marika and Radagon plot and the ending i chose with Ranni, but thats Fromsoft for you. Ill watch explain videos later lol.
  • Im no Fromsoft gamer, far from it, but this game is definitely one of the greatest ive played.
  • Level 176, 110 hours, Strength build
  • Ill probably go for a different game now, some change of pace, but im definitely returning to the game for another build in Journey 2 :verily
Just a few pics from the Path, wish i could have taken more. Especially from all the epic bosses.

Yes i changed my gear so that i would look even cooler in the end cutscene :hip

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I find it funny that godfrey just shows up at the end to steal your thunder. HOW MANY GREAT RUNES DO YOU HAVE GODFREY!?

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I find it funny that godfrey just shows up at the end to steal your thunder. HOW MANY GREAT RUNES DO YOU HAVE GODFREY!?
True, i did think he just kinda showed up out of nowhere right before the final door and after everything was said and done. Probably was planning to take all the runes after you die and give you the middle finger lol. Quite the Elden Lord indeed.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
True, i did think he just kinda showed up out of nowhere right before the final door and after everything was said and done. Probably was planning to take all the runes after you die and give you the middle finger lol. Quite the Elden Lord indeed.
I can picture it already.

Godfrey: *defeats tarnished* Really? not even phase 2?
Tarnished: *pain noises*
Godfrey: Excuuuuse me, taking your runes now. Lets see what we got here.
Tarnished: *barely audible laugh*
Godfrey: *picks up frenzy flame, mending rune of the fell curse, morgott's great rune* The fuck?
Tarnished: *flips off godfrey, disappears*

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I still had the Rune of the Prince of Death which i got from Fia. If i touched Marika i would have given her the Rune and got another ending right?
Yeah, people refer to it as the Fia ending, I guess

All in all this was such an EPIC game. Definitely worth spending as much time as i did. Im still a bit cofused with the Marika and Radagon plot and the ending i chose with Ranni, but thats Fromsoft for you. Ill watch explain videos later lol.
Confusing as in what? I guess them being the same person?

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Confusing as in what? I guess them being the same person?
Yeah that, and the overall lore, what are they, why they did what they did etc and what the Elden Beast was.

Tbf a lot of confusion and misinformation i got is basically my own fault since i forgot to read item descriptions half the time lol and some early game dialogue became blurry after a while.
I did watch a lot of videos last night, about Marika and Radagon, about the Elden Beast, about Ranni, about the Empyreans, about all the demigods and the great runes, about the Elden Beast, about the Shadows and lots more. And about the Age of the Stars ending. And it truly opened up so much. There is sooooo much lore i missed or just didnt register.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I haven't played the entire game, but Radahn was epic.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Regions:
1. Liurnia of the Lakes
2. Limgrave + Weeping Peninsula
3. Mt Gelmir
4. Mountaintops of the Giants + Consecrated Snowfields
5. Caelid
6. Leyndell
7. Farum Azula
8. Altus Plateau
9. Haligtree
10. Underground Regions (all of them combined)

by no means does least favorite mean its bad, every region imo is greatness, and aside from some repetitive side stuff, which becomes kinda annoying with time, i think the overall level design of all the regions is incredible

Out of the main story bosses my favs would be:
1. Radahn
2. Rykard
3. Malenia
4. Godrick --> i developed a soft spot for this scrub, i cant really forget just how epic my first encounter with him was
5. Mohg
6. Radagon/Elden Beast
7. Maliketh
8. Margit/Morgott
9. Dragonlord Placidusax --> he is not a main boss, but i loved how epic the fight looked and was. The arena is like endgame boss level design
10. Godfrey
11. Renalla
12. Fire Giant
13. Red Wolf
14. Sir Gideon
15. Loretta
16. Godskin Duo

There are way too many side bosses so im not gonna rank them or anything, but i cant mention just a few: Fortissax, Astel, Ancestor Spirit, Leonne, Commander Niall ... there are many more i enjoyed, but these are the ones that come first to my mind

This is my current ranking i think, but everything might change after my second and third playthrough (yes im going for the platinum but not immediately, i did start a new game though)

Last edited: