Voting Round 2 - Erina Nakiri vs. Kouka (Gintama) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Erina Nakiri vs. Kouka (Gintama)

Who wins?

• Erina Nakiri

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • Kouka

Votes: 26 52.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Erina Nakiri
Shokugeki no Souma
-

Kouka
Gintama

Zirconium

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Introduction
»Lights off - Spots on. Draw the curtain and clear the stage for the young woman with the most sensitive sense of taste in the whole wide world, the inimitable God‘s Tongue of the Totsuki Academy. Bend your knee and pledge your fealty before the only true Ice Queen that ever existed in history: ERINA NAKIRI

Let's get ready to rumble!

Why did I choose Erina for the Waifu Wars? She doesn‘t have that much of a Waifu material, does she? Indeed. She is nothing but a snobby and spoilt little madam. Though, ever since the beginning when Erina got introduced, I already took a liking on her. Out of all the characters in this manga, she made the biggest development. To me she is -without a doubt- my most favorite character of SnS. Usually, in real life, I kinda have problems to get along well with such an arrogant and condescending person like her since I don’t really like it when people are looking down on you.

However, she is an exception and there are two crucial reasons why. The biggest one is because of her typical tsundere character. Her hot and cold attitude is always amusing to watch. No matter how superior she may act towards others, at a certain point of the story you figure out that she is actually doing all that because deep inside of her she can be a bit of a vunerable and sensitive girl sometimes. And to protect herself from getting harmed, she is putting up that front in order to hide this weakness of hers.

The other reason why I’m fond of her is because of her relationship to the protagonist of this manga, Souma Yukihira. You don’t need to like him for all I care and I‘m aware that their relationship is still that of friends because it had only progressed by little steps since the beginning. But all the small progresses that have been made so far make me all the more enthusiastic when I see the two of them together. Besides, out of all manga couples, I probably ship them the most since there is a lot of chemistry between those two love-birds. I love how he is teasing her all the time and it’s adorable to see how much she tries to keep her coolness when he does so. Furthermore, there is a saying that fits so perfectly to them: »Teasing is a sign of affection.«

I will not be able to campaign a lot in this event because of real life duties which is why I can't post that much this time. So I want to apologize in advance for the possible inactivity. However, I will give it my all in every one of my post to show you more about the appeal of Erina Nakiri. For that purpose I will use a similar structural campaign like I did in the Husbando Wars. Might be not so intelligent of me to copy-cat myself but I think that’s the best approach to introduce my nominee to you, especially to those people who might not have read SnS yet.

Ponytail Erina - Best Erina
Bun Erina - Best Erina
Kid Erina - Best Erina
rumpled hair Erina - Best Erina
Pinned-up hairstyle Erina - Best Erina
Chef‘s hat Erina - Best Erina

Please support Erina Nakiri! <3

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
look, if you vote for erina instead of kouka you're trash, that simple. :lambirb
Well, at least Erina can defend herself.

Kouka is dead

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
i dont see how the status of the character in the story is relevant, but anyhow, better dead than trash :lambirb
It doesn't, but they have a better defense if they're undead.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
God's Tongue..

I mean guys, if this (and Zirc's introduction of course) isn't enough to make you vote for her, then I don't know what might do that. :kappa

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
I know what could help me vote for Erina. Her being a better character than Kouka! :nod

Which she obviously isn't.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I nearly voted Erina(she is one of my favourites) but will wait for Erin's campaign.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Erina and Zircy get my vote. Sorry Erin, but this won me over too much haha.

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Erina is cute, attractive and all but Kouka is a proper woman. I really like the treatment of the powerful cast of females in Gintama.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Onegai support Kouka, she’s an awesome character and likely one of the greatest waifu around ♥

Sorry guys, was not home yesterday.
So I honestly know Erina, and from all female Sns characters i d like better Alice, Megumi , nene or Ridnou as waifu material, though i admit she get lately some kind of improvement (i still find the whole azami arc quite lackluster, i expected a lot more about her past, her family, and therefore more development, her whole background story ended up being underwhelming imo), Erina s still a character i m indiffeent too, due to her arrogance, her personality, yeah shes a good chef but i dont see her as a great waifu, thats just my 2 cents about her.

so pasting what i told earlier about waifu qualities :)

So simply being in love with someone isnt enough to make someone a great waifu so 1st thing is to define what are the qualities that makes a great waifu, to me there’s the personality (i d rather a slightly spiced person (not in wrong way) than a bland char thats for me what makes characters like Olivier in Fma for so great instance) being emotionnaly strong (being a strong/badass fighter Yato clan is great optional quality). being a caring ( but not in the overwhelming way) being at least family centred especially with children, being concerned in creating a peaceful place for the ones she loves, and also being protective. Being funny is a top option too,.

Of course Kouka is all this and even more ♥

So kouka is not a a main not even a secondary character that appears only in flashback sequences. She’s Kagura and Kamui’s mother and Umibozu’s wife. She is as you can see a gorgeous woman, with red hair ♥

She’s an awesome fighter like all red-haired yeah she’s from Uzumaki Yato clan after all

She was a very lonely person (she’s been living by her own in a quite creepy planet before meeting her lover) she appears cold but shes a lot caring, most of good waifu characters are being portrayed as too kind , too perfect (Megumi from sns is the perfect exemple), but Kouka is not the kind to be a submissive or too nice nor bland character, shes a stubborn and charismatic person with a deep personnality. Her relation with her husband is described as such : “the strongest man in the universe becomes the weakest at home
But kouka cloves and care deeply her family to the point of risking her own life just to stay by their side. she'is a complex/deep character, and a strong personnality woman, with a tragic story, her lover and her children were her happiest moments she was ready to sacrifice everything just for those moments.

Short videos summary (to watch on yt
)

Part 1 Meeting

Last edited:

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
What do you mean by proper woman here? Are you referring to age? Demeanor?
This.

Erina is a noble woman in her series, Culinary royalty in fact.

uberfayt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
My vote goes to Erin... :whistle

Status
Not open for further replies.