Voting Round 2 - Erina Nakiri vs. Kouka (Gintama) | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Erina Nakiri vs. Kouka (Gintama)

Who wins?

• Erina Nakiri

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • Kouka

Votes: 26 52.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirconium

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
1. Who is Erina Nakiri?
1.1 Teaser to Frozen 2

Warning: The following content contains major spoilers about the plot of „Frozen 2“. If you still want to continue reading, then you’re doing it at your own risk!

For a better atmosphere and to pump you up I would heavily recommend you to listen to the song below while reading the post. Get your tissues ready because this backstory is not for the faint hearted. This will make you cry the saltiest tears ever... T_T

Note: I will not be responsible if you oversalt your food with your tears.

Elsa who? She is just a fake! Come around and let‘s listen to the story of the only true Ice Queen...
Once upon a time in the land without magic, in the country of the rising sun there was a young lady named Erina Nakiri who ruled over a famous school, the Totsuki Academy. Although she wore the title of the „Ice Queen“, she was a fair and compassionate ruler loved by her folk. However, it wasn‘t always like that. In the past she used to be cold as ice just like her epiphet suggests.
She was born into the renowned Nakiri Family, a family known for its high reputation in the gastronomic world. From an early age on she already possessed the ability to tell exactly what kind of ingredients a dish contained and if it was delicious or not.
Thus, her skill got used for the food sector later on. During that time she served as a taste tester and helped people improving their dishes by critiquing them. However, back then, she lacked in motivation and fun for cooking because of all the draining duties that she has to fulfill as a member of the Nakiri Family.
But things changed when she met Jōichirō Saiba, Souma’s father whose cooking style left such an impression on her that she finally found the incentive to cook.
Some time after Jōichirō left, her father, Azami Nakiri, gave her a harsh treatment by forcing his daugther to compare foods. She had to undergo a cruel training in which she needed to discover errors in each dish, all so just to throw away the low-grade dish. This questionable education made her start to fear her dad and shaped her into the conceited character she is today. For this behaviour Azami got exiled. Erina’s grandpa tried to repair the damage done to her. Unfortunately, not everything could be undone. Will the Ice Queen ever find happiness? Who will be able to melt her ice cold heart?
Source: Wikia

To be continued...

The moral of the story? If someone like Azami sings along to this song, then this is truly...sad

Starring Erina Nakiri

Coming soon

Frozen 2

PS: Oh my gosh! Oh, no! For real? How could I not have noticed this? Yep, she is 15/16 years old! What an incontrovertible argument! Seems like she broke the rules! Naughty Erina! What an unpredecented scandal! I’m utterly shocked! I apologize for all the damage she caused to all of you! Her invaluable God’s Tongue should be punished with an oversalted gourmet dish for being underage!!! :arf

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Erina isn't half-bad and I like Zirconium's campaign, but Kouka already proved that she's a great waifu, sorry :biblethump My vote goes to Kouka...

Zirconium

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Oh love this creativity @Zirconium im jealous im lacking this kind of genius and writting skills, i saw in this War edition, that many of you have
this song fits so well. :zomg
Thank you for those kind words, Erin! I really appreciate it. :blush

And please don‘t make that face. Truth be told is that I usually have doubts about myself when I write those things. For example, I wasn‘t sure yesterday if I should really post something like that because I thought that I would get negative reactions from it. If you believe it or not but I may be more insecure than you sometimes. xD

Plus, I think you’re underestimating yourselves too much. To be honest, I was afraid last week when I realized that I would either face you or Farf in the second round since I didn‘t want to meet either of you two so early in this event. Both of you are dangerous, especially you because you‘re always so passionate about all the things you like and fight for.
So although I‘m busy irl, I knew that I needed to do much more than posting once or twice when I want to have a chance against you. This just shows that I see you as a strong opponent.
So please don‘t ever think again that you need writing skills or so to win over the people‘s hearts. You have your own strengths and you should be proud of them. ; )

This was my last post in this round. I still have a few more ideas and things that I wanted to say about Erina to be honest but I think that‘s all I can do for now.
If Erina loses, then so be it. I wouldn‘t mind to lose against you. You would deserve it to proceed to the next round and you can count on my support for sure, if I can spare some time.

To cheer you a little bit up, I kindly asked Erina if she could prepare some caffè latte for you. Let’s have a coffee break together. Enjoy it while it‘s still hot. I hope you will feel better after drinking it. :nod

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Awww how sweet of zirc.

Btw I'm voting for kouka simply because I see her as more waifu material than erina ( and I'm usually not fond of tsundere but not going to lie erina is a good one )

And kouka story is just ....:emocat

Just noticed that erina is actually around my age and already being nominated as a waifu, oof.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Seriously. Does she look underage? Does Rindou?
I doubt girls that age actually have such bodies. Seriously.

Those aren't real people. They are fictional. This "age" topic is dumb. Seriously.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Thank you for those kind words, Erin! I really appreciate it. :blush

And please don‘t make that face. Truth be told is that I usually have doubts about myself when I write those things. For example, I wasn‘t sure yesterday if I should really post something like that because I thought that I would get negative reactions from it. If you believe it or not but I may be more insecure than you sometimes. xD

Plus, I think you’re underestimating yourselves too much. To be honest, I was afraid last week when I realized that I would either face you or Farf in the second round since I didn‘t want to meet either of you two so early in this event. Both of you are dangerous, especially you because you‘re always so passionate about all the things you like and fight for.
So although I‘m busy irl, I knew that I needed to do much more than posting once or twice when I want to have a chance against you. This just shows that I see you as a strong opponent.
So please don‘t ever think again that you need writing skills or so to win over the people‘s hearts. You have your own strengths and you should be proud of them. ; )

This was my last post in this round. I still have a few more ideas and things that I wanted to say about Erina to be honest but I think that‘s all I can do for now.
If Erina loses, then so be it. I wouldn‘t mind to lose against you. You would deserve it to proceed to the next round and you can count on my support for sure, if I can spare some time.

To cheer you a little bit up, I kindly asked Erina if she could prepare some caffè latte for you. Let’s have a coffee break together. Enjoy it while it‘s still hot. I hope you will feel better after drinking it. :nod

@Zirconium thats such a sweet message ♥

Theres no need for you to have doubt, you write wonderfully well, i ve been aware of this long ago, in TPN and Op threads mainly. Also please when you come up with such ideas, dont hesitate, post them !
its awesome, the song fits incredibly well the post, you really did well, and you're a great and convincing writer, same for Farf-chan in the previous match, she was impressive with a basically unknown char.

I ve always been like this regarding writings (except for translations but its different), even with my academic assignements when i was at uni :errr, and even with my Master's dissertation:facepalm everything i have to write ends up being shorter and probably less deeper and s sophisticated than i would love too, even if i ve always managed to make it and even got good marks, i think i could have done better if i was good at writing. i usually tend to think a lot and have hard times putting it in words, especially when its from scratch. Also you might have realized it already, theres a lot of typos and sometimes missing words and stuff in my posts, i suspect i might have acquired some kind of dysgraphia ("dystypia" more precisely :teehee) or maybe its due to me being prone to migraines. It doesnt appear when im handwritting though my handwritting is terrible, but its appears a lot when im typing. thats why i have to check and edit my posts a lot which is such a pain sometimes.
My campaigns are relying mainly on pics and gifs
I m still trying to post some meaningful and relevant ones as much as i can though but i think they lack something.

Thanks very much for this nice message, your campaign is great, you really showed Erina on her best light, even people like me who was indifferent to her, now i am seing her differently. im fine whether i win or i lose, i dont play for winning, and i love when my opponents are giving their best ♥ so keep doing it like this on next round and on next events ! wish you all the best if you win this round. :zomg

thxs a lot for the latte ♥

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
is that latte from rokuhoudou?

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score