Voting Round 2 - Erina Nakiri vs. Kouka (Gintama) | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Erina Nakiri vs. Kouka (Gintama)

Who wins?

• Erina Nakiri

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • Kouka

Votes: 26 52.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirconium

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Let me spam as well by sprinkling a little bit...Erina love in this thread.

17 perspectives - 17 diverse varities - 17 different sides
This is my (not so well-made) heart-shaped collage of Erina‘s complex personality and her delightful charms.

*Clears my throat*
That isn’t everything, though. I also have an important announcement to make. Prepare yourselves for the premiere of the teaser to Erina‘s first (and last) movie coming out tomorrow!
Uh-huh, you heard it right. Don‘t miss out on it! :zomg

Selene

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
voted for erina, as she is my favorite sns character.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Zircy your campaign is great. I'm not a fan of Erina really, but you've made me appreciate her a bit more :D

But I have to be honest here when I say I absolutely LOVED Kouka as a character. She chose to love even knowing it would ultimately kill her. If you guys haven't read or watched the story of Kouka and her husband then I'd highly recommend it, even though you most likely got the gist from Erin's posts. You don't even have to be a fan of Gintama. Their story can stand alone in my opinion. She's beautiful, strong, loving, and most of all she wanted to live, not just survive. She wanted a home and a family with the man she loved, and she got it. And she did it so well in fact that......

When she was dying her young son Kamui loved her so much he wanted to take her back to her planet where he knew she would survive, even if she had to be away from them. And after she died he blamed his father for taking her from there in the first place, and being gone from home a lot, even though his father was actually looking for a cure to help her. He practically made his father an enemy for life. That's how much she was loved.

So yes my vote goes to Kouka.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Zircy your campaign is great. I'm not a fan of Erina really, but you've made me appreciate her a bit more :D

But I have to be honest here when I say I absolutely LOVED Kouka as a character. She chose to love even knowing it would ultimately kill her. If you guys haven't read or watched the story of Kouka and her husband then I'd highly recommend it, even though you most likely got the gist from Erin's posts. You don't even have to be a fan of Gintama. Their story can stand alone in my opinion. She's beautiful, strong, loving, and most of all she wanted to live, not just survive. She wanted a home and a family with the man she loved, and she got it. And she did it so well in fact that......

When she was dying her young son Kamui loved her so much he wanted to take her back to her planet where he knew she would survive, even if she had to be away from them. And after she died he blamed his father for taking her from there in the first place, and being gone from home a lot, even though his father was actually looking for a cure to help her. He practically made his father an enemy for life. That's how much she was loved.

So yes my vote goes to Kouka.

@Belserion, thxs so so much for this lovely tribute ♥ :zomg

Some additional arts :)

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Erina is a good character and developed a lot since the start of the manga, but she's still too young, she's a waifu in training while Kouka-san is a beautiful and mature waifu :hi

My vote goes to Kouka.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Voting Erina, she has always been my favorite character and Season 3 of SNS just ended, cementing her as one of the best characters of the show easily.

Also this is revenge for Erin not voting Hancock :bnah

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Don't worry Erin if that's the way Sprig wants to play this, I haven't voted in his category yet and now my vote has Riza written all over it :catshrug

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
What do you mean by proper woman here? Are you referring to age? Demeanor?
Both, actually.

Kouka is the force that kept her family together. A sweet motherly wife whom you will trust and live a long life with (unless her health condition applies here and I hope it doesn't lol). With her passing, that family was torn apart, showing the gap her existence was filling despite being bedridden.

There is one counter argument to be made though, that Kouka was somewhat irresponsible, having chosen fleeting happiness knowing full well of her illness and the harm it may bring to her future children, that she bought her short-lived freedom/wish at the risk of her kids' future. But that doesn't bother me at all because there is no such thing as a perfect human (or Yato for the matter!), and no one can read the future. Some of the most "selfless" actions can be presented as "selfish"; some of the most "selfish" actions can be seen as romantic.

Kouka's love for her husband, her wish, and hope (to find a cure and live a longer life for her family's sake. If not, then for them to overcome her death) outweighed those risks. Life is filled with risks that are worth taking, because risk and hope are two sides of the same coin.

In short, I liked Kouka quite a lot, as a person, and as a character.

As for Erina, I haven't followed SnS properly to give any final judgements but sexualized cute characters are generally not my kind of thing, and her age is a dealbreaker.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Kouka gets my vote :^_^

Though, I gotta say, love both the campaigns here :hearts

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Oh, voted Kouka as well. What Bel said, I like Zirc's way of portraiting Irina (like Lambu portraiting Kouko) but in the end I think Kouka seems to be way more appealing than Irina, at least for my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.