Other - Facebook VS. Twitter: Which One Do you Like Best ? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Other Facebook VS. Twitter: Which One Do you Like Best ?

Which do you prefer?

• Facebook

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Twitter

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I don't use either one

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

DLord.Van.Buuren

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
This thread is obvious as the title says, which one of these social platforms do you use and why ? Personally I like twitter best because It covers all I need and it works for me concerning what I'm doing and its easy to use.

What about you ?

Last edited:

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Facebook. I've never even thought about using Twitter- I don't particulary like it, don't use it, don't particulary want to either. Facebook works for me because I like uploading photos of my travels and catching up with old schoolmates- I've never really found the idea of Twitter interesting, to be honest. ^^;

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd say FB as well, although I've never really used Twitter. ^^; I like it for similar reasons as Muffins and I find it's a great way to reconnect with people and keep up with what's happening in their lives. Getting lazy and losing touch with people is so incredibly easy, even if you think you have the best intentions to make the effort to stay connected. :darn

But yeah, the stalkery aspect of FB isn't that great and I do think some people get to be a little too dependent on FB/social networking site at times. Yesterday, just after I downloaded an update to the FB app on my phone, the program kept crashing (great "update", huh? >.>). So, I took a look at the reviews to see if anyone else was having this problem and they were. One of the reviews said something to this effect: "The program keeps crashing! How am I going to stay connected to the outside world now?! :(" I had to lol at that. Of course, it may have just been a joke, but I worry that people really think this way sometimes. :XD

DLord.Van.Buuren

Reaction score
Country
Japan
It's not a surprise that everybody is using facebook, but the problem is that a lot of people do and it became sort of being used for unhealthy reasons and as you said IGTG it should only a way to catch up with real friends, the one that are actually friends with you not every one that likes you.

Twitter on the other hand is used a lot by social media dudes and its hard to communicate through.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
well Fb takes up my allocated time for such websites...you know social sites...so didnt bother to go to twitter to see what it offers...
some time i though of deactivating my account...getting another one to compare is preposterous option for me :)

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Depends. Twitter is less annoying in but the character limit is annoying.

Facebook is better, but there are too many attention whores and Facebook is shitty with privacy. On Facebook one has more potential to reveal info which can be bad whereas on Twitter, one would have to be an idiot to tweet info.

Kill the attention whores and Facebook would be superior. With the attention whores, it's hard to tell.

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I prefer Facebook over trwitter. I do have a twitter account, but I don't post that much on , simply because there is not much interesting stuff I think I could share. Others might not how these worries, apparently, thus one can often find 'going to the bathroom', 'taking a shower'. 'towel myself' tweets ;s

Last edited:

DLord.Van.Buuren

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Depends. Twitter is less annoying in but the character limit is annoying.
140 characters sucks, but then again thats why its called microblogging.

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States
I use twitter and enjoy the simple interface. I hate reading long and most of the time boring posts on MH depending the topic I just skip the walls of text. The 140 characters is nice because I spend less time reading, people have to get their point across quick and hopefully efficiently. I already visit too many websites everyday and getting a profile on FB would just be a burden, I have nothing against the site though.

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
never used twitter always facebook.Is twitter worth it btw?

jonsan633

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
both are good. But I like Facebook most.

steelwingcrash1

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I only have very few friends who use Twitter, so I do not bother creating one. Facebook lets me chat with my friends, see latest pictures, and many more. Although I have no basis in comparing Facebook and Twitter (since I do not even have Twitter), I still choose Facebook. ^_^

Well, what would you choose: Facebook or Friendster? LOL

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
Reaction score
Country
Japan
twitter reminds me of something i dislike the most, so i go with fb

steelwingcrash1

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
In the country, the use of Twitter seems pretty... controversial. Many things happen because of Twitter. I think Facebook is a whole lot better.

Kind of makes me remember the good ol' Friendster days.

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
Reaction score
Country
Japan
FB sure is popular,twitter so so.Formspring is kinda popular as well now.

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I like the integrated-ness of Facebook in that I can upload photos and videos and have people comment on them and see them all in one place, and people can tag me as well. In addition, there are events (which makes event planning easier too) and birthday reminders :XD

Twitter is fun too and it's good for receiving news updates. At one point in time (in the middle of my exams when boredom was at its peak) I was active on both. Now I've practically abandoned my Twitter but am still active on Facebook. Where I am, Facebook is a lot more popular and everyone has it, which is a plus in that I can actually connect with most of my friends through it. On the other hand, few of my IRL friends have Twitter.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I actually heavily dislike both. I find the idea of making every aspect of my life public appalling and pointless. I guess you could say twitter is the one I dislike the most. I mean, not only you are making every aspect of your like public but you are basically doing it live through a number of one liner comments on the spot. I mean, WTH? I don't wanna know when people are taking a freaking leak in a public bathroom, having a smoothie, their feelings at random points in time and I certainly do not want people to know that stuff about me. I actually do have facebook although it was because I hardly had a choice. People in my age group started using it for everything and that includes inviting people to parties and whatnot. When I had nothing to do because I did not get facebook invitations to events such as parties and whatnot for over a month I realized I had no choice whatsoever in the matter. Either become a shut-in or get a freaking account. I still rarely write at all and only have 2 pictures in it(I kinda was forced to add the second one lol). Anyways, I miss the good old days when invitations were actually sent to people and you made phone calls to talk with people. Heck, I sound so old with that last comment even though I am 22 lol.

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I was always fine with both but currently the fact how people put statuses on FB is freaking retarded...something like "oh oh i just took a shit" or something like that..

DLord.Van.Buuren

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Well, I guess its been taken to the extreme, too much of a good thing can become a pain in the ass however, a lot of businesses are gaining brand awarness just by using these two devices.

But I find it kinda funny how people used facebook to plan a coup d'etat :XD

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I wonder, would it actually be considered retro to send physical invitations (as in paper) to events? Or would it be considered snobbish? Or maybe it would still be seen as normal and we are not quite there where physical invitations be considered retro or snobbish?