Other - Facebook VS. Twitter: Which One Do you Like Best ? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Other Facebook VS. Twitter: Which One Do you Like Best ?

Which do you prefer?

• Facebook

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Twitter

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I don't use either one

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I fear the first time I will be invited through a marriage by E-mail.
Honnestly the paper has still something the computer can not replace. I love receiving post-cards and I still take pleasure writing real new years card

As for the subject, I have not updated my status of facebook in ages. I guess the fact that you are friend with people who are not really your friend bothered me. I stay in contact with friends through mail and phone which I find more practical and intimate. I just have twitter to follows the manga release update and Boulet because his posts are funny. I don't use it personally because my life does not deserve to be known from the world. I've started a blog so, but that is just because I'm currently abroad and it was practical to share photos and comments them
LOL, that suuuccckkkk! If I actually got an email invitation to a wedding I'd actually be offended. I would literally think "WTF?! I was not ever worth actual paper?"

I don't honestly enjoy letters, heck I don't even feel it adds much in itself to the whole thing but invitations are something which for the sake of formality should remain physical. Another thing that would such is to miss a wedding because I was not a member of whatever social network kids this days use (I missed so many parties for not having a facebook as it is). I still do think twitter is worthless though. Twitting(my spellchecker did not catch that word for fucks sake) seems like an invitation to be stalked. Facebook is too....

yukilove21

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
... Facebook. I don't like Twitter that much. I have an account, but I don't use it much. I read @Lord Voldemort7 a lot. Bloody funny.

I am on Facebook a lot more, however.

I choose Tumblr. Tumblr pwns all. Just sayin'. (*cough* My Tumblr *cough*

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
If I had to choose, it would be Facebook. You are so much limited on Twitter; well, we can use something else to tweet more than 160 characters, but it's too long compared to Facebook. Plus, you can do so much more on Facebook. Twitter is not designed for long and many replies, in my opinion, on the contrary of Facebook.

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Twitter is not designed for long and many replies, in my opinion, on the contrary of Facebook.
This is why I don't think it's easy to choose "FB is better than Twitter".

It all depends on what you want to do with your social media. Do you want to post pictures and make long wall posts, join groups etc, then facebook is the better alternative. If you want to micro-blog, post quotes or funny sentences, get "closer" to your idols to see what they're doing right now, then Twitter is the better alternative.

They both have great traits.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
This is why I don't think it's easy to choose "FB is better than Twitter".

It all depends on what you want to do with your social media. Do you want to post pictures and make long wall posts, join groups etc, then facebook is the better alternative. If you want to micro-blog, post quotes or funny sentences, get "closer" to your idols to see what they're doing right now, then Twitter is the better alternative.

They both have great traits.
That is true. Each person has their different taste of how to interact in online world. But because I'm quite the talkative type, chatting through Twitter could be annoying because of the characters limit. That's why I prefer FB. :)

In other terms, advertising my forum, for example. Twitter would be the easiest and fastest one to choose. :)

So, as you said, it all depends on each person's target on using the social network.

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't use either of them that much, but if I had to choose, I pefer twitter more.

Zeltrax

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Not really.
I find facebook easier for advertising, with the amount of mutual friends and such, getting a piece
of information across is easier and then they'll spread to their friends too.
I also wanted to say that facebook doesn't really help your social life imo.
But people say that "if you don't have a facebook account, you're pretty much dead and forgotten" :s

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Unfortunately, that's totally true. In like half of what my friends get up to outside of school, I'm totally lost, and left out most of the time.

Of course, the pressure is forcing me to get one, but I'll delay it at least until high school is over.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
But people say that "if you don't have a facebook account, you're pretty much dead and forgotten" :s
I can understand this. I felt it too when I graduated from high school. I felt like suddenly I lost connections with my friends. Making an FB account back then helped me to keep in touch with them, which I do until now. But I agree that you can't really use FB to expand your social life and network. I think forums like MH are the best place to meet more people, make new friends, and learn new things. Forums give more chance to interact rather than in FB or Twitter.

Then again, FB is most probably the easiest for long-distance communication, aside phones or text messages. :)

Joefish

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I also use neither of them. I just don't like this whole cyber friendship thing.
But unfortunately it is as most of you said. If you're not in you're out, and forgotten.
I sound like I'm already a old man but I remember when I met my friends without even calling them.
I just drove/walked to our meeting place where we always were.
But nowadays every 10 year old kid needs a cellphone and being on fb/twitter/.. is essential for their survival.
At least that's how I observe this. And I do not like it.
It's good if you wanna keep in touch with your friends overseas (or just too far away)
because there are some difficulties to drop by.
I still have a dream...
that all these social network sites collapse and people notice you don't have to tell everybody everything about yourself.
that people remember writing letters can express parts of your soul that no email ever could.
That people realize friendships/relationships cannot be abandoned by just pressing a button.
But these virtues seem to be already forgotten and vanished in oblivion of our technologized society..
Nonetheless, I believe in our people. I prey on their conscience. And that even those who don't see shall guided into stone age again...

:P
Everything got its pro and cons. If you wanna use it, go ahead.
I'll never understand this ^^
Btw I really exaggerted with all this 'I believe in our people' stuff.
I thought it might be funny.
Moreover, I apologize if my grammar and way of writing are a nuisance to you (regarding errors or whatsoever).
But as I said in my opening post, I'm also here to enhance my English skills so please bear with me :)
and I should really stop writing such long posts and go OT like hell... sry ^^'

Last edited:

aeyu

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
well, twitter is so flurried i thought. wordless and so difficult to understand.

tonyyao82

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like using both. Though honestly right now, I like Twitter more because of Twitter Search and how I can find people talking about certain manga series & reach out to them. I also have made several connections through Twitter as well.

Facebook is a whole other story since I have to compete with other people's News Feeds. I am contemplating on whether to use the Ads to get more people to my Fan Page.

Ush

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well now if I could pick anything, it'd actually be Google + :P Although many people still don't know about it and it's still invite only... I'm hoping people will make the transition over, I love it.

rudorofu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Don't quite understand the purpose of Twitter...even to this day. The functionality of Facebook and the features of it outweighs those of its competition, in my opinion.