Second Round - Fairy Tail vs. Edens Zero | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Second Round Fairy Tail vs. Edens Zero

Who wins?

• Fairy Tail

• Edens Zero

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
EZ is so boring :bored

At least Fairy Tail was enjoyable to read for the most part. The characters were less similar to their Rave counterparts than EZ's clones of Fairy Tail.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Except that ultimately FT turned into a garbage however good it might be before,EZ still not and is good.So EZ deserves this win.
Opinion and not really garbage. Yes the final arc was bad, but judging a whole series on a final arc shouldn't be that. In that case series like Naruto, Bleach, etc. are garbage then. It got good moments than bad. Still a enjoyable experience.

EZ no doubt be better, but just saying.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Opinion and not really garbage. Yes the final arc was bad, but judging a whole series on a final arc shouldn't be that. In that case series like Naruto, Bleach, etc. are garbage then. It got good moments than bad. Still a enjoyable experience.

EZ no doubt be better, but just saying.
Let's say a candidate gave an exam in a paper having 2 sections each of 50 marks.He gets 50 out of 50 in the first section but scores only 10 in the second section.So should the examiner give him 100 out of 100 based on what he did in previous section or give him 60 out of 100 based on his overall performance?

Same with FT,it's overall performance dipped seriously because of the last arc,trust me i loved FT until the Tenrou,Tartaros but last part was devastating.

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Let's say a candidate gave an exam in a paper having 2 sections each of 50 marks.He gets 50 out of 50 in the first section but scores only 10 in the second section.So should the examiner give him 100 out of 100 based on what he did in previous section or give him 60 out of 100 based on his overall performance?

Same with FT,it's overall performance dipped seriously because of the last arc,trust me i loved FT until the Tenrou,Tartaros but last part was devastating.
I don’t know about that example. Even if FT is a 2 part exam, EZ doesn’t even have first part yet.... It’s just at a quiz stage. No? I mean, I use to give short quizzes that students would ace. The same students would turn around and bomb a real test because the longer, more expanded exam covered material way more in-depth then the quick, snapshot multiple choice questions from the quiz. Their overall grade counted more from the longer exams. EZ would be more of the short assessment at the beginning of the semester. While FT would be more of a final exam. Mashima simply did better on the quiz and worse on the test.

FT gets lots of hate for quick fights and conveniently wrapped solutions for problems while EZ gets a pass on the same issues becaue it’s “new.” EZ already has more fanservice in its first 15 chapters than FT had in its first 15 chapters. There hasn’t even been a notable obstacle or villain the mains have faced in EZ yet.

And Natsu got a lot of criticism for stealing other characters spotlight. Or just fighting and winning too much. Shiki so far is the only one to get named battles. Shiki stole Rebecca’s fight against the pervert brothers While by chapter 15 Gray (Eisenwall) and Lucy (Daybreak) both had their own fights that lacked the pink haired MC. Plus Erza had her iconic introduction fight against Eisenwall.

Shiki also was introduced in chapter 1 way more OP then Natsu or Haru was.

Characters constantly fought Natsu on everything he did - Gray kept a close eye on him even at the beginning (see Galuna); Makarov stepping on him, Erza bullying him, even Lucy had to reel him in, etc..... While Shiki is already having characters give him free stuff (Elcy), stalk him (Lavilla), make decisions for them (Pino and Rebecca), and bowing to him (E4). Already he shows way more signs of being a Mary Sue then Natsu did at the beginning.

So really there’s a potential there for EZ to be even worse then fairy tail.

Mashima is better at shorter stories. Someone should have nominated Monster Hunter Orage at this rate becsuse it’s introduction is perfect.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
I don’t know about that example. Even if FT is a 2 part exam. EZ doesn’t even have first part yet.... It’s just at a quiz stage. No? I mean, I use to give short quizzes that students would ace. The same students would turn around and bomb a real test because the longer, more expanded exam covered material way more in-depth then the quick, snapshot multiple choice questions from the quiz. Their overall grade counted more from the longer exams. EZ would be more of the short assessment at the beginning of the semester. While FT would be more of a final exam. Mashima simply did better on the quiz and worse on the test. FT gets lots of hate for quick fights and conveniently wrapped solutions for problems while EZ gets a pass on the same issues becaue it’s “new.” EZ already has more fanservice in its first 15 chapters than FT had in its first 15 chapters. There hasn’t even been a notable obstacle or villain the mains have faced in EZ yet.

And Natsu got a lot of criticism for stealing other characters spotlight. Or just fighting and winning too much. Shiki so far is the only one to get named battles. Shiki stole Rebecca’s fight against the pervert brothers While by chapter 15 Gray (Eisenwall) and Lucy (Daybreak) both had their own fights that lacked the pink haired MC. Plus Erza had her iconic introduction fight against Eisenwall.

Shiki also was introduced in chapter 1 way more OP then Natsu or Haru was.

Characters constantly fought Natsu on everything he did - Gray kept a close eye on him even at the beginning (see Galuna); Makarov stepping on him, Erza bullying him, even Lucy had to reel him in, etc..... While Shiki is already having characters give him free stuff (Elcy), stalk him (Lavilla), make decisions for them (Pino and Rebecca), and bowing to him (E4). Already he shows way more signs of being a Mary Sue then Natsu did at the beginning.

So really there’s a potential there for EZ to be even worse then fairy tail.

Mashima is better at shorter stories. Someone should have nominated Monster Hunter Orage at this rate becsuse it’s introduction is perfect.
Nope i mean FT is the exam,first section was good but second section oh boy.

Now as you said EZ has every potential to turn worse no doubt but until it actually turns bad i can't comment,sure the points you mentioned are right but let's see EZ has less fan service compared to Ft(new series so), Rebecca didn't turn into a damsel in distress yet and Yeah Shiki is turning into power house true but we already got the hint there are are stronger characters.

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
FT gets lots of hate for quick fights and conveniently wrapped solutions for problems while EZ gets a pass on the same issues becaue it’s “new.” EZ already has more fanservice in its first 15 chapters than FT had in its first 15 chapters. There hasn’t even been a notable obstacle or villain the mains have faced in EZ yet.
People were right EZ have achieved more than FT in first 15 chapters

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yup. Made up my mind. I despise mindless hate bandwagons, or meme hate. Fairy Tail was with me for years and while it wasn't the pinnacle of writing, it didn't need to be. FT lasted too long yes, and so did Bleach and Naruto. All 3 of these manga had lacklustre final arcs, but all three of them are also considered some of the decade's best Shounen series. Fairy Tail has a much richer cast. More likeable characters and more meaningful character relationships/stories. Here I see a lot of people looking at Eden's Zero through rosey coloured glasses because it's new. All the while this series is shaping up to be a train wreck that doesn't last as long as Fairy Tail due to it becoming unbearable way too early on.

Never thought I'd ever say this but...

Vote Fairy Tail!

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
I was going to spend next hour thinking " Was Farf referring to me " :grumble

But then I spotted " People that I like " and it's clear that she wasn't :teach

:emobirb
I'll leave that as a mystery :awe

Jokes aside, my reason for picking EZ was in my first post here. You can find merit in both series for different reasons, but I'd hate for this competition to be like when FMA won again (yes, Magu, I'll bitch forever about it). Won't support the smartasses that pick series that milk themselves so the nominators have the luxury to sit on their arses and do nothing while the series advance '-' Meanwhile, others spend hours writing things in the effort to make their nominees advance. That's my perspective as the badge maker: at the end of the competition, I don't wanna have more work to create the badge than the one that won had to achieve it '_' (yes, still hate you Magu, and fu Sky).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.