Life - Fashion Thread, What Do you Wear? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Life Fashion Thread, What Do you Wear?

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I can wear almost anything. And when people see me in jeans and a shirt, they say it's unusual and out of character for me. So yeah, you get the picture, i hope.

EvilGenious

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I usually wear dark colors, especially in the summer. My loves are boot cut jeans, Converse or skater shoes, dark hoodies, black shirts, a studded belt, and some sort of sweatband (decorated with safety pins) on my arm. I guess I have what people call an alternative style. My favorite item ,of course, are... my rainbow shoestrings!

nat

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bermuda
The classic answer would be whatever I can find clean. But I don't let that stop me.
In the summer I like to wear hippy stuff like strange (long) skirts with many colors and so on, I used to go to university in beach clothes, I studied somewhere near the sea. No brands, anything strange I can find.

Now I go for normal jeans and different shirts of all colors ( a bit more elegant than before). My favourite clothes color is black, because it is very serious and somber.

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I tend to only wear Jack and Jones / Adam / Adam Underwear Ben Sherman or Rusty Neal.
I love those brands, yes okay they are not that cheap but i love the design and the it's damn comfortable!

I tend to wear white adam tshirt with black stripes, white adam underwear.. underwear and a jack & jones jeans (Branco JO5 505) I have three pairs of those jeans. They own!

I wub them

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
i think this thread needs pictures..and not pictures of the clothes..but you wearing them!!

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Oh... with clothes on... ;(...

Punky fish

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland

This is some stuff that i like and how i pretty much dress up, pretty much everything are diffrent brands. Like the jeans are Acne & Nudie.
Although it all good... i like to wear nice stuff! Mostly Jeans and sneakers with something nice on top!
Oh my god. When I saw those shoes and jeans, I first thought, "That must be someone from Sweden..." and then you were from sweden!

genkizen

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
My fashion has...evolved(?) in the past couple years, which is also the time I went from being a poor college kid to being in the professional workforce. I used to just where jeans (occasionally with holes in them), t-shirts, chucks and zip up hoodie. The brands would really be anything cheap that looked decent and also graphic tees that referenced things I am partial too, like the power star from super mario.

Recently though I seem to get more stuff from Express, even got a coat from Armani Exchange, more polo shirts, nicer pants, dark colored jeans, button down shirts, and track jackets ( some of this I obviously get cuz of work appropriate dress code), and wear pumas (speed cats). I guess it's more clothes to wear when I go out to clubs and lounges with my friends now. Although I still do get the graphic tees referencing childhood memories (Like Doug, remember that cartoon?) and I still wear chucks.

When I become a poor grad student in September my style will probably evolve again...

Tesan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I would say my fashion is a little bit like Demi Lovatos or Selena gomez, Clothes that looks like thoose from Forever21.com
But because I don't live in the US I buy clothes in the same style :)
But you know, the most important I believe are the Shoes and Necklaces.
Shows has to be atleast a bit of a heel and cute :D
And the Necklaces has to look very cute, preferbely white or black to you can mix it with whatever I wear :D
Here are some example of how i like my Fashion;
http://www.forever21.com/product.as..._name=top_casual&product_id=2066048784&Page=1
http://www.forever21.com/product.as...r=&footwr_price=&product_id=2065354893&Page=1

rudorofu

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Wouldn't classify myself to one particular style because there's a bunch of cute ones out there :P But the type of stores I buy from and clothes I wear have definitely evolved over the last year from American Eagle to Hollister to Aritzia. Whenever I buy new clothes, I seem to have a habit of never wearing my old ones anymore or rarely which bothers my parents and sister :x My favourite pieces would be from the brand Talula.

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I don't stick to any one particular style either. I get my clothes from all types of stores and don't really have a large majority from any one place. I really like to wear dresses and that makes up a large part of my wardrobe. I like to wear patterned tights with shorts or skirts too. I like things that are flowy and sometimes overly feminine, but I also own some men's clothes too. :p I really don't like wearing jeans because I think they're uncomfortable. I only wear them on days I have lab since long clothing is required.

I have a strong distaste for Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Aeropostale. I hate the shopping experience in those stores. I think it's really unimpressive when someone has a million shirts that say "Hollister Co" or "Abercrombie" and call it fashion. The vibe those types of stores send of to me is just being superficial and lacking individuality.

I think clothes are a good way of expressing yourself. Needless to say I own a lot of Harry Potter-related clothing. :p

Although I looked at that link and Aritzia store and think it's great taste. Their stuff is really cool.

faintsmile1992

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I'm not interested in brands, its so pointless. I don't take much interest in fashion actually, I wear whats available unless I need or want to project some image. Most of my clothes are from Sainsbury's lol.

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Aw shit can't say my style has changed that much over the last two years. Or well, now I usually wear tank top / cardigan with a medium trashed jeans. I like the casual feel it gives off while still be stylish and comfortable. Nowadays I still wear Jack n Jones jeans, don't really use brand tank tops (as it's retarded) unless we're talking about somewear because they make the best and most fucking amazing tank tops in the world :p And the types of cardigan I have differ from really thin striped ones to white knitted ones.

In other words: I look fantastic :cheez

rudorofu

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't stick to any one particular style either. I get my clothes from all types of stores and don't really have a large majority from any one place. I really like to wear dresses and that makes up a large part of my wardrobe. I like to wear patterned tights with shorts or skirts too. I like things that are flowy and sometimes overly feminine, but I also own some men's clothes too. :p I really don't like wearing jeans because I think they're uncomfortable. I only wear them on days I have lab since long clothing is required.

I have a strong distaste for Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Aeropostale. I hate the shopping experience in those stores. I think it's really unimpressive when someone has a million shirts that say "Hollister Co" or "Abercrombie" and call it fashion. The vibe those types of stores send of to me is just being superficial and lacking individuality.

I think clothes are a good way of expressing yourself. Needless to say I own a lot of Harry Potter-related clothing. :p

Although I looked at that link and Aritzia store and think it's great taste. Their stuff is really cool.
Haha, yeah. The branding name everywhere on their clothing does get irritating from time-to-time so I try to stay away from the ones that have in it super large letters and just go for the ones that don't have the brand name on it. As for Aritzia, they're clothing is really nice and quality made, but that obviously comes at a higher price :\ It beats going to Abercrombie & Fitch though where their prices are completely unreasonable.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I've grown up, my fashion sense has matured from the hip hop baggy trousers, trainers and hoodies look to jeans or trousers, shirts, polos and jumpers. I have regular stores I go to; H&M, Topman, River Island, etc...but I've started doing a lot of my shopping online at ASOS and other stores that have web shopping. I'm still into my urban look; I love t-shirts with graphics on there...particularly cartoonish stuff, and love Chukka boots, Timberlands, Vans and that kinda look with Khaki trousers and plaid shirts.

faintsmile1992

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I admit I'd like one of those military coats, they look cool but they're too expensive IMO.

Enola

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Talk about your favorite clothing lines, styles, Fashion trends, Fashion do's and dont's, anything relating fashion, whatever!
I noticed that it's an old topic but fashion is such an interesting thing to discuss! Especially among the anime fans :^_^ So I can't stand from bumping this topic :rolleyes:

In my case, I can't say that I follow the genral fashion, I mean that new trends are rather often not so interesting for me...:rolleyes: I prefer to keep my personal style and combine for him different types of clothes and accessories :cool:
I'm a great fan of jeans and denim jackets like here http://stylemann.com/best-mens-denim-jacket/ , also I like to wear shirt/T-shirts with different cool prints :^_^ And I adore the clothes from leather, especially pants and jackets like on this picture! :cool:

And accessories is my love too, especially scarfs, glowes and sunglasses :hip

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Eh, at home, I usually wear casual clothes like shorts and T-shirts of course but when I'm outside its all about Denim jeans and T-shirt (I don't really like shirts lel)

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
As I've grown up, my fashion sense has matured from the hip hop baggy trousers, trainers and hoodies look to jeans or trousers, shirts, polos and jumpers. I have regular stores I go to; H&M, Topman, River Island, etc...but I've started doing a lot of my shopping online at ASOS and other stores that have web shopping. I'm still into my urban look; I love t-shirts with graphics on there...particularly cartoonish stuff, and love Chukka boots, Timberlands, Vans and that kinda look with Khaki trousers and plaid shirts.
Basically this lol. In middle school wearing baggy clothes like how Soulja Boy did was in, but as the years go by tighter stuff was more fashionable. I would say I used wear alot of Aeropostle, American Eagle, Hollister but now I wear more Nike, True Religion, Saks Fifth, Gucci and other designer clothes that sell at outlets down south from where I live.

jooca

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I would say my fashion is a little bit like Demi Lovatos or Selena gomez, Clothes that looks like thoose from Forever21.com
But because I don't live in the US I buy clothes in the same style :)
But you know, the most important I believe are the Shoes and Necklaces.
Shows has to be atleast a bit of a heel and cute :D
And the Necklaces has to look very cute, preferbely white or black to you can mix it with whatever I wear :D
Here are some example of how i like my Fashion;
http://www.forever21.com/product.as..._name=top_casual&product_id=2066048784&Page=1wolesale sexy dresses
http://www.forever21.com/product.as...r=&footwr_price=&product_id=2065354893&Page=1wholesale sexy clothing
I also like to wear Forever21 style.