First Round 2. (Jinbe vs Monkey D. Luffy) | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

First Round 2. (Jinbe vs Monkey D. Luffy)

Who wins?

• Jinbe

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Monkey D. Luffy

Votes: 53 84.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As much as I agree with what Lazy has said about the differences between Jinbei and Luffy with the key factor being experience and knowledge of the sea; I can't picture Mugiwara being defeated now. Obviously, as readers we've seen Luffy over the years (first hand experience) in his development and fighting abilities. That not giving up will power will most probably get him through this. I honestly hate the fact that these two had to clash so early. So much Anti-Fishmen hate. D=

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
To say that Luffy can beat Jimbei is to say that post time skip Luffy is stronger than pretimeskip Ace. While Luffy has gotten stronger Jimbei likely has as well.
Well he probably is. I think Luffy wasn't even that far behind Ace.

And as far as Jinbei becoming stronger is concerned, he probably has. But Luffy tends to get stronger faster than other people. And, once you reach a certain point, you progress much slower. So yeah, I think Luffy could have caught up with Jinbei. Luffy's only goal is to become stronger so he can protect his nakama and Jinbei had some other responsabilities. He's in a position where a lot of people depend on him and he can't sail freely and fight tough opponents whenever he wamts.

cearon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Well he probably is. I think Luffy wasn't even that far behind Ace.

And as far as Jinbei becoming stronger is concerned, he probably has. But Luffy tends to get stronger faster than other people. And, once you reach a certain point, you progress much slower. So yeah, I think Luffy could have caught up with Jinbei. Luffy's only goal is to become stronger so he can protect his nakama and Jinbei had some other responsabilities. He's in a position where a lot of people depend on him and he can't sail freely and fight tough opponents whenever he wamts.
well razh, we seem to differ on the learning curve of the manga . i dont think that applies any1 else in the manga than SH crew. the others r just as strong as they have to be. 1 big case is rayleigh who was sort of retired and debauched basically. but he contrary to what he says about getting old and not being strong did things many found ridiculous. his fight with kizaru and swim through calm belt also killing a giant of a sea dragon. so he might not have gotten stronger than he was with Gol D. he simply didnt get dulled either.

about Jimbei vs Luffy; at this point on time i dont think Luffy is stronger, he certainly will be closer we get to the end. but right now with the known facts Jimbei should be considered more stronger.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Votin for Luffy because he's the bestest.

darkprince0521

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
well razh, we seem to differ on the learning curve of the manga . i dont think that applies any1 else in the manga than SH crew. the others r just as strong as they have to be. 1 big case is rayleigh who was sort of retired and debauched basically. but he contrary to what he says about getting old and not being strong did things many found ridiculous. his fight with kizaru and swim through calm belt also killing a giant of a sea dragon. so he might not have gotten stronger than he was with Gol D. he simply didnt get dulled either.

about Jimbei vs Luffy; at this point on time i dont think Luffy is stronger, he certainly will be closer we get to the end. but right now with the known facts Jimbei should be considered more stronger.
Rayleigh said it himself that his age has made him weaker than his prime.

Cyrs

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
This match is an obvious draw.

Jinbei and Luffy were fighting evenly at Fishman Island. Jinbei could even fight Ace to a draw: he fought a really strong fire logia to a draw on land. Ace was strong enough to be a Whitebeard Commander.

But eventually Luffy will be stronger since he's going to beat up Big Mom, so I voted for him.

Lazy

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Basing your vote on events that are yet to be drawn .... :gwah

Following your logic, shall we declare Luffy this tournament's winner right now since by the end of the manga, he may be pirate king, has defeated the remaining Shishibukai and potentially 2(maybe 3) Yonkou ? :3c

Finale

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think at this point they are probably about even like Luffy and Zoro were during Whiskey Peak. Luffy will obviously grow stronger than Jimbei but I'm not completely convinced he is there now.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
O.O

I would've expected a lot more votes for Jinbei tbh. =-= I think Luffy wwas always the favourite but not by this margin. xD

Cyrs

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Basing your vote on events that are yet to be drawn .... :gwah

Following your logic, shall we declare Luffy this tournament's winner right now since by the end of the manga, he may be pirate king, has defeated the remaining Shishibukai and potentially 2(maybe 3) Yonkou ? :3c
No, but I could only pick one. So I picked one :hee

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Love your sig Bugzee. :teehee

Status
Not open for further replies.