Typesetting - Font Identification and Recommendations | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Typesetting Font Identification and Recommendations

demo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
India
1: CC JimLee, in all caps and italics. Some settings such as the tracking has also been tweaked.

2 and 3: Felt, in all caps.

4: Wild Words, in all caps and italics.
Thanks..:super
I found about "CC Wild Words" and "CC Jim Lee" after posting that message when I tried experimenting by downloading a bunch of fonts.. :p
And about "Marker Felt", I had been searching like crazy going to even almost every Edited Manga sites' forums.. I would not have found it if I haven't seen your post.. lol!!
Again, thanks a lot!

snir

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi guys just signed up, can you help me find this font?

HScavenger

Reaction score
Country
Lebanon
Someone can please help with those fonts?

Linaly

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Anyone knows what font could be suitable for those?

Last edited:

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Anyone knows what font could be suitable for those?

The first could use something like this [link] or this [link] (a slightly messy handwritten font that is round and light-faced would do the trick.) (I prefer the first one.)

Might need a bit more context for the second one. The font looks somewhat on the horror side, but for all I know the dialogue could be from a gag/the character sounding a bit depressed. Something along the lines of this [link] would be my take. Basically a font that looks proper but with strokes a bit overdone/trailing off.

Linaly

Reaction score
Country
Italy
The first could use something like this [link] or this [link] (a slightly messy handwritten font that is round and light-faced would do the trick.) (I prefer the first one.)

Might need a bit more context for the second one. The font looks somewhat on the horror side, but for all I know the dialogue could be from a gag/the character sounding a bit depressed. Something along the lines of this [link] would be my take. Basically a font that looks proper but with strokes a bit overdone/trailing off.
Thank you for the first one. The second one is as you say a character sounding a bit depressed, I'll try font that you recommended me. Thank you so much.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Any idea what font this is?

chantn0

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Anyone still there in 2018? I have font to ask.

All those German Text
I often see this type of font when reading manga, when the characters speak in the language can be written in latin letters.
Pic from Grand Blue, chapter 47.

Thanks.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are quite a few font identifier websites and possibly apps that can do the same thing. You simply crop out a part of the text and usually save it as a jpeg and upload it onto a font identifier website and it usually works. If not, they sometimes give you similar alternatives. A quick google search will give you quite a few to try out. Haven't used them in a while but worth giving it a go.