Voting Round 2 - Fullmetal Alchemist vs. Nana | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Fullmetal Alchemist vs. Nana

Who wins?

• Fullmetal Alchemist

• Nana

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
At least I did. But now I see this... I don't know anymore :hmph.
Let's talk about $$$ then!!!
Well, you pushed hard enough for me to google it - that's more than most of the mangas I didn't know in this comp.

I may give it a look, but not sure I am a huge fan of stories revolving

they tend not to be my jam.

Also, and most importantly, it appears to lack one crucial ingredient

Idk, Zimb, that's a very shallow summary XD But yeah, there won't be much science '-'

Like for example; why is/should the story be better than FMA story? Or why are the characters better orso? I mean, I am pretty certain there is a way that you can tell it without spoiling something. Besides, if you want to spoil something use the tag, I don't mind spoilers really. Since it seems you've a hard time expressing that XD
'Cause FMA has an amazing universe, the alchemy concept there is very well written and the series works well around it. Props for the creativity.
Nana is trivial. It's normal life. And it works this ORDINARY universe in a genius way. It's very hard to be legit with feelings and sheer reality and not fall into cliches. That's more impressive and outstanding to me.

Last edited:

**Silver**

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
FMA the best Manga/Anime series ever

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Man, it's not going to be easy for you Lala. Voted for Nana :amuse.

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
there girl on girl action?! Damn FMA is in trouble. (still voted for FMA though)

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Ill be honest, Im a huge fan of FMa ♥♥♥ Olivier Mira Armstrong is my all time favorite female char, I love thi manga/anime a lot, I don't know about Nana and I don't care that much about it, but because i care a lot about Farf, i voted for Nana.
Farf is doing a great campaign against Goliath, theres many people around who nominated some great series and don't even bother to campaign, Farf is loving FMA too, but she hasnt given up her nomination, she's still fighting as much as she can against some powerful storm, she deserves a lot of respect.

@Purity of Magi sorry about it,
i know you won't have any issue with FMa as nomination, please don't be mad at me ♥ again i love a lot fma but want to support Farf :)

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
Erin-chan.. you are not amusing me with that post at all and that pikachu gif is not going to work on me. I did not expect you from all the people to go against me. Weren't you a fellow FMA lover that loves FMA for what it is? You literally vote for a manga that you don't even know? Erin, how can I take you for the rest of my life serious now? I even gave you my vote for TPN... FOR TPN. This is just... heartbreaking me so much. It's like as if Ray literally sliced almost Isabella's throath. I need some think time about this, this is just hurting me in the deepest part of my heart. Honestly, after seeing this.... I just need some time alone. You disgust me Erinyes.

Reactions: Sky

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Erin-chan.. you are not amusing me with that post at all and that pikachu gif is not going to work on me. I did not expect you from all the people to go against me. Weren't you a fellow FMA lover that loves FMA for what it is? You literally vote for a manga that you don't even know? Erin, how can I take you for the rest of my life serious now? I even gave you my vote for TPN... FOR TPN. This is just... heartbreaking me so much. It's like as if Ray literally sliced almost Isabella's throath. I need some think time about this, this is just hurting me in the deepest part of my heart. Honestly, after seeing this.... I just need some time alone. You disgust me Erinyes.

Magi.... chaaan.... :pout

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I am not one of those who see it as a masterpiece too(though yes it's pretty good).
Thank you!!!
Seriously, I agree that FMA is pretty well done, but quite frankly, it isn't the creme de la creme as far as shone goes. I usually feel as if that's an exaggeration blown to orbit, and it's for that reason I'm voting Nana here.

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
They're both very dense and leave deep impreassions on readers, but Nana does it in a real-world based ambientation, as Farf mentioned. There are no metaphors, it's real life issues. I'd vote for FMA, but I'm voting for Nana here by respect of what the author has done, it's a materpiece.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
FOR MAFIA GAME PLAYERS:
FMA is @Purity of Magi 's nominee.
How many times have her trolled you??
For how long has she been playing you with her gender?? I know some of you even wanted to marry her, to then hear she might as well be a guy!
You'll be the next in line to be shot in the face when she gets the Vigilante role again, will your future self forgive you for aiding her now??? ò.ó
How much do you want to give her a badge, HUH??
(and don't worry if you don't wanna gimme a badge either. Nana winning this is nothing but an utopia, sadly)
This... is actually compelling enough to make me consider voting Nana..
@Purity of Magi what do you say to this? You know mafia games are very important to me :rolleyes:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Nominating FMA is a sin.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Honestly FMA is near-perfect. The characters/story may not be my very favourite, just as a whole it is close to it.

FOR @Brandish:
I said it already, but... you don't wanna face FMA next, right? Ç_Ç RIGHT???
End its reign of terror NOW!
I voted for Nana because your campaign is pretty awesome. And I want to have a whinge about all these popular series getting easy votes.

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
This... is actually compelling enough to make me consider voting Nana..
@Purity of Magi what do you say to this? You know mafia games are very important to me :rolleyes:
Hmmm... well that I consider this kinda as a Alibaba lel move. Also I didn't vote against Holo unlike some people ... so no tyvm. I will stay in Hakuryuu's light. Don't wanna lower myself to Alibaba lvl XD

Status
Not open for further replies.