Voting Round 2 - Fullmetal Alchemist vs. Nana | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Fullmetal Alchemist vs. Nana

Who wins?

• Fullmetal Alchemist

• Nana

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
FMA of course!
Anything else is irrelevant. :kappa

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Aha... Ahahahahahahhahahahaaahaaaaaaaaa

FMA versus what now? I forgot already.
It's people like you that make Manga Wars a salt mine, mister I voted for farfy over me for reasons beyond comprehension.

At least you're not Nene trash like @Brandish :kappa:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
It's people like you that make Manga Wars a salt mine, mister I voted for farfy over me for reasons beyond comprehension.

At least you're not Nene trash like @Brandish :kappa:
I'm sorry I voted for a better manga that resulted in Shokugeki going down in flames :kappa

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
I'm sorry I voted for a better manga that resulted in Shokugeki going down in flames :kappa
Banned on discord :kappa

Vagabond is trash and your defense of it was dubious at best.

As for kakegurui, well... I am not going to be that mean to @Farfalla but I am certain she has a few strings tied to some guys like @Purity of Magi

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
As for kakegurui, well... I am not going to be that mean to @Farfalla but I am certain she has a few strings tied to some guys like @Purity of Magi
Wat, is anyone able to attach strings to Magi? @.@ Gotta see that yet.

I'm so happy to see that the few ones that know Nana love it and share the feeling *-* In the end of the day, it's prolly still a matter of taste, but it's still nice to see that a dear series is appreciated like that.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Banned on discord :kappa

Vagabond is trash and your defense of it was dubious at best.

Cute that you say it needed defending :XD

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well, I absolutely love FullMetalAlchemist, great story with great characters and most importantly it ended when it had to end (no long-runner syndrome to be seen)

The thing thats restraining me for voting is Nana's campaign and the benefit of the doubt, would I really enjoy Nana that much? it does look like I would do but not enough to surpass nostalgia and the barrier of a shonen with no flaws.
Therefore my vote goes to FMA, it deserves to go further in this event.

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
FMA easily due to edward elric. I like his english VA vic mignogna and has seen his troll videos on YT which made me his big fan. On top of that this is a masterpiece series.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Ok, of course it's easier for me to say that and almost no one will be able to disagree here (maybe Asia-chan), simply due to lack of knowledge, but I think that compared to Nana even the FMA characters seem to not have that much depth.
Even the "a lot of morally grey characters" in FMA is questionable. It's a shonen, about war. Most of the chars remains either as good guys or as bad guys during the whole series, as expected in a shonen. The war is what makes a lot of them question themselves, and that's something you'll see in many other series. You have some cases like Scar that would be a good example of a morally grey one, but those are minorities to me, not a lot ( O.o I can't understand nor accept what Tucker did and I end up judging he was defo mentally ill, I wouldn't have him together with Scar).

So I insist that maybe MAAAYBE if more people would know Nana and would come here to pick one among those two, more could end up favoring Nana. Even if those are both great works, when you compare what Yazawa achieved with the concept of Nana against Arakawa's results from FMA (which, yeah, has a lot of creativity, but again, it's an universe she created: she set rules and guidelines and followed that) and the complexity of the characters, then Nana would win the equation, imo. Even if you compare universes, it's a well created and complex universe against a real complex one - with a lot of rules and pre-existent concepts to follow and respect, which is quite of a challenge, bigger than the other one. Asia was super accurate when she mentioned that that's something that deserves respect and, sadly, here ignorance isn't a bless :emocat

Another "silly" point on Nana's side is that the art of Nana's manga beats the art of FMA's manga by far.

So...

Please give a chance to Nana? xD

Ice

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
FMA obviously! Buckaneer for Lyf. I dunno why but i teared up when he died :(

Ice

Reaction score
Country
North Pole

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I am sorry but I thought that we are allowed to post spoilers if the chapters are really old, or?
Soylent Green is people!
Darth Vader is Luke's father!
Jiraiya would ROFLSTOMP Itachi!
It was Earth all along!

See - now people can't read/watch those shows, as they know what is going to happen...

Bad form... bad form...
:nah

Last edited:

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
Waiting to see how far the lewdness of these two can go '-'
The lewdest win my vote !:sky2

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Nana was good until they turned Hachi into a trophy wife. However, it pains me to get slaughtered so I will vote for it.

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
Waiting to see how far the lewdness of these two can go '-'
The lewdest win my vote !:sky2
Oh look who we have here... this is how joyous my face was when this being appeared in here.

Farfosh you can have this being his vote. This thing isn't even worthy to vote for FMA. @Sky or @Brandish make sure to add an '403 error' for him if he wants to try it, thank you very much. Highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Magi.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
FMA easily due to edward elric. I like his english VA vic mignogna and has seen his troll videos on YT which made me his big fan. On top of that this is a masterpiece series.
You're voting for the manga not the anime :p

Status
Not open for further replies.