Games - Genshin Impact | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Genshin Impact

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Played a bit of this and was curious if anybody else around was too. The description of it as Breath of the Waifu seems pretty dead on.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been playing it on my PS4, and I really enjoy it. I like the combat, and the story is pretty interesting. Only downside is using arrows in combat is cumbersome and getting the right artifacts are a pain.

Also, Fischl and Noelle are the best!

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, Noelle is indeed great.

I've been playing on PC off and on since the game launched. The only downside for me is that I really hate how long it takes to build characters. I'd love to set up more teams but the time it takes to do it is just too much for me a lot of the time. Such is the way with Noelle sadly. I was going to build her.. then I got Eula. Can't not build her right?

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, managing time is hard, especially between trying to complete the main story, character side quests, and events. That's pretty much why, outside of a few select characters, I just switch the few fully level weapons and artifacts between whoever I need at that point. Haven't had a chance to level Eula above 40 due to lack of her acension material. Noelle I began using because I needed a good geo character to farm the geo boss funny enough, and it didn't hurt that I had managed to get her constillation maxed.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I've been playing since a few weeks since it launched, almost AR57. Really enjoyed Inazuma. The new characters are tempting but I'm saving up for Raiden Shogun, as I think all Archons will be must-pulls. Venti and Zhongli certainly were.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Noelle I began using because I needed a good geo character to farm the geo boss funny enough, and it didn't hurt that I had managed to get her constillation maxed.
That's certainly a good thing that you have her C6, as it takes her beyond being just a serviceable healer early on.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Eula is great fun too, definitely recommended. Her only competition as a physical damage dealer is probably Razor. Having a lot of fun with Kazuha too.

The only real downside with using those two together is Kazuha doesn't really enhance Eula's damage too much since the majority of her damage is physical and not cryo. But so far they seem to work well together. Prior to Inazuma the team I had been using the most was those two plus Zhongli and Albedo, but since Electro characters get a bonus and they're too useful there with puzzles and what not, I benched Albedo for Fischl.

Fischl is really just a placeholder though, let's be honest...

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm also saving for Baal on account of all the hotness and with how my pity situation is on event banners I think I'm actually certain to get her.

Despite how long I've been playing Genshin off and on I don't actually have a lot of characters, since I keep my spending pretty low in gatcha games, I don't have any archons. I've got Deluc, Eula, and Kequing.

The team I play with about 90% of the time is Traveler, Eula, Kequing, and Diona. The ones who do all the work are Eula and Diona though they are really good together.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I'm also saving for Baal on account of all the hotness and with how my pity situation is on event banners I think I'm actually certain to get her.

Despite how long I've been playing Genshin off and on I don't actually have a lot of characters, since I keep my spending pretty low in gatcha games, I don't have any archons. I've got Deluc, Eula, and Kequing.

The team I play with about 90% of the time is Traveler, Eula, Kequing, and Diona. The ones who do all the work are Eula and Diona though they are really good together.
Did you get an off-banner character/weapon last time you hit your pity? Because it's 100% if you did. I got lucky on the 50/50 with both Eula and Kazuha, so I feel like my luck may have run out, which is why I'm saving and taking no chances. I have around 120 wishes currently. I've actually been kinda tempted to pull on the weapon banner now since they made it much less of a money pit and the sword just seems insane.

I missed out on Venti since when his first banner was live I didn't even understand the banners or how they were different. But he's such a disgustingly OP unit. Him and Zhongli just completely nullify some kinds of content, so I feel like every Archon is going to be worth having. Even more so that it seems like there's a trend with them being Supports/Sub DPS rather than DPS. The latter is far more interchangeable and in some cases not even needed.

Which Traveler? Electro? And yeah, Diona is a really good battery for Eula since her ult requires 80 charge and stacking energy recharge on her instead of attack percent feels kinda meh.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Did you get an off-banner character/weapon last time you hit your pity? Because it's 100% if you did. I got lucky on the 50/50 with both Eula and Kazuha, so I feel like my luck may have run out, which is why I'm saving and taking no chances. I have around 120 wishes currently. I've actually been kinda tempted to pull on the weapon banner now since they made it much less of a money pit and the sword just seems insane.

I missed out on Venti since when his first banner was live I didn't even understand the banners or how they were different. But he's such a disgustingly OP unit. Him and Zhongli just completely nullify some kinds of content, so I feel like every Archon is going to be worth having. Even more so that it seems like there's a trend with them being Supports/Sub DPS rather than DPS. The latter is far more interchangeable and in some cases not even needed.

Which Traveler? Electro? And yeah, Diona is a really good battery for Eula since her ult requires 80 charge and stacking energy recharge on her instead of attack percent feels kinda meh.
Maybe. I know I pulled Eula then later got spooked by Kequing on an event banner before pity. If that resets the pity counter, and I don't see why it wouldn't, then I am easily at guaranteed pity for Baal when she comes around.

Right now I'm playing with Electro traveler. So far he's not really tickling my fancy much, liked wind more, but I also feel like I don't really have a feel for how to play him properly yet.

I have my Eula built with quite a bit of energy recharge 175% and the classic damage stats. Partly because my best claymore is my only 5 star weapon. Skyward Pride which is a recharge weapon with really high stats. So with that and Diona she can spam that burst pretty much as soon as it comes off cooldown. Probably not as impressive damage wise as some other Eulas but she can still nuke stuff down very well.

Yeah, off the field support characters are what I need to build more of honestly. And it sounds like Baal might work well with somebody Eula since she has her resolve stack mechanic where she gains those based on the other team members energy consumption so that high cost burst might actually work in her favor with Baal.

To be honest I was never really tempted by Zongli or Venti because in a game with limited resources I'll always go waifu over practicality. I'm sure they're amazing but, considering how long it takes to level anything up in this game, it takes a character I really like to get me motivated. Baal could be terrible and I'd still go all in for her. That she has potentially good off the field abilities is just a happy coincidence. :amuse

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Maybe. I know I pulled Eula then later got spooked by Kequing on an event banner before pity. If that resets the pity counter, and I don't see why it wouldn't, then I am easily at guaranteed pity for Baal when she comes around.

Right now I'm playing with Electro traveler. So far he's not really tickling my fancy much, liked wind more, but I also feel like I don't really have a feel for how to play him properly yet.

I have my Eula built with quite a bit of energy recharge 175% and the classic damage stats. Partly because my best claymore is my only 5 star weapon. Skyward Pride which is a recharge weapon with really high stats. So with that and Diona she can spam that burst pretty much as soon as it comes off cooldown. Probably not as impressive damage wise as some other Eulas but she can still nuke stuff down very well.

Yeah, off the field support characters are what I need to build more of honestly. And it sounds like Baal might work well with somebody Eula since she has her resolve stack mechanic where she gains those based on the other team members energy consumption so that high cost burst might actually work in her favor with Baal.

To be honest I was never really tempted by Zongli or Venti because in a game with limited resources I'll always go waifu over practicality. I'm sure they're amazing but, considering how long it takes to level anything up in this game, it takes a character I really like to get me motivated. Baal could be terrible and I'd still go all in for her. That she has potentially good off the field abilities is just a happy coincidence. :amuse
If you pulled Keqing on an event banner and nothing since, then your next pity is 100% guaranteed, so congrats (provided you have enough wishes for pity lol).

Electro traveler seems interesting slotted into an Electro team since he/she generates a lot of particles. Though Keqing's ult is only 40 energy and you already have a shitload of ER on Eula so their usefulness might not really be there with your team.

Skyward Pride kinda has awkward stats for a lot of Claymore users, but the base attack is so much higher than anything else that it can kind of make up for it. That's a lot of ER, so you could probably not worry about running another Cryo unit as a battery with her tbh, but Diona is definitely useful with her healing.

Yeah Baal's passives with giving energy to her team and spending energy buffs her damage sounds like she'll be excellent in a quick-swap team, which is something Eula is already made for. That and her being Electro with Eula for the Superconduct buff is just perfect.

I tend to be a bit more meta to a point, but even Venti being broken couldn't really get me to pull for him on his rerun either. Zhongli on the other hand is one of my favorite characters and despite no waifu-factor I knew I was pulling for him. The sheer amount of damage you can just ignore as well as how much his shield buffs the damage of literally any damage dealer means he works in basically any team.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice. That is exactly my situation.

Yeah, he might just not fit into any of my team setups. More recharge never hurts though.

Skyward Pride is definitely very awkward. It was the first thing I got from one of the character banners and I've been trying to find the right character to use it ever since. Forutantly it seems well suited to Eula since it shoots out those force blades after an elmental burst which do physical damage which is nice on Eula but not super useful on pretty much anybody else.

I rely on Diona for her shield and healing as much as her battery. She can't allow facetanking to the same degree Zhongli can, of course, and no damage buff at all. But a shield is a shield and they are so strong in this game I feel like you almost need one for some content. Even Noel's shield can be super useful.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
It's different for every character and team, but there is a certain point for each character where recharge is no longer useful compared to pure attack stats, mainly in situations where you're regularly getting your Ult fully charged long before it's cooldown is even over. Though I guess that's getting into min/max territory. I'm sort of curious how much this sort of thing will change with Baal, since her Ult with all 5 hits at level 9 will basically grant your entire party 12 energy before factoring in any energy recharge or the amount inactive party members get (I think it's 60%). It might end up making Energy Recharge completely pointless for certain characters who previously prioritized it to some degree. Just Archon things, I guess.

Imperium

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Yea started playing this a couple of weeks ago on PS4. Only on AR 32. My team is pretty simple still. I'm slightly confused by the banners and wishes tbh, but I did end up with a handful 4 star characters. No 5 star yet. Might have to wait for the horizon character in a few months.

Suggestions welcome, the team so far:

Traveller, I was going to drop him but after trying it felt wrong. So I'm here for the long haul. Currently upgrading his electro talent.
Diluc, main DPS. The man's a beast. I'm trying to get a better claymore for him atm, only have prototype archaic. Suggestions welcome.
Kaeya, sub dps. Have a decent freeze melt combo with Diluc but honestly he is probably the most likely to get dropped. If I had him at C1 or C2 he would be more useful but I don't know how to upgrade his constellation. How do I get a duplicate Kaeya? What banner is it?
Barbara, my healer. Her attack is atrocious but her healing is decent. Also has a good freezing combo with Kaeya. I hate the oceanid though, as you can tell from my team I have no distance attacks. So when those fucking flying water birds come, I'm fucked. Which hurts my upgrading of Barbara. I had to upgrade Lisa to fight them to upgrade Barbara. FML.

Speaking of that, I might try and make a second team. I have ninguang and sucrose and Diona and want to try them out. But want to get my main team to at least level 70ish.

Feel free to add me, my uid is 725055452.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yea started playing this a couple of weeks ago on PS4. Only on AR 32. My team is pretty simple still. I'm slightly confused by the banners and wishes tbh, but I did end up with a handful 4 star characters. No 5 star yet. Might have to wait for the horizon character in a few months.

Suggestions welcome, the team so far:

Traveller, I was going to drop him but after trying it felt wrong. So I'm here for the long haul. Currently upgrading his electro talent.
Diluc, main DPS. The man's a beast. I'm trying to get a better claymore for him atm, only have prototype archaic. Suggestions welcome.
Kaeya, sub dps. Have a decent freeze melt combo with Diluc but honestly he is probably the most likely to get dropped. If I had him at C1 or C2 he would be more useful but I don't know how to upgrade his constellation. How do I get a duplicate Kaeya? What banner is it?
Barbara, my healer. Her attack is atrocious but her healing is decent. Also has a good freezing combo with Kaeya. I hate the oceanid though, as you can tell from my team I have no distance attacks. So when those fucking flying water birds come, I'm fucked. Which hurts my upgrading of Barbara. I had to upgrade Lisa to fight them to upgrade Barbara. FML.

Speaking of that, I might try and make a second team. I have ninguang and sucrose and Diona and want to try them out. But want to get my main team to at least level 70ish.

Feel free to add me, my uid is 725055452.
FWIW Diluc is your 5 star

For some reason Kaeya, Amber, and Lisa are never in the pool for the Event banner unless they're included in the rate up selection, so you either wait for their turn there, get really lucky in the standard banner, or wait for their turn in the Starglitter shop and purchase them there. It's kind of counterintuitive how the units you get for free just by playing the story quests are the hardest to upgrade...

Do you have Xiangling? She's really good with Diluc for Pyro resonance. Also Sucrose is a really good unit for grouping up enemies and boosting elemental reaction damage, so she'd fit right in to buff your melt team. Ninguang can be good but she needs a lot of investment and constellations to really do damage since she can't rely on reactions to boost it because of Geo.

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
Wow, it's much harder than I expected. I don't want to use them on the starglitter shop. I spent a bit of starglitter before realising, so I've been saving now just to get to 34. Only halfway there, no way I am wasting that on a dupe. I'm hoping someone good comes in.

I guess I have to give the standard banner a go. I'll do a few wishes and if it doesn't work out, I'll look to trade Kaeya for someone else in the long run. I have chongyun who does AOE so he could be a decent replacement. I just find Kaeya not as good as Diluc and pretty similar to my traveller with his sword attacks. Maybe a cryo aoe like Chong will be good.

I don't have xiangling, I have yanfei and xinyan for pyro but they seem a bit shit. I think I just need to do her event to get her but haven't started yet. I still have so much content to get through.

I didn't know that about ninguang, I'm going to avoid those that need constellations now. Fuck that long shit. Might swap her for Noelle for my second team then.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would advise against purchasing anything with star glitter right now. Mainly because the anniversary is coming up and I've heard with this company they do discounts on that sort of thing during anniversary campaigns.

Seems like a good team to me. Since you're finding it difficult I'm assuming you did more or less what I did and avoided investing in anything too much since you don't get the stuff your going to keep until AR45 when the artifact drop rates become 100% for farming them. If you're doing that I'd highly recommend leveling a few basic damage artifacts. Because you're going to need those anyway to farm those artifacts when you get to AR45 so you might as well do it now. That was the surprise I got when I reached AR45.

I guess I'd recommend building Diona too for a couple reasons.

1) If you want to use Noelle you need to be ready for her main weakness. Energy. She can't regen it pretty much at all without help. She also needs to be leveled like a DPS which is a lot of investment.
2) I like Barbara but she's got two big flaws that become more noticeable later on. Energy is one, much like Noelle. The other is that her elemental skill inflicts wet status on you. Which is absolutely crippling when you're fighting cryo enemies

Diona is great because she's one of the best battery characters, she has a strong shield, and she can heal very effectively. All with very little investment. Once you get her to 70 you're done. As with most supports you don't need to ever go higher than that.

Alternatively, Bennett is very very good. So keep an eye out for him if you want to build your team around Deluc.

It's different for every character and team, but there is a certain point for each character where recharge is no longer useful compared to pure attack stats, mainly in situations where you're regularly getting your Ult fully charged long before it's cooldown is even over. Though I guess that's getting into min/max territory. I'm sort of curious how much this sort of thing will change with Baal, since her Ult with all 5 hits at level 9 will basically grant your entire party 12 energy before factoring in any energy recharge or the amount inactive party members get (I think it's 60%). It might end up making Energy Recharge completely pointless for certain characters who previously prioritized it to some degree. Just Archon things, I guess.
Yeah, I didn't really intend to build my Eula this way. I just have that weapon and my Pale Flame just happened to roll that way.

With most characters there is a max you want for sure. Though I'm curious with how that's going to work with Baal since her passive scales off of energy recharge. Where she gains electro damage from it. It's going to be interesting to see how much is the right amount with her. She'll still need attack and crit rate but that extra elemental damage could be pretty high. Considering none of my Eula gear, except for the sword, is even energy recharge main stat. I feel like you could get her well over +100% electro damage without even trying particularly hard.

Oh and my user id is 605118450. But I play on PC and I'm not sure if crossplay is a thing.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Wow, it's much harder than I expected. I don't want to use them on the starglitter shop. I spent a bit of starglitter before realising, so I've been saving now just to get to 34. Only halfway there, no way I am wasting that on a dupe. I'm hoping someone good comes in.

I guess I have to give the standard banner a go. I'll do a few wishes and if it doesn't work out, I'll look to trade Kaeya for someone else in the long run. I have chongyun who does AOE so he could be a decent replacement. I just find Kaeya not as good as Diluc and pretty similar to my traveller with his sword attacks. Maybe a cryo aoe like Chong will be good.

I don't have xiangling, I have yanfei and xinyan for pyro but they seem a bit shit. I think I just need to do her event to get her but haven't started yet. I still have so much content to get through.

I didn't know that about ninguang, I'm going to avoid those that need constellations now. Fuck that long shit. Might swap her for Noelle for my second team then.
Yeah the only way to get Starglitter is by wishing and getting dupes too, so it's a bit of a long game. Plus he was just in the shop last reset so the rotation is going to take a long time to get back to him.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend spending wishes on the Standard banner looking for anything specific. I'd only use free ones there and hope for the best at some point since there's nothing rated up there, so nothing you can really target.

Chongyun is really good with Diluc too, yeah. His "best" team is usually him, Xingqui, Chongyun, and Bennett. I'd definitely recommend Chongyun over Kaeya if there's no constellations involved.

Yanfei is a "selfish" dps so she isn't very useful in a team that already has a main dps like Diluc. Xinyan could be useful for Pyro resonance though if you don't have Bennett, but she's a really weird unit overall. Too much of her damage is physical, so you can't really count on much elemental damage as a dps, and her shield is pretty lackluster as a support ability and you won't need help applying Pyro with it since you're using Diluc obviously.

I'm not saying she can't be good with no constellations, but as far as useful 4 stars go, Ning needs her first two constellations to really open up her damage. And early on the biggest way to make your life easier is abusing elemental reactions like Melt, Vaporize, or Overload, which she can't help with. Like Jammin said, I'd wait until AR40 or AR45 to really start to worry about the most optimal team, until then just use what kills shit the quickest.

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
I did have cryo issues with Barbara on more than one occasion. That does become a problem. So gonna give Diona a go and see what happens.

I'm not really in any true difficulty, as I max out my characters level, weapon and talent every time I ascended a world level. I rarely have difficulty fighting, and I don't really die due to combat or anything. So the construction really is just for the feels and maximising what I have.

And I have been upgrading artifacts, all of my characters have a few 4 star artifacts that I have levelled up a lot. Otherwise how did you not have your bag filled up? The artifact inventory is small at only 1000. There is more space for gadgets. I have to periodically go on a leveling spree.

Oh and my user id is 605118450. But I play on PC and I'm not sure if crossplay is a thing.
There is crossplay but it is weird, I can't seem to add PC players but they can PlayStation. I tried yours but it didn't work, same happened with xi0 so he had to add me instead.

Yeah the only way to get Starglitter is by wishing and getting dupes too, so it's a bit of a long game. Plus he was just in the shop last reset so the rotation is going to take a long time to get back to him.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend spending wishes on the Standard banner looking for anything specific. I'd only use free ones there and hope for the best at some point since there's nothing rated up there, so nothing you can really target.

Chongyun is really good with Diluc too, yeah. His "best" team is usually him, Xingqui, Chongyun, and Bennett. I'd definitely recommend Chongyun over Kaeya if there's no constellations involved.
Yea that's has me convinced to drop him. I'm trying out Diona and if I like her instead of Barbara I might get rid of both. Chong was on the cards but I don't want two cryos. I just got fischl and I have razor so I might play around with this two and see.

Btw, anyone understand those relay stones in inazuma? If I seem them somewhere am I meant to link them up to...something?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I did have cryo issues with Barbara on more than one occasion. That does become a problem. So gonna give Diona a go and see what happens.

I'm not really in any true difficulty, as I max out my characters level, weapon and talent every time I ascended a world level. I rarely have difficulty fighting, and I don't really die due to combat or anything. So the construction really is just for the feels and maximising what I have.

And I have been upgrading artifacts, all of my characters have a few 4 star artifacts that I have levelled up a lot. Otherwise how did you not have your bag filled up? The artifact inventory is small at only 1000. There is more space for gadgets. I have to periodically go on a leveling spree.

There is crossplay but it is weird, I can't seem to add PC players but they can PlayStation. I tried yours but it didn't work, same happened with xi0 so he had to add me instead.

Yea that's has me convinced to drop him. I'm trying out Diona and if I like her instead of Barbara I might get rid of both. Chong was on the cards but I don't want two cryos. I just got fischl and I have razor so I might play around with this two and see.

Btw, anyone understand those relay stones in inazuma? If I seem them somewhere am I meant to link them up to...something?
That's very sensible. I was like, "I'm not going to level anything until i get to gold artifacts". Which I actually managed pretty well with right up until about AR35-AR40. When those Fatui people started to be a problem. And it ultimately proved pointless because initally the artifact dungeons can be a bit challenging.

And I think you'll like Diona. The only thing to get used to with her is that she doesn't heal off the field. The character needs to be standing in the zone she creates with her burst. Which isn't much of an issue once you get used to using her since everybody is shielded most of the time but I also used Barbara at first and it has a bit of a different feel to it.

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
Didn't realise Diona was an archer, that seriously helps sort out my issue with long distance attacks. I want to go fuck the oceanid now.

The really neat thing I found with the Barbara is how she can heal the whole team with both her abilities. So I would use her ultimate (is that what they are called?) and then use her normal healing and attack, which also heals everyone. As long as I could run around and dodge, I would have a fully healed team in short order.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Didn't realise Diona was an archer, that seriously helps sort out my issue with long distance attacks. I want to go fuck the oceanid now.

The really neat thing I found with the Barbara is how she can heal the whole team with both her abilities. So I would use her ultimate (is that what they are called?) and then use her normal healing and attack, which also heals everyone. As long as I could run around and dodge, I would have a fully healed team in short order.
It's called a "burst" but ultimate works too.

Yeah, you can't beat Barbara in terms of healing output. She just has a couple issues that cause problems. And I wouldn't expect much from Diona in terms of damage. You can build her that way probably but you most likely shouldn't. She's one of those swap in use her abilities swap out types. You want mostly want HP and ER with her.

If you really want to kill those birds. Ninguang destroys them though you said you have Lisa built and I feel like she could too. I never used Lisa so I'm not to farmillar with her. But I used Ninguang as my main DPS until I got Eula. She's a little boring to play since she's basically a turret that fires piles of homing rocks. But that is a skill set that is very effective against birds, as you would imagine.

The C1 and C2 that xi0 mentioned are nice but not necessary at all for her to do her job. The first one give the rocks AOE. The second one makes her elemental skill reset after it shatters. Both are super cool but she can do her job just fine without either. I used her at C0.