Games - Genshin Impact | Page 23 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Genshin Impact

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

3.5 special program
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

KARU3RG6NY65

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mika, I need him, when is the update?

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Leaks are saying they're going to be moving towards a 3-phase banner structure with 4.0

Also more 5stars will be added to the standard banner. Unsure if that means existing limited ones or like what they did with Tighnari and will be doing with Dehya.

Just hoping they add the original 5 stars to the Starglitter shop or at least an Epitomized Path-like system for the standard banner.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Leaks are saying they're going to be moving towards a 3-phase banner structure with 4.0

Also more 5stars will be added to the standard banner. Unsure if that means existing limited ones or like what they did with Tighnari and will be doing with Dehya.

Just hoping they add the original 5 stars to the Starglitter shop or at least an Epitomized Path-like system for the standard banner.
Three phase banner? Guess that solves the long waits in between reruns.

Need Childe and Kazuha reruns.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Three phase banner? Guess that solves the long waits in between reruns.

Need Childe and Kazuha reruns.
They've done it at least once before - when they gave Keqing a limited banner sandwiched in between the release of Xiao and Hu Tao. But they haven't done it since switching to the double banner system so idk. It does "solve" the issue of reruns happening more frequently, but it also kind of screws f2p and light spenders over by removing a week from each banner (assuming they'll keep the same 6 week patch structure).

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
We'll see. The increase extra banner phase "could" be a good thing if they take the right steps. Will they... we shall see.

Will I one day get a Mona rate up in that format? Possibly. Will they increase event rewards to help compensate for the differing needs of F2P and low spenders in an environment where there are so many characters rotating in more rapidly? I would be shocked if they did that.

The adding characters into the standard pool thing is something that bones my Mona chances further but they need to do it and honestly should have been doing it long ago. If only to increase the relative value of losing the 50/50. I can understand keeping like high value characters out of it like the various archons but everything else really should be in there already.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The adding characters into the standard pool thing is something that bones my Mona chances further but they need to do it and honestly should have been doing it long ago. If only to increase the relative value of losing the 50/50. I can understand keeping like high value characters out of it like the various archons but everything else really should be in there already.
What they should do and should have done from the beginning is what Star Rail has - 300 wishes on the standard banner grants you a selector option to pick any of the 5stars on there that you want.

Initially this is something that really would only benefit whales, and 300 pulls is too much, but at least it exists. That or preferably an Epitomized Path-like system like what the weapon banner has, but I mentioned that already.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's even funnier - Star Rail will have a better version of the strongbox system from launch too. It costs 10 pieces of gear instead of 3, but you can pick the slot AND the main stat if you have another material.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sounds like Star Rail is bringing a lot of the normal gear based gatcha game quality of life features.

I wonder if they'll include a gear substat mod system. Those are pretty standard too. Where you spend a currency to turn one substat into a substat of your choice with either a low or medium stat roll.

Have to hope those systems inspire genshin to do similar things.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm impressed they can juggle

Honkai Impact the 3rd
Genshin Impact
Tears of Thesris
Honkai Star Rail
Zenless Zone Zero

I'm assuming each one is basically experimenting feature advancements from each other, as HSR appears to be starting out with features that we only got recently in Genshin.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm impressed they can juggle

Honkai Impact the 3rd
Genshin Impact
Tears of Thesris
Honkai Star Rail
Zenless Zone Zero

I'm assuming each one is basically experimenting feature advancements from each other, as HSR appears to be starting out with features that we only got recently in Genshin.
I'm sure they are all different dev teams. And given the demands of live service format I'm sure they have internal teams within those rotating on content. That's what most games like this do. So you'd have had like a team within the Genshin team working on one island in Inazuma and different one working on the next island.

That may be why early indications are Honkai Star Rail is a bit more normal in terms of it's quality of life features. Honkai Impact was actually pretty famous for being generous. It may have more people who came from that team handling design.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh yeah, I've finally made my way into Sumeru. I guess the new event requires some stuff in Sumeru...which brings up a minor Quality of Life thing...I wish the current event would tell me how to access the quests I'm missing. It tells me the quest name but the quest is not on my menu at all. Annoying.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Have actually been juggling this and Honkai Star Rail

I think I like both equally, though its far easier to get the daily points needed to get the Battle Pass marks in HSR than it is in Genshin (autobattle helps immensely).

Genshin, Im in extreme saving mode, I want Kaveh but I also need to save for dupes of Kazuha and Wanderer, but also some eventual 5* Pyro boy I hope we get someday.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Made a thread for HSR

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hearing so many good things about Lyney, I need to update tonight and then I can try to pull him.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Took 90 for me to get Lyney, my first 10 gave me Qiqi... ;/ and then 80 later for Lyney...Down to only 50 :(

Didnt make it to Fontaine yet since, the story auto teleports to the cliff overlooking it, but I had to go back to tackle the two waypoints in the swamp and nearby mountain....i have so much of the world unexplored lol (i basically get everyway waypoint and then do story stuff only), I think I've done just about everyone in mondstadt except for the bounties and getting all the collectibles though.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
omg, havent played in a little while, but definitely coming back for Gaming!!!!

They know the character design type I love and Pyro is best element