Games - Genshin Impact | Page 22 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Genshin Impact

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I still have around 230 or so summons left, so I'll probably be pulling as well. Hoping he's a more viable version of Heizou. Heizou is fun, but really only enjoyed playing him as a driver in a freeze team.

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
what if i download and play this game this year, 2023?

does it have "generous" new player experience?

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
what if i download and play this game this year, 2023?

does it have "generous" new player experience?
It's not old enough for that, like events haven't even been around enough to be reran.

I haven't even played a year yet. It's pretty fast to catch up to current story.

(Compared to granblue fantasy where new players are quickly, basically brought from lvl 1 to 100 with bountiful materials, but it's 8 years old)

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
New players would have weeks of content to do before they really caught up and even then there's plenty of ancillary things that would add on top of it. All new player experiences are "generous" compared to the actual game long-term, but no, Genshin is pretty stingy compared to other gacha games. That's mostly because this isn't a typical gacha game, it's a fully-fledge open world rpg where the characters are gacha.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Events have been rerun though, this is the third Lantern Rite and the third Windblume event is coming up.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean, I guess to offer a slightly different perspective. Genshin is.. stingy. New players, long time players, that's just how it's built. It's more of a legit open world RPG than any other gatcha game I know of is but it's still a gatcha game and it's by far the most stingy of those I know of.

The character's are gatcha of course but that aspect isn't too bad. It will give you enough of those play with, more than you'll really be able to make use of before long. The greater issue in my eyes is how progress is intentionally slowed down through resin which is your classic mobile game stamina mechanic. Which robs it of feeling like a "real" RPG or open world adventure game. That is sadly where Genshin is the most stingy too. That's something I think someone interested in being a player of Genshin will either be able to live with or can't.

As it is, I find it hard to recommend to people unless they really don't mind the mobile game stuff.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I dont know if I would count the chinese new years event though (since its every year), things like Albedo's Event [ https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/The_Chalk_Prince_and_the_Dragon ] have not been rerun in 2 years.
He basically got a new event that replaced it though. I forget if the previous storyline is available to do then or not, but obviously obtaining Festering Desire isn't. Not sure the best way to handle that other than just making all storyline content still available to do. Some event-based stuff is, others aren't for some reason.

But my point is that most seasonal/holiday events are reruns really, a lot of the content is new though.

As it is, I find it hard to recommend to people unless they really don't mind the mobile game stuff.
I kind of look at it that opposite way - I wouldn't recommend Genshin to pure gacha players, as it has broader appeal. It has more to offer than most open world rpgs, it just doesn't excel at being a gacha game really.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I kind of look at it that opposite way - I wouldn't recommend Genshin to pure gacha players, as it has broader appeal. It has more to offer than most open world rpgs, it just doesn't excel at being a gacha game really.
It has a lot of content but I don't know that I'd agree it has more to offer, unless your willing to pay a disproportionate amount in money/time for it.

It has broader appeal in the sense that mechanically it's an easy action/adventure game. But the resin system is pure gatcha game. Bosses are locked behind it, gear is locked behind it, character upgrading is locked behind it, weapon upgrading is locked behind it. Any real RPG aspect is has a lock on it for them to sell you the key to it.

Genshin I think excels at presentation but underneath it all it's really just a gatcha game, albeit high budget with a lot of polish. I don't necessarily have an issue with that, is what it is. But if somebody comes in expecting a normal-ish open world RPG experience, I don't think most people will get that out of it. If they were more generous than I'm sure those aspects would be less noticeable. But they aren't. So it is.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
It has a lot of content but I don't know that I'd agree it has more to offer, unless your willing to pay a disproportionate amount in money/time for it.

It has broader appeal in the sense that mechanically it's an easy action/adventure game. But the resin system is pure gatcha game. Bosses are locked behind it, gear is locked behind it, character upgrading is locked behind it, weapon upgrading is locked behind it. Any real RPG aspect is has a lock on it for them to sell you the key to it.

Genshin I think excels at presentation but underneath it all it's really just a gatcha game, albeit high budget with a lot of polish. I don't necessarily have an issue with that, is what it is. But if somebody comes in expecting a normal-ish open world RPG experience, I don't think most people will get that out of it. If they were more generous than I'm sure those aspects would be less noticeable. But they aren't. So it is.
For me, the stamina system doesn't really play a a huge factor in being a roadblock until you've unlocked all of the features the game has to offer, and that's not at least until AR20 or so. Genshin was my first real gacha experience, and I didn't even fully realize the point of the resin system until some weeks in. And by that time you've sunk many many hours into the game while not spending anything but your time. Maybe I was just an idiot though, idk.

Evaluating it past the initial period as a GaaS (Games as a Service) your point is definitely true. But in all honesty, most f2p games timegate and paygate the shit out of it's progression systems and I wouldn't really rank Genshin as being too horrible.

As far as comparing it to other open world rpgs, I guess I meant the holistic experience. There's plenty of bland, uninspiring games in that genre that can't even approach the kind of polish Genshin has, even from AAA studios. So that alone would draw people in IMO.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Genshin feels unlike other Gacha in that
-Stamina doesnt prevent you from playing the game -> you can still do quests, explore the world, farm some mats, and actually still play bosses and what not...Other gacha, sometimes stamina prevents you from well doing anything in the game. Really stamina in Genshin only keeps you from farming domains/world bosses
-You can be competitive with only slight dips into the Gacha pools (you dont need 5 star weapons to be competitive, you can be competitive with 4 star characters), and there is a decent supply of both types of wishes that over time players hsould steadily get 5 star characters if they save. OTHER gacha games sometimes require you to have 5 star characters to be competitive with some content impossible to beat without the best weapons and the best characters.
-Lots of content and world, many other gacha are actually significantly smaller in comparison.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
OTHER gacha games sometimes require you to have 5 star characters to be competitive with some content impossible to beat without the best weapons and the best characters.
This is a plus for the game and I think their philosophy towards content explains their aversion to adding difficult content other than Spiral Abyss. But it does kinda suck for whales or people who've played for a long time.

It certainly doesn't make much sense from a money-making perspective, but the game makes billions at this point so maybe they don't care.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
For me, the stamina system doesn't really play a a huge factor in being a roadblock until you've unlocked all of the features the game has to offer, and that's not at least until AR20 or so. Genshin was my first real gacha experience, and I didn't even fully realize the point of the resin system until some weeks in. And by that time you've sunk many many hours into the game while not spending anything but your time. Maybe I was just an idiot though, idk.

Evaluating it past the initial period as a GaaS (Games as a Service) your point is definitely true. But in all honesty, most f2p games timegate and paygate the shit out of it's progression systems and I wouldn't really rank Genshin as being too horrible.

As far as comparing it to other open world rpgs, I guess I meant the holistic experience. There's plenty of bland, uninspiring games in that genre that can't even approach the kind of polish Genshin has, even from AAA studios. So that alone would draw people in IMO.
I think your right in the sense that Genshin is better than a bad open world RPG. But I don't recommend those to people either. The polish is definitely there and I think for somebody who likes open world hack and slashy RPGs and really wants that. Genshin is a pretty good option. But I think we fall into the trap with Genshin of talking as if it plays like a non-gatcha game. And it doesn't. It really doesn't.

I like it, otherwise I would not have spent hundreds of hours and dollars on it. But IMHO it is "Pretty good for a gatcha game... with some caveats" not "Pretty good for an open world RPG."

Not much different from Azur Lane and bullet hell games... etc etc.

Genshin feels unlike other Gacha in that
-Stamina doesnt prevent you from playing the game -> you can still do quests, explore the world, farm some mats, and actually still play bosses and what not...Other gacha, sometimes stamina prevents you from well doing anything in the game. Really stamina in Genshin only keeps you from farming domains/world bosses
-You can be competitive with only slight dips into the Gacha pools (you dont need 5 star weapons to be competitive, you can be competitive with 4 star characters), and there is a decent supply of both types of wishes that over time players hsould steadily get 5 star characters if they save. OTHER gacha games sometimes require you to have 5 star characters to be competitive with some content impossible to beat without the best weapons and the best characters.
-Lots of content and world, many other gacha are actually significantly smaller in comparison.
-The stamina thing prevents progress. It takes approximately 3 weeks to level a character if you don't have the stuff farmed out already. Gatcha standard is more like 2-4 days.

- Most gacha games allow you to be competitive with minimal gatcha. Or if they don't they give free pulls much more often. Many give 1 free daily premuim pull. This isn't out of generosity. It's too keep players from quitting.

- When you say world. In Genshin it's literally a large "world", not many have tried that. Most gatcha's have a ton of content though. That's just how they are in order to keep people playing. A lot of them release content a lot faster too.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
-The stamina thing prevents progress. It takes approximately 3 weeks to level a character if you don't have the stuff farmed out already. Gatcha standard is more like 2-4 days.
Hm I guess I would disagree.. The stamina is not the thing inhibiting character growth but time gating of material respawn on the map. (materials respawn every er 48 or 72 hours)...which you can kind of bypass if you go to different worlds.

Stamina only plays a role when you want to optimize your character build (or like to avoid moving already optimized Artifacts from one character to another)....they really need to save builds for characters in game.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hm I guess I would disagree.. The stamina is not the thing inhibiting character growth but time gating of material respawn on the map. (materials respawn every er 48 or 72 hours).

Stamina only plays a role when you want to optimize your character build (or like to avoid moving already optimized Artifacts from one character to another)....they really need to save builds for characters in game.
The open world resource time gating is also a thing but you can get around that by jumping into coop worlds if you really want to. Which is annoying but... it is what it is.

Stuff like gems and other materials. You cannot get those without resin(stamina). You can get a few gems from event stuff but not nearly enough to level anything. Which you also need to gain equipment/skill upgrades/exp books/money/talent leveling. Basically all the RPG aspects.

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

52.5GB. Jesus Christ.

Y'all play in Europe right?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Hardy you play in Europe?

give UID friends.

let me visit your house.

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Gary lambu sam farfalla marma raven and me all play in Europe
I'm assuming hardy did too as he played with farfalla but he no longer play genshin

The others are in America version like jammin

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

Co-op Mode unlocked!

Anyone wanna play Co-Op?

Carry me on World Quests senpais. uwu

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
what your id, i can coop if you in europe

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
OH yeah, the current dueal event has been amazingly fun. Really like how its not just a hack and slash fest again.