Games - Genshin Impact | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Genshin Impact

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I think it's that plus the fact that she's a Pyro dps. There's just way too much competition there and the unique thing about her - being able to apply pyro with her normal attacks, makes it so it really limits who she can work with to pair for elemental reactions because she applies it so quickly. Supposedly her "best" team is an Overload comp with Fischl and Beidou, but I personally find Overload to be annoying to deal with since it knocks enemies around. Though I guess that's less of a problem with a ranged character.

But as a single-target pyro dps she's just inferior to Hutao, so nothing really meta-changing about her.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it's that plus the fact that she's a Pyro dps. There's just way too much competition there and the unique thing about her - being able to apply pyro with her normal attacks, makes it so it really limits who she can work with to pair for elemental reactions because she applies it so quickly. Supposedly her "best" team is an Overload comp with Fischl and Beidou, but I personally find Overload to be annoying to deal with since it knocks enemies around. Though I guess that's less of a problem with a ranged character.

But as a single-target pyro dps she's just inferior to Hutao, so nothing really meta-changing about her.
That could be true from the perspective of those with Hutao.

I'm more coming from the more free to play or budget perspective where you don't necessarily have a lot of options to pick from. Even if you need a pyro-dps I feel like the bow users can be a tougher sell than any other weapon. Like when I did the Yomiya free trial. I did not feel like that was a character I wanted to spend a lot of time playing.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
That could be true from the perspective of those with Hutao.

I'm more coming from the more free to play or budget perspective where you don't necessarily have a lot of options to pick from. Even if you need a pyro-dps I feel like the bow users can be a tougher sell than any other weapon. Like when I did the Yomiya free trial. I did not feel like that was a character I wanted to spend a lot of time playing.
Honestly, I feel like it could be from the perspective of those with Xiangling too. Of course, there's always the "new thing" appeal and FOMO that makes a lot of players (myself included) want to use the shiny new toy. But just like you, neither her character quest nor her trial left me feeling like she has much appeal to me as a unit, neither from fun factor or how useful she seems to be. At this point I think she has to be the most underwhelming 5 Star I've seen added to the game, which has to be a special kind of feat given how useful Pyro generally is.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I realized using 50 pulls just to get C0 Sayu probably means I've drastically reduced my chances of pulling Sara, since she'll likely be on Baal's banner. Hopefully she's as underwhelming as Yoimiya.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm probably going to throw what I've got at the Baal banner regardless because of Baal's C1 constellation. So I'll be going for Sera for sure. Plus, as much as I hate bow users, I got the Amos bow from my 3rd non-event gatcha pity last week. Would be nice to have somebody to use that on,

It's also become apparent to me that the price I pay for my great luck in many places is my artifact luck. I've been farming the Emblem Set to get a set ready for Baal and this last piece is a nightmare. All I need is a crit rate helm or electro goblet that doesn't rolls offensive stats. Literally anything but HP or Defense. So naturally, after 3 weeks of farming, I've gotten 2 crit rate helms total and both got double HP substat rolls.

They really need to start implementing an artifact smiting system already.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
With the way Sara's Skill works, it looks like Amos Bow will be quite good on her, but I sort of wonder if it'll be better than other options given that her Burst is 80 energy and I'm not sure what her particle generation will be like. I guess it'll depend on how good she'll be as a sub dps vs main damage dealer.

Yeah I've been trying to farm the Emblem set too, have some good pieces but no crit helm yet either lol

DSPVUN2BKH5M
CB7UU6KT2H59
NTPVU7JTJYPD

These are codes from today's 2.1 stream for 100 Primos each, I think they expire soon so hurry up

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
She seems like she's meant to run with Baal so I bet energy really isn't going to be a problem if you're doing that. Given that her crow feathers grant like 50% to 100% of her attack bonus to whoever picks it up. I feel like she's going to be a character we're going to want to jack up that single stat as high as possible.

Switch her in for the feather then bring in Baal to turn take that attack and massacre everything with it. Especially given how Baal will naturally lean much more towards her electro damage bonus with her own stats.

This trailer looks so cool.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Interesting that they're advertising him for 2.2 when 2.1 isn't out yet. I guess the rumor/speculation about him being a 4 Star wasn't true.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
They announced Sara pretty early right?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
They announced Sara pretty early right?
All of the new 2.1 characters were officially revealed on 7/22. We know from leaks that Yae Miko and Gorou are coming but were found in the game files far later than Thoma so idk. I guess it's still possible he won't be a 5 star, but I assumed only revealing him today might mean he'll be the new character banner and then the other banner will be a rerun.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, good luck to everybody doing some rolling.

I got my Baal and C1 Sara.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't know why I didn't expect it, but didn't realize they both required new asencion materials... Guess I gotta delay my dream of using Baal against Baal... Anyway, managed to get both.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
In my case, I gotta fish up the Catch too. That's going to take a minute or two. :amuse

Man, Kequing loves me. Was rolling my monthy wishes and got spooked by her yet again. So far 100% of my spooks in this game have been Kequing.

I mean, I'm happy in the sense that my pity gets guaranteed early again. But, damn, I wish it was anybody else.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Also, I feel like I need to mention, these new regions are so incredibly gorgeous looking. Like people compared this game to Breath of the Wild. But that game looked like garbage compared to these islands. It's not even a graphical fidelity thing. It's pure art design and it's pretty incredible.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I won the 50/50 for Baal on the 76th pull, 1 into soft pity. Also pulled Sara once. I had over a 100 wishes left so like an idiot I dumped some pulls into the weapon banner but no pity yet there. I'm pretty sure the new polearm is going to easily be her best weapon but I got impatient before seeing some consensus lol.

The ascension material stuff just gets worse. Before they'd lock one of them behind a new boss that you can't farm beforehand, now you have to do a long quest chain to unlock said boss AND you need 130+ of a new regional item that only spawns on one of the islands. Feels pretty annoying. The new island with the electro boss is stunning though, crazy looking.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, the new Polearm looks amazing. So regardless there is always that. I refuse to summon on weapons though characters are just more fun to me.

I'm probably going to stop rolling now because I have that 100% pity now and playing the story has helped me to understand that, despite the fact that the last thing in the world I want is another electro character, Yae's waifu level is so high... I have no choice.

My two most wanted characters are now Mona and Yae.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I'm probably going to stop rolling now because I have that 100% pity now and playing the story has helped me to understand that, despite the fact that the last thing in the world I want is another electro character, Yae's waifu level is so high... I have no choice.
Fingers crossed she's a support, because a DPS Catalyst doesn't sound very promising

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fingers crossed she's a support, because a DPS Catalyst doesn't sound very promising
I need her to be an electro healer with a strong shield. That's not the sexiest kit but it's like the only electro kit I could actually use right now. Not that it matters what she does... I'll roll for her anyway.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I need her to be an electro healer with a strong shield. That's not the sexiest kit but it's like the only electro kit I could actually use right now. Not that it matters what she does... I'll roll for her anyway.
You're really going to use triple electro?

But yeah, it'd be interesting to have a healer that isn't Hydro

Seems like there's a lot of issues and weird idiosyncracies with Baal's kit that they only posted about the day of release which seems weird and scummy. For example, apparently the vacuum blades from Skyward Spine don't work with her after she uses her Burst, which is unfortunate for me since that's what I'm currently using on her since it's ER main star lol..

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
dendro when

or is it already released?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
You're really going to use triple electro?

But yeah, it'd be interesting to have a healer that isn't Hydro

Seems like there's a lot of issues and weird idiosyncracies with Baal's kit that they only posted about the day of release which seems weird and scummy. For example, apparently the vacuum blades from Skyward Spine don't work with her after she uses her Burst, which is unfortunate for me since that's what I'm currently using on her since it's ER main star lol..
I don't want to. But I'm going to use the cool characters that I want to use you know? I'll make it work somehow.... probably.

Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
dendro when

or is it already released?
There's been leaks about Baizhu and map expansion for Liyue for months. First it was coming before Inazuma, then it never materialized. Seems like the story is hinting towards Sumeru next, so it's unclear if we'll get the Liyue stuff as a precursor to introduce playable Dendro or not. The reality is they have to add a lot to Dendro to make it worth adding to the game since it currently only reacts with Pyro to create the Burning status.