Semifinal - Gildarts vs. Suzaku | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Gildarts vs. Suzaku

Who wins?

• Gildarts Clive

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • Suzaku

Votes: 26 51.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Kyria's statements doesn't outweigh Suzaku's feats. She likes strong people, and didn't know Suzaku was this strong. The fact that Kyria might also like people like Laxus doesn't mean Suzaku is only on his level. There's no question that Suzaku is above Laxus/Erza tiers, because his feats involve oneshotting Natsu and Erza.

Hakune took much longer to beat Natsu than Suzaku did, and most importantly there is an exploitable counter to her magic. Once you can deal with Hakune freezing your magic, then Hakune herself can easily be stomped in a fight. Had Natsu or Gray known that they needed to change the properties of their magic, they would stomp every single rematch against Hakune. There is absolutely nothing that Natsu and Erza can do to prevent Suzaku from oneshotting them if they fought again. They don't have counters to Suzaku because he's simply faster than them and hits harder than what they can tank. Also, Suzaku didn't just oneshot Natsu. He oneshotted Erza too, and then he fought Selene. This is just leagues upon leagues above Hakune beating Natsu and Gray. In fact, Gray doesn't even want any part of Suzaku. He wanted to run away as soon as he saw Erza go down.

Gildart's "cubing" technique is disassembly, and it doesn't actually kill anyone. All it does is turn them into miniature versions of themselves, which is what it did to Tenrou Natsu. Just because August is the only character to fight while cubed and reverse it later, doesn't mean you have to be August to survive this hit. You could just allow disassembly to hit you, turn into smaller versions of yourself, and then keep fighting until Gildarts gets annoyed and turns you back. This is what Tenrou Natsu did. Disassembly is not a win condition. There's no way any version of Gildarts that we've seen so far is oneshotting Natsu or Erza with casual attacks like Suzaku did. The historia of God Serena traded blows with Gildarts until he used his Empyrean finisher. Natsu and Erza have tanked attacks from Zeref and Irene. August took less damage from an attack that broke Gildart's metal arm than Selene did from Suzaku's slash.

Hexbend

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If Erza somehow beats Suzaku in a rematch then that just means

Current Erza > Gildarts, Laxus & Jellal

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
oh this is getting interesting. people are perfectly split into two sides. liking this :kukuku

ShaLIGHTNING

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
If Erza somehow beats Suzaku in a rematch then that just means

Current Erza > Gildarts, Laxus & Jellal
I mean, look at how injured Suzaku currently is.

I don't think he'll be fully fit (at all) in his next fight.

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean, look at how injured Suzaku currently is.

I don't think he'll be fully fit (at all) in his next fight.
Yea, but I kinda doubt Selene will automatically go after FT. Well who knows but I doubt it

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yeah, because everything he did until Selene knew it was George who killed Kurnugi was legit. She decided the throw the fight only after getting that info

Could she have gotten up from the attack? Yeah. Could she have gone into dragon form and one shot? Yeah.
These factors still don't change the fact the Suzaku's final attack did all the damage it did to human Selene. Which is far better than what everyone else in the series, bar DF Natsu, has done to Acno/DG tiers

Him one shotting Erza and base Natsu is also legit.
x793 Erza is probably as strong as x792 Gildarts. Even if we scale up Gildarts based on portrayal to 1-2 tiers above Erza, it still won't allow him to one shot Erza and Natsu within a span of like 10 secs
The visual damage Suzaku dealt to Selene is unreliable.

As soon as we learnt Selene wanted him to believe he beat her and that she was actually entirely unhurt by him, even the amount of blood she shed is probably a ruse. She could have lowered her magical defenses for all we know to take more damage than she would if she intended to block the slash. And of course, since she intended to take the slash, Suzaku's speed feat against her is also unexistent now.

I think I have also read someone mention on this thread that Suzaku can "tank" Selene's attacks, but that's also a poor feat: Selene was playing around with her meal and dominating him with normal magical attacks.

Suzaku's portrayal after this chapter, as Brandish μ cleverly mentioned in his recent post, implies in every possible way that while Suzaku's somewhat strong, he's nowhere near as strong as a dragon god. The whole chapter was meant to teach us that even someone who Suzaku considers his absolute superior was just absolute fodder to Selene, making Suzaku lower than absolute fodder to her.

Suzaku's only legit feats, which are actually good and relevant, are beating base Natsu and Erza.
However, in my opinion, these feats will also turn to smoke in a couple more weeks, because that's what most new enemies do. Even Kiria started off by beating Erza only to be revealed as fodder half an arc later without Erza needing to go through any training or powerup. So I'd rather believe for now that current Gildarts could overpower Suzaku.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
What y’all not understanding is that playful Selene/20% Selene was still was able to get hurt from Suzaku. When acno was jobbing we didn’t see any type of damage nobody was able to put a scratch (Irene and jellal) now the question is can gildartz replicate those same feat? 2. is playful Selene stronger than august? If these points can be debunk then gildartz wins otherwise suzaku is till the winner.

@Axiomus one thing I disagree with is how easy base natsu is oneshottable. To me it isn’t impressive anymore we seen this happens to many time in this series so suzaku performing the feat isnt that great anymore

Last edited:

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
He didn't turn into water. He coated himself in water otherwise Natsu shouldn't be able to stand on top of him unless Natsu can stand water suddenly. Merc's human form was injured before him turning into a dragon but when he turned into a dragon those injuries are gone. Getting magic power doesn't heal someone. Doesn't know where this is coming from. Same with Irene. No injuries when she turned into a dragon. Same with Selene as well. Injuries are only transferred when their dragon form get's damaged not the other way around. Injuring their human form doesn't do any damage to dragon form.
Coating himself in water doesn’t jive with what was drawn. He was completely translucent.

Reactions: Jko

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India

As soon as we learnt Selene wanted him to believe he beat her and that she was actually entirely unhurt by him, even the amount of blood she shed is probably a ruse. She could have lowered her magical defenses for all we know to take more damage than she would if she intended to block the slash. And of course, since she intended to take the slash, Suzaku's speed feat against her is also unexistent now.
You cannot lower your defence from your default, you can raise it when you're prepared.
Which is why off guard attacks are stronger, because they deal damage to your base defence,

All this means is that Suzaku can deal that much damage to unprepared Selene.

Now tell me characters who can deal damage to playful/unprepared DG tiers?
Eileen and Jellal tried, and did nothing.
x793 Team Natsu tried on playful nerfed Merc, did nothing.

Suzaku still has the speed feat of slashing her cheek. But yeah, I agree he didn't blitz her in the final attack.

I think I have also read someone mention on this thread that Suzaku can "tank" Selene's attacks, but that's also a poor feat: Selene was playing around with her meal and dominating him with normal magical attacks.
Selene powered up enough for Merc to comment on how she's stronger then his nerfed self and Aldo when he woke up.

Aldo when he woke up, was also casual against Natsu. Natsu couldn't even react to his spells and his spells were creating holes in his body, while Suzaku was (barely) able to keep up. Natsu couldn't tank them, Suzaku could

Suzaku's portrayal after this chapter, as Brandish μ cleverly mentioned in his recent post, implies in every possible way that while Suzaku's somewhat strong, he's nowhere near as strong as a dragon god. The whole chapter was meant to teach us that even someone who Suzaku considers his absolute superior was just absolute fodder to Selene, making Suzaku lower than absolute fodder to her.
We called Selene's dragon form being able to one shot Suzaku regardless.

Selene going to dragon form should be comparable to Eileen going dragon form. Since they are both dragons in their "natural" form.

Erza could keep up against human Eileen. While she got 99% of her bones broken instantly from dragon Eileen with a single blow. Same would've happened to Suzaku regardless of whether feats against human Selene were legit or not

Suzaku's only legit feats, which are actually good and relevant, are beating base Natsu and Erza.
However, in my opinion, these feats will also turn to smoke in a couple more weeks, because that's what most new enemies do. Even Kiria started off by beating Erza only to be revealed as fodder half an arc later without Erza needing to go through any training or powerup. So I'd rather believe for now that current Gildarts could overpower Suzaku.
It's more complicated here, since Kyria did it with hax. Which opens up possibility to counter hax and then deal with her (which is what Erza did in round 2, as well as what Laxus did)

Suzaku did it with pure stats. He was outright leagues superior to Erza and (base) Natsu. As simple as that. No tricks, no cheat hax, nothing. Just pure power.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

we all know suzaku is gonna loose against erza in their rematch.. why is this even a debate
Maybe we should rank accordingly when that happens? Cause right now you're ranking based on pure headcanons

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Before anyone misunderstands me, I am not accusing Suzaku of being fodder. He oneshotted both Erza and Natsu. I'd be the first one to vote for him if he ever went up against those 2.

The only part where I differ is that the above feats don't translate into an automatic victory when Suzaku is up against Gildartz.

Gildartz can still cube Suzaku into pieces, who has no counter to it like August does.

Once Suzaku is cubed, Gildartz can just spam his AoE spell, "All Crush", until all the mini-Suzaku's are knocked out.

And again, keep in mind that Suzaku does not have the ability to cancel/nullify this spell like August did.

Also, we know for a fact that when Suzaku is cubed, his miniature forms will have a drastic decrease in durability, as shown by the fact that the mini-Natsu's were being knocked out by a simple swipe of Gildartz's cloak:

So the AoE from All Crush will be more than enough to oneshot all of the mini-Suzaku's.

And unlike Natsu, Gildartz will not turn Suzaku back to his normal size because Suzaku is not an ally and Gildartz is fighting to win this tournament at all costs.

Last edited:

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Uh Gildarts can kill with cubing. Where did y'all get he can't? He literally was going to kill August had August not had his hax lol.

What y’all not understanding is that playful Selene/20% Selene was still was able to get hurt from Suzaku. When acno was jobbing we didn’t see any type of damage nobody was able to put a scratch (Irene and jellal) now the question is can gildartz replicate those same feat? 2. is playful Selene stronger than august? If these points can be debunk then gildartz wins otherwise suzaku is till the winner.

@Axiomus one thing I disagree with is how easy base natsu is oneshottable. To me it isn’t impressive anymore we seen this happens to many time in this series so suzaku performing the feat isnt that great anymore
You are comparing a Dragon to the Dragon of Magic.... Y'know the one that immune to literally every form of magic except Natsu's PoF punch.

Suzaku is not as strong as 20% Selene. She literally fodderized him with baby magic and faked her defeat against him.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Coating himself in water doesn’t jive with what was drawn. He was completely translucent.
Thank you.

Thank you x2 lol.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Gildarts himself said that disassembly doesnt kill people when Happy thought Natsu died. Cubing doesnt slice people into peices. That's not what the magic does when it hits someone. What it actually does is turn them into dozens of miniatures. August was able to stop that from happening, but Suzaku doesnt have to. He is strong enough to just make his chibis fight. Who has Gildarts ever killed with dissassembly?

You guys are acting as if the damage Selene received wasnt real. It was. It's not like what we saw were illusions, which isn't even one of Selene's magic. The most you can argue is that Selene didnt make an effort to block and purposely took the attack. But that changes very little, because there is no functional difference between getting hit by an attack you couldn't react to, and choosing to take an attack with your defenses down. Imagine for a moment if Suzaku was so fast that Selene couldn't react to, and landed his slash before Irene could block. He'd inflict the same type of damage that he did in the last chapter. Now in reality, Selene can react to Suzaku, but it's not like anyone in this tournament has Selene's speed. Suzaku is gonna land hits on everyone here as if he was landing on Natsu or Erza....and everyone whose bodies arent as durable as Selene's human form gets cut.

Also, Selene crushed George in her dragon form, which would have significantly better physical stats than her human form anyways. Nobody in the tournament is even remotely comparable to an Acno tier in dragon form.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
Man this one is a close call. We know Suzaku is very strong based on his feats against Natsu/Erza but at the same time that was their first time fighting him. Both Natsu and Erza have been beat quickly by opponents in the past that they went on to defeat right after with no training/time passing in the story (FT power scaling at its best). Based on what we have seen Suzaku do we know he is strong. However, we also know that he is likely to lose to members of Fairy Tail in strength very soon.

Before this recent chapter Suzaku had the feat of fighting fairly evenly with a Dragon God but that is now completely unreliable. She faked the fight so we don't know what level of strength she was using at all so we can't use this fight to really say anything about Suzaku's strength.

Gildarts we also know is super strong and similar to other members of Fairy Tail he also will get stronger during a fight to overcome his opponent. He definitely would struggle against Suzaku but to me he would pull the win because he is Gildarts, a member of Fairy Tail. Heck he fought Bluenote fairly evenly but later on went to fight people way stronger. Gildarts role is to be one of FT top people so no matter what happens his power will scale to match the rest of them, so knowing how strong people like Natsu, Erza, and Laxus have gotten is a corollary to what we can expect from Gildarts in the current story. The only way I see Suzaku win this is if he joins Fairy Tail and gets the plot protection & random power ups the rest benefit from.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
you never did

she is selene tier LOL, you have yet to debunk me lmao

Acnos nukes is big enough to actually blow up a country (warren stated that acno already destroyed one) and aldoron is only small country sized and natsus fire only blew up a part of him, so acnos nuke>>>>>>>natsus

Nah your the real suzaku tard, you have wallpapers of his ass in your basement, you wish he was real so you can masturbate in his cum and say "Suzaku i am your biggest wanker!! please let me swim in your piss!!!"

your calling me an irene simp cause i am dropping facts? hey how about debunk them for once oh yeah you cant, irene still stomps selene and suzaku till someone prove she does not

and i am obsessed with irene? aren't you the one so obsessed with suzaku that you wish he came to reality so you can swim in his pool of cum and urine
Course I did, and it was easy, because unlike Jko or Nemispelled, you dont present anything that even remotely resembles an argument, you just cry about "Suzaku wank" and "Suzaku tards."

And right there is why you claiming Neinhart is Acno tier, is believable, Well done.

Acno having destroyed a country in the past doesn't mean he did it with a single nuke. Show me a panel of Acno's best feat. Oh and why should I believe Warren? What does he know of Acno? Less than Elseferia i'd wager :teehee

Gross, but not at all true, because unlike you, I don't spend %95 of my time here talking about Suzaku. I generally talk about other characters, unlike you.

Last edited:

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
i already said i would stop with the insults unless someone insults me

you never did

she is selene tier LOL, you have yet to debunk me lmao

Acnos nukes is big enough to actually blow up a country (warren stated that acno already destroyed one) and aldoron is only small country sized and natsus fire only blew up a part of him, so acnos nuke>>>>>>>natsus

Nah your the real suzaku tard, you have wallpapers of his ass in your basement, you wish he was real so you can masturbate in his cum and say "Suzaku i am your biggest wanker!! please let me swim in your piss!!!"

your calling me an irene simp cause i am dropping facts? hey how about debunk them for once oh yeah you cant, irene still stomps selene and suzaku till someone prove she does not

and i am obsessed with irene? aren't you the one so obsessed with suzaku that you wish he came to reality so you can swim in his pool of cum and urine

gildarts oneshots btws
>says will stop insulting
>continues to insult

Just Vex Haid things.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
No, Gild said the specific technique he used against Natsu doesn't kill which makes sense bcs why the heck would throw kill moves at Natsu? He however can kill people with Crash as seen with August about to die had it not been for his hax. We can literally see August not become chibifi instead we see him crumbling apart (as shown in the bottom corner) before he turned back into himself.
You even know he is crumbling apart (well apart from the obvious visuals) bcs the sound effect is literally crumble lol. Unlike the tech he used against Natsu which did not have "crumble" or "crack" sound effect. Plus him literally crashing spells into nothing already proves he doesn't just split things apart into "chibi" versions of their ability.
It's like saying Natsu can't burn people bcs he used a specific fire that doesn't.

Suzaku did not do anything to Selene besides a cheek cut. This was stated in the chapter. I dunno how you guys can say he is human Selene level when she literally stated that it was all a rouse to get to Kurungi's killer. Also she did not need Dragon form to kill George, she used it bcs he wanted to best her in it. She is sadistic and likes to make people believe they won only to pull the rug out from under them and trash that belief down the gutter.

If Suzaku actually majorly injured Selene in human form then she wouldn't be completely unharmed. Instead ends the chapter laughing at them for thinking they could actually best her. Y'know who actually harmed a DG, DF Natsu. How do we know that? Well Aldo didn't comeback to state that their fight was a farce bcs he is actually six feet under. Suzaku isn't DG tier, not even close. 50% Aldo wouldn't have died or even been moderately injured from that casual step she did on George lol.

DGs are also not even noted to be stronger or weaker in their human forms either. The assumption on pertains to Dragon Slayers yhat turned into dragons. Merc even stated Selene had the full magical power of a DG while she was only flexing her MP in human form and Aldo's human form was stated to be equal to his dragon form. So human Selene is equal to Dragon Selene unless specifically stated otherwise.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I don't know Suzaku, as I have read only the prequel. I'm not good at assessing power levels, too so ofc i might be biased. But from what i know, and how i understand things, at least up to what i have reached, Gildarts was the strongest mage, imo, that doesnt mean undefeatable, ofc, but i can't see anyone beat him.
we all know suzaku is gonna loose against erza in their rematch.. why is this even a debate
That ! That's the pattern i have always seen in Ft. And in my understanding Gildarts is still above Erza.

Status
Not open for further replies.