Theory - Gon's Mother | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Gon's Mother

HxHMangas32

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Re: Gon's mom anyone?

The manga never said such a thing..... Gin was about to elaborate on gon's mom but gon refused to hear about her. I don't recall the anime saying such a thing either. Also, she did NOT give gon to mito. Mito actually forced gin to give gon away, she fought for custody and stuff (If I do recall).
You can read it here : http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/65/05/
In the manga, mom's funeral do not appeared, but in the anime did. And you're right, Gon's mom DID NOT give Gon to mito, it was Gin who did it, i dont remember saying that -.- But Gon's mom is 100% dead.

The manga never said such a thing..... Gin was about to elaborate on gon's mom but gon refused to hear about her. I don't recall the anime saying such a thing either. Also, she did NOT give gon to mito. Mito actually forced gin to give gon away, she fought for custody and stuff (If I do recall).
I forgot, Mito didn´t fight for the custody and stuff :notrust Gin gave him to her along with the custody :p

Last edited:

Hunter2323

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
China
During Greed Island we saw a card twice called Pregnancy Stone where a person regardless of gender can become pregnant and choose the gender of the baby. After seeing that card large and clearly in one panel, I just felt like Gon doesn't have a mother, and that Ging was the one who was pregnant.

I know there's not much to go on but just a theory I wanted to throw out and hear others' thoughts.

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
i got once a theory for myself but forgot it. I think it was something like, that Gon ist the child of Ging and a Nencreated woman. Kinda like the "NPCS" in Greed Island and it would explain Gons hardcore talent and Nenamount, as he was feeded in the womb with "nen". ^^

With nen everything is possible.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I always thought that Gon's Mother IS the best Hunter/Nen User EVER and She is so hardcore that Ging every four years goes out to try find her. Maybe She's actually a bad girl and that's why She couldn't be with Gon without endangering him.

I know, too cliché...But I sorta like the idea.

Samui

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
During Greed Island we saw a card twice called Pregnancy Stone where a person regardless of gender can become pregnant and choose the gender of the baby. After seeing that card large and clearly in one panel, I just felt like Gon doesn't have a mother, and that Ging was the one who was pregnant.

I know there's not much to go on but just a theory I wanted to throw out and hear others' thoughts.
Wait, but it doesn't make much sense. Ging created Greed Island 10 years ago, Gon was born before that.

Unless I'm mistaken.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Perhaps a scenario similar to raizen's in yu yu hakusho? That is in my mind what happened with gon's mom. Ging met her and thought she was the coolest thing since sliced bread and feel head over hills for her. She died and was left with gon. As far as gon's talent, I think it is due to her dad more than anything (and perhaps his mom if she awesome enough to make ging fall for her). Ging was implied to be as talented as gon back in the day, its in his genes.

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I say Komugi is Gon's mother. Makes about as much sense any other scenario.

Remnant

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It never really did cross my mind - the pregnant thing in Greed Island. It was too... sad to know? Baaah, Hunter x Hunter could fill up more than the needed information and still keep you mind****ed.

Anyway, up until now, what I've always thought is that it's some strong Nen user. Like what Phantron said, it could be Komugi. But Komugi hasn't shown any signs that Gon's really her son, so yeah, I'm thinking that it could still be one of the 5 best Hunters in the current generation. (One of the 5 best Hunters is his father, right? Chances are his mother could be one of them. :O)

aroman504

Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica
Unfortunately we don't a lot of information to determine who GON's mother is.... yet. but I believe this is worth reading.

Greed Island was created 2 yrs after GON was born (Greed Island Nen-game has 10 yrs since his creaton, GON being 12 at this time), so the possibilities of GON being conceived through Greed Island are extremely low.

Also GON doesn't belong to the Zoldick family, this because it's would be so un-interesting if KILLUA and GON where brothers / related, if I have learned something about this author is that the thrill and the story line is so rich, that doing something as simple as making them brothers would greatly reduce the story popularity, and no benefit would come of it.

I read someone saying KOMUI was his mother, cmon really? She is a child, plus GING would not be interested in a person willing to suicide over loosing a game of Gungi.

The manga, and I will only refer to the manga which is the real author story line (Old anime has some things wrong, Illumi being a girl is an example and other stuff you can research on the internet). Mito told GON that both their parents are dead (LIE), we already know that GING is alive, chances of GON's mother being alive are very high due to the tape GING recorded, there is no sense on keeping GON's mother information from him if she is dead, this is one of the first indications/clues we should follow.

Also GING recording was going to tell GON about his real mother. It never reads, let me tell you about how she died or how she was, no past tence, it was a simple, let me tell you about your mother (GON stops the tape at this time). This is another clear indication she is alive, 99% to 1% chance.

Also Ging clearly states "they are separated", dont forget that GING also states that Hunters are greedy people willing to leave everything behind in order to achieve their goals, what you are about to read is only theory I deduced of GING's message to GON... Theory: His mother being a hunter and Ging being a hunter himself, had diferent paths to follow, so they got "separated" (don't assume separation as in a couple just because they conceived GON), they both left GON behind (as cruel as it sounds, remember hunters are greedy) in order for them to achieve their goals (couldn't possibly do it with GON on his/her side).

I'm pretty sure that, eventually, GON's mother will make her appearence, his dad already did, and her mother is an even greater mistery than GING, no other clues have been given, there is a reason for this and only the author will know, any other theories will only be specullation unless clues are seen on the manga.

Gon's mother may be the greatest hunt on the whole storyline, keep looking for clues!

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
i have a feelong gons mother is either dead lost

futurefrog

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Gon's mother is the World Tree.

mousiehamster

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
She left Ging's sorry ass because he was too much of a deadbeat bum and the bastard was always off excavating ruins instead of spending time with the family.

But anyway, not much evidence to speculate on. Three things to note:

- they "separated". This implies that the relationship was more than a one night stand (i assume the translation of "separated" from japanese is 100% accurate)

-the separation was NOT for an innocuous, justifiable reason, such as a nen curse or danger or whatnot. Otherwise, Ging would not have been hesitant to tell Gon the story in the tape.

- Gon's mom left the kid with Ging, instead of taking the kid away with her. What this means is that either: a.) she couldn't take Gon with her because she died or b.) she's even more irresponsible/indifferent than Ging. The only way to outdo Ging in terms of irresponsibility is to leave your only child with him in his care.

Last edited:

kenosecon

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
hello in the manga when the tape scene happens gin says this is a recording of your mom, the last thing I hav...
so she's probably dead... ;D probably a hunter too.

you know in hxh many hunters die... it's a dangerous job

wubikro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...from the Dark Continent? Just a hypothesis, but if you look at some of Togashi's trends, you'll see that he's a fan of recycling and refining plot ideas from his two previous series:

1. Greed Island was inspired from the RPG Island in Level E.

2. The relationship between Sensui and Itsuki from Yu Yu Hakusho is reminiscent of the relationship between Gon and Killua (the duality of light and darkness).

3. Chimera Ants inspired from the female ants in Level E.

4. Territory system from Yu Yu Hakusho most likely inspired the Nen system in Hunter x Hunter.

5. Last but not least, Yusuke's ancestral heritage traces back to the Demon World with Raizen. The last arc for Yu Yu Hakusho dealt with the coexistence of multiple realms (Demon, Spirit, Human) which resonates with the current Dark Continent arc, and how most people are unaware of the existence of these areas. During the final arc, it's revealed that Yusuke has a demon ancestor, and that this is where the majority of his strength comes from. When Yusuke found out about this, he left the Human realm to search for his ancestor in the Demon realm.

Now, maybe the reason why Ging is so intent on going to the Dark Continent is because Gon's mother is there? In fact, maybe she's the one that told Ging about the Dark Continent to begin with? It could possibly explain why Gon is such an oddball character, with extraordinary senses and growth potential, similar to Yusuke and his hidden demon strength.

What do you guys think?

kenosecon

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
I don't think so, when asked by mito ging just said we broke up so... I think its a girl like palm just too crazy to be around for a long time

futurefrog

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Gon's mother is the World Tree.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country