Theory - Gon's Mother | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Gon's Mother

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think the "we're separated" line is key. Most people presume their relationship ended but what if she got seperated physically from him? Perhaps the Dark Continent or some Nen prison made her physically seperated from him. I read theories Ging is trying to find her but it could mean she is there.

He's not interested in being a father but that doesn't mean his mother feels the same. Although, how come she hasn't reached out? :s

I don't think Ging got pregnant because the card delivers a stone, not a human and the game is over and Gon is alive. Plus, Ging wouldn't have said the mother was seperated.

lulukaruins

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
I have this theory back then that Sheila might be Gon's mother, and Pariston actually is Sheila's brother or sort. This idea comes to mind because of D Hunter Book and also there's theory back then that Pariston could be disguised as Sheila and the one who responsible for Kurta massacre. I was kind of shrug this idea because I think it's too cruel and far fetched. But when I read what Ging says in this page: https://mangalife.us/read-online/Hunter-X-Hunter-chapter-347-page-17.html I have this though that the 'bad history' he mentioned could be invovling Sheila (which could be Pariston sister) and that pregnancy stone too. lol, I know it's ridiculuous. But I jusy try to connecting the dot here... which might not exist at all.

- Pariston and Sheila resemblance
- Pariston and Ging complicated History
- Pregnancy (by stone) or maybe not could be the problem
- Sheila might got D Hunter Book from Ging
- Pariston somehow got information about Kurta village from Sheila
- Kurta massacre might be involving Pariston
- Sheila felt partly responsible and decide to search Kurta origin in her journey.
- D Book might be written by Don Freecss
- Kurta originally come from DC
- One of reason Ging go to DC is to find Sheila

It's too far fetch and easy to refute. Like for first D Hunter that was mentioned is not Don but some hunter by name Dino. And the book most likely never mentioned about Kurta origin or DC. And I have my doubt about Pariston being the mastermind of Kurta massacre.

I like this theory because of thougt that if Sheila is Gon mother then Kurapika somehow already conected to Gon before he knew it. Regardless, I really hope we can see Sheila again.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have this theory back then that Sheila might be Gon's mother, and Pariston actually is Sheila's brother or sort. This idea comes to mind because of D Hunter Book and also there's theory back then that Pariston could be disguised as Sheila and the one who responsible for Kurta massacre. I was kind of shrug this idea because I think it's too cruel and far fetched. But when I read what Ging says in this page: https://mangalife.us/read-online/Hunter-X-Hunter-chapter-347-page-17.html I have this though that the 'bad history' he mentioned could be invovling Sheila (which could be Pariston sister) and that pregnancy stone too. lol, I know it's ridiculuous. But I jusy try to connecting the dot here... which might not exist at all.

- Sheila felt partly responsible and decide to search Kurta origin in her journey.

It's too far fetch and easy to refute. Like for first D Hunter that was mentioned is not Don but some hunter by name Dino. And the book most likely never mentioned about Kurta origin or DC. And I have my doubt about Pariston being the mastermind of Kurta massacre.

I like this theory because of thougt that if Sheila is Gon mother then Kurapika somehow already conected to Gon before he knew it. Regardless, I really hope we can see Sheila again.
I don’t think it’s Sheila given the timeframe. The Kurta massacre was roughly five years before the initial timeline while Gon lived with Mito ten years. If she abandoned her duty as a mother it is possible but because we only know she was “separated” from Ging and isn't taking care of Gon, we can’t presume anything. I do believe the “ten years ago” and “separated” are the only hints we can go on.

It’s been discussed on the web that due to a lack of women no one really knows who could his mother. Some theories believe it’s Biscuit from the lack of women in this series. We can rule her out seeing as she’s 57 and takes the form of a 12 year old and never hinted knowing Gon. I believe that because there is a lack of women that no female introduced is his mother. It’s like Togashi wants to introduce her when the time is ready and to avoid speculation.

If she was a creator of Greed Island she could be one of the unknown names. I don’t think it’s Eta or her twin because they were the log in and log out people for so many years. Also, being a twin rules out that there was a relationship because they were viewed almost as one but only one can be the mother, not both.

lulukaruins

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
I also consider possibilty of Sheila being one of G.I creator. just forgot to mentioned it.
Yeah, another problem here is age. we don't know how old Sheila is when she met Kurapika.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I always felt Pariston is Gon's uncle. Not sure why, but a gut feeling given the things said. But if Pariston is involved, nothing good can come of it. The man's a sadistic monster on the inside.

Her being from the Dark Continent would make sense. Or perhaps she was kidnapped there. Ging may have already wanted to visit the DC anyway, but having his lover out there somewhere could be an added urgency for him to go. And would also explain exactly why he chose Beyond's group. Much, much more freedom, but not only to explore, but to find Gon's mother.

DDed

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam

Don't mind if I copy this and post on Reddit :) ?

lulukaruins

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
Don't mind if I copy this and post on Reddit :) ?
That's fine, but I already post it on reddit 1-2 years ago (don't really remember). not as detailed, though.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Also, in the anime at least, there is some weird dialogue between Pariston and Ging. Ging, the father, tells Pariston that he should go visit Gon. And Pariston at that point says, "there's no point, he isn't awake," or something like that. And later even during the election, in front a host of people, says that he is personally very worried for Gon.

That is... odd. Especially the scene with Ging. If he is the uncle, though, it makes sense he should be concerned.

unknownhxc

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Iceland
Gon mother is alive she was from the dark continent

duerlin

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Gon mother is alive she was from the dark continent
I think it is plausible.

The "death" theory doesn't relate to Gin's current state of mind. It would have meant a defeat for him. But still, imho, his confidence when Gon was on the verge of death does not indicate he went through something similar, and lost.

Youthintruth

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I always thought she was shizuku in the phantom troop