Theory - Gon's Mother | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Gon's Mother

mousiehamster

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Aren't there dozens of world trees out in the dark continent? And the one Gon climbed so happened to be a stunted version of the others too due to malnutrition not to mention being a tourist spot.

futurefrog

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Aren't there dozens of world trees out in the dark continent? And the one Gon climbed so happened to be a stunted version of the others too due to malnutrition not to mention being a tourist spot.
That tree is his aunt. His mother tree is in the Outside.

leavin

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
If you notice everyone whos met gon up to now all say there is something dark and fearsome about him.
And theres no limit to what he's willing to do! They all call him a BEAST! maybe gons mother is some kind of monster,maybe those two Dragons ging rode have some relations

futurefrog

Reaction score
Country
Australia
If you notice everyone whos met gon up to now all say there is something dark and fearsome about him.
And theres no limit to what he's willing to do! They all call him a BEAST! maybe gons mother is some kind of monster,maybe those two Dragons ging rode have some relations
Ging got frisky with the dragon?

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've always had the theory that Gon's mother was an alien or maybe from the Dark Continent. It would fit with all the Gon=Goku parallels and could make for an interesting villain.

FFuuu

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Would make sense if Gon's mother was a woman who originally came from the dark continent. And just like Gon searched for Ging, he was chasing for her all along.

...not a storyline I would like tho.

Riyuki

Reaction score
Country
United States
I watched the Hunter exam again today... and wow after watching it and seeing Illumi reveal himself I about shit my pants. Look at his hair guys.... it's initially thick, immeasurably long, black, and wavy like Gon when he went adult form. I think the above poster may actually be right about Gon being related to the zoldyicks... holy shit

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
anybody else think that the last recording of Gon's mom was just nagging?

also what if Gon's mom was from another place like you know Ging + human-like species from another place *just watch GoT Season 4 Ep 4 :P*

or you know if they are don't have a lot of back story that means they are just nothing just like Lee Shioon's Dad in Breaker :D

mioluva

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Re: Gon's mom anyone?

I was always under the impression that she died when Gon was really young. Why wouldn't his aunt tell him about his mother if the latter was still living. :)

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Gon's mom anyone?

I was always under the impression that she died when Gon was really young. Why wouldn't his aunt tell him about his mother if the latter was still living. :)
I don't think she knew her. Gon is related to her aunt via her dad who is her cousin. Gin kinda just showed up at the island with gon and then she took him in.

chess4

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gon's aunt said that Gin said that He and Gon's mother were separated right. Gin is super strong and I am sure there is no where in the "regular world" he cannot go. The only logical choice would be that she is in the Dark Continent. Mothers do not usually part with there kids, so it must have been a reason. Maybe she knew that Gon and Gin as they were could not survive in the Dark Continent, and that why Gin has been preparing himself and Gon for a return there.

Gin has set plans in motion for Gon to get stronger. I bet Gon's mother is some type of royalty in the Dark Continent. Remember Togashi wrote Yu yu hakusho, and most Manga artist, who have more than manga of great length, usually have parallels between the 2 stories. Just how Yusuke's ancestor was a super strong demon general, it will be similar in this case as well

Arbalest

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
i seriously doubt that gon' mother is irrelevant to the story she could be as in for now but i've got a feeling that later on she'll make an appearance ,if you fallow the logic of hxh we've seen netero from the start and he didn't seem that powerfull until you get to ant arc and you see he's been the strongest for a long time after that we get ging and pariston a whole new league until you finally see ging's confessing that he's not strong enough for the dark continent in conclusion what seem irrelevant in it's current arc doesn't mean it would be so in future ones, gon's mom she just can't be a regular woman the dude is way too powerful and intellectuel to settle for that so my money is on chess4's theory she's propably one of the top 5 nen users an elite or royalty in the Dark Continent.
also i think when gon cut off the tape it wasn't gonna say she's dead, i'm guessing it was aa spoiler which we'll get back to it when the time for it will come

Last edited:

Yasmin Wahab

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Unfortunately we don't a lot of information to determine who GON's mother is.... yet. but I believe this is worth reading.

Greed Island was created 2 yrs after GON was born (Greed Island Nen-game has 10 yrs since his creaton, GON being 12 at this time), so the possibilities of GON being conceived through Greed Island are extremely low.

Also GON doesn't belong to the Zoldick family, this because it's would be so un-interesting if KILLUA and GON where brothers / related, if I have learned something about this author is that the thrill and the story line is so rich, that doing something as simple as making them brothers would greatly reduce the story popularity, and no benefit would come of it.

I read someone saying KOMUI was his mother, cmon really? She is a child, plus GING would not be interested in a person willing to suicide over loosing a game of Gungi.

The manga, and I will only refer to the manga which is the real author story line (Old anime has some things wrong, Illumi being a girl is an example and other stuff you can research on the internet). Mito told GON that both their parents are dead (LIE), we already know that GING is alive, chances of GON's mother being alive are very high due to the tape GING recorded, there is no sense on keeping GON's mother information from him if she is dead, this is one of the first indications/clues we should follow.

Also GING recording was going to tell GON about his real mother. It never reads, let me tell you about how she died or how she was, no past tence, it was a simple, let me tell you about your mother (GON stops the tape at this time). This is another clear indication she is alive, 99% to 1% chance.

Also Ging clearly states "they are separated", dont forget that GING also states that Hunters are greedy people willing to leave everything behind in order to achieve their goals, what you are about to read is only theory I deduced of GING's message to GON... Theory: His mother being a hunter and Ging being a hunter himself, had diferent paths to follow, so they got "separated" (don't assume separation as in a couple just because they conceived GON), they both left GON behind (as cruel as it sounds, remember hunters are greedy) in order for them to achieve their goals (couldn't possibly do it with GON on his/her side).

I'm pretty sure that, eventually, GON's mother will make her appearence, his dad already did, and her mother is an even greater mistery than GING, no other clues have been given, there is a reason for this and only the author will know, any other theories will only be specullation unless clues are seen on the manga.

Gon's mother may be the greatest hunt on the whole storyline, keep looking for clues!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
i really like theory

Yasmin Wahab

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
i think she is alive but her status being a hunter or not is still a mystery. This is still a theory of mine she's probably was sick after giving birth to gon and also a reason why ging and her were separated and can't take care of her son and ask ging to take care of her son a.k.a. Gon. If she is a hunter she can use nen and when Gon becomes a hunter she probably searching for Gon and Ging and apologise to gon for not being a good mother.After she is cured of her sickness.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
If she was a hunter, wouldn't that mean she would have been present at the chairman elections? Well, there were missing hunters IIRC however you'd think the sort of woman ging would be interested in would be more than exceptional, someone whose absence would be at least acknowledged. I don't think gon's mother was a hunter, otherwise there would have been more hints toward her by now. A vague suspicion by someone at the association, a vague resemblance... anything. Gon's mother, rather than someone gin met at the association, should be someone whom he met in his travels.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think she is dead. She was probably one of the companions he met for his projects.

ShiranuiShiranai

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The closest creature I can think of from the Dark Continent as Gon's mother is a female version of Brion. Ging probably met a female Brion in a human form in their world then left him with Gon and then head back to Dark Continent. More than what Ging mentioned why he pursued becoming a Relic Hunter, one of the other motivation could be to become a hunter skilled enough to explore the ruins guarded by Brion, just so he could meet with Gon's mother again.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The closest creature I can think of from the Dark Continent as Gon's mother is a female version of Brion. Ging probably met a female Brion in a human form in their world then left him with Gon and then head back to Dark Continent. More than what Ging mentioned why he pursued becoming a Relic Hunter, one of the other motivation could be to become a hunter skilled enough to explore the ruins guarded by Brion, just so he could meet with Gon's mother again.
And Ging would decide to have a kid with that Brion?(Assuming it's possible in the first place) Even from someone as crazy as him I can't imagine this. Ai and Papu are the only calamities which affected them too. The others are stored and hidden by the government. At least according to what Ging said.

khouji

Reaction score
Country
United States
I stopped reading Hunter x Hunter after the voting of the next Chairman of Hunter Association. Gon's mother is the sister of her Aunt Mito (the lady who took care of him when his father left him) right?

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I stopped reading Hunter x Hunter after the voting of the next Chairman of Hunter Association. Gon's mother is the sister of her Aunt Mito (the lady who took care of him when his father left him) right?
We don't know his biological mother.