Group - Group B | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group B

Group B: Pick your top 4!

• Freed Justine

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Jacob Lessio

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 51 85.0%
  • Kiria

Votes: 29 48.3%
  • Mimi

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Mirajane Strauss

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 54 90.0%
  • Wendy Marvell

Votes: 25 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Voting Rules:
  • The group stage is a battle royale. The four fighters with the most votes in one group will advance.
  • You may vote for up to four (4) characters in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion and voting will end on: August 7th.

GROUP B - CHARACTERS

1. Natsu's magic/abilities that gain power from outside sources are banned, which are: Seven Flame Dragon's Iron Fist, Black Fire Dragon Mode, Dragon God's Brilliant Flame, Igneel's magic power, and Ignia's magic power. To avoid confusions, Fire Dragon King Mode is allowed, but Igneel's magic power is banned. E.N.D. is also banned.

Last edited:

Orphan Prince

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Is Transport allowed? Because clap hax is pretty much the only thing that let's Jacob hang with these guys.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Is Transport allowed? Because clap hax is pretty much the only thing that let's Jacob hang with these guys.
I allow it, as I think it's slow af to cast and there are other 7 contenders who can go to any directions

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Natsu, Jellal, Mirajane and Kyria move on, in that order. Transport couldn't beat human Mirajane, so I'm not really worried about it.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
1. Natsu Dragneel
2. Jellal Fernandez
3. Mira Strauss
4. Kyria

I think 1 and 2 are self explanatory.
Natsu is clearly the strongest here. DF Natsu solos the entire group.

If DF is restricted, his next best form is FDKM. I consider FDKM Natsu to be Jellal tier, the fight between them can go either way, though I favor Natsu here.

Deciding 3 and 4 was what was more challenging to me. It was hard to pick the rankings between Mira, Kyria and Jacob.

In pure stats Mira is above Kyria, but Kyria isn't too far behind either. She was strong enough to give Erza (without enchantments) a mid-high diff battle. Kyria also has better hax.

Mira has macro as a hax, but even some fodders in Alverez arc resisted it. I won't be considering Marco as a deciding factor here.

Jacob Statham is considerably weaker than these two in pure stats, but he is the most hax mage in the group. Stealth + Transport combo is almost impossible to stop if not for PIS/CIS. I'm doubtful whether Mira and Kyria are high in MP to the point where clap hax would be ineffective on them.
But in the end, I'm giving benefit of the doubt to Mira and Kyria. Though, if clap hax works, he should be number 3

So for now, Mira and Kyria for last two spots. I'm not entirely convinced of this, so feel free to change my opinion :)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Freed is also a possibility though. If he can cast a Jutsu shiki rune barrier around him and wait it out, he clears too lmao. It depends if he is fast enough to cast it before others get to him.

So, now 4 candidates are contesting for last two spots. At least IMO

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Only Wendy is worthy.

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Natsu, Jellal, Kyria, and Mirajane move on, they're easily the four strongest characters here.

I was tempted to choose Jacob for Transport alone, but any of the four I chose could casually beat him, Mira one-shotted him in BSS, so I think he could be taken down casually by most of the characters here, he's not very smart, so, I can see him being taken out before he could use Transport, plus, he wouldn't even be able to look at Kyria or Mirajane (depending on her soul).

Last edited:

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Natsu, Jellal, Kyria, and Mirajane move on, they're easily the four strongest characters here.

I was tempted to choose Jacob for Transport alone, but any of the four I chose could easily blitz him, Mira one-shotted him in BSS, so I think he could be taken down casually by most of the characters here, he's not very smart, so, I can see him being taken out before he could use Transport, plus, he wouldn't even be able to look at Kyria or Mirajane (depending on her soul).
No PIS/CIS here. Rules state we assume characters are bloodlusted and use their abilities to maximum potential.

If you think Jacob's hax can work on any character, no reason why he wouldn't one shot them. Nobody except Natsu starting in DF or Jellal starting in meteor is fast enough to blitz and one shot him before he could at least go invis and clap a SINGLE time. And those two characters are clearly above Jacob's tier to the point we can safely assume the hax wouldn't even work on them.

I think clap hax is definitely something to be considered for anyone except those two.
I think Mira has improved enough to resist it, but if you think it works on her, Jacob should one shot

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
If you think Jacob's hax can work on any character, no reason why he wouldn't one shot them. Nobody except Natsu starting in DF or Jellal starting in meteor is fast enough to blitz and one shot him before he could at least go invis and clap a SINGLE time. And those two characters are clearly above Jacob's tier to the point we can safely assume the hax wouldn't even work on them.
Okay, I may have exaggerated when I said they could "blitz" him, but I still think Kyria or Mira could beat Jacob comfortably,

I think clap hax is definitely something to be considered for anyone except those two.
Strength-Cutter is another thing that could be useful, I think Kyria has enough MP to use it on anyone here since she was able to use it on Erza,

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
In first - Im not trolling. I just don't see any fun in making the same characters win every tournament.

My choice - Mirajane, Jellal, Freed and Wendy.

Natsu is out for obvious reason, what is the point even have him in the tournament?

Mirajane is likely the strongest here. If we assume she is even to Erza (and I think she is), that should mean she is also Laxus tier. And she has far more attack power than Erza, but lack in stamina and durability. Well, she is definitely fast enough to outmatch most here. She was faster than Racer and Freed.

Jellal. I think this one doesn't require an explanation xd

Freed is most likely the second in battle speed here. Speed casting is literally his eye ability like his other "eye" friends'. He should be able to cast runes before someone oneshots him xd. Also, he was able to stand against Mira for some time. Yeah, she is much stronger now, and even then she was too strong for him, but he doesn't need to beat her. He just need to beat others or even wait for the final moment under rune protection.

Wendy is not the fastest, is not the strongest, is not smart (maybe). But if she gets some time, she might be able to erase someone's magic. She is clearly the weakest one here, but also has potential to nodiff everyone in 1 on 1 fight. Yeah, I know, I hate POF. But Wendy is not about POF. She is about stupidly BS OP xd

bugen

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
1-Natsu
2-Jellal
3-Mirajane
4-Kyria

Kaneki Dragneel

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I voted for Wendy mainly because she still has Irene with her

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Natsu,Freed,Jacob and Wendy(if she has Irene she is easly top 3 material)

lakhan220

Reaction score
Country
India
:notrust Instead of individual one on one, think of this as a teamwork. Wendy may be comparatively weaker to others in opp team, but she has enhancement on her side and also dragon force, which may help her hold her own.
But even more so than tht , she can enchant the people from her team and also use deus one,deus corona and zero spells to create trouble for opp team. I don't need to say how she fares in her enchanting skills , evident from battle against irene..she would be a huge boost for the team and disadvantage for opp team, like for say making erza's armors explode.
She shld be included in the list.

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
she can enchant the people from her team and also use deus one,deus corona and zero spells to create trouble for opp team. I don't need to say how she fares in her enchanting skills , evident from battle against irene..she would be a huge boost for the team and disadvantage for opp team.
I agree, whichever team gets Wendy has a huge advantage over the other, she's without a doubt the ultimate support mage.

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States
1. Natsu (Obvious)
2. Jellal (Arguably the fastest in the entire verse ignoring God tiers)
3. Mira
4. Kyria (Gave Erza some trouble and her hypnosis hax is pretty solid)

Last edited:

Kaneki Dragneel

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
In first - Im not trolling. I just don't see any fun in making the same characters win every tournament.

My choice - Mirajane, Jellal, Freed and Wendy.

Natsu is out for obvious reason, what is the point even have him in the tournament?

Mirajane is likely the strongest here. If we assume she is even to Erza (and I think she is), that should mean she is also Laxus tier. And she has far more attack power than Erza, but lack in stamina and durability. Well, she is definitely fast enough to outmatch most here. She was faster than Racer and Freed.

Jellal. I think this one doesn't require an explanation xd

Freed è molto probabilmente il secondo in velocità di battaglia qui. Lo speed casting è letteralmente la sua abilità visiva come quella degli altri suoi amici "occhi". Dovrebbe essere in grado di lanciare rune prima che qualcuno gli spari xd. Inoltre, è stato in grado di resistere a Mira per un po' di tempo. Sì, ora è molto più forte, e anche allora era troppo forte per lui, ma non ha bisogno di batterla. Ha solo bisogno di battere gli altri o anche aspettare l'ultimo momento sotto la protezione runica.

Wendy non è la più veloce, non è la più forte, non è intelligente (forse). Ma se trova un po' di tempo, potrebbe essere in grado di cancellare la magia di qualcuno. Lei è chiaramente la più debole qui, ma ha anche il potenziale per far saltare tutti in uno scontro 1 contro 1. Sì, lo so, odio il POF. Ma Wendy non parla di POF. Si tratta stupidamente di BS OP xd
[/CITAZIONE]
however it is true I think we have to dare a limit to Natsu, otherwise I think you are right

aymen24

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Considering that Irene is with Wendy....
This puts a possibility
natsu.jellal.mira

lakhan220

Reaction score
Country
India
Ah guys, mira has macro allowed, so why not choose her and go for kyria ? At the very least, she can take out at least one troublesome character from each team (can insinuate infighting or self damaging) + also command using macro to become more powerful
Now imagine if need arises, wendy is enchanting team and at same time also weakening opponents, and to top it off, mira uses macro on natsu and commands him to become even more powerful, just imagine DF + enchanting enhancement + command enhancement on natsu....he could become trump card for them surpassing multiple characters from opp team combined (possibly natsu even more powerful than one who used savage emotions flame :lmao )

Imo
Mira is better option here than kyria and also she is a damn good fighter too.
So, my choice would be

Natsu
Jellal (can't believe i m choosing this one ffs)
Mira
wendy

even some fodders in Alverez arc resisted it
like who again ? don't remember after this long.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Okay, I may have exaggerated when I said they could "blitz" him, but I still think Kyria or Mira could beat Jacob comfortably,

Strength-Cutter is another thing that could be useful, I think Kyria has enough MP to use it on anyone here since she was able to use it on Erza,
Based on pure stats yes. But not if clap hax works on them, in which case Jacob wins.
For me, it all depends on whether they are powerful enough to resist his clap or not. If they are, it's a no brainier that they win. Or else Jacob will

Maybe. I think it's faster for Jacob to clap than for Kyria to cast a shockwave
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

:notrust Instead of individual one on one, think of this as a teamwork. Wendy may be comparatively weaker to others in opp team, but she has enhancement on her side and also dragon force, which may help her hold her own.
But even more so than tht , she can enchant the people from her team and also use deus one,deus corona and zero spells to create trouble for opp team. I don't need to say how she fares in her enchanting skills , evident from battle against irene..she would be a huge boost for the team and disadvantage for opp team, like for say making erza's armors explode.
There is no teamwork here, is there? By rules nobody acts "in character" here and tries their best to win.

In team battles yeah, Wendy is OP
--- Double Post Merged, ---

like who again ? don't remember after this long.
She used it on a bunch of fodders in the beginning of the arc, and some resisted. Should be in around the chapters where Ajeel vs Erza happened
--- Double Post Merged, ---

1. Natsu (Obvious)
2. Jellal (Arguably the fastest in the entire verse ignoring God tiers)
3. Kyria (Gave Erza some trouble and her hypnosis hax is pretty solid)
4. Wendy (reasons above as to why she's so critical in a team setting)
How would Wendy, even with Eileen, win against Mira?

Unless you mean to suggest that the top three would protect Wendy and take out others, ensuring her position. Otherwise Wendy gets destroyed by a lot of contenders here

Status
Not open for further replies.