Group - Group C Battle Royale | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group C Battle Royale

Which 4 Characters advance to the next round?

• Ajeel Ramal

Votes: 46 76.7%
  • Jura Neekis

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Juvia Lockser

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Kagura Mikazuchi

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 56 93.3%
  • Lucy Heartfilia

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Mard Geer Tartarus

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Mirajane Strauss

Votes: 26 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
What you want hear? Mira deal more damage to Sayla than Erza to her opponent. Before Kyouka take Sayla last power.
So this is how Erza vs Kyouka all went down.

Please show me how much damage Mirajane did to Sayla.

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
So this is how Erza vs Kyouka all went down.

Please show me how much damage Mirajane did to Sayla.
Ahaha, Mira didnt make any kick to Sayla in manga pages:XD but:
1. Her bro knokout Sayla with one attack for sometime.
2. Sayla use her limitless form to fight with Mira.
3. Mira survives in this battle.
4. big part of battle we didnt see on pages, while they appear in command room. And they were halfdeath.
5. Miras takeover blow whole hells core.
6. Saylas attacks blow more than E+K

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to prove that Ajeel and Jura won't have a chance to survive Meteor Blade if they were defeated by such weak spells. Please, don't tell me you think Jura would tank Meteor Blade while he couldn't tank Roaring Thunder.

Laxus, Mirajane, Mard Geer and the Celestial Spirit King can oneshot Ajeel.

Wahl is a lot stronger than Ajeel and Laxus defeated him in a bad state. Ajeel is fodder compared to every other Spriggan. His magic is just pointless compared to Di Maria and Brandish.
Lol wut?..... You do realise that Jura had tanked a couple of Laxus spells during the fight, we didn't get to see the fight fully but it seemed like it was back and forth until Laxus landed Roaring Thunder. Also how the hell can you call Roaring Thunder a weak spell? The chances of CSK landing that Attack on Ajeel especially when Ajeel has something like Sand world are really really small. We've seen that is very mobile when he blitzed Orga, CSK couldn't land an attack on Mard, so he can't land attacks on mobile opponents........ Ajeel is very mobile as is Jura.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
4. big part of battle we didnt see on pages, while they appear in command room. And they were halfdeath.
Sure, Elfman managed to knock out Sayla, but that was Elfman. Doesn't that mean Erza ended up doing more damage to Kyouka than Mirajane did Sayla?

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Sure, Elfman managed to knock out Sayla, but that was Elfman. Doesn't that mean Erza ended up doing more damage to Kyouka than Mirajane did Sayla?
Yeah, right. Mira didnt punch her a time. But in other side, Mira take more damage from Sayla than anybody in Tartaros battle besides Lucy. Erza has the best stamina in manga, she took much damage, but she didnt damage Kyouka so much. She deal last attack. But not overall damage.

Sorry, its hard for me to speak english, I can make some (a lot of) mistakes:^_^

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly I have no idea why there is this thought process that Ajeel is fodder, there is no proof of that. Plus I don't think there is anyone in this round that could one shot Ajeel including Laxus, there is no guarantee that Laxus would have oneshotted Ajeel with his "lightning nuke". It would have hurt him no question, but oneshotted? I think not, and there is no proof to say otherwise. Just my thought's though, so who knows.

Last edited:

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Honestly I have no idea why there is this thought process that Ajeel is fodder, there is no proof of that. Plus I don't think there is anyone in this round that could one shot Ajeel including Laxus, there is no guarantee that Laxus would have oneshotted Ajeel with his "lightning nuke". It would have hurt him no question, but oneshotted? I think not, and there is no proof to say otherwise.
Ajeel's face and the fact August stepped in implies this a bit, though I tend to lean towards it would have just fucked him a lot but Red Lightning would one shot Ajeel.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ajeel's face and the fact August stepped in implies this a bit, though I tend to lean towards it would have just fucked him a lot but Red Lightning would one shot Ajeel.
Perhaps, but we really just don't know how Laxus's lightning would interact with Ajeel's sand. It was implied it would damage him though, so i agree with that.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Lol wut?..... You do realise that Jura had tanked a couple of Laxus spells during the fight, we didn't get to see the fight fully but it seemed like it was back and forth until Laxus landed Roaring Thunder. Also how the hell can you call Roaring Thunder a weak spell? The chances of CSK landing that Attack on Ajeel especially when Ajeel has something like Sand world are really really small. We've seen that is very mobile when he blitzed Orga, CSK couldn't land an attack on Mard, so he can't land attacks on mobile opponents........ Ajeel is very mobile as is Jura.
I have a question. Do you seriously think Jura could tank such a powerful spell als Meteor Blade? If you do, do you think he is some kind of god?

Did I call Roaring Thunder a weak spell?

The Celestial Spirit King won't have a problem with Sand World. He'll just swing his sword around and he has an open field.

Yes, he didn't land an attack at Mard Geer. But Mard Geer >>>>> Jura.

Honestly I have no idea why there is this thought process that Ajeel is fodder, there is no proof of that. Plus I don't think there is anyone in this round that could one shot Ajeel including Laxus, there is no guarantee that Laxus would have oneshotted Ajeel with his "lightning nuke". It would have hurt him no question, but oneshotted? I think not, and there is no proof to say otherwise. Just my thought's though, so who knows.
Ajeel is fodder compared to every other Spriggan, you can't deny it. His magic is pointless against the other Spriggans. In this battle royale, he is fodder to Laxus, Mard Geer and the Celestial Spirit King.

Laxus would've oneshotted Ajeel with his lightning nuke. There is no way how he could survived such a power spell.

Last edited:

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
^I do not agree here. Although the nature of Ajeel's magic has some weaknesses, his sheer magical power is enormous and the things he can do with it are simply out of the world. Therefore I do not think Laxus' lightning nuke could've oneshot him, no matther how strong it is. August and Irene aside, all the other spriggans are more or less in the same level (i.e. God Serena's level), there are no fodder among them.

THM Nindo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ajeel is FAR from being fodder.
If he isn't in the top 4 of group C, there's a big problem with the tournament process...

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
^I do not agree here. Although the nature of Ajeel's magic has some weaknesses, his sheer magical power is enormous and the things he can do with it are simply out of the world. Therefore I do not think Laxus' lightning nuke could've oneshot him, no matther how strong it is. August and Irene aside, all the other spriggans are more or less in the same level (i.e. God Serena's level), there are no fodder among them.
Do you really think Ajeel is on par with mages like Di Maria, Brandish, Jacob and God Serena? He is nothing compared to them. He is the only low tier from the Spriggan Twelve. If you disagree, then tell me how he could surpass all the others.

If he isn't in the top 4 of group C, there's a big problem with the tournament process...
Ajeel is fodder when it comes to the other Spriggans. Laxus is stronger than him because he could defeat someone who is a lot stronger than him, Mira is stronger than him thanks to Seilah Soul, Mard Geer is stronger than him thanks to Memento Mori and I don't need to say a lot about the Celestial Spirit King. So no, Ajeel shouldn't be in the top 4.

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Do you really think Ajeel is on par with mages like Di Maria, Brandish, Jacob and God Serena? He is nothing compared to them. He is the only low tier from the Spriggan Twelve. If you disagree, then tell me how he could surpass all the others.

Ajeel is fodder when it comes to the other Spriggans. Laxus is stronger than him because he could defeat someone who is a lot stronger than him, Mira is stronger than him thanks to Seilah Soul, Mard Geer is stronger than him thanks to Memento Mori and I don't need to say a lot about the Celestial Spirit King. So no, Ajeel shouldn't be in the top 4.
Of course I think so. If he wasn't so cocky he could've finished off Erza with his "sand world". As I said the sheer magical power he pocesses makes him worthy to be a spriggan, thus he totally deserves his place among the 4 best here : Mira wouldn't have the stamina to keep up with him, unlike Erza. For Juvia, it's true she has elemental advantage, but the difference in their magical power would make it unsignificant. Kagura is a weaker version of Erza, and she doesn't even have Neptune's sword. And finally Lucy, I don't think she would get an opportunity to summon CSK, but then again Ajeel is very cocky so he'll probably underestimate her and give her the time to do so.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Of course I think so. If he wasn't so cocky he could've finished off Erza with his "sand world". As I said the sheer magical power he pocesses makes him worthy to be a spriggan, thus he totally deserves his place among the 4 best here : Mira wouldn't have the stamina to keep up with him, unlike Erza. For Juvia, it's true she has elemental advantage, but the difference in their magical power would make it unsignificant. Kagura is a weaker version of Erza, and she doesn't even have Neptune's sword. And finally Lucy, I don't think she would get an opportunity to summon CSK, but then again Ajeel is very cocky so he'll probably underestimate her and give her the time to do so.
Every Spriggan could solo Erza. But Ajeel had a tough fight against her, while any other Spriggan will oneshot her or defeat her pretty easy.

Mira would just use Seilah Soul against him. Bye Ajeel.

I'm not going to start about Juvia again. Haters gonna hate.

She'll summon the Celestial Spirit King and then Ajeel doesn't stand a chance. Unless you're trying to say he could tank his Meteor Blade.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Mirajane barely did any damage to Sayla. She was completely overpowered in direct combat, and won by controlling Elfman. On the other hand, Erza faced down Kyouka in direct combat and won. Kyouka is no weaker than Sayla. This attack is Erza tunneling a hole through cube. That's easily just as impressive as Sayla's attack.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Exactly, I have no idea why people say Ajeel is fodder. Brandish was recognized by as having more magical power than anyone Fairy Tail has ever met, and Ajeel was said to be the same as Brandish. When Erza saw Ajeel using sand world, she remarked that having the ability to shrink an island and cover a city in a sandstorm places the Spriggans above any opponent they have ever faced. Hiro himself says that the Spriggan 12 are the strongest opponents in the series yet.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Exactly, I have no idea why people say Ajeel is fodder. Brandish was recognized by as having more magical power than anyone Fairy Tail has ever met, and Ajeel was said to be the same as Brandish. When Erza saw Ajeel using sand world, she remarked that having the ability to shrink an island and cover a city in a sandstorm places the Spriggans above any opponent they have ever faced. Hiro himself says that the Spriggan 12 are the strongest opponents in the series yet.
Brandish her magic is a lot more powerful and hax than Ajeel's magic. Ajeel will be oneshotted by her if she uses her magic like it should be used in a fight. Ajeel is fodder compared to Brandish. So is he compared to all the other Spriggans.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a question. Do you seriously think Jura could tank such a powerful spell als Meteor Blade? If you do, do you think he is some kind of god?

Did I call Roaring Thunder a weak spell?

The Celestial Spirit King won't have a problem with Sand World. He'll just swing his sword around and he has an open field.

Yes, he didn't land an attack at Mard Geer. But Mard Geer >>>>> Jura.

Ajeel is fodder compared to every other Spriggan, you can't deny it. His magic is pointless against the other Spriggans. In this battle royale, he is fodder to Laxus, Mard Geer and the Celestial Spirit King.

Laxus would've oneshotted Ajeel with his lightning nuke. There is no way how he could survived such a power spell.
I get that you have strong opinion here, but i can deny that Ajeel is fodder quite easily. I have provided the reasoning as to why I believe he is on par with the other Spriggans, as have others. You can't guarantee that Laxus would have one shotted him, none of us can. When Mashima the creator of FT outright says that the Spriggan 12 are the strongest enemies ever seen in the story, then how can you say otherwise? This is not a case where Mashima made Ajeel look weak, and therefore we can say Mashima is feeding us bs. Ajeel can literally create a sand storm so large that no one can even see in this battle royal, except him. Explain to me where in the manga, Juvia or really anyone else has shown they can counter that type of sheer power.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I get that you have strong opinion here, but i can deny that Ajeel is fodder quite easily. I have provided the reasoning as to why I believe he is on par with the other Spriggans, as have others. You can't guarantee that Laxus would have one shotted him, none of us can. When Mashima the creator of FT outright says that the Spriggan 12 are the strongest enemies ever seen in the story, then how can you say otherwise? This is not a case where Mashima made Ajeel look weak, and therefore we can say Mashima is feeding us bs. Ajeel can literally create a sand storm so large that no one can even see in this battle royal, except him. Explain to me where in the manga, Juvia or really anyone else has shown they can counter that type of sheer power.
If you don't think Ajeel is fodder compared to the other Spriggans than I have a question. Who do you think will win this fights:

Ajeel vs. Brandish
Ajeel vs. Di Maria
Ajeel vs. God Serena
Ajeel vs. Jacob

To me it seems pretty obvious.

Brandish > Ajeel (oneshot)
Di Maria > Ajeel (oneshot)
God Serena > Ajeel (mid diff)
Jacob > Ajeel (oneshot)

Conclusion: Ajeel is fodder compared to the other Spriggans.

Juvia won't defeat Ajeel in an one-on-one fight, but she will make him scream once he doesn't pay attention at her during this battle royale.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
If you don't think Ajeel is fodder compared to the other Spriggans than I have a question. Who do you think will win this fights:

Ajeel vs. Brandish
Ajeel vs. Di Maria
Ajeel vs. God Serena
Ajeel vs. Jacob

To me it seems pretty obvious.

Brandish > Ajeel (oneshot)
Di Maria > Ajeel (oneshot)
God Serena > Ajeel (mid diff)
Jacob > Ajeel (oneshot)

Conclusion: Ajeel is fodder compared to the other Spriggans.

Juvia won't defeat Ajeel in an one-on-one fight, but she will make him scream once he doesn't pay attention at her during this battle royale.
See I don't think that is necessarily the case. The way I look at it is we all judge these things based off of 3 main things. Portrayal, facts(as in what actually gets showed in the manga) and finally are personal bias. The portrayal here is obvious imo, he is a member of the Spriggan 12 the strongest enemies ever faced by FT as stated by Mashima himself. It was also stated by Gray when they met Ajeel that his magic power was on par with Brandish, someone who can shrink an island to a rock beneath her feet. The facts are that Ajeel would have killed Erza had the Jupiter cannon not intervened, someone who is recognized as being one of FT most diverse fighters. I think ultimately you just don't see Ajeel putting up a fight against the other Spriggans or certain mages for various reasons because you have a bit of a bias about your interpretation of him. Now that's not bad, and honestly none of us know how these fights would go, as they have never, and probably will never happen. To me I don't honestly know how the Spriggans magic would interact, I can say my opinion, but there is really no backing behind it like I said. I think Ajeels Sand World would give anyone trouble honestly, barring the top tiers like Zeref and Acno. I think this is why when it comes to comparisons between the Spriggans I rely more on portrayal, rather than my own bias of what magic would be used first, or how this magic would counter that one. As such I believe that Ajeel is on par with the others, as are all the Spriggans other than Irene and August. He may not do well against certain Spriggans, that's fair, but because we have not seen these fights I think it is hard for all of us to make those calls.

Siniten

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Momento Mori is all hype. Mard said that it would be capable of killing Zeref, and Zeref denied Mard's ability to kill him. Natsu is already a demon, so it's debatable if Momento Mori would have killed Natsu if being a demon was the only thing that lets you survive it. At best, Momento Mori could have killed Natsu and Gray. At worst, it would have only killed Gray. Other than that, MM is a big nuke and everything else is hype. Macro didn't work against Wahl's robot. Highly unlikely it's going to work against a full fledged Spriggan. Mirajane's strongest form is Sayla, who got taken out in a single hit by Elfman. Nobody other than Laxus is oneshotting Ajeel, and even that is a maybe. August deemed it as an attack that may have done so, which is a claim Ajeel denied.

I was comparing durability. Explain to me why Ajeel's durability is weaker than Jacob, Dimaria, or Brandish.
Ajeel can bury someone in a wave of sand, cover a city in a sandstorm, or dehydrate someone to the point of exhaustion.
At worst, it would just kill Natsu not because as you said it's debateable whether MM will work on him being demon or not. Gray on the other hand has an advantage of absorbing it through his magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.