Group - Group C Battle Royale | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group C Battle Royale

Which 4 Characters advance to the next round?

• Ajeel Ramal

Votes: 46 76.7%
  • Jura Neekis

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Juvia Lockser

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Kagura Mikazuchi

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 56 93.3%
  • Lucy Heartfilia

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Mard Geer Tartarus

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Mirajane Strauss

Votes: 26 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
At worst, it would just kill Natsu not because as you said it's debateable whether MM will work on him being demon or not. Gray on the other hand has an advantage of absorbing it through his magic.
The scenario is if Gray hadn't demonized. We don't really know if Momento Mori simply doesn't work on demons. If it doesn't, then the spell would have only killed Gray had he not demonized. Either way, the maximum amount of hype for momento mori should only be a spell that can kill Natsu and Gray at best.

Siniten

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The scenario is if Gray hadn't demonized. We don't really know if Momento Mori simply doesn't work on demons. If it doesn't, then the spell would have only killed Gray had he not demonized. Either way, the maximum amount of hype for momento mori should only be a spell that can kill Natsu and Gray at best.
Well yea, if it doesn't work on demons, then Natsu himself would be killed. I think Gray was protected by Silver so he would stay alive in both cases.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
If you don't think Ajeel is fodder compared to the other Spriggans than I have a question. Who do you think will win this fights:

Ajeel vs. Brandish
Ajeel vs. Di Maria
Ajeel vs. God Serena
Ajeel vs. Jacob

To me it seems pretty obvious.

Brandish > Ajeel (oneshot)
Di Maria > Ajeel (oneshot)
God Serena > Ajeel (mid diff)
Jacob > Ajeel (oneshot)

Conclusion: Ajeel is fodder compared to the other Spriggans.

Juvia won't defeat Ajeel in an one-on-one fight, but she will make him scream once he doesn't pay attention at her during this battle royale.
God Serena can beat Ajeel. I have no problems with that. I don't know who would win between Brandish and Ajeel. Brandish can shrink Ajeel, but that doesn't change his MP level. Even at Marin's size, he can still summon up sandstorms - which would still have the effect of drying up his targets, and specifically in Brandish's case give her allergies. Just because Jacob and Dimaria have abilities that allow them easy victories, doesn't mean they stack up in actual combat. First things first, Age Seal is restricted in this tournament, and Jacob can only temporarily teleport his opponents. Under these conditions, Ajeel would outright beat Jacob. As for Dimaria, Sands of Death and Sand World should be give Dimaria a hard time regardless of the victor, and quite frankly what Ajeel did to Erza is more impressive than what Dimaria did to Wendy.

But let's just say we do away with the tournament rules, and say yes... Dimaria can land a bunch of free hits against Ajeel to take him out (no, it won't be a oneshot) and Jacob could just transport him away. That still wouldn't make him a fodder in this match. Because Dimaria and Jacob can probably do that to anyone in this tournament, and you've made no attempt to even compare their fighting prowess in actual combat. Saying that Ajeel's combat abilities are fodder because he lacks the ability to teleport others or stop time doesn't make any sense.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well yea, if it doesn't work on demons, then Natsu himself would be killed. I think Gray was protected by Silver so he would stay alive in both cases.
Well that was the reason Mard gave. That demonizing was why Momento Mori didn't work. The debate is whether or not Natsu can be considered a demon.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What makes me think Kagura would lose to Dimaria??? Are you listening to yourself right now? Gee, I don't know, maybe the fact that Kagura doesn't have a counter to Dimaria's age stop? If Dimaria wanted to, she could have sliced of Kagura's head when they had their mini scuffle, but Dimaria apparently likes to toy with her female opponents first instead of just killing them.

"Where did Lucy's Horlogium stop any of Wahl's attacks like Kagura did?". Lol, I meant Saggitarius, so I'll have to go and fix that in my previous post. I never said that Lucy stopped Wahl's attacks though, so I don't know why your bringing that up.
Of course, I'm talking about without time hax. Anybody would lose to her in that regard. All I'm saying is that Kagura is Spriggan Level. If we include Dimaria's Time Magic, then she is possibly stronger than Spriggan Level due to hax. Anyways, Dimaria's Time Magic is restricted in this tournament so to argue about it is pointless.

Okay, I meant Ajeel's attacks. You know what I mean. Either way, that is different. Lucy shot numerous arrows from long range to counter all of Ajeel's flying sand monsters. Meanwhile, Kagura sliced all of Wahl's missiles within a second. Not comparable.

I think Kagura might be close to Erza level, but that is pure speculation that isn't backed by feats (due to a lack of them). For instance Kagura doesn't have a single offensive feat in the ballpark of Erza's Nakagami Starlight - which is a move that can finish off a Spriggan. Nor does Kagura have feats of endurance even close to Erza's. These extreme's or maximums that Erza has is what makes her better. Secondary to that is her versatility, which gives her a chance even against Ajeel... while Kagura wouldn't have water/wind swords.

I basically see the Kagura/Erza comparison in the same way I see Gray/Gajeel/Natsu. Gray and Gajeel have portrayals and have shown to fight evenly with or alongside base Natsu when things aren't serious. But neither Gray or Gajeel have anything close to a base roar of Natsu's yet, let alone FDK. That is why Natsu is above them - because of those extremes (powerful attacks). Gray/Gajeel would need feats to prove they are Natsu level, regardless of any portrayal, simply because Natsu's feats are extraordinary. This applies to Kagura's abilities with respect to Erza.
Actually, Kagura should be very close to Erza's level in terms of feats. Neither Kagura nor Erza could defeat each other in the GMG. It took the interference of Minerva to eliminate Kagura. If I recalled their fight correctly, Erza blocked Kagura's Archenemy Unsheathed with her sword so we never really got to see it's full potential. In this regard, we can say that Erza and Kagura have comparable speed but power is unknown. However, Kagura also has some tricks of her own as well. She never used Gravity Magic against Erza. So assuming Erza were to use Nakagami Starlight, Kagura can just as easily render her useless by changing the gravity which gives her an open chance to hit Erza. Like I said, nothing here proves that Erza is stronger by much. Especially, since she didn't train as much as the others over the timeskip which is proven by her feats compared to the Laxus, TO Chelia, Jellal, Natsu, etc.

Look at Erza's condition and then look at Kagura's. There is no telling who would win this. I agree that Second Origin would change this but at the same time, we have no idea how much Kagura trained over the timeskip. By feats though, I don't see her lagging behind Erza. Kagura never lost a
Erza beating Ajeel with her water/wind armor only tells us that she counters him and nothing more. I mean by that logic, then it would be really hard for someone like Wolfheim or Jura to even stand a chance against him. Gray, Gajeel, and Natsu is a little different because from the hype we've been getting, it seems like Natsu trained more than the other two. Still, I think Gray and Gajeel still have a chance to be close to Natsu's level so that would remain to be seen until we actually get feats from them.

I agree with this statement. I think by portrayal Kagura is on Erza's level, but because there is no feats to back that up there is no way to know. I find myself constantly struggling with how i feel about characters power levels in this series. For example i believe Kagura by portrayal is on par with Erza, but on the other hand i believe Jura has been left behind. I think that because overall i believe the Spriggan 12 are portrayed mostly as equals. Meaning that if Erza can hold her own against Ajeel, and Jura with the help of 3 higher ranked Wizard Saints pretty much gets wrecked against God Serena, then i conclude that Erza>Jura, and in turn based on leadership and my interpretation i have to view it as Kagura>Jura, even though i feel that is likely wrong. Of course if Mashima were to say God Serena>Ajeel, then that entire argument comes crashing down haha. I think this is bound to happen especially in FT, where honestly POF(or whatever you call it) is a legit factor in who wins fights. I mean look at what Mashima said about Mira and Erza, he is essentially saying that Erza's determination and grit are more powerful than whatever disadvantage(i don't see one personally) she has against Mira. I am not a big fan of POF for this reason, not only does it unbalance power levels, but it also is outright cheesy at times. Don't get me wrong determination can be a factor in a battle, but i feel like Mashima at times uses it as an excuse to just say "this character wins, don't ask questions" lol.
In my opinion, Kagura is easily on Erza's level by feats. Why? Because she has never lost to Erza in terms of feats (GMG Arc). There has never even been a scenario that proves otherwise. I don't know about you but in terms of feats, what has Mirajane shown to be on Erza's level? Don't get me wrong, I fully support the theory that Mirajane = Erza. That is exactly my point. Kagura has never shown anything to be below Mirajane who Hiro Mashima claims is easily on Erza's level. In my mind, I have always thought that Erza = Mirajane = Kagura. You guys may disagree but I think if we can say Mirajane is on Erza's level, we would be extremely biased to say Kagura isn't.

No not that much.Momento Mori is the third strongest spell in this battle royal.Only laxus's spells and ant pit or sand world are stronger.Nor did say i say that it can take down current Natsu,Jellal or laxus and leave alone Zeref and Acnologia.
But here is the thing. How strong can you hype this? Mard Geer said it would be able to defeat Zeref. So far, we know Zeref is stronger than Current Natsu. This is my point. We have no idea exactly how strong this attack is and to say it is the third strongest spell is not backed by any feats whatsoever.

Last edited:

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Of course, I'm talking about without time hax. Anybody would lose to her in that regard. All I'm saying is that Kagura is Spriggan Level. If we include Dimaria's Time Magic, then she is possibly stronger than Spriggan Level due to hax. Anyways, Dimaria's Time Magic is restricted in this tournament so to argue about it is pointless.

Okay, I meant Ajeel's attacks. You know what I mean. Either way, that is different. Lucy shot numerous arrows from long range to counter all of Ajeel's flying sand monsters. Meanwhile, Kagura sliced all of Wahl's missiles within a second. Not comparable.

Actually, Kagura should be very close to Erza's level in terms of feats. Neither Kagura nor Erza could defeat each other in the GMG. It took the interference of Minerva to eliminate Kagura. If I recalled their fight correctly, Erza blocked Kagura's Archenemy Unsheathed with her sword so we never really got to see it's full potential. In this regard, we can say that Erza and Kagura have comparable speed but power is unknown. However, Kagura also has some tricks of her own as well. She never used Gravity Magic against Erza. So assuming Erza were to use Nakagami Starlight, Kagura can just as easily render her useless by changing the gravity which gives her an open chance to hit Erza. Like I said, nothing here proves that Erza is stronger by much. Especially, since she didn't train as much as the others over the timeskip which is proven by her feats compared to the Laxus, TO Chelia, Jellal, Natsu, etc.

Look at Erza's condition and then look at Kagura's. There is no telling who would win this. I agree that Second Origin would change this but at the same time, we have no idea how much Kagura trained over the timeskip. By feats though, I don't see her lagging behind Erza. Kagura never lost a
Erza beating Ajeel with her water/wind armor only tells us that she counters him and nothing more. I mean by that logic, then it would be really hard for someone like Wolfheim or Jura to even stand a chance against him. Gray, Gajeel, and Natsu is a little different because from the hype we've been getting, it seems like Natsu trained more than the other two. Still, I think Gray and Gajeel still have a chance to be close to Natsu's level so that would remain to be seen until we actually get feats from them.

In my opinion, Kagura is easily on Erza's level by feats. Why? Because she has never lost to Erza in terms of feats (GMG Arc). There has never even been a scenario that proves otherwise. I don't know about you but in terms of feats, what has Mirajane shown to be on Erza's level? Don't get me wrong, I fully support the theory that Mirajane = Erza. That is exactly my point. Kagura has never shown anything to be below Mirajane who Hiro Mashima claims is easily on Erza's level. I've always thought Erza = Mirajane = Kagura. You guys may disagree but I think if we can say Mirajane is on Erza's level, we would be extremely biased to say Kagura isn't.

But here is the thing. How strong can you hype this? Mard Geer said it would be able to defeat Zeref. So far, we know Zeref is stronger than Current Natsu. This is my point. We have no idea exactly how strong this attack is and to say it is the third strongest spell is not backed by any feats whatsoever.
Totally agree. I am also in support of Kagura=Erza=Mirajane. In the end most of these "feats" are subjective as well, but I believe by portrayal that is the intent in terms of how we think the characters stack up against each other.

Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, you did. That was literally the first sentence in your prior reply.
I said Kagura overwhelmed Dimaria. That doesn't mean she is better. Overwhelming can happen both ways in a fight in case you didn't know. Besides, I don't even know how many times I've stated that they were comparable meaning they are more or less equal...

A lot. You're taking kagura's feat there out of context. She didn't tank the missiles. She destroyed them and moved before the explosion. Again, a reference to her speed not strength (and certainly zero meaning if compared to Wahl since that was just an attack). You said that the missiles were as powerful or even more powerful than those used against Laxus, thereby implying Kagura is within that range of strength since she destroyed the missiles but again, the destructive ability of the missiles are irrelevant here if Kagura had already moved to a safe location. If she had cut and tanked the missiles, then your statement would hold more water.
Again, where did I talk about Kagura tanking Wahl's missiles? All I was saying was that she is capable of going agains Wahl, thereby being Spriggan level. You need to read my post again because the Laxus comparison was a reply to another user who said that the rockets were fodder level due it being an unnamed attack. Nothing about my post says Kagura would tank it. Besides, she doesn't need to because as it was shown, she has the speed to block all of them without even breaking a sweat.

You're misunderstanding me. I said the spriggans are used to effortlessly defeating their opponents so when they meet someone who actually doesn't get KO instantly, they get impressed. Especially since they thought Ishgar was basically fodder mages. Baseless to claim Gray is as strong as a spriggan. We've actually not seen anything to imply that. It's just the general belief since he should be Natsu's equal but he has to prove himself first. My point was that gray used his Ice DS move which Ajeel shrugged off even though he praised them. Natsu could do so yeah, but he'd likely need FDKM. Anyway, that's beside the point.
Kagura never demonstrated she's spriggan tier. I mean, freaking Wendy was able to kick Dimaria back. Does that make Wendy spriggan tier? And keep in mind that Wendy actually gave Dimaria a bruise. Something Kagura never did to a spriggan even though she had the opportunity against two.
Looking from the other perspective just shows us Kagura quaking just from Dimaria showing up. Nope, that's not my logic. I clearly stated that it doesn't mean Kagura would automatically lose. Besides, their reaction was rather different. Team Natsu were indeed shocked at Brandish's MP, but note that there was no mention of any of them being that overwhelmed. Gray commented that Ajeel was better than the old man, Natsu held his arm with Igneel's Mp etc. we literally have no panel of them being as overwhelmed as Kagura was.
Didn't say she would've been killed in one attack, but you're posing it as though Jellal got in the way when he was literally saving her. My point was that you said she had no chance to show what she's got but she faced two spriggans. First time, we have her being overwhelmed by Dimaria's MP. Next, we have Jellal jumping in to save her from Neinhart's attack. Inferences can be made from these.
No, Wendy is different. She was clearly outclassed in power, attack, speed, and MP. The reason we can say Dimaria > Wendy is because we've already seen Wendy on the offensive and she did nothing to Dimaria. On the other hand, Kagura was on the defensive and still blocked Dimaria's attack. Kagura's feats exceed Wendy's by a lot in the past and even now.

Kagura being overwhelmed is different from Gray and Natsu? Really? Look, you said yourself that Natsu and Gray were afraid of Brandish's MP. What is this?

It literally says "So this is the power of the Spriggan 12..." You thought it meant attack power? Look again. "This overwhelming magic of hers...." That literally references MP.

There's one, Erza beat Kagura and then Minerva. This is just like Laxus beating Wahl and then beating Hades afterwards and someone claims either of these two are on laxus' level. If they were, he would've lost to the other.
Erza beat Minerva. Yes. Kagura? No. Minerva defeated her.

It is, especially when the person complimenting believes they're superior. Dimaria didn't do the same because Wendy started by kicking her in the face. She got pissed. Naturally you don't compliment someone for kicking you in the face. And well, Wendy managing to kick (and bruise) Dimaria goes over Kagura being complimented when she never managed to do anything.
Kaguraa obviously didn't have a chance to go on the offensive like Wendy did. Besides, Dimaria didn't compliment Wendy because nothing about her MP, attack power, defense, or speed impresses her.

It's irrelevant what it was. If Erza has PoF, it's part of her strengths. Why didn't Kagura think of her nakama and all to overcome Erza/Minerva?
You realize that PoF doesn't actually mean Erza gets power from her nakama or an external source? The power is still coming from her. She simply pushes herself beyond her limits and does her utmost to emerge victorious for the sake of her friends. No nakama was feeding her MP or anything so the credit still completely goes to Erza.
You realize that this statement is only to win this argument right? I bet you were against the idea of PoF when Erza used it in her other fights like Azuma. I know that Nakama Power is not power that is absorbed from your friends. That's absurd. The fact that she has an incredible power boost (one that can place her on a whole different tier) by thinking of her family is very illogical. Erza should just use that "strength" of hers to defeat Acnologia. Then we wouldn't have to argue who is stronger.

Well, maybe, but my point stands. Jupiter cannon is weaker than Erza. She could already tank it when she was leagues weaker than she currently is. Ajeel himself deflected it with his bare hands before thus showing its actual damage to him is little. In the end, it was that effective because Erza had already done substantial damage to him prior and at she still needed to attack again to KO him. Well, you answered the question yourself. Again, they got there because they were constantly matching or keeping up with the spriggans until they used their finishing moves. No one had to save them in the midst of battle unlike Kagura.

Maybe Kagura can, but that's if she has someone stronger than her in battle. She's the support not the lead. That's the difference. Just look at the battle against neinhart. She gets saved (twice btw) and Jellal gets stuck underwater because of that so she brings her back. She attacks to remove the obstruction (Simon's as historia). Mashima has her on the background when he would've had her up front or fighting equally.
Nobody saved Erza because nobody was there to save her. It's that simple. Kagura, on the other hand, was surrounded by a friend and the friend of a friend. So would they just watch her get hit or do something. Nothing here hints that Kagura would get one-shotted by Neinhart. That needs some extensive proof. So being on the background automatically means that you need someone else stronger to beat your opponent? That is faulty logic. In that case, is Cana stronger than Lucy for actually being the one to take Brandish down while Lucy just stood there helplessly?

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

I rate current Erza much more superior than GMG Erza. I base this purely on the fact that Erza beat Ajeel with help; and Ajeel is far above the likes of Kyoka/Kagura/Minerva preskip, he's even better than arc bosses like Mard or Hades. Current Erza > SO Erza > GMG Kagura >= Pre-SO Erza or something like that. I believe Kagura is above Pre-SO Erza, but not SO Erza.

Gravity magic needs to be strong to have effects. Bluenote was unable to restrict Gildarts or X792 Natsu. These 2 characters might have more physical strength than Erza, however Erza is a Tenrou Gildart's tier and I doubt that Bluenote could effect her movement. Kagura has yet to show her Gravity is in the same class as Bluenote's.

All Kagura's feats this arc are low-key. There isn't a significant one. Erza's offensive prowess is enough to hold her own against Ajeel, and with help she can beat him. Like I said in my other post Kagura might be Erza level, but the feat gap is too large for that assumption to be solid imo. Kagura needs to show me a Starlight-level offensive attack, and some other attributes above Erza's for me to consider them around the same. For now I only speculate Kagura is close, and it's not a feat-based assumption.

The reason I bring up Kagura's high-level offence is because she has to defeat one of Laxus, Ajeel, Mard Geer or Jura. Jura is probably the easiest to pick off. At the GMG Kagura would lose to Jura around mid-diff. Currently Idk she might have improved more than Jura and surpassed him, though their current arc feats/portrayal are not strong. Jura was keeping up with the GoI (Warrod and Wolfheim), and his endurance/durability is about equal to their's too. So Kagura needs to be able to take that level of opponent out, which I'm not sure she's shown the capability of doing. Mard Geer is probably a little stronger than Jura, and he's tough to defeat. Ajeel's sand body would leave Kagura helpless. And Laxus would defeat Kagura quite quickly. There's also Mirajane who has a good shot at beating Kagura, and I rate Mira higher than Kagura for this battle.
Totally agree. I am also in support of Kagura=Erza=Mirajane. In the end most of these "feats" are subjective as well, but I believe by portrayal that is the intent in terms of how we think the characters stack up against each other.
Feats have subjectivity I agree. Each feat has a range of interpretation, and everyone has their own way of thinking. This will always cause a difference in opinion about who is better.

But for these threads feats do take precedence. It comes down to feats as an information source really. They are proven actions. Portrayals let you know where characters are likely to be, and their range of interpretation is generally greater than feats. Erza's portrayal is generally higher than Kagura's or Mira's in my opinion.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
If you don't think Ajeel is fodder compared to the other Spriggans than I have a question. Who do you think will win this fights:

Ajeel vs. Brandish
Ajeel vs. Di Maria
Ajeel vs. God Serena
Ajeel vs. Jacob

To me it seems pretty obvious.

Brandish > Ajeel (oneshot)
Di Maria > Ajeel (oneshot)
God Serena > Ajeel (mid diff)
Jacob > Ajeel (oneshot)

Conclusion: Ajeel is fodder compared to the other Spriggans.

Juvia won't defeat Ajeel in an one-on-one fight, but she will make him scream once he doesn't pay attention at her during this battle royale.
Ajeel vs. Brandish - Ajeel. Brandish cant use magic on somebody like Ajeel or Juvia.
Ajeel vs. Di Maria - No one. Dimaria cant deal any damage to Ajeel, he is sand.
Ajeel vs. God Serena - Dont know, but Serena has fire, water and wind magic.
Ajeel vs. Jacob - Dont know. If Jacob teleport him in another dimension, he will win.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
This whole Kagura is Spirggan tier bullshit needs to stop. For one thing, Erza and Kagura were NEVER EQUALS. The Erza who fought Kagura was Erza not using second origin and considering Natsu's group with Erza included didn't get any training before the game this is essentially Erza at her pre-skip strength, while Erza with second origin would have beaten Kagura handily. As for everyone assuming that because they looked relatively close pre skip that it will be the same after the time skip?

If you've read battle manga before it shouldn't be rocket science to know the main cast has a higher growth rate than side characters. A prime example of this is Minvera, everyone says she was Erza tier during GMG gets demon powers on top of her own in the next arc and Erza beats her still as well with even less difficulty than their last fight nor has she shown she's anywhere near Erza's current strength.

Kagura was overwhelmed by easily by just Dimaria's magic power get this Kagura is Spirggan tier mess out of here.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I rate current Erza much more superior than GMG Erza. I base this purely on the fact that Erza beat Ajeel with help; and Ajeel is far above the likes of Kyoka/Kagura/Minerva preskip, he's even better than arc bosses like Mard or Hades. Current Erza > SO Erza > GMG Kagura >= Pre-SO Erza or something like that. I believe Kagura is above Pre-SO Erza, but not SO Erza.
Fair enough. I agree that Ajeel is stronger than anybody pre-timeskip. You have your opinions so I won't try to influence you. However, I will say that if Kagura is not even SO Erza's level (who is on par with Kyōka), then she is fodder level right now. Mard Geer who is barely even on a Spriggan's level was many times stronger than Kyōka. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that if Kagura was truly that weak, her fate should have ended like Sabertooth and Blue Pegasus which by feats, doesn't seem to be the case.

Gravity magic needs to be strong to have effects. Bluenote was unable to restrict Gildarts or X792 Natsu. These 2 characters might have more physical strength than Erza, however Erza is a Tenrou Gildart's tier and I doubt that Bluenote could effect her movement. Kagura has yet to show her Gravity is in the same class as Bluenote's.
Well, this could be interpreted in many different ways. First, Bluenote might not have trained since his last appearance (portrayed), so that is why his magic is weak while everyone surpassed him already. Second, Current Kagura should be above pre-timeskip Bluenote by now in terms of MP. Lastly, like you said Erza doesn't even come close to X792 Natsu and due her lack in power (not being able to beat a Spriggan like everyone else), she might not be much stronger than pre-timeskip Gildarts, given that this is only speculation.

All Kagura's feats this arc are low-key. There isn't a significant one. Erza's offensive prowess is enough to hold her own against Ajeel, and with help she can beat him. Like I said in my other post Kagura might be Erza level, but the feat gap is too large for that assumption to be solid imo. Kagura needs to show me a Starlight-level offensive attack, and some other attributes above Erza's for me to consider them around the same. For now I only speculate Kagura is close, and it's not a feat-based assumption.
That is true. Kagura doesn't have many feats so I can see why you claim this isn't a feat-based assumption. However, I would disagree that we can't incorporate any feat-based assumptions into this tournament/ranking. I take into account the fact that she was never given a chance to show her powers like every other side character except Chelia. However, I think that based on what we've seen so far, she has shown the most (feats) out of every other side character, to suggest that she is on Erza's level. Even so, she was on par with Erza in the past. And this was by feats. I don't see why she would be lagging that much behind Erza right now, when Erza was sort of a disappointment. Besides, she has shown many times that she can take on a Spriggan. She even sliced through Neinhart's fodders just like Erza. If Hiro Mashima really wanted to portray Erza and Kagura differently, he could have kept the scene where Erza sliced Neinhart's knight in half, but instead made Kagura only cut a body part like the face.

The reason I bring up Kagura's high-level offence is because she has to defeat one of Laxus, Ajeel, Mard Geer or Jura. Jura is probably the easiest to pick off. At the GMG Kagura would lose to Jura around mid-diff. Currently Idk she might have improved more than Jura and surpassed him, though their current arc feats/portrayal are not strong. Jura was keeping up with the GoI (Warrod and Wolfheim), and his endurance/durability is about equal to their's too. So Kagura needs to be able to take that level of opponent out, which I'm not sure she's shown the capability of doing. Mard Geer is probably a little stronger than Jura, and he's tough to defeat. Ajeel's sand body would leave Kagura helpless. And Laxus would defeat Kagura quite quickly. There's also Mirajane who has a good shot at beating Kagura, and I rate Mira higher than Kagura for this battle.
In my opinion, Jura is barely comparable to the Gods of Ishgar. While Warrod trapped God Serena, the majority of Jura's attacks just destroyed Warrod's Tree Magic before actually hitting God Serena. Meanwhile, the others actually did something to God Serena. So to me, it seems clear that Kagura is at least on Jura's level. Again, is Erza stronger than Jura? Keep in mind that Jura was fighting God Serena, not Ajeel.

As for the others, Kagura should be able to defeat Mard Geer. Ajeel seems to be quite a worthy opponent purely because he has many tricks up his sleeve like intangibility and poor visibility. But I think Kagura will lose mainly because she isn't a counter to him like Erza is. In terms of power though, Kagura shouldn't be much different than Erza. As for Laxus, he is a little stronger than Erza so I think Kagura would lose but it wouldn't be a easy fight for him either.

This whole Kagura is Spirggan tier bullshit needs to stop. For one thing, Erza and Kagura were NEVER EQUALS. The Erza who fought Kagura was Erza not using second origin and considering Natsu's group with Erza included didn't get any training before the game this is essentially Erza at her pre-skip strength, while Erza with second origin would have beaten Kagura handily. As for everyone assuming that because they looked relatively close pre skip that it will be the same after the time skip?

If you've read battle manga before it shouldn't be rocket science to know the main cast has a higher growth rate than side characters. A prime example of this is Minvera, everyone says she was Erza tier during GMG gets demon powers on top of her own in the next arc and Erza beats her still as well with even less difficulty than their last fight nor has she shown she's anywhere near Erza's current strength.

Kagura was overwhelmed by easily by just Dimaria's magic power get this Kagura is Spirggan tier mess out of here.
Yes, Second Origin changes the dynamics of Kagura's and Erza's fight in the GMG. But ever since the most recent timeskip, what has prevented Kagura from catching up to Erza? Second Origin, at this point, is not a factor anymore. It's seems like you can't grasp this logic. You should note that Erza was barely able to take on Ajeel while everyone else defeated a Spriggan by themselves. Why? Maybe we should consider the fact that Erza didn't train as much over the timeskip. On the contrary, we see Kagura at least fight a Spriggan without any major difficulties. Maybe she trained over the timeskip, right? We can use past feats as a reference to the current arc (like I did), but we can't use it as a way of proving anything right now (like you did).

So you're saying that a side character cannot rival the strength of a main character? I guess Gildarts has to be weaker than Natsu, Lucy, Gray, and Erza. You count Gildarts as a main character? Well, still, I guess Kagura is weaker than Lucy... Do you see the logic behind this?

Instead of posting to taunt others or just for the sake of arguing with them, why don't you post your own ranking like others have and actually discuss it maturely? Unless you're too intimidated that yours will be countered... After all, this is a subjective topic, which is why tournaments are held so that we get an idea of what the community (or majority) thinks about these fights.

Last edited:

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Feats have subjectivity I agree. Each feat has a range of interpretation, and everyone has their own way of thinking. This will always cause a difference in opinion about who is better.

But for these threads feats do take precedence. It comes down to feats as an information source really. They are proven actions. Portrayals let you know where characters are likely to be, and their range of interpretation is generally greater than feats. Erza's portrayal is generally higher than Kagura's or Mira's in my opinion.
Fair enough, but ultimately we all have opinions that are a mix of both, discerning that can be difficult, and honestly people should just vote for who they think are the 4 strongest fighters imo. All this debate is unlikely to change peoples minds, but is fun though.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
That is true. Kagura doesn't have many feats I can see why you claim this isn't a feat-based assumption. However, I would disagree that we can't incorporate any feat-based assumptions into this tournament/ranking. I take into account the fact that she was never given a chance to show her powers like every other side character except Chelia. However, I think that based on what we've seen so far, she has shown the most (feats) out of every other side character, to suggest that she is on Erza's level. Even so, she was on par with Erza in the past. And this was by feats. I don't see why she would be lagging that much behind Erza right now, when Erza was sort of a disappointment. Besides, she has shown many times that she can take on a Spriggan. She even sliced through Neinhart's fodders just like Erza. If Hiro Mashima really wanted to portray Erza and Kagura differently, he could have kept the scene where Erza sliced Neinhart's knight in half, but instead made Kagura only cut a body part like the face.
Just on Neinhart's knights, Hiro did portray Erza as weakened by constant references to her injuries. But also the knights were fodder. It's no different to Gajeel/Natsu beating Ajeel's crew with similar ease. It's good portrayal, but personally not enough for to draw any equality when it comes to high end moves.

In my opinion, Jura is barely comparable to the Gods of Ishgar. While Warrod trapped God Serena, the majority of Jura's attacks just destroyed Warrod's Tree Magic before actually hitting God Serena. Meanwhile, the others actually did something to God Serena. So to me, it seems clear that Kagura is at least on Jura's level. Again, is Erza stronger than Jura? Keep in mind that Jura was fighting God Serena, not Ajeel.

As for the others, Kagura should be able to defeat Mard Geer. Ajeel seems to be quite a worthy opponent purely because he has many tricks up his sleeve like intagibility and poor visibility. But I think Kagura will lose mainly because she isn't a counter to him like Erza is. In terms of power though, Kagura shouldn't be much different than Erza. As for Laxus, he is a little stronger than Erza so I think Kagura would lose but it wouldn't be a easy fight for him either.
Jura kept up with them by portrayal. His hits on God Serena were just like Wolfheims. By that logic Warrod was better than Wolfheim and Jura too. At the end of the day Jura's endurance and durability is very comparable to the GoI... though I'm not sure how good their durability/endurance (it's probably around the Bluenote mark or a bit higher).

Mard Geer's durability/endurance > offence Kagura has shown imo. Ajeel won't get hurt at all by Kagura thanks to his sand hax. Laxus should take care of Kagura quite easily on feats. He'd certainly overwhelm her in CQC, an LD Jaw would be enough. I'd say low-ish difficulty for that fight.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Yes, Second Origin changes the dynamics of Kagura's and Erza's fight in the GMG. But ever since the most recent timeskip, what has prevented Kagura from catching up to Erza? Second Origin, at this point, is not a factor anymore. It's seems like you can't grasp this logic. You should note that Erza was barely able to take on Ajeel while everyone else defeated a Spriggan by themselves. Why? Maybe we should consider the fact that Erza didn't train as much over the timeskip. On the contrary, we see Kagura at least fight a Spriggan without any major difficulties. Maybe she trained over the timeskip, right? We can use past feats as a reference to the current arc (like I did), but we can't use it as a way of proving anything right now (like you did).

So you're saying that a side character cannot rival the strength of a main character? I guess Gildarts has to be weaker than Natsu, Lucy, Gray, and Erza. You count Gildarts as a main character? Well, still, I guess Kagura is weaker than Lucy... Do you see the logic behind this?

Instead of posting to taunt others or just for the sake of arguing with them, why don't you post your own ranking like others have and actually discuss it maturely? Unless you're too intimidated that yours will be countered... After all, this is a subjective topic, which is why tournaments are held so that we get an idea of what the community (or majority) thinks about these fights.
What? Did you just ignore EVERYTHING I wrote about growth rate? I'm not surprised, why isn't second origin a factor? The power up from it didn't vanish at all while what reason should I believe Kagura who was a whole lot weaker than Erza pre skip and who should have the low growth rate should catch up? Erza was barely able to take on Ajeel while the only other people who have beat Spirggan have had either a power up, help or they have always been stronger than Erza and is no surprise they're stronger now. Kagura fought a Spirggan without any difficulty? Where was this because this wasn't against Dimaria, Kagura was easily overwhelmed by her magic power and stripped when Dimaria could have killed her.

Gildarts? Really, Gildarts is someone who started off wayy above the main characters, his growth rate doesn't need to be as large as theirs simply because he was that much ahead and the main fighters of the main cast (Natsu, Gajeel, Gray and Laxus) will probably all end up (Laxus and Natsu are already stronger currently in my opinion) stronger than him despite being way younger, you know why.....BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE SUPERIOR GROWTH RATE.

Again comparing a character who's wayy above another character to try and prove you point isn't actually proving your point, while Lucy if she summons the CSK would beat Kagura. Do you even know what growth rate is? Because if you did you probably wouldn't be using these poor examples.

I've already posted my winners for this thread, LOOK AT THE FIRST COUPLE OF PAGES, you know what I'll even quote myself just for you:

1.) Laxus. He's obviously the strongest in this match up anyone who says otherwise is delusional.

2.) Ajeel. He the only other person who's Spriggan level and most of the others offense will be useless against him.

3.) Mira. I was tempted to put Mard but I'll give Mira the benifit of the doubt and assume she's grown above Mard.

4.) Mard Geer. Shouldn't need to explain.

Oh and the shit I've been in this thread already :lmao

Leave him, he doesn't get the concept of attack potency.

Counter me, go on.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Fair enough, but ultimately we all have opinions that are a mix of both, discerning that can be difficult, and honestly people should just vote for who they think are the 4 strongest fighters imo. All this debate is unlikely to change peoples minds, but is fun though.
That's right. Feats and portrayals there are all information sources, and our ways of thinking will determine our overall interpretation.

I think debating has a potential to change minds if the evidence for/against is overwhelming, but I do agree we are usually bound to believe what we do. That said I do use the conversation with people and their opinions to form my own. Because I might have misinterpreted something, or had an inferior way of thinking etc, and then learn from someone else. It's also a good bias control to see what others think. Plus I find it better to challenge ideas or have my ideas challenged as it usually works out that the discussion yields a better understanding.

Sorry for getting off-topic.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's right. Feats and portrayals there are all information sources, and our ways of thinking will determine our overall interpretation.

I think debating has a potential to change minds if the evidence for/against is overwhelming, but I do agree we are usually bound to believe what we do. That said I do use the conversation with people and their opinions to form my own. Because I might have misinterpreted something, or had an inferior way of thinking etc, and then learn from someone else. It's also a good bias control to see what others think. Plus I find it better to challenge ideas or have my ideas challenged as it usually works out that the discussion yields a better understanding.

Sorry for getting off-topic.
I definitely agree with that, i was never trying to imply these discussions are pointless, quite the opposite actually. The vast majority of the time i like talking with people about this stuff, even if i don't agree with them. At times like you said i even change my opinion, because someone saw something i did not. We are off topic though i guess haha.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
What? Did you just ignore EVERYTHING I wrote about growth rate? I'm not surprised, why isn't second origin a factor? The power up from it didn't vanish at all while what reason should I believe Kagura who was a whole lot weaker than Erza pre skip and who should have the low growth rate should catch up? Erza was barely able to take on Ajeel while the only other people who have beat Spirggan have had either a power up, help or they have always been stronger than Erza and is no surprise they're stronger now. Kagura fought a Spirggan without any difficulty? Where was this because this wasn't against Dimaria, Kagura was easily overwhelmed by her magic power and stripped when Dimaria could have killed her.

Gildarts? Really, Gildarts is someone who started off wayy above the main characters, his growth rate doesn't need to be as large as theirs simply because he was that much ahead and the main fighters of the main cast (Natsu, Gajeel, Gray and Laxus) will probably all end up (Laxus and Natsu are already stronger currently in my opinion) stronger than him despite being way younger, you know why.....BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE SUPERIOR GROWTH RATE.

Again comparing a character who's wayy above another character to try and prove you point isn't actually proving your point, while Lucy if she summons the CSK would beat Kagura. Do you even know what growth rate is? Because if you did you probably wouldn't be using these poor examples.

I've already posted my winners for this thread, LOOK AT THE FIRST COUPLE OF PAGES, you know what I'll even quote myself just for you:

Counter me, go on.
Okay, my bad. I didn't see the part about growth rate. But either way, how can you say for certain that main characters have superior growth rate? Growth rates can range and depends on the individual themselves. It has nothing to do with side characters or main characters. For example, Erza would have lost against a Spriggan like Ajeel. Right now, she is portrayed to have a lower growth rate than most. Meanwhile, everyone else is being hyped. Nonetheless, they were able to defeat the Spriggans. Also, Jura went from having a little bit of trouble against Oración Seis to being one of the strongest mages. His growth rate is pretty significant. There are many other characters who improved a lot as well like Lyon, Meredy, Gajeel, Mirajane, etc.

Sorry, didn't see your post. Anyways, explain why Mard Geer is in the Top 4. How would Jura or Kagura lose to Mard Geer? Furthermore, what does Mard Geer have that would allow him to move on to the next round?

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Ajeel vs. Brandish - Ajeel. Brandish cant use magic on somebody like Ajeel or Juvia.
Ajeel vs. Di Maria - No one. Dimaria cant deal any damage to Ajeel, he is sand.
Ajeel vs. God Serena - Dont know, but Serena has fire, water and wind magic.
Ajeel vs. Jacob - Dont know. If Jacob teleport him in another dimension, he will win.
You're joking about the first two fights, right?

Brandish could just shrink his internal organs.

Di Maria will stop time and kill him in some way since she has all the time to find out.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I said Kagura overwhelmed Dimaria. That doesn't mean she is better. Overwhelming can happen both ways in a fight in case you didn't know. Besides, I don't even know how many times I've stated that they were comparable meaning they are more or less equal...
That wasn't what you said. I quoted your exact words. Anyway, even with this statement, you're implying the same thing. If you're overwhelming someone, that means you're better and again, how did Kagura even remotely do this? She parried an attack. That was literally all. How does that translate to overwhelm and you said overwhelm Kagura which means you're talking in a general sense. I fail to see the connection here.
Overwhelm is what you call Natsu vs Bluenote or FDKM vs Jacob. If you're referring to a single aspect, then it needs to be specific. For instance, Kagura being overwhelmed by Dimaria's Magic.

Again, where did I talk about Kagura tanking Wahl's missiles? All I was saying was that she is capable of going agains Wahl, thereby being Spriggan level. You need to read my post again because the Laxus comparison was a reply to another user who said that the rockets were fodder level due it being an unnamed attack. Nothing about my post says Kagura would tank it. Besides, she doesn't need to because as it was shown, she has the speed to block all of themwithout even breaking a sweat.
That's hasty conclusion. Wahl used one attack there (rockets). He intended for that attack to mass wipe out fodder. Regardless of how powerful the rockets may seem, it wasn't an attack intended for those that are powerful. That is, he didn't use the attack with the intention to KO an opponent he considered a serious threat. Kagura slicing the missiles is impressive but it doesn't in anyway indicate that she can take on a wahl. The issue is that you're taking single instances and jumping to somewhat extreme conclusions. Blocking/evading a single attack doesn't make you equal to the attacker.
That's like saying because someone tanked Natsu's base roar means said person can fight on par with him.

No, Wendy is different. She was clearly outclassed in power, attack, speed, and MP. The reason we can say Dimaria > Wendy is because we've already seen Wendy on the offensive and she did nothing to Dimaria. On the other hand, Kagura was on the defensive and still blocked Dimaria's attack. Kagura's feats exceed Wendy's by a lot in the past and even now.

Kagura being overwhelmed is different from Gray and Natsu? Really? Look, you said yourself that Natsu and Gray were afraid ofBrandish's MP. What is this?
Why is Wendy different? You're referencing Kagura blocking Dimaria's strike as one to imply she's equal. Wendy literally kicked Dimaria in the face. She was fast enough to do so without Dimaria being able to block. However, we saw how that turned out eventually. My point? A single instance doesn't imply the conclusion will be the same. Dimaria took a DF powered kick to the face and came out unscathed. We only say now that Wendy is weaker since we saw the end but if Mashima had left us only with that panel of Wendy kicking Dimaria, then we'd be in the same position as with Kagura.
For reference:

Notice their reaction. Gray comments that it's nothing like they've felt before. He mentions nothing about it being overwhelming. Later on, he says she's better than the old man (but that's after she has used her magic to reshape the island). Again, no mention of being overwhelmed. Nothing about losing track of their surroundings. Heck Gray even notices Natsu holding his arm in the next page. From their expressions and words, they're surprised not overwhelmed.

It literally says "So this is the power of the Spriggan 12..." You thought it meant attack power? Look again. "This overwhelming magic of hers...." Thatliterally references MP.
Not sure where you got this from. I never said it was a reference to attack power. I know it's a reference to Mp.

Erza beat Minerva. Yes. Kagura? No. Minerva defeated her.
Erza had practically defeated Kagura when Minerva stepped in (that's why Minerva came to begin with) and then Erza still had enough in the tank to defeat Minerva (who finished off Kagura). Point still stands.

Kaguraa obviously didn't have a chance to go on the offensive like Wendy did. Besides, Dimaria didn't compliment Wendy because nothing about her MP, attack power, defense, or speed impresses her.
Well she got kicked in the face, hardly going to impress her. Also, she doesn't have to praise Wendy when we have panels that prove Wendy was able to land a successful hit on Dimaria.

You realize that this statement is only to win this argument right? I bet you were against the idea of PoF when Erza used it in her other fights like Azuma. I know that Nakama Power is not power that is absorbed from your friends. That's absurd. The fact that she has an incredible power boost (one that can place her on a whole different tier) by thinking of her family is very illogical. Erza should just use that "strength" of hers to defeat Acnologia. Then we wouldn't have to argue who is stronger.
Nope, it's not for the sake of this argument. I never said I entirely like the idea of PoF but the fact remains that it's legit. Erza has proved consistently that she can go beyond her limits when she fights. Mashima apparently said the same thing in an interview, that is, that Erza's determination can help her best an opponent who would normally be stronger. We've seen this consistently so there's no need to act like PoF doesn't exist. It's a legit ability for Erza. Obviously there's a cap on it. No need for sarcasm.

Nobody saved Erza because nobody was there to save her. It's that simple. Kagura, on the other hand, was surrounded by a friend and the friend of a friend. So would they just watch her get hit or do something. Nothing here hints that Kagura would get one-shotted by Neinhart. That needs some extensive proof. So being on the background automatically means that you need someone else stronger to beat your opponent? That is faulty logic. In that case, is Cana stronger than Lucy for actually being the one to take Brandish down while Lucy just stood there helplessly?
Again, you're missing the point. You're implying Jellal hindered Kagura when he was in fact saving her. Also, I didn't say she would get one shotted. I said she need to be saved and we know she has nowhere near the endurance and durability of Erza. See, that's the same logic you're using with your earlier claims of Kagura being able to best Wahl and Dimaria in those fields. There's no exclusive proof to that.

Yes, because if Kagura was strong enough, she wouldn't be on the background to begin with. She would have fought alongside, not simply behind.
Nope, that example doesn't follow. Cana snuck up on Brandish. There's a difference between taking advantage of a situation and remaining in the background regardless. Cana did the former, Kagura was the latter.

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
You're joking about the first two fights, right?

Brandish could just shrink his internal organs.

Di Maria will stop time and kill him in some way since she has all the time to find out.
  1. Do you seriously think Dimaria is going to stop time and search for a way to defeat him?
  2. With your logic Brandish could just go up to August and beat him by shrinking his internal organs.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
  1. Do you seriously think Dimaria is going to stop time and search for a way to defeat him?
  2. With your logic Brandish could just go up to August and beat him by shrinking his internal organs.
1). If they'd fight, yes. It's an example, not canon.

2). No, because we don't know what August can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.