Group - Group C | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group C

Which 4 Wizards Will Advance?

• Brandish μ

Votes: 68 80.0%
  • Erza Scarlet

Votes: 65 76.5%
  • Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 79 92.9%
  • Jura Neekis

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Kagura Mikazuchi

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 75 88.2%
  • Rogue Cheney

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Sherria Blendy

Votes: 17 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Voting Rules:
  • The group stage is a battle royale. The four fighters with the most votes in one group will advance.
  • During the group stage, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for up to four (4) characters in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion will end on: May 6th, 2017. Voting will end on: May 7th, 2017.

Group C

Name: Brandish μ
Guild/Affiliation: Alvarez Empire
Magic: Command T Magic
Brandish μ is a loyal citizen of the Alvarez Empire and a member of the Spriggan 12. Known to bring a whole nation to their knees, she has garnered the epithet 'Country Demolisher'.
Name: Erza Scarlet
Guild/Affiliation: Fairy Tail
Magic: Requip (The Knight) Magic
Erza Scarlet is a S-Class Mage of Fairy Tail who specializes in close quarter combat. Fully equipped with armors and swords, she is a fearsome opponent who has earned the title of being 'Queen of the Fairies'.
Name: Jellal Fernandes
Guild/Affiliation: Crime Sorcière
Magic: Heavenly Body Magic
Jellal Fernandes is an independent mage whose only goal is to take down Zeref and redeem himself of his sins. Having mastered many spells, his magic is extremely versatile and very destructive in power.
Name: Jura Neekis
Guild/Affiliation: Magic Council,
Ten Wizard Saints
Magic: Earth Magic
Jura Neekis is the fourth ranking member of the Ten Wizard Saints and a former mage of the guild, Lamia Scale. Due to his immense durability and skill in manipulating the earth, he has earned the nickname 'Iron Rock Jura'.
Name: Kagura Mikazuchi
Guild/Affiliation: Mermaid Heel
Magic: Gravity Change Magic
Kagura Mikazuchi is the strongest mage of Mermaid Heel whose style resembles much like a Japanese princess. Together with her quick movement speed and sharp reflexes, one fatal strike from her sword could deal critical damage.
Name: Laxus Dreyar
Guild/Affiliation: Fairy Tail
Magic: Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic
Laxus Dreyar is a 2nd Generation Dragon Slayer and a S-Class Mage of Fairy Tail. Known for his incredible strength and magic power, he is a formidable adversary that nobody wants to mess with.
Name: Rogue Cheney
Guild/Affiliation: Sabertooth
Magic: Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic
Rogue Cheney is a 3rd Generation Dragon Slayer and one of the Twin Dragons of Sabertooth. Unlike his fellow guildmates, he is a rather quiet person and rarely shows any emotions.
Name: Sherria Blendy (Third Origin)
Guild/Affiliation: Lamia Scale
Magic: Sky God Slayer Magic
Sherria Blendy is a member of Lamia Scale and part of the famous duo 'The Sky Sisters'. Despite her age and looks, she has surpassed many experienced mages and is capable of winning a fight all by herself.
  1. All suicide techniques are restricted (Bloodman's kamikaze tech, Iced Shell of any variant, Ars Magia)
  2. Slayer-type Mages who have never shown advanced modes have no access to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
My votes

Laxus-
Self-explanatory

Jellal-Self-explanatory.Hyped by Zeref.He is able to hit Dragon Acnologia with Meteor.Push back Human Acnologia.

Brandish-Country-Demolisher.Can easily burst out organs.

Erza-Another strong contender.Her Wind Empress Armour will be a good thing against TO Sherria.

TO Sherria-She comes Fifth.

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hmmm, that's an interesting matchup. Still though, it seems pretty clear to me.
1.Laxus:
Currently the strongest out of this group. The only one who poses a great threat against him is jellal(maybe also brandish). So that's pretty self-explanatory.

2.Jellal:
Also an obvious choice. Almost equal to Laxus, and stronger than anybody else here. More than that, depending on how the current chapters go, he might surpass even Laxus.

3.Brandish:
I mean, she is strong. And hax. Even if she can't bust organs without knowing beforehand, she is still on a level above than the remaining contenders. She is also pretty good with CQC. Even though she got knocked out by Cana way at the start of the arc, it was simply a fluke(even Cana admitted it). And afterwards, in Brandish's fight against Lucy, she dominated her in CQC while holding back. So even though she is not the best at CQC, she is still definetly good.
Otherwise though, it's pretty hard to rank where she is power level wise. Her hax definetly lets her pass though.

4.Erza:
Erza is a rank below the top 3, but she is currently above the others, so she passes. She has proven her strength in every arc, and this arc is no different. And while she is not the top dog in Ishgar, she is strong enough to pass.

5.Chelia(TO):
Sadly, she doesn't pass. I think power wise, she is like preskip Laxus. Which is not quite Spriggan level. Even though there are some others who are similarly strong to preskip Laxus, Chelia gets this place due to her self-heal.

6.Kagura:
Kagura is a strong fighter. She showed her growth in this arc as well. I would say she is pre-skip Laxus level too. However, sadly, it's not enough.

7.Jura:
Jura is also a person who is a preskip Laxus tier. If he would grow throughout the timeskip, he would most likely get the 4th or 5th place. But sadly, he remained the same. And even though he is close to Kagura, he still loses to her. In an extreme diff fight. It would be the same difficulty as Laxus vs Jura, with Kagura being the winner (Seriously, why does Jura always get the low end of the stick?)

8.Rogue:
Even if we speculate that he grew as much as Sting did, he is still a level below anyone in this list. The MAX I would give him is preskip Erza level. Which is sadly not enough to be relevant anymore(Not like Rogue was ever relevant).

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Brandish is the only Spriggan in her group :zomg Safe to say she casually goes Command T-ing any mage that is weaker than her.

I pick Erza, Jellal, Laxus, and Brandish

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I can't make my choice for now, it is too hard for me. I'll wait for others arguments.
But now I pick
Laxus (strongest mage in group, I think Randy can't use her magic on him, so she dies first)
Jellal (maybe equal to Laxus, but I don't think so)
Kagura (she can get down Rogue, Sheria, Erza and maybe Randy with her gravity and bring herself and everyone others some time)
Jura (still far stronger than Erza, Rogue and Sheria (TO too:teehee) and can take blow punch from Laxus and Jellal)

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

There goes 7 people in an instant.

Organs were exploded, and then shrunk in a split second. Wins this looking that good.
Laxus, Jellal, Brandish and Erza progress, and that's the order I'd take them. TO-Sherria is an honorable mention, rest are scrubs in comparison

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
1. Laxus: Strongest of the group, his casual nuke wipes out half the people here.
2. Jellal: Neinhart situation was pretty bad but his feats against Acno make him look good. Plus Zeref hype has him as one of the strongest good guys.
3. Erza: Performance against Azir and Neinhart was mediocre, but she put up a good fight against Eileen(albeit with Wendy's help), plus she busted a meteor.
4. Brandish: Good hax, shit durability though. But it doesnt really matter, the bottom 4 dont have particularly good offense.
5. TO Cherria: As much as i love her she sadly doesnt make the cut, sure she beat Dimaria but she needed Slayer advantage to do it, which puts her offense far below END.... who had his punch stopped by Erza.
6. Kagura: Favorite character here, though sadly one of the weaker ones. Only real feats are slashing some of Wahl and Larcade's spells, nothing impressive. But since she got some good panel time i'll say she's more or less on par with Spriggan Historias.
7. Rogue: Same tier as Kagura, but she had more panel time so he's below her. Sad he's fallen so far below Sting, someone better give him their element soon.
8. Jura: A sad thing, Jura, former top dog coming last? Terrible. i'll say he's spriggan historia tier too just cause i dont want him to be too weak.

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
1.Laxus
2.Jellal
3.Erza
4.Kagura
5.To Cheria
6.Brandish
7.Rogue
8.Jura( this is really sad shame on you Mashima)

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
1. Laxus / Jellal in no order - strongest fighters in the group, huge MP, top-tier cqc, Laxus is physically stronger, but Jellal is more versatile
2. Brandish - super hax, probably has the highest MP in the group (which greatly helps her hax), sub-par durability and cqc
3. Erza - Deadpool of the Fairy Tail series, breaking concepts like durability, good writing and making sense, lol jokes aside, insane durability, very versatile

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Laxus, Brandish, Erza, and Jellal. I have no idea why Jellal will advance, but I put him there just for the kek and hype.

Erza is self-explanatory. Plot or not, she wins 99% of her fights, so there's that.

BRandish would likely be difficult to take down if she turned into a giant, or if she can shrink at will as well. Would be hard to hit her if she's tiny, though probably easy to literally stomp her. But yeah, I bet it'd be hard to see her anyway.

Laxus is obvious. Very powerful and has been nerfed quite a few times. Even when he was super nerfed, he still managed to take down a Spriggan. That's more impressive than Natsu and Gray one-shotting a Spriggan each.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Laxus, Jellal, TO Sherria and Brandish.
TO Sherria is superior to Erza and Kagura, considering she has the ability to take down a Spriggan without help, so she edges out ever the rest. Erza had help in all her Spriggan fights, I honestly don't think she's Spriggan level.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Laxus, Jellal, TO Sherria and Brandish.
TO Sherria is superior to Erza and Kagura, considering she has the ability to take down a Spriggan without help, so she edges out ever the rest. Erza had help in all her Spriggan fights, I honestly don't think she's Spriggan level.
Sheria defeated spriggan only with Wendy's help.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Sheria defeated spriggan only with Wendy's help.
Wendy's help only consisted of blocking one attack :-_-
That one attack was inferior to Chronos's laser attacks :8C If TO Sherria was able to deflect those laser attacks, there's no reason why she wouldn't tank Dimaria's last attack.
Compare that to Erza who had to be bailed out of Sand World by Jupiter, or even saved by Wendy several times over in the Irene fight, it's pretty obvious who's the superior mage here.
TO Sherria>Erza>Kagura

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
  1. Brandish
  2. Laxus
  3. Erza
  4. TO Sherria/Jellal (Toss Up)
  5. Jellal/TO Sherria (Toss Up)
  6. The rest
I'm giving TO Sherria my vote in the poll, but I do think either could win each other.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Going with Brandish, Erza, Jellal and Laxus, in no particular order.

TO Sherria almost beat out Erza, but Erza's ungodly endurance is what pulled her through.

Status
Not open for further replies.