Group - Group C | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group C

Which 4 Wizards Will Advance?

• Brandish μ

Votes: 68 80.0%
  • Erza Scarlet

Votes: 65 76.5%
  • Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 79 92.9%
  • Jura Neekis

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Kagura Mikazuchi

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 75 88.2%
  • Rogue Cheney

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Sherria Blendy

Votes: 17 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Erza fucking destroyed a meteor despite her body being broken. How does she not advance? Hell, she could probably pop a hole in giant Brandish's chest once she felt nakamama powered up! :arf

:8C

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
The groups are getting weaker, now we're getting more fodders.

Anyway still straightforward.

1) Erza (obviously)

2) Brandish (haxxed)

3/4) Jallel (meteor arts is still pretty good)

4/3) Laxus (very powerful lightning dude).

5) Third Origin Sherria (very impressive, still had massive slayer advantage and outside help against time-girl though)

6) Rouge (I like his shadow powers, and he should technically be on equal footing with normal Sting whom was rather impressive against the 3rd strongest S12).

7) Kagura (wasn't bad, quite disciplined, and has great power with the sword but her competition will overwhelmed her bad).

8) Jura (lol).

Am Shegar

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Laxus Jellal TO Sherria and Randy without order. Chose TO Sherria over Erza because I can not take Erza meteor slicing with all bones broken seriously. Shure Acno is lucky Jelly saved him from Erza with healed bones and Wendy.

Takuan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I'm voting for Laxus, Jellal, Brandish and Erza.

I've always considered TO Sherria as weak, not due to the sheer power, but in terms of actual timeshe can stay in TO. Which is basically 10 seconds cannonically. Her secret art can be dodged (Jellal, Erza, Laxus) or tanked (Laxus, Erza), and then she becomes magicless. There's no way she can beat those three.
The only doubt would be against Brandish, but i do believe Brandish's hax is deadly enough to give her the win. My bias makes me think that she hasn't shown the extend of her power at all.

TLDR: Laxus, Jellal, Erza and Brandish get my vote.

Solitrine

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
We've got blitz squad with Jellal, TO Chelia and Laxus in here.

I picked Laxus, Jellal, Brandish and TO Chelia. Erza was fighting for that #4 spot (and would've gotten it if Third Origin isn't permanent in this tournament) but I don't think she can deal with Chelia's speed and her ability to heal if she ever gets tagged anyway.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Brandish, Jellal, Laxus, TO Sherria. Why?
  • Brandish is literally a walking organ buster.
  • Jellal gained feats for pushing back an unserious Acnologia, Meteor'd him which barely scratched him, but still it's worthy to note.
  • Laxus was Wizard Saint level pre-timeskip, killed a mid-tier S12.
  • TO Sherria > Erza. Don't care what meteor Erza destroys, if Sherria's power is capped off at the most mid tier S12 then with her self healing she beats Erza eventually. Can't convince me shit

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Easy. My list would be:

1. Laxus

Jellal

Chelia (Third Origin)

4. Erza

Everybody else gets dropped. Brandish's magic couldn't work on E. Neinhart, who Base Natsu casually two-shotted..

Anybody who fails to beat Neinhart, whether he is enhanced or not... fails in my book. Neinhart-tier doesn't deserve to advance from the Group Stages.

Hax magic was just all hype. I'll change my opinion when I actually see organs bursting, bodies rupturing, heads being blown off, or something to happen. Until then, I'm certain on my 4 picks.

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Easy. My list would be:

1. Laxus

Jellal

Chelia (Third Origin)

4. Erza

Everybody else gets dropped. Brandish's magic couldn't work on E. Neinhart, who Base Natsu casually two-shotted..

Anybody who fails to beat Neinhart, whether he is enhanced or not... fails in my book. Neinhart-tier doesn't deserve to advance from the Group Stages.

Hax magic was just all hype. I'll change my opinion when I actually see organs bursting, bodies rupturing, heads being blown off, or something to happen. Until then, I'm certain on my 4 picks.
agree with this Brandush best feats is against Lucy who is even weaker than Jura... people is assuming things

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Nah Brandish actually acted against Lucy. She was throwing a fight, I've done this when playing a game with a kid... you don't go all out. That's not to say Lucy is weak, but it's not something to hold against Brandish.

Brandish has the worst track record going so that's the main thing I hold against her.

That said her magic instantly dropped Natsu. Instantly. And she was acting. You think she can't pop someone's brain? Forget about it.

Her magic can work on August when he doesn't use Instant Coffee magic, and implied to work on regular S12's. And she probably has the most MP here... so GG.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
To be fair to Brandish, her magic does work against Dimaria. IMO Brandish had the potential to beat Dimaria, and only lost because Dimaria used her magic first. If Brandish had been the one to use her magic first, she could have simply popped one of Dimaria's organs. In fact, I think Brandish can potentially do this to any of the other Spriggans, except for August, Irene, or Larcade. She and Dimaria are the most lethal of the "average" Spriggans in my books. I have Brandish above Chelia, at any rate.

I also think Neinhart is underrated. The fact that Neinhart was immune to Brandish's magic simply meant that Irene enchanted him to be stronger than your average Spriggan. In retrospect, he had the misfortune of facing Natsu and Jellal. These are like the two guys who are facing off against Zeref and Acnologia right now. Jellal's Grand Chariot was probably more powerful than 9 Star Lightning, and 9 Star Lightning was able to push back Acnologia. Natsu was able to hang in there with Zeref. Natsu's base mode punches fluctuates in terms of power, but we've seen it become pretty powerful when he tries.

JuraNeekis>Gildarts

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Lamia Scale
Brandish
Jura
Laxus
Jellal
(In order)
There is simply no way for Jura to e weaker than rogue and kagura, he is a WS and is respected amongst the high ranks. Jura would not be a WS if he would be weaker than a person who got beat by a weakling like rogue and kagura. In all honesty I think Jura is stronger than Gildarts by a tiny bit.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The groups are getting weaker, now we're getting more fodders.

Anyway still straightforward.

1) Erza (obviously)

2) Brandish (haxxed)

3/4) Jallel (meteor arts is still pretty good)

4/3) Laxus (very powerful lightning dude).

5) Third Origin Sherria (very impressive, still had massive slayer advantage and outside help against time-girl though)

6) Rouge (I like his shadow powers, and he should technically be on equal footing with normal Sting whom was rather impressive against the 3rd strongest S12).

7) Kagura (wasn't bad, quite disciplined, and has great power with the sword but her competition will overwhelmed her bad).

8) Jura (lol).
WTF, how is Jura the WS weaker than rogue and kagura are u out of ur mind.
Just because he lacks feats it doesn't mean that he is weak!
He should at least be along at the 4. In my opinion second.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Brandish
Jura
Laxus
Jellal
(In order)
There is simply no way for Jura to e weaker than rogue and kagura, he is a WS and is respected amongst the high ranks. Jura would not be a WS if he would be weaker than a person who got beat by a weakling like rogue and kagura. In all honesty I think Jura is stronger than Gildarts by a tiny bit.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

WTF, how is Jura the WS weaker than rogue and kagura are u out of ur mind.
Just because he lacks feats it doesn't mean that he is weak!
He should at least be along at the 4. In my opinion second.
proof that jura is stronger than laxus gildartz and jellal?

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Here's who I think advance:

1. Jellal Fernandes.
This should be pretty self-explanatory. Jellal has some great feats going for him, whether it's one-shotting a Spriggan (Neinhart, it mightn't be too impressive because it's Neinhart but still a decent feat nonetheless), blocking human Acnologia's attack with a spell and pushing Dragon Acnologia back with Meteor as well as evading Dragon Acnologia's attacks with meteor. The strongest mage in the group given his arsenal and feats imo.

2. Brandish.
I'm giving Brandish the second spot due to Command T and being able to enlarge people's organs to the point where they burst. With this "hax" magic, Brandish should be able to pick off a weaker mage or two and advance.

3. Laxus Dreyar
I think Laxus makes it through due to his durability and power. He's definitely one of, if not, the strongest when it comes to attack power in this group and given that as well as his durability and speed, can be a tricky opponent for most to beat so he should make it through if he can avoid getting Command-T'd by Brandish.

4. Erza Scarlet.
I think Erza makes it through because of her durability and her different armour which increases different attributes. With that in mind, she should be able to adapt to most situations and give a good fight. Was tempted to put Kagura in her place, but given it's a group fight and not 1v1, Erza gets the spot due to her diverse armour.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I also think Neinhart is underrated. The fact that Neinhart was immune to Brandish's magic simply meant that Irene enchanted him to be stronger than your average Spriggan. In retrospect, he had the misfortune of facing Natsu and Jellal. These are like the two guys who are facing off against Zeref and Acnologia right now.
Idk why Neinhart being underrated is being brought up here tbh, but Neinhart deserved to get oneshotted. Jellal and Natsu's PL is above Neinhart's, so he'd lose... but the misfortune comes down to Neinhart's magic (Historia's) being spread over several opponents. If he put a mini army in front of Jellal instead of just Simon, that fight would have looked a lot more even than a oneshot. Jellal needed Kagura there since Neinhart gained the psychological edge.

JuraNeekis>Gildarts

Reaction score
Country
Lamia Scale
proof that jura is stronger than laxus gildartz and jellal?
WS he was really strong in GMG he one shorted orga who wasn't doing badly against laxus what else do u want
Didn't Laxus beat Jura?
dude he bet Jura when he was only using his hand to hand combat, Jura didn't use most of his spells meanwhile laxus went all out!!!So therefore I think Jura> Laxus
Only if Jura uses his wide variety of spells

Last edited:

Unnamed Namesake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Let's get cracking.

1. Brandish
While not the most powerful, hax magic puts her a cut above the rest. Luckily, she's a bit of a glass cannon, so the heavy-hitting speedsters (namely Laxus and Jellal) could probably blitz her.

2. Laxus
Greatest tank in the series. Throws casual city-busters capable of taking out spriggan targets. Can take impossible amounts of punishment and has a nearly endless supply of magic. Knows several types of magic. He's also one of the fastest in the series, even without using lightning body (which turns him into a bolt of lightning). The very definition of a Lightning Bruiser.

3. Jellal
Very lethal. Knows several types of dark magic. Incredibly fast. Immense power. All that being said, he's a bit of a glass cannon. He can dish out a lot of damage but he can't take it. Seriously, he almost got done in by Neinhart.

4. Erza (her endurance being the deciding factor between her and Sherria)
Very diverse arsenal for an array of possibilities, each with their own function. While not the greatest damage dealer, she can eat a lot of pain and surpass physical ailments, even an entire half of her body being shattered. Nakagami armor also gives her the power of dispelling others' magic. And with the exception of Laxus and Gildarts, she could probably beat anyone in the series in CQC.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
WS he was really strong in GMG he one shorted orga who wasn't doing badly against laxus what else do u want
Orga could do well against Laxus only because he was a Lightning God Slayer.He got one shotted by an attack-the same attack couldn't even take down Laxus.

The difference between our protagonists and other characters have grown immense after time skip.

Laxus can take down a Spriggan even while sick,while Jura got thrashed by another Spriggan along with 3 other mages of which 2 were atleast stronger than him.

Jura is not even GOI tier leave alone Spriggan while Laxus is Spriggan tier.

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Laxus and Jura were around the same level.

the fight was off paneled and both were going all out., stated by Jura himself.

not that it matters because it doesn't bring anything in this discussion.

Last edited:

JuraNeekis>Gildarts

Reaction score
Country
Lamia Scale
Dude
Orga could do well against Laxus only because he was a Lightning God Slayer.He got one shotted by an attack-the same attack couldn't even take down Laxus.

The difference between our protagonists and other characters have grown immense after time skip.

Laxus can take down a Spriggan even while sick,while Jura got thrashed by another Spriggan along with 3 other mages of which 2 were atleast stronger than him.

Jura is not even GOI tier leave alone Spriggan while Laxus is Spriggan tier.
Dude ween la us was fighting Wahl Icht he got rekt, he was given a huge assistance from freed by using Jutsu Shiki on him that is the only reason he won otherwise he would hbe gotten thrashed and have u forgotten Jura is a WS and was said to be the strongest human in fiore.
And were u expecting that Jura would one shot laxus I mean his first attack damaged laxus like hell
If u want to compare the power level of Wahl and god serena who is rabked the strongest in fiore then u should stop watching/reading fairy tail

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.