Group - Group D Battle Royale | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group D Battle Royale

Which 4 Characters advance to the next round?

• Gray Fullbuster

Votes: 47 72.3%
  • Kyôka

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Marin Hollow

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 59 90.8%
  • Neinhart

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • Rogue Cheney

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Sherria Blendy (Third Origin)

Votes: 36 55.4%
  • Wahl Icht

Votes: 49 75.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Voting Rules:
  • The group stage is a battle royale. The four fighters with the most votes in one group will advance.
  • During the group stage, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for up to four (4) characters in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion will end on: May 23rd, 2016. Voting will end on: May 24th, 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Group D

Name: Gray Fullbuster
Guild/Affiliation: Fairy Tail
Magic: Ice-Make, Ice Magic, Ice Devil Slaying Magic

Gray Fullbuster is an Ice Make Mage and a Devil Slayer from the Fairy Tail Guild. Boasting these differing magics with the element of Ice, Gray is a tough opponent, with expertise in hand to hand combat and an imagination to create numerous weapons etc. to throw at his opponent.

Name: Kyôka
Guild/Affiliation: Tartarus
Curses: Enhancement, Sensation Curse, Absorption Curse, Etherious Form

Kyôka is one of the Nine Demon Gates in the Dark Guild Tartarus. With her Enhancement Curse which continually boosts her attack power and an Etherious Form to further boost her Strength and Speed, Kyôka is one of the deadliest Demon Gates to come up against.

Name: Marin Hollow
Guild/Affiliation: Alvarez Empire
Magic: Rule of the Area, Teleportation Magic

Marin Hollow is a subordinate of Brandish of the Spriggan 12 from the Alvarez Empire. With an attitude that can turn 180 degrees in a split second and magic that restricts opponent’s magic and how he can move around, Marin is a tricky opponent for anyone to have to deal with.

Name: Natsu Dragneel
Guild/Affiliation: Fairy Tail
Magic: Fire Dragon Slaying Magic, Lightning-Fire Dragon Mode, Fire Dragon King Mode

Natsu Dragneel is a 1st Generation Dragon Slayer and a mage in the Fairy Tail Guild. Boasting powerful Dragon Slaying techniques as well as immense magical power, durability and strength, heightened senses, impressive dexterity and endurance and mastery of hand to hand combat, Natsu is a powerful opponent for anyone to face.

Name: Neinhart
Magic: Historia of the Dead

Neinhart is a member of the Spriggan 12 from the Alvarez Empire. His magic, Historia of the Dead, allows him to bring forth people from an opponent’s history who have passed away for them to engage with and fight, and boasting the ability to create strong energy pulses along with an immense magical power, Neinhart is an opponent who is not to be trifled with.

Name: Rogue Cheney
Guild/Affiliation: Sabertooth
Magic: Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic

Rogue Cheney is a 3rd Generation Dragon Slayer and one half of the Twin Dragons of the Sabertooth Guild. Rogue boasts powerful Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic, and with the ability to use Dragon Force, his impressive strength, dexterity, endurance and speed are amplified further, and along with his expertise in hand to hand combat, he makes for a tough opponent for anyone to face.

Name: (Third Origin) Sherria Blendy
Guild/Affiliation: Lamia Scale
Magic: Sky God Slayer Magic

Sherria Blendy is a Sky God Slayer from the Lamia Scale Guild. With Third Origin giving her all the power she would obtain in her life, Sherria is as powerful as ever, and with good hand to hand combat skills as well as impressive endurance, Sherria is a very tough opponent to defeat.

Name: Wahl Icht
Magic: Machias Physiology, Alchemy, Weakness Magic

Wahl Icht is a Machias who is one of the Spriggan 12 in the Alvarez Empire. As a Machias, Wahl has the ability to change his physiology into different forms with different weapons and magic, and along with his immense magical power, electrical immunity and his impressive ability as well as the ability to cancel magic blocking particles, Wahl is a powerful opponent for anyone to face.

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Pretty sure with Natsu Dragneel, Gray Fullbuster, and Wahl Icht. They advance. I am still unsure who deserves my fourth place. Neinhart, Sherria, or Rogue. Gray can take down Kyouka as she is a demon. Marin is not a big trouble I think.

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
1) Natsu Dragneel - Natsu in base mode has shown to be able to one-shot powerful past enemies like Bluenote and in BDKM mode, he destroyed Jacob when his Transport and Stealth were countered and evaporated an entire lake (which is relatively large).

2) Wahl Icht - Wahl Icht has many kinds of weapons and attacks in his arsenal. He can shoot thousands of missiles at an opponent straight away or a anti-magic cannon that has a range of over 400 kilometres. He also has the magic 'Weakness' which allows him to use a magic opposite to his enemy's thus rendering them helpless in a fight most likely. Not to mention, in his Assault Mode he possesses several nukes and an Etherion cannon built into his arm and went on par with Laxus Dreyar, a powerful Fairy Tail mage.

3) Sherria Blendy w/ TO - TO is a very effective power-up. It allows the user to gain the magic accumulated in the future for a brief while before losing their magic permanently. With this, she was able to overwhelm Dimaria 'Chronos' Yesta, who while I consider to be a more deadly opponent than Wahl Icht, lost to Sherria due to the slayer advanatage. She doesn't have many feats other than defeating Dimaria so I placed her third.

4) Neinhart - His Historia can be very versatile and might give his opponents a tough time but if they are in a good condition or have a strong will ( which most of the good guys in the series do currently), it can be easily overcome. His durability is very low and has not shown great feats so he is fourth place.

I would rank the other contestants in the following :

5) Gray Fullbuster - He only has hype atm so can't speak much for him
6) Kyoka - In her peak, she was able to overwhelm Erza before the latter went PoF. Her curse ability is also very dangerous in a long battle.
7) Rogue Cheney - Other than being a DS who are all indeed strong, he has not shown much feats and was defeated by ISD mode Gajeel in the GMG arc.
8) Marin Hollow - Although his ability is certainly hax, the reason I place him this low is because he has not shown good offensive capabilities and some of the characters on this list will eventually learn how to overcome his spatial magic.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ah, the final battle royale. Here's my thought process for who I've voted.

The first person I'd put through would have to be Natsu Dragneel, its a no-brainer really. He's one of, if not, the strongest person in the group magic-power wise, and his Dragon Slayer techniques are very strong and ranged, giving him spells to use in CQC as well as large AoE spells as well. Given Natsu is also one of the strongest characters in terms of hand to hand combat expertise as well as the enhanced strength, senses, endurance, durability and speed that he gets from being a Dragon Slayer, as well as his modes like Lightning-Flame Dragon Mode, Flame Dragon King Mode and Dragon Force, he's unstoppable to pretty much everyone in the group.

The second person I'd put through would be Wahl Icht. With the ability to use different weapons and enhance different attributes of himself (eg. Assualt Wahl to increase his attack power) Wahl is a very dangerous opponent. He's shown he's also got Etherion up his sleeve to use that in the battle as well, so that makes him an even bigger threat.

The third person I'd put through would be (Third Origin) Sherria Blendy. Needless to say, Third Origin is an incredible power-up that gives the mage all of the power they'd achieve in their lifetime, and that definitely puts Sherria right up there in the group. With Sky God Slaying Magic, she could not only do some real damage to her opponents but she can also heal herself which gives her an ace to fall back on when the battle really heats up.

The fourth person I'd put through would be Gray Fullbuster. While Gray isn't the strongest when it comes to magic power, what he lacks there he more than makes up for with his imagination for his Ice Make Creations. Throw in Ice Devil Slaying magic and Gray becomes more of a threat, with more techniques to throw at the others in the group. Gray barely makes in, only getting in with hype tbh, but I'm willing to give him that.

As for the rest, here's how I'd rate them:

5. Neinhart
6. Kyouka and Rogue
8. Marin

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I went Natsu, Wahl, Neinhart and Gray in that order.

I took Gray over TO-Sherria. I think they compare well enough in most areas, but I'd say Gray's magic is superior in battle. I bet TO-Sherria would have been really good as a healer - and she was a decent fighter, but DeS/IM gives Gray the edge as a mage. Gray's got a better mindset/intelligence for fighting too in my opinion.

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
This fight would be really difficult for every participant. Well, these are my votes in order:

1). Neinhart
Neinhart's magic is without a doubt the most troublesome magic in a battle royale. With his Historia of Corpses, he has a big advantage against mages who fought and killed many opponents in his life. Neinhart will make this fight impossible for someone as Natsu, since he'll face the three leaders of the Balam Alliance. Neinhart has an army, while every other mage needs to fight on his own.

2). TO Chelia
Once Chelia received Third Origin she became very strong. I don't doubt about it that TO Chelia is at the same tier as Laxus and Jellal. She could defeat one of the most powerful Spriggans with ease. She'll also have an advantage in this battle thanks to her ability to heal herself. TO Chelia will go to the next round without a doubt.

3). Kyôka
Kyôka is a really powerful demon and can't be defeated without having an extreme difficult time. Thanks to her Enhancement Curse she'll become stronger every second that passes and once she uses her Etherious form it will be even worse. Since this is battle a royale, she'll become almost undefeatable thanks to her Enhancement. No one in this battle could defeat her, even Gray can't since Kyôka is on a whole different level than Tempesta. She also has Sensation Curse, which can only be countered by PoF. Kyôka will make everyone scream once this battle starts.

4). Wahl
Thanks to his Weakness Magic, he could make mages like Marin pretty useless. Once he creates Weakness robots, he won't have to worry about losing control of the fight, since his robots will take care of his opponents. Since this is a battle royale, no one will switch from Wahl's created opponents. Wahl also has his Assault Form, which will make him a lot stronger than his Base Form. Since he has an Etherious Cannon, he'll be a very dangerous opponent for everyone in this battle royale.

As for the others, I'd rank them as follow:

5). Gray
6). Natsu
7). Rogue
8). Marin

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
This fight would be really difficult for every participant. Well, these are my votes in order:

1). Neinhart
Neinhart's magic is without a doubt the most troublesome magic in a battle royale. With his Historia of Corpses, he has a big advantage against mages who fought and killed many opponents in his life. Neinhart will make this fight impossible for someone as Natsu, since he'll face the three leaders of the Balam Alliance. Neinhart has an army, while every other mage needs to fight on his own.

2). TO Chelia
Once Chelia received Third Origin she became very strong. I don't doubt about it that TO Chelia is at the same tier as Laxus and Jellal. She could defeat one of the most powerful Spriggans with ease. She'll also have an advantage in this battle thanks to her ability to heal herself. TO Chelia will go to the next round without a doubt.

3). Kyôka
Kyôka is a really powerful demon and can't be defeated without having an extreme difficult time. Thanks to her Enhancement Curse she'll become stronger every second that passes and once she uses her Etherious form it will be even worse. Since this is battle a royale, she'll become almost undefeatable thanks to her Enhancement. No one in this battle could defeat her, even Gray can't since Kyôka is on a whole different level than Tempesta. She also has Sensation Curse, which can only be countered by PoF. Kyôka will make everyone scream once this battle starts.

4). Wahl
Thanks to his Weakness Magic, he could make mages like Marin pretty useless. Once he creates Weakness robots, he won't have to worry about losing control of the fight, since his robots will take care of his opponents. Since this is a battle royale, no one will switch from Wahl's created opponents. Wahl also has his Assault Form, which will make him a lot stronger than his Base Form. Since he has an Etherious Cannon, he'll be a very dangerous opponent for everyone in this battle royale.

As for the others, I'd rank them as follow:

5). Gray
6). Natsu
7). Rogue
8). Marin
I'd rank Wahl above Kyoka. Since he is a robot he won't feel any pain from her curse.

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Natsu Dragneel, Gray Fullbuster, Wahl Icht and Sherria Blendy

Reactions: Jko

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Neinhart will make this fight impossible for someone as Natsu, since he'll face the three leaders of the Balam Alliance. Neinhart has an army, while every other mage needs to fight on his own.
I think if Natsu enters FDKM one roar would oneshot all three at once.

I do agree Neinhart would do well in this. Having 7 sources for Historia's should be handy.

She'll also have an advantage in this battle thanks to her ability to heal herself. TO Chelia will go to the next round without a doubt.
I didn't think of this tbh. This could be quite useful. Against DiMaria she was rushing to finish the fight so we didn't see her using self-healing. Might have to re-think my votes, but they'll stay for now.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I'd rank Wahl above Kyoka. Since he is a robot he won't feel any pain from her curse.
It's true her Sensation Curse won't work on Wahl, but I'd still rank Kyôka above him thanks to her advantage in a battle royale. Wahl won't defeat her once she uses Enhancement while she is in Etherious form.

I think if Natsu enters FDKM one roar would oneshot all three at once.
Hmm, I don't think so. Zero, Hades and Mard Geer were all stronger than him once Natsu fought them. It's true that he didn't had FDKM yet, but I don't think he'll oneshot any of them. Mard Geer's speed is really high, so he could easily dodge his attacks. Hades' and Zero's spells shouldn't be underestimated as well.

I didn't think of this tbh. This could be quite useful. Against DiMaria she was rushing to finish the fight so we didn't see her using self-healing. Might have to re-think my votes, but they'll stay for now.
Exactly, but we still don't know if her self-healing increases as well. I think it would though.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I think I put Rogue aside. He was pretty much owned by Natsu and Gajeel back in GMG arc, and North Spriggan team. Now, Neinhart and Sherria. Neinhart's Life Make is pretty helpful for him, but his durability is underwhelming. Sherria can just heal herself. She defeated Dimaria, but it was because her slayer advantage: Sky God Slayer magic vs God of Time Chronos. This is difficult. Who should I choose? Or should I re-consider Gray?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
My Rankings:-
i)Natsu Dragneel-No need to say why he is the strongest here.He is a High tier Spriggan level mage.In his FDKM he rivals feat wise laxus and Jellal.In his DF he is the strongest fighter on Ishgar side.In his fight against Neinhart he will one shot every opponents.Even heavily injured and weakened laxus managed to defeat Hades so FDKM Natsu will incinerate Hades while in a semi-awakened state.And Neinhart can't bring Mard Geer(it would not have made any difference)whatever the reasons might be.If he could he could have brought him against Erza.Natsu has become so strong that he can pretty much one shot Low tier and Mid tier Spriggans.That's why Hiro didn't let him fight any Spriggans like Ajeel and did not let him travel to south.When he had to fight he had to fight under restraints like against Jacob and he may fight August the strongest Spriggan.
ii)Wahl Icht.Wahl is a Mid tier Spriggan.He is the second strongest here.His lasers and strong to damage laxus.
iii)TO Sherria-She is the third strongest here.
iv)Gray-I had been tempted to put Neinhart here but i will give my vote for Gray here.Neinhart in MP may be stronger than Gray but Gray is ahead of him in other areas.His feats put him on the level of Mid tier Wizard Saint level.Though it is doubtful whether he is stronger than Makarov because of his comment on Brandish.It is not known whether he trained after 6 months.From his feats it seemed he might not have trained after 6 months.
Rest
v)Neinhart-MP wise he may be Spriggan level but in his defence,offense he lacks terribly.He is the weakest Spriggan shown till now.
vi)Rogue-Assuming he has trained i am placing him here.
vii)Marin
viii)Kyoka.

Last edited:

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
This is harder than the other groups but still rather easy to pick.

Natsu
Gray
Wahl
Neinhart

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
My Rankings:-
i)Natsu Dragneel-No need to say why he is the strongest here.He is a High tier Spriggan level mage.In his FDKM he rivals feat wise laxus and Jellal.In his DF he is the strongest fighter on Ishgar side.In his fight against Neinhart he will one shot every opponents.Even heavily injured and weakened laxus managed to defeat Hades so FDKM Natsu will incinerate Hades while in a semi-awakened state.And Neinhart can't bring Mard Geer(it would not have made any difference)whatever the reasons might be.If he could he could have brought him against Erza.Natsu has become so strong that he can pretty much one shot Low tier and Mid tier Spriggans.That's why Hiro didn't let him fight any Spriggans like Ajeel and did not let him travel to south.When he had to fight he had to fight under restraints like against Jacob and he may fight August the strongest Spriggan.
ii)Wahl Icht.Wahl is a Mid tier Spriggan.He is the second strongest here.His lasers and strong to damage laxus.
iii)TO Sherria-She is the third strongest here.
iv)Gray-I had been tempted to put Neinhart here but i will give my vote for Gray here.Neinhart in MP may be stronger than Gray but Gray is ahead of him in other areas.His feats put him on the level of Mid tier Wizard Saint level.Though it is doubtful whether he is stronger than Makarov because of his comment on Brandish.It is not known whether he trained after 6 months.From his feats it seemed he might not have trained after 6 months.
Rest
v)Neinhart-MP wise he may be Spriggan level but in his defence,offense he lacks terribly.He is the weakest Spriggan shown till now.
vi)Rogue-Assuming he has trained i am placing him here.
vii)Marin
viii)Kyoka.
Why Kyôka at last? She is without a doubt stronger than half of the opponents when it comes to a long battle. Her Enhancement Curse will make her overpowered. Anyway, she would only need her Sensation Curse to fodderize Marin and Rogue.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Natsu and Wahl are the heavy hitters. Natsu because he can oneshot Bluenote-level opponents, and knocking out Spriggans. Wahl because he went at it toe to toe with Laxus, and because of Etherion. Neinhart is next, being capable of bringing forth Hades level opponents. Nenhart himself, however, doesn't seem to be that great of a combatant, and both Natsu and Wahl have the means of low-diffing anyone dead that they knew. Afterwards, it's a toss-up for 3rd Origin Chelia or Gray. I want to say Gray because it's likely that he'll be able to face down a Spriggan, but Chelia has more feats.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Natsu and Wahl are the heavy hitters. Natsu because he can oneshot Bluenote-level opponents, and knocking out Spriggans. Wahl because he went at it toe to toe with Laxus, and because of Etherion. Neinhart is next, being capable of bringing forth Hades level opponents. Nenhart himself, however, doesn't seem to be that great of a combatant, and both Natsu and Wahl have the means of low-diffing anyone dead that they knew. Afterwards, it's a toss-up for 3rd Origin Chelia or Gray. I want to say Gray because it's likely that he'll be able to face down a Spriggan, but Chelia has more feats.
I wouldn't even have Chelia as a Spriggan tier. She faced Dimaria with a slaying advantage and still needed help from Wendy while Dimaria's best ability was being restricted. Dimaria had too many handicaps against her and Chelia still struggled. Gray should be above her by quite a bit.

Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
For Group D Battle Royale, the order in which I think the 4 characters that will advance to the next round are...

Natsu Dragneel
  • Fairy Tail Mage (One of the Strongest Guild Members)
  • Defeated Jacob Lessio (Spriggan Tier)
  • Two-Shotted Ikusa-Tsunagi and One-Shotted Bluenote (Exceptional Feats)
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Speed, Endurance, Stamina, and MP (Proficient Stats)
  • Fire Dragon Slayer Magic like Fire Dragon King's Demolition Fist, Fire Dragon King's Roar, and Crimson Lotus: Phoenix Blade (Powerful Spells)
Gray Fullbuster
  • Fairy Tail Mage (One of the Strongest Guild Members)
  • Fought Natsu on Equal Terms (Natsu's Level)
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Speed, Endurance, Stamina, Intelligence and MP (Proficient Stats)
  • Ice-Make Magic + Ice Devil Slaying Magic like Ice Devil's Rage, Ice Devil's Zeroth Long Sword, and Ice Devil's Zeroth Destruction Bow (Powerful Spells)
  • Hype (No Appearance in Current Arc)
[Third Origin] Chelia Blendy
  • Lamia Scale Mage (One of the Strongest Guild Members)
  • Defeated Dimaria (Spriggan Tier)
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Speed, and MP (Proficient Stats)
  • Sky God Slaying Magic like Heavenly Gathering of Clouds, Sky God's Bellow, and Sky God's Boreas (Powerful Spells)
Wahl Icht
  • Spriggan 12 Member (Mid-Tier Spriggan)
  • Overwhelmed Laxus (Exceptional Feat)
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Speed, Endurance, Stamina, and MP (Proficient Stats)
  • Alchemy Magic and Weakness Magic like Etherion, Super Long Distance Anti-Material Magic Cannon, and Railgun (Powerful Spells)

Reactions: Jko

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
  1. Natsu (mid-S12 tier) (1 or 2 could go either way)
  2. Wahl (mid-S12 tier) (1 or 2 could go either way)
  3. Sherria (low-S12 tier as she barely beat Dimaria with Slayer advantage)
  4. Gray (Hype)
  5. Neinhart (Magic is too dependent on the opponent and he lacks durability but still low-S12 tier)
  6. Kyouka/Marin
  7. Marin/Kyouka
  8. Rogue

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.