Group - Group D | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group D

Group D: Pick your top 4!

• Brandish μ

Votes: 38 86.4%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 41 93.2%
  • Lucy Heartfilia

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Midnight/Macbeth

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Rogue Cheney

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Skullion Raider

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • Sting Eucliffe

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Youko

Votes: 19 43.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Voting Rules:
  • The group stage is a battle royale. The four fighters with the most votes in one group will advance.
  • You may vote for up to four (4) characters in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion and voting will end on: August 14th.

GROUP D - CHARACTERS

Character Limitations and Info
  1. Sting can use White-Shadow Dragon Mode at will.
  2. In the case of sacrificial spells, as long as the sacrifice isn't the character, it is allowed, however, the sacrificed piece is considered unusable for the remainder of the battle. For example, Lucy is allowed to sacrifice her key(s) to summon the Celestial Spirit King but can no longer use the sacrificed key.
  3. Rogue has access to Future Rogue's power. Edit: This Rogue is Future Rogue.

Last edited:

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Rogue has access to Future Rogue's power.
Wait, WHAT? Is it just FR power only or its current Rogue + FR power?

Well, this one is pretty easy - there is Laxus and 7 maggots. One his nuke will obliterate everyone xd.

Laxus - quite obvious
Rogue - FR alone should be on or above spriggan lvl. With current Rogue together he should be above them.
Brandish - obvious as well
Sting - actually I don't think he is strong to be in the four, but others are just too boring

Youko - funny
Skullion - don't know how he could beat twins. There is no way his magic would work on light and shadows
Midnight - has no feats
Lucy - ...?

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
he is basically Future Rogue version. sorry I didn't pick Future Rogue's pic and had to type that because I typed regular Rogue Cheney in the info thread
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

it's not 1+1=2. it's just 1.

aymen24

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
laxus, brandish, skullion,
rogue (Future Rogue's power.)

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Brandish
Youko
Laxus
Skullion

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Going with Laxus, Brandish, Rogue (Future), and Youko (for now, only because of her Hyakki Yagyō ability) mainly because nobody here can destroy her Yokai because there's no deus ex machina Wendy.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Laxus and Brandish in the same group, is it fate ? :arf

Joke aside, i dont know many characters, nor how different characters are from the main series (power-wise), as i dont read the sequel, and I'm bad at assessing power, but basing my picks on basically what i could remember from the main series.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Laxus, for his power and durability.
Skullion, for his untouchable body and AoE Spell which can erase everything in the area as he has no ally here to not use it.
Youko, for her limitless Youkais in the area and great swordwoman as well.

I don't see anyone above these three.

Sting, in Dual Mode, should be the fourth, but not sure

Last edited:

Biri Biri

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Mah man Laxus will always get mah vote :wub

I think Skullion stands a very good chance to advance. He had shown some incredible feats like overpowering devil slayer markings Gray and not many characters are capable of achieving that. None of the other participants here wield the element of wind too; Skullion's weakness.

Brandish also has an excellent chance of progressing because her magic is one of the most dangerous. Lose focus/concentration for a second, and she will render you obsolete in the blink of an eye. She is still relevant in the present day since she has a clear ambition in the 100YQ; finding Aquarius key before Lucy does.

Hence why she was able to shrink the likes of Gray, Erza and Mira.

She can shrink almost all the participants, or enlarge herself to colossal titan size to amplify her physical attributes to astronomical level. She can shrink their attacks against her too, then launch it back at them. Her versatility is great.

I'm not really a fan of both Sting and Rogue/F.Rogue in the same fight. There's going to be too much light and shadow being thrown around lol. But the fourth spot should go to either one of them, or Youko. F.Rogue and Youko are faster and more skilled. However, Sting hits harder than them and has greater durability and endurance. We have seen how he can take a a lot of punishment in his fight with Larcade and still carry on fighting. Currently leaning towards Sting but I'm open to changing my mind. As much as I'd want Lucy to advance, even with the Celestial spirit king, her chances are minimal.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Laxus is the clear number 1 in this group.

Sting was mid+ Spriggan tier in Alverez arc with dual elements.
Future Rouge is basically x792 dual Sting, but more powerful. FR also can actually transform into light, making him the fastest character in pure speed (tho in combat speed/CQC, Laxus is number 1)
They both have shadow form, which means they can simply cheese out the group if they want to. And with Rough Silk has the best offensive power in the group after Laxus.

Skillion is number two in pure stats, but FR and Sting can cheese out to outlast him.

Brandish is a strong contender as well, but her giant form only has 3 mins. She isn't taking down laxus or skullion in that period. And Sting/FR cheese out her giant form with shadow mode.
Powered up laxus should be strong enough to outright resist her hax. So is probably Skullion (even if he isn't, Ash form counters). FR and Sting probably are as well, and even if they aren't, shadow form protects them.

Edit: I thought Youko was Yukino lol. She takes the second spot, and can give Laxus a run for his money. She was strong enough to hold her own own a while against Erza in pure combat, and has invincible summons (nobody here knows Spirior, and even if they do the summons keep respawning)

So, my 4 picks:
1/2. Laxus
2/1. Youko
3. Future Rouge
4. Sting

This is the best group IMO. There are 6 mages in the group who are strong contenders for the 4 positions
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Going with Laxus, Brandish, Rogue (Future), and Youko (for now, only because of her Hyakki Yagyō ability) mainly because nobody here can destroy her Yokai because there's no deus ex machina Wendy.
Why Brandish above Sting?

Last edited:

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Why Brandish above Sting?
They were actually the toughest for me to pick between, I chose Brandish over Sting, because Brandish's magic could be extremely dangerous here, she can literally manipulate the size of anyone here (other than Laxus) along with their attacks,

If Brandish is serious, which I presume she is, she's going to use her magic to her full advantage, shrinking attacks, shrinking and increasing the size of herself and others when needed, going full Aldo sized at the end or briefly when she gets overwhelmed, or, she could just wait the battle out by creating an extremely tall pillar for herself to sit on while the others fight, etc, her magic is just more versatile if she gets creative.

Plus, if what Dimaria said is true, and Brandish can indeed burst someone's organs, then that just solidifies her standing here at the top four, even if she can't use it mid-fight, I don't see why Brandish would be incapable of using it on a distracted opponent. We can only assume that Brandish can do it as Dimaria would have had to see her do it to point it out as a valid option.

Vis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Laxus, Skullion definitely take the top 2 positions.

In theory, Future Rogue should be in the top 4 but the fact that Natsu could even push him back just makes me a bit hesitant to put him up there.

Sting and Youko will rank in the top 5.

Laxus, Skullion, Sting and Youko for now, I guess.

lol forgot Brandish was on the list too. This is probably the most difficult group so far.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
They were actually the toughest for me to pick between, I chose Brandish over Sting, because Brandish's magic could be extremely dangerous here, she can literally manipulate the size of anyone here (other than Laxus) along with their attacks,

If Brandish is serious, which I presume she is, she's going to use her magic to her full advantage, shrinking attacks, shrinking and increasing the size of herself and others when needed, going full Aldo sized at the end or briefly when she gets overwhelmed, or, she could just wait the battle out by creating an extremely tall pillar for herself to sit on while the others fight, etc, her magic is just more versatile if she gets creative.

Plus, if what Dimaria said is true, and Brandish can indeed burst someone's organs, then that just solidifies her standing here at the top four, even if she can't use it mid-fight, I don't see why Brandish would be incapable of using it on a distracted opponent. We can only assume that Brandish can do it as Dimaria would have had to see her do it to point it out as a valid option.
Sting was mid+ Spriggan tier, and defeated the 3rd strongest Spriggan. So he has decent stats, even considering that he hard countered Larcade.
But anyway, even if Brandish is strong enough to make her hax work on him (which maybe the case), shadow form counters her hax. Giant form can last only for 3 mins during which he can stay in shadow form, and shadow form prevents mass manipulation from being used on him.
Also, Skillion is arguably strong enough to resist as well, if he's serious and powered up.

Brandish could've burst Natsu's organs because he was off guard, powered down and thought her an ally. Or else I doubt it can be done.
I mean, saying she can organ burst is like saying Mest one shots with mind control, Jellal one shots with self destruction circle or bind snake etc.

Laxus, Skullion definitely take the top 2 positions.

In theory, Future Rogue should be in the top 4 but the fact that Natsu could even push him back just makes me a bit hesitant to put him up there.

Sting and Youko will rank in the top 5.

Laxus, Skullion, Sting and Youko for now, I guess.

lol forgot Brandish was on the list too. This is probably the most difficult group so far.
That was Natsu powered by Atlas Flames, right? LFD Natsu was one shot material for future Rouge.

Yeah, this is definitely the most interesting group.

Vis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That was Natsu powered by Atlas Flames, right? LFD Natsu was one shot material for future Rouge.

Yeah, this is definitely the most interesting group.
He was pushing him back when they were still in the palace. They even had a little scuffle. It was obvious Rogue was superior, but if he was on WSD Sting’s level (which, in theory, he should be stronger than), then I imagine him literally just punting him down casually.

I just don’t think Hiro initially planned to give everybody a boost as big as they received during the time between Tartarus and Avatar, so just doesn’t quite add up.

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Sting was mid+ Spriggan tier, and defeated the 3rd strongest Spriggan. So he has decent stats.
But anyway, even if Brandish is strong enough to make her hax work on him (which maybe the case), shadow form counters her hax. Giant form can last only for 3 mins, and shadow form prevents mass manipulation from being used on him.
Also, Skillion is arguably strong enough to resist as well, if he's serious and powered up.
I never really bought Larcade as the third strongest, he was self-proclaimed, if I remember correctly. I always viewed God Serena or Dimaria (due to her hax) at that spot.

Brandish used her hax on both Gray and Gajeel, I think she has enough MP to use it on anyone here besides maybe Laxus.

Yes, Aldo Giant Form only lasts for three minutes, that's why I came up with the strategy of her using it briefly when she really needs it, but with her magic she could also use even the smallest of rubble to her advantage, for example, say Laxus is standing above a small rock and goes to roar at her, all she has to do is increase the size of the rock, thus causing Laxus to miss her,

And, like I said, she could likely increase/decrease the size of magical attacks launched at her, her magic can be used for heavy defense.

Brandish could've burst Natsu's organs because he was off guard and thought her an ally. Or else I doubt it can be done.
I mean, saying she can organ burst is like saying Mest solos with mind control, Jellal solos with self destruction circle or bind snake etc.
That's why I didn't use organ bust as an argument, I just pointed out that it was an option for her since this is a battle royal she could potentially catch people who aren't focusing on her off guard.

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Brandish
Youko
Laxus
Skullion
So are you implying that Youko and Brandish are over Laxus and Skullion?

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
He was pushing him back when they were still in the palace. They even had a little scuffle. It was obvious Rogue was superior, but if he was on WSD Sting’s level (which, in theory, he should be stronger than), then I imagine him literally just punting him down casually.

I just don’t think Hiro initially planned to give everybody a boost as big as they received during the time between Tartarus and Avatar, so just doesn’t quite add up.
That was casual FR, right? He just wanted to test Natsu's power before he got serious. When he got serious, he immediately one shot LFD Natsu amped on POF.

That's likely true.
And anyway, I don't consider the powercreep to be as high as people consider. It just seemed that way because Spriggans were very haxxy. But apart from hax, with few exceptions, they were lame in combat

I never really bought Larcade as the third strongest, he was self-proclaimed, if I remember correctly. I always viewed God Serena or Dimaria (due to her hax) at that spot.

Brandish used her hax on both Gray and Gajeel, I think she has enough MP to use it on anyone here besides maybe Laxus.

Yes, Aldo Giant Form only lasts for three minutes, that's why I came up with the strategy of her using it briefly when she really needs it, but with her magic she could also use even the smallest of rubble to her advantage, for example, say Laxus is standing above a small rock and goes to roar at her, all she has to do is increase the size of the rock, thus causing Laxus to miss her,

And, like I said, she could likely increase/decrease the size of magical attacks launched at her, her magic can be used for heavy defense.
He was portrayed that way by Zeref and Mavis too. Irrespective of your feelings towards the character himself or his feats, you do see the portrayal here, right? He had a special portrayal compared to the rest.
And anyway, him flooring Gildarts and Laxus with a mere overflow of his powers alone warrants him being the 3rd strongest Spriggan. Serena was Gldarts level at best, so Serena gets floored as well. And even if he is a virgin (lol) and resists, he has no counter to sleep.
Larcade's MP should be high enough to easily resist Dimaria's timestop.
Both by feats and by portrayal, Larcade is number 3.

Brandish used hax on a defeated Gray. And base, powered down Gajeel.
Skullion is far stronger than both.

How does Brandish deal with shadow mode though? She probably wins against Sting without it.

That's why I didn't use organ bust as an argument, I just pointed out that it was an option for her since this is a battle royal she could potentially catch people who aren't focusing on her off guard.
Actually you are right about this.
Since it's a battle royal, she will definitely catch someone off guard, it's bound to happen.

But for me, the dealbreaker here is that whatever she is capable of with the utility of her magic, there is no way she gets around:
- shadow mode of Sting and FR
- ash body of Skullion

They are hard counters for her ability, and are better in scenarios like battle royals.

Maybe she can catch Youko off guard tho and use organ burst, making the battle royal more interesting.

So are you implying that Youko and Brandish are over Laxus and Skullion?
The dude thinks Brandish solos the entire FT guild lmao, so of course

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Laxus is the clear number one on this list as he brings power, DS durability, speed, and versatility with him.

Skullion has frustrated Team a profusely and continues to make himself relevant enough power wise that his hax has remained useful.

Sting has the dual mode now, and the better performance. I take him as my dual wielder over FR. I don’t think GMG arc Natsu could beat current Sting.

I’m leaning Brandish over an of the others because her hax does lend itself to combat quite nicely. Just don’t think she pulls the wool over on any of these 3. She barely edges out Rogue. I can be convinced

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Sting has the dual mode now, and the better performance. I take him as my dual wielder over FR. I don’t think GMG arc Natsu could beat current Sting.

I’m leaning Brandish over an of the others because her hax does lend itself to combat quite nicely. Just don’t think she pulls the wool over on any of these 3. She barely edges out Rogue. I can be convinced
FR one shotted LFD Natsu amped on POF. He was barely beaten by x791 Natsu powered by Atlas Flames (who also lost in the period Ultear reversed IIRC). AF Natsu >>>>>> regular x791 Natsu
Also, he should be stronger than x792 Sting purely based on him being basically x792 Sting + more experience

Future Rouge can transform into shadow, with counters anything Brandish can do against him. He waits out the 3 mins of giant form in shadow mode, and nullifies effect of mass manipulation used on his through shadow magic. Without her giant form, she gets one shot by Rough Silk
Alternatively, he can just cheese in shadow mode and wait for Laxus to finish off Brandish.

Also, why not consider Youko? Nobody has spirior here, so her summons are invulnerable. She has enough stats to tango for a while with red pants Erza as well

Just realized.

Youko in her yokai form is invulnerable to everything except spirior too. In that case, she solos the entire group. Don't think anyone here is strong and fast enough to finish her off before she transforms, especially with her invulnerable summons protecting her

Changing my rankings to:
1. Youko
2. Laxus
3. Future Rouge
4. Sting

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
He was portrayed that way by Zeref and Mavis too. Irrespective of your feelings towards the character himself or his feats, you do see the portrayal here, right? He had a special portrayal compared to the rest.
And anyway, him flooring Gildarts and Laxus with a mere overflow of his powers alone warrants him being the 3rd strongest Spriggan. Serena was Gldarts level at best, so Serena gets floored as well. And even if he is a virgin (lol) and resists, he has no counter to sleep.
Larcade's MP should be high enough to easily resist Dimaria's timestop.
Both by feats and by portrayal, Larcade is number 3.
I do see the portrayal of Larcade, he stated he was in the top three and had deadly hax (like 80% of other Spriggans), and to me he definitely is in the top five, I just don't see him as top three. But, here's the thing about that, Gildarts or Laxus probably could have resisted his pleasure if they weren't caught off guard by it and was face to face, I see the same scenario with Serena, no way Larcade is putting that man down without a fight. Plus, Serena is a direct counter to hunger, all he has to do is feast on the wind, Sting resisted RIP, I'm pretty sure someone as strong as Serena or Gildarts could resist it as well.

How does Brandish deal with shadow mode though? She probably wins against Sting without it.
Well, if we strictly go by feats and what we were shown, Sting doesn't know how to go into the shadows without help, but, let's assume that he has learned how to do it, that still doesn't mean he beats Brandish just because he can go into the shadows, it'll irk her definitely, and it would certainly give her a tough time, but it won't beat her, and unlike with Larcade, he isn't her hard counter, she can use her magic on him.

And, like I pointed out, Sting could throw attacks at her, but, what's stopping her from shrinking them and rendering them useless? I doubt Sting has higher MP than her, stats and MP are two very separate things, he could have better stats, but I don't see him having enough MP to resist her hax.

Actually you are right about this.
Since it's a battle royal, she will definitely catch someone off guard, it's bound to happen.

But for me, the dealbreaker here is that whatever she is capable of with the utility of her magic, there is no way she gets around:
- shadow mode of Sting and FR
- ash body of Skullion

They are hard counters for her ability, and are better in scenarios like battle royals.
To be fair, Brandish isn't stupid, I don't see her going after someone who can resist her magic, but if she were to fight Sting or Skullion, just because they can resist her hax, doesn't mean that they can defeat her, Brandish doesn't have to target her opponents body to be deadly or dangerous, she could use her surroundings, or focus on shrinking/expanding their attacks to defend herself. She's a beast if she uses her magic in the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.