Group - Group D | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group D

Group D: Pick your top 4!

• Brandish μ

Votes: 38 86.4%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 41 93.2%
  • Lucy Heartfilia

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Midnight/Macbeth

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Rogue Cheney

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Skullion Raider

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • Sting Eucliffe

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Youko

Votes: 19 43.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
I do see the portrayal of Larcade, he stated he was in the top three and had deadly hax (like 80% of other Spriggans), and to me he definitely is in the top five, I just don't see him as top three. But, here's the thing about that, Gildarts or Laxus probably could have resisted his pleasure if they weren't caught off guard by it and was face to face, I see the same scenario with Serena, no way Larcade is putting that man down without a fight. Plus, Serena is a direct counter to hunger, all he has to do is feast on the wind, Sting resisted RIP, I'm pretty sure someone as strong as Serena or Gildarts could resist it as well.
From what I see, the way Larcade's hax worked is a clear indication about how Mashima sees magic power levels:
1. Zeref. Affected by his hax, but was just an annoyance to him. Clearly he has the highest MP here
2. Eileen. Affected by hax and nerfed. But still on her legs and can fight.
3. Larcade
4. Gildarts floored
5. Laxus floored

The way Larcade's hax works isn't near instantaneous effect, like timestop or clap hax or mass manipulation. It's a continuous effect, sort of like a channeling spell (which is why Zeref asked him to stop). So if Gildarts or Laxus could've overpowered, they would've done so. Like Eileen for eg, who certainly overpowered it to an extend.

I agree Serena is a direct counter to hunger, which was why I mentioned only pleasure and sleep. Serena has no counters to them.
Sting resisted RIP because of shadow mode. Without shadow mode, he was toast

Well, if we strictly go by feats and what we were shown, Sting doesn't know how to go into the shadows without help, but, let's assume that he has learned how to do it, that still doesn't mean he beats Brandish just because he can go into the shadows, it'll irk her definitely, and it would certainly give her a tough time, but it won't beat her, and unlike with Larcade, he isn't her hard counter, she can use her magic on him.

And, like I pointed out, Sting could throw attacks at her, but, what's stopping her from shrinking them and rendering them useless? I doubt Sting has higher MP than her, stats and MP are two very separate things, he could have better stats, but I don't see him having enough MP to resist her hax.
Yea, I'm assuming he would've mastered shadow mode by now. Or at least comfortable enough with it. Since it's x793

What's stopping her?
The fact that WSD Sting >>> Brandish in pure stats. Brandish is Lucy tier in combat. She only held back in using her powers effectively against Lucy.
Sting runs circles around her.
Rough silk defeated the 4th strongest Spriggan in pure stats (yeah, who except August. Eileen and Serena has superior stats? Enough to block every single slash from Kagura with a single finger?). It easily one shots Brandish unless she's in giant form (in which case Sting waits out in shadow form). She isn't fast enough to counter with her hax, or durable enough to tank.

To be fair, Brandish isn't stupid, I don't see her going after someone who can resist her magic, but if she were to fight Sting or Skullion, just because they can resist her hax, doesn't mean that they can defeat her, Brandish doesn't have to target her opponents body to be deadly or dangerous, she could use her surroundings, or focus on shrinking/expanding their attacks to defend herself. She's a beast if she uses her magic in the right way.
That would be combat speed and stats.
Skullion and Sting far outclass her in both these categories. For every spell she nullifies with her hax, they land 5 hits on her. Simply because they're far superior in combat.
And her greatest assets - using giant form, or using mass manipulation on mages - is rendered useless against Skullion, Sting and FR.

Unfortunately for Brandish, 3 mages here are one of the few counters to her magic. And Laxus is Laxus.
Add her to any other group and she probably lands a spot in top 4.

Last edited:

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Brandish is way underestimated.

She managed to save Gray from Skullion's strongest attack so far while being far away. She's clearly a cut above them both if she decided to put her back into it. She was the only one not intimidated by Aldoron, and she effortlessly transformed Gajeel so he could contend with Aldoron, the 3 min limit was Gajeel's limit, not Brandish.

The only contender I could see for Brandish would be the Laxus himself, but the obvious outcome is that they will wipe the floor with every other contestants, and then go on a date.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Brandish is way underestimated.

She managed to save Gray from Skullion's strongest attack so far while being far away. She's clearly a cut above them both if she decided to put her back into it. She was the only one not intimidated by Aldoron, and she effortlessly transformed Gajeel so he could contend with Aldoron, the 3 min limit was Gajeel's limit, not Brandish.

The only contender I could see for Brandish would be the Laxus himself, but the obvious outcome is that they will wipe the floor with every other contestants, and then go on a date.
She used her hax on a defeated Gray. How does that put her above Skullion and peak Gray?
x792 Gray himself was near high tier Spriggan, when serious. Serious x793 Gray destroys her faster than he destroyed Invel.

Gajeel was about to get one shot the moment Aldo got serious, and this was after Aldo got seriously nerfed. The time limit was the only thing that saved Gajeel from certain death.
3 mins was Brandish's limit, what makes it Gajeel's limit? Brandish used the hax on him.

The issue for Brandish in this group is that ash body, and shadow mode are counters to her giant form and mass manipulation (used on mage's body).

Orphan Prince

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
From what I see, the way Larcade's hax worked is a clear indication about how Mashima sees power levels:
1. Zeref. Affected by his hax, but was just an annoyance to him. Clearly he has the highest MP here
2. Eileen. Affected by hax and nerfed. But still on her legs and can fight.
3. Larcade
4. Gildarts floored
5. Laxus floored

The way Larcade's hax works isn't near instantaneous effect, like timestop or mass manipulation. It's a continuous effect. So if Gildarts or Laxus could've overpowered, they would've done so. Like Eileen for eg, who certainly overpowered it to an extend.
Yes, but Zeref and Irene knew what was happening, meanwhile Gildarts and Laxus didn't, therefore they couldn't resist because they simply didn't know what was going on, that's why I said they could probably resist to a point if they were right in front of Larcade.

What's stopping her?
The fact that WSD Sting >>> Brandish in pure stats. Brandish is Lucy tier in combat. She only held back in using her powers effectively against Lucy.
Sting runs circles around her.
Rough silk one shotted the 4th strongest Spriggan in pure stats (yeah, who except August. Eileen and Serena has superior stats? Enough to block every single slash from Kagura with a single finger). It easily one shots Brandish unless she's in giant form (in which case Sting waits out in shadow form). She isn't fast enough to counter with her hax, or durable enough to tank.
Yes, I agree, Rough Silk could potentially one-shot Brandish if he could hit her with it, but, again, this is a battle royal filled with powerful mages, if she isn't blitz'd and taken out fast, then she's going to have a lot of rubble to work with, and this is a battle royal, there is no guarantee that she would go after Sting, Rogue, or Skullion or that they would go after her,

That would be combat speed and stats.
Skullion and Sting far outclass her in both these categories. For every spell she nullifies with her hax, they land 5 hits on her. Simply because they're far superior in combat.
And her greatest assets - using giant form, or using mass manipulation on mages - is rendered useless against Skullion, Sting and FR.

Unfortunately for Brandish, 3 mages here are one of the few counters to her magic. And Laxus is Laxus.
Add her to any other group and she probably lands a spot in top 4.
Like I said, she doesn't need to use it on their bodies, she could use it on their magic and on her surroundings, she could also manipulate and send their attacks back at them like she did to Lucy.

Zelefomavis

Reaction score
Country
France
She used her hax on a defeated Gray. How does that put her above Skullion and peak Gray?
x792 Gray himself was near high tier Spriggan, when serious. Serious x793 Gray destroys her faster than he destroyed Invel.

Gajeel was about to get one shot the moment Aldo got serious, and this was after Aldo got seriously nerfed. The time limit was the only thing that saved Gajeel from certain death.
3 mins was Brandish's limit, what makes it Gajeel's limit? Brandish used the hax on him.

The issue for Brandish in this group is that ash body, and shadow mode are counters to her giant form and mass manipulation (used on mage's body).
I was not clear enough, what is impressive is not that her magic worked on defeated Gray. It's that it can :
1) Save someone (even herself) from Skullion's stronger attack
2) Went undetected
3) Has an enormous range

Brandish herself stated that 3minutes was Gajeel's limit, not hers. He probably can't wistand her power for more than 3 minutes. And she clearly was non exhausted at all, if it took everything from her, she would be panting and sweating. She did not.

You claim that ash can counter her. Gray was partially transformed into ash and yet Brandish magic saved him. So I don't see why she could not save herself.
And I don't see why she could not affect the size of shadows or ash attack with command T.

Biri Biri

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Never imagined the day would come when I would have to defend Brandish.

If Brandish puts her best effort in it, I think she has a good chance to overcome the likes of Skullion, Sting and F.Rogue. Just take a look at this.

Such finesse :zomg

She would instantaneously shrink Skullion's black ash and WSD rough silk :hee

Rogue mentioned before that the shadow world can only be accessed momentarily. Hence why he has never shown to be hiding inside of it for a prolonged duration.
One can be dragged out of the shadow world by brute force.
Which Brandish can achieve with her titanic strength in giant form.

Alternatively, she could shrink the piece of land that the shadow is at. This would be faster, actually.

Brandish deliberately threw the fight with Lucy. It was like play fighting with a child, and letting the kid win. She has shown the ability to make lives a living hell when she's serious. The enormous range and flexibility of her magic is formidable :hip

It doesn't feel right to put F.Rogue too highly. It didn't take Natsu and Atlas Flame to beat F.Rogue. It took Natsu and Atlas Flame to beat F.Rogue and Motherglare. F.Rogue had Motherglare on his side. It was a mammoth task to ask Natsu to defeat Motherglare by himself then. During the x791 GMG, someone like Jura is regarded as a monster. Laxus could only managed to defeat Jura with the greatest of difficulty then. In x793, Jura can easily be defeated by Serena. Whilst Laxus could kill Spriggans. I find it highly doubtful F.Rogue is still as large a threat as he was in x791.

Ok, I better stop this talk about Brandish before @Jko becomes over-excited lol :teehee

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Laxus, Skullion, Sting, Youko. Dunno about Brandish, or F.Rogue, maybe they could replace Sting, maybe

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States
Youko is seriously being slept on....

She held back Natsu's group with her summons, and gave Erza a mid-diff fight in her Yokia form. Not only this but no one here has Spirior to counter her.

Youko - Reason above
Laxus - On the same level as Erza
Skullion - Similar situation as Youko where not many here can counter his power. He's intangible with one shot abilities.

These three are pretty much solid. For my last pick, I gotta go with Brandish, if were taking the rules seriously, Brandish won't hold back an inch and the moment she goes big, most here are dying from just one of her stomps. Though she might get insta negged by Skullion being such a big target lmao

Also got to say, I'm surprised people are even considering F.Rouge....dude isn't even Spriggan level.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France

She held back Natsu's group with her summons, and gave Erza a mid-diff fight in her Yokia form. Not only this but no one here has Spirior to counter her.

Youko - Reason above
Skullion - Similar situation as Youko where not many here can counter his power. He's intangible with one shot abilities.
Yes, I think these three are "sure" to be in the quartet. I don't see anyone rivaling with them or counter them.
My question is still on the Number Four. Still confuse....

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
1 - Brandish (one-shot everyone with his hax, has to be gildarts tier to be above spriggans mp imo)
2 - Laxus (stronger than the rest)
3 - Sting (better feats, mid spriggan level imo)
4 - Skullion (low spriggan level)

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
So are you implying that Youko and Brandish are over Laxus and Skullion?
Youko took on all of Team Natsu who were enhanced by Elentir. She also has an endless horde that Laxus cannot touch in.

Brandish is self explanatory.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Youko - Reason above

These three are pretty much solid. For my last pick, I gotta go with Brandish, if were taking the rules seriously, Brandish won't hold back an inch and the moment she goes big, most here are dying from just one of her stomps. Though she might get insta negged by Skullion being such a big target lmao

Also got to say, I'm surprised people are even considering F.Rouge....dude isn't even Spriggan level.
Brandish already negged Skullion's magic but I agree with mostly everything you said.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Honestly not seeing how Sting nor F.Rogue (who is fodder) are being placed in top 4.

Laxus and Brandish in the same group, is it fate ? :arf

Joke aside, i dont know many characters, nor how different characters are from the main series (power-wise), as i dont read the sequel, and I'm bad at assessing power, but basing my picks on basically what i could remember from the main series.
Landy is back

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Laxus, Skullion, Sting, and Brandish.

The major thing that hold me back from rolling with Youko is that Erza defeated her with a joke armour. The 4 armed armor wasn't actually meant to be used for combat. It was meant for display during the Harvest Festival. It's a prop. Granted, nobody can actually out her summons without spiritual power, but Lucy is also in this battle and her spirits can pretty much keep the spirits occupied while somebody defeats Youko herself.

I consider Sting to be stronger than F!Rogue because POF. But WSD silk beats anyone here except maybe Laxus if it lands, so it's really a toss-up.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
laxus is strongest in the group oneshots any1 that faces him'
Brandish
skullion
youko

sting and rogue are fodders now

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
es, but Zeref and Irene knew what was happening, meanwhile Gildarts and Laxus didn't, therefore they couldn't resist because they simply didn't know what was going on, that's why I said they could probably resist to a point if they were right in front of Larcade.
Ok, maybe.
That's again a possibility only. We didn't see anyone resist except Zeref and Eileen. They could've tried powering up, but didn't.

But anyway, I see your point here, it's debatable.

Yes, I agree, Rough Silk could potentially one-shot Brandish if he could hit her with it, but, again, this is a battle royal filled with powerful mages, if she isn't blitz'd and taken out fast, then she's going to have a lot of rubble to work with, and this is a battle royal, there is no guarantee that she would go after Sting, Rogue, or Skullion or that they would go after her,
The fact that it's a battle royal makes it easier. Everyone here except Lucy and maybe Midnight is above her in pure stats. She'll have a hard time keeping up with their speed.

Anyway, I was talking about the hypothetical of any of them versus Brandish.
Honestly, she would be a high priority considering they know how hax she is. In which case she gets taken out fast

Ok, at least you agree Rough Silk one shots her. So that's something.

Like I said, she doesn't need to use it on their bodies, she could use it on their magic and on her surroundings, she could also manipulate and send their attacks back at them like she did to Lucy.

undefined
Yes, and I already recognized that she can use mass manipulation on their magics.
For every attack she counters with command T, five land on her. Because they are far superior to her in pure stats.

And no, command T isn't working on Rough Silk or Black Ash just because it worked on Lucy's attacks. Lucy's strongest attacks would have the same effect on Gray, Skullion, Sting etc as it did on Mira and Elfman - nothing, and this is when Lucy had star dress mix, something much stronger than anything she used against Brandish.
Rough Silk was an attack that defeated her superior. And Black Ash defeated x793 DeS Gray. To claim she nullifies them is NLF. Or else, give me a limit. At which point would command T stop working on attacks? You can't keep saying she nullifies everything with command T.

Do you also believe that she can maintain giant form for however long she wants, and 3 mins was "just the limit she set on Gajeel"?

I was not clear enough, what is impressive is not that her magic worked on defeated Gray. It's that it can :
1) Save someone (even herself) from Skullion's stronger attack
2) Went undetected
3) Has an enormous range

Brandish herself stated that 3minutes was Gajeel's limit, not hers. He probably can't wistand her power for more than 3 minutes. And she clearly was non exhausted at all, if it took everything from her, she would be panting and sweating. She did not.

You claim that ash can counter her. Gray was partially transformed into ash and yet Brandish magic saved him. So I don't see why she could not save herself.
And I don't see why she could not affect the size of shadows or ash attack with command T.
1. Ok that's true, if Skullion isn't paying attention. But still I can grant this a possibility. It's debatable
2. That's because Skullion thought he already destroyed Gray and didn't pay attention
3. Sure

Where did she state that?
What's the limit? Can't be indefinite.

That was honestly BS. Gray's arms were ash, how TF did she return them to normal? She can manipulate size, but not regrow arms and organs. That still bothers me.

Command T works on magic. Which means against stronger magics, it has lesser effect.
Sting and Skullion are both at a higher level. Sting's dual mode was strong enough to defeat Larcade, the 3rd strongest Spriggan. Skullion matched x793 Mira and defeated x793 DeS Gray. Black ash defeated someone as strong as Gray
You can't say command T negs every attack. As with every magic, it's effectiveness is also dependent on how strong the enemy magic is. Skullion and Sting >>>> x792 Lucy
Or else give me a limit. I want to know how strong of a magic you think she can nullify.

The major thing that hold me back from rolling with Youko is that Erza defeated her with a joke armour. The 4 armed armor wasn't actually meant to be used for combat. It was meant for display during the Harvest Festival. It's a prop. Granted, nobody can actually out her summons without spiritual power, but Lucy is also in this battle and her spirits can pretty much keep the spirits occupied while somebody defeats Youko herself.

I consider Sting to be stronger than F!Rogue because POF. But WSD silk beats anyone here except maybe Laxus if it lands, so it's really a toss-up.
Youko overwhelmed red pants Erza, that means something right?
That was a joke armour in Earth, but in Elentir, that was no longer the case

Anyway, her Yokai form is immune to everything except Spirior. How can anyone here take her out?

What POF did Sting have?
Future Rouge was has 6 years above Sting. He has more mastery of dual DS magic than anyone in the series. He even can turn into himself into light, something not even Sting has shown so far.
FR should be above Sting anyway we look at it.

Vex_Haid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
1. Brandish
2. laxus
3. sting (with powerup)
4. rouge (future)

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
sting and rogue are fodders now
Why? x792 Sting beat a high tier Spriggan, and future Rouge is above x792 Sting

Even if you argue Sting countered Larcade. He was still fast and strong enough to take him down. Larcade was fast and strong enough to counter every single slash from Kagura with a single finger
Obviously Sting loses without the advantages he had, but that he had enough stats to take down Larcade is not something you can ignore.

Rogue mentioned before that the shadow world can only be accessed momentarily. Hence why he has never shown to be hiding inside of it for a prolonged duration.
undefined
He meant the senses would be heightened momentarily whenever he access shadow mode.

That wasn't a limitation on the time he can be in shadow mode

One can be dragged out of the shadow world by brute force.
undefined
Gajeel dragged him out of shadow mode by becoming a shadow himself. Not y brute strength.

Alternatively, she could shrink the piece of land that the shadow is at. This would be faster, actually.
undefined
How would shrinking land affect shadow? It would just move over to the new mass that takes it's place

Brandish deliberately threw the fight with Lucy. It was like play fighting with a child, and letting the kid win. She has shown the ability to make lives a living hell when she's serious. The enormous range and flexibility of her magic is formidable :hip
Obviously she threw the fight.
But she held back in that she didn't use her hax effectively.

Lucy's fight did give us an idea of Brandish's other stats. Lucy could injure her and blitz her. While Elfman no sells her her strongest attack from stardress mix, which she didn't have against Brandish

She has high MP and range. But low in other stats.
For every spell from Skullion or Sting she nullifies using mass manipulation, five more land on her. Simply because they are superior in combat stats.

I know you will disagree with this, so tell me. How high do you think Brandish's stats are? Restrict mass manipulation on body, self or enemy (but she can use on other things, like on enemy magic, on land mass etc) and put in her combat. This would give us an idea about her stats. How strong do you think this Brandish is pure combat stats?

t doesn't feel right to put F.Rogue too highly. It didn't take Natsu and Atlas Flame to beat F.Rogue. It took Natsu and Atlas Flame to beat F.Rogue and Motherglare. F.Rogue had Motherglare on his side. It was a mammoth task to ask Natsu to defeat Motherglare by himself then. During the x791 GMG, someone like Jura is regarded as a monster. Laxus could only managed to defeat Jura with the greatest of difficulty then. In x793, Jura can easily be defeated by Serena. Whilst Laxus could kill Spriggans. I find it highly doubtful F.Rogue is still as large a threat as he was in x791.
Motherglare didn't give FR any powerup. Atlas Flames gave Natsu a massive powerup. That's the difference.

FR already one shotted LFD Natsu amp'd on POF, so that tells us everything we need to know about where Natsu without AF stands. AF Natsu >>>>>>> regular x791 Natsu
LFD Natsu amp'd on POF would definitely give Jura a high diff battle, but FR one shotted him. FR can destroy every single mage in GMG without much trouble, So, I think it's unfair to scale him with Jura.
And anyway, the scaling for FR comes from scaling Sting. FR is basically x792 Sting + more experience.

And again, GS is pure stats with no hax, like Natsu.
You can't extrapolate his combat stats to other Spriggans. I doubt Jacob or DImaria for eg, are defeating Jura with anything below high diff, if we restrict their hax. The average Spriggan, like Brandish, is strong because of hax, not because they're particularly strong in combat.

Last edited:

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Ok, maybe.
That's again a possibility only. We didn't see anyone resist except Zeref and Eileen. They could've tried powering up, but didn't.
I think you misunderstand his ability. Larcade's hax doesn't affect peoples def or mp, you basically cant resist it by flexing you magic power, this is why he is so special in Zeref's words. Not because he is so strong, but because there is no many ways to resist him. His "magic" works on you like on living being, not like on wizard. Gildarts was floored literally cuz he was enjoying it so much through his life. While we clearly saw that Laxus was merely on his knees. It works comparable to how you like pleasure (or how much you had it). We know that Laxus is much stronger than regular spriggan, Gildarts should be even higher. And Larcade was defeated by halfdead Sting. He got enough mp to affect entire battlefield, but his stats are just poor. He blocked Kagura's sword, so Ajeel deflected Jupiter shot without any efforts at all. So its not something entirely different comparing to other spriggan.
You have to resist his hax through you living body, not with magic power. Kagura literally overpowered his hax with a single tongue bite. Sting overpowered hunger hax without even doing anything. He got weaker, but still beat Larcade. Sting under hunger and RIP with heavy injures without much mp (Rogue was also already beaten at that point) was able to beat Larcade with a single attack (he made few attack early, but it was barely something).

I think Larcade is really overrated here. Do you really think he can stand against Laxus or Gildarts in one on one? Well, Gildarts definitely gets trouble from his life style xd but its Gildarts. He outspeed him easily. Laxus won't get any trouble at all. He fought Wahl under much more pressure than some pleasure hax.

Larcade's hax is powerful only on far distance, where people cant get fast to him. If its close battle - he won't even be able to cast it. And his tentacle version of it can be destroyed. Hunger doesn't floor people. RIP... well, I think it can make some trouble, but also it is not instantaneous. With his poor stats in close combat Larcade is really weak compared to powerhouses. I doubt he can win against any of the spriggan in one on one close combat. Maybe Jacob and Nienhart for obvious reasons

Last edited:

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I think you misunderstand his ability. Larcade's hax doesn't affect peoples def or mp, you basically cant resist it by flexing you magic power, this is why he is so special in Zeref's words. Not because he is so strong, but because there is no many ways to resist him. His "magic" works on you like on living being, not like on wizard. Gildarts was floored literally cuz he was enjoying it so much through his life. While we clearly saw that Laxus was merely on his knees. It works comparable to how you like pleasure (or how much you had it). We know that Laxus is much stronger than regular spriggan, Gildarts should be even higher. And Larcade was defeated by halfdead Sting. He got enough mp to affect entire battlefield, but his stats are just poor. He blocked Kagura's sword, so Ajeel deflected Jupiter shot without any efforts at all. So its not something entirely different comparing to other spriggan.
You have to resist his hax through you living body, not with magic power. Kagura literally overpowered his hax with a single tongue bite. Sting overpowered hunger hax without even doing anything. He got weaker, but still beat Larcade. Sting under hunger and RIP with heavy injures without much mp (Rogue was also already beaten at that point) was able to beat Larcade with a single attack (he made few attack early, but it was barely something).

I think Larcade is really overrated here. Do you really think he can stand against Laxus or Gildarts in one on one? Well, Gildarts definitely gets trouble from his life style xd but its Gildarts. He outspeed him easily. Laxus won't get any trouble at all. He fought Wahl under much more pressure than some pleasure hax.

Larcade's hax is powerful only on far distance, where people cant get fast to him. If its close battle - he won't even be able to cast it. And his tentacle version of it can be destroyed. Hunger doesn't floor people. RIP... well, I think it can make some trouble, but also it is not instantaneous. With his poor stats in close combat Larcade is really weak compared to powerhouses. I doubt he can win against any of the spriggan in one on one close combat. Maybe Jacob and Nienhart for obvious reasons
Debatable. That's an interpretation. Maybe true, may not be.
I just use the regular rule that "magic power > hax", where you resist a hax if your MP is far stronger.
I think Acno would've just brushed off anything Larcade threw at him.

He was strong enough to block every single attack from Kagura with a single finger. Nobody except August, Eileen and Serena has superior stats than Larcade. He lost to Sting because he got hard countered. Rough Silk has the reputation of being one of the hardest hitting spells in the series. It defeated LFD Natsu amp'd on POF, and demon Jiemma who was stronger than every demon gate. Going down to rough silk isn't a downgrade

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
FR one shotted LFD Natsu amped on POF. He was barely beaten by x791 Natsu powered by Atlas Flames (who also lost in the period Ultear reversed IIRC). AF Natsu >>>>>> regular x791 Natsu
Also, he should be stronger than x792 Sting purely based on him being basically x792 Sting + more experience

Future Rouge can transform into shadow, with counters anything Brandish can do against him. He waits out the 3 mins of giant form in shadow mode, and nullifies effect of mass manipulation used on his through shadow magic. Without her giant form, she gets one shot by Rough Silk
Alternatively, he can just cheese in shadow mode and wait for Laxus to finish off Brandish.

Also, why not consider Youko? Nobody has spirior here, so her summons are invulnerable. She has enough stats to tango for a while with red pants Erza as well

Just realized.

Youko in her yokai form is invulnerable to everything except spirior too. In that case, she solos the entire group. Don't think anyone here is strong and fast enough to finish her off before she transforms, especially with her invulnerable summons protecting her

Changing my rankings to:
1. Youko
2. Laxus
3. Future Rouge
4. Sting
We remember that fight differently. His best attacks were because Natsu wasn’t expecting him to literally turn to Light. An nothing in that part of the series scales to anything in Alvarez. The power jump is massive, and FR’a lackluster performance overall doesn’t rate. I have literally zero doubt modern day Sting mops him.

Youko - Reason above

Youko gets destroyed if she goes up against Laxus.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Debatable. That's an interpretation. Maybe true, may not be.
I just use the regular rule that "magic power > hax", where you resist a hax if your MP is far stronger.
I think Acno would've just brushed off anything Larcade threw at him.

He was strong enough to block every single attack from Kagura with a single finger. Nobody except August, Eileen and Serena has superior stats than Larcade. He lost to Sting because he got hard countered. Rough Silk has the reputation of being one of the hardest hitting spells in the series. It defeated LFD Natsu amp'd on POF, and demon Jiemma who was stronger than every demon gate. Going down to rough silk isn't a downgrade
I believe Acno doesn't have desires except dragons extinguishing xd Also, even if it works on Acno, I think Larcade cant make a need so high so it would affect a dragon. Yeap, it needs magic power to apply, but I don't think it affects people's magic power. Just regular people's desires are too low compared to Dragons', especially Acno. If a dragon feels hunger as high as normal human may, it won't make a difference to him cuz his appetite is tiers above. So Larcade's hax won't work on dragons not because they are too powerful at magic, but because their bodies are on entirely different lvl. The same way I think he cant affect someone who doesn't need to sleep or eat (maybe demons don't need? I don't know). Well, I think you get my point ;)

He wasn't hard countered. Sting just resisted his tentacles magic, thats literally all. Sting was affected by hunger and RIP. He resisted RIP with shadow, yes, but not to the point to call it hard counter. Before RIP, Sting got damaged so hard, I don't even get why he didn't die instantly there. You always says that Spriggans are all about haxes. So is Larcade. Sting resisted his tentacles - others could just destroy it. Sting resisted hunger - why cant others? Sting resisted sleep for some time before going into shadow - so may others. Sting was so weakened at that point, and still he beats him with a single attack. A highly doubt the same Sting could beat DeS Gray.

About Silk being so powerful - twins took down Jiemma by Union Raid. Its not a single person attack. So it must be more powerful. And regardless of all it, Sting beat Larcade when he was already halfdead both physically and magically (maybe not magically, but physically - definitely).

PS. Jiemma was stronger than other Gates, but Gates are utters trash. Sting nodiffs base Jiemma. Sting + Rogue with Union Raid beat demon Jiemma. I see no problem here at all

Status
Not open for further replies.