Discussion - Health or Taste? | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Health or Taste?

What do you prefer in your food/beverage?

• Total voters

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
You guys who prefer health over taste are weird.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You guys who prefer health over taste are weird.
Not weird, I cant agree with that. Because one its duh, health and secondly, its not weird for having a difference of opinion or taste. ^^

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
It is weird. It's like choosing to live in a slum when you can afford to live in an expensive mansion.

Machi-tan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
^ Perfect. In all honesty I'm trying to recover from thanks giving... i was dieting like a good trooper.. then i made the switch from the slums to a mansion... now i don't want to go back.

TStew

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It is weird. It's like choosing to live in a slum when you can afford to live in an expensive mansion.
Keep your mansion, I'll take my cabin in the woods any day. :^_^ and with any luck I wont be riddled with health problems later in life.

And you can't compare health to slums, there really isn't anything good about living in the slums. But a whole lot of good about eating healthy. :)

Last edited:

Claire-Ruiz

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hi, I don't want to feel the pain anymore and regret so I'll be choosing a healthy food than the taste I prefer. I had a surgery two years ago because of fatty and salty foods and I don't want to happen it again.

Enola

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
We all eat and drink, right? If you don't, and you're reading this now, then you'll probably die in a few hours/days/something if you don't have a way of getting nutrition in your body.

Anyway, whenever we eat or drink, we tend to go after either taste or health. What do you look for in a food or drink?

I go for taste, most of the time. I feel like life's not worth living if I don't enjoy the food, though I do try to go for health as well.

What's good to eat or drink that has both health and taste? Some of 'em are obvious, but yeah.
I can agree with you because I prefer the taste too :XD I think almost the same about life and food, I don't like to eat smth which is healthy but not tasty. Besides my body doesn't like some healthy products at all, I feel not very comfortable after eating them... :blink Maybe it's strange but that's how it is. Also I like different drinks, especially coffee made with such machines, which is considered not healthy too :noworry But I can't live without it! :rolleyes:
On the other hand I stopped to eat fast food and try not to eat some really unhealthy products like the "fast meal" which buy for home those people who don't like or are simply lazy to cook :pleased I also think sometimes that in future I can change my tasty food to the healthy one :neutral

bihari

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Eyrie
Both. :zomg
Now, add the third option in the poll. :arf

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
No, you can only choose one

SheepyTurtle

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think there's something to be said for healthy food. People instantly make the assumption that if it's healthy, it must taste bad, or be some primordial goop from a juicer.

I'm a culinarian by trade, so I thoroughly enjoy making healthy delicious foods. To me, the key component to remember in this is the use of savory spices and sauces. Health also doesn't necessarily mean that the food itself is chock full of vitamins - it could also refer to the cooking method used to make the dish.

For example, steaming and roasting are rather healthy methods, but sometimes offer a trade off ((some of your vitamins leech into the steam water, or are lost due to denaturing by the extreme heat used in roasting)).

A baked cut of salmon with sautéed green beans, roasted sweet potatoes with tumeric, cinnamon and garlic powder, half an avocado, and some field greens or baby spinach. Super healthy, but not stuff that people commonly reach for. Salmon is a more fishy flavored fish, but is very good for your heart. The sweet potatoes supply good fiber, and the cinnamon, tumeric, and garlic are good for increasing appetite and diarrhea moderation, anti-inflammatory (( great for me, as I suffer from IBS )) and cardiovascular health, and blood pressure reduction, all respectively.

It is said that you should let food be your medicine, and your medicine be food, and in a way, I cannot disagree. I see a few people wanting to pick both options, and I just want to urge you that you can eat healthy and have a delicious plate of food!

Feel free to always pm me your food questions, because I'll help out however I can. I love food!

tl;dr - healthy food is derishus too

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Taste of course, but you have to be mindful of your health. So just manage it really.

luckydaisy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I prefer taste if I need to choose. However, I try to strike a balance between the taste and health in every day life. I also try to work out more if I eat something unhealthy.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Taste, easily. Healthy I should start looking at but my metabolism is pretty above average although I don't work out as often as I did in the past. I'll find a good medium eventually.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Healthy f/b will automatically taste delicious to my tongue. Not all tasty f/b are healthy ones. All healthy ones are tasty. So, health.

Polemos

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
To be honest, I'd pick both. I want to eat healthy, but I won't get something that tastes like... well, you can guess what I wanted to say. I think you can't really separate those both things, because of your personal tastes. Forcing yourself to eat healthy, but not liking what you eat isn't that good. You'll grow tired and digusted with it. You can of course find some good recipes on the Internet, there's tons of things to make that are both tasty and healthy. You just need to put some effort in it.

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I like msg.

Selene

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
everybody prefers taste be honest, but there are lot people who will say otherwise though.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
everybody prefers taste be honest, but there are lot people who will say otherwise though.
Well truthfully, I'm sensitive to a lot of food lately (Especially 'fatty' types of food and dairy), so I tend to avoid that. These days I eat a lot healthier than I did before. At first it was mainly because it just would disrupt my day a lot, not very fun if you're in pain after eating.
So I'd rather eat healthy food than tasty food, because it'd make me feel better physically. The lenght of the pain is not worth it at all for me.
But nowadays, I've grown to love the taste of healthy food.

I honestly think it's what you are used to. For some people, healthy food isn't tasty because they aren't used to the taste and prefer different types of food. I can fully understand that.

LightYagami563

Reaction score
Country
England
I prefer to combine both to be honest! I don't go for majorly unhealthy foods but you can definitely eat healthily while still enjoying super tasty food.

kawaii_i

Reaction score
Country
United States
The taste for me, which is bad. I suffer a lot because I don't eat healthily, however, there are some tasty meals that are also healthy but they take too much time to prepare or are expensive...