Discussion - Hiatus X Hiatus | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

twasdfzxcv

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Another Hiatus after this week. What will be the fate of this section?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Hiatus

Who knows.... Hopefully it will be a hiatus similar to what the big 3 go through every 2 months or so and we will get a chapter week after next (wishful thinking)....

isrnick

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Who knows.... Hopefully it will be a hiatus similar to what the big 3 go through every 2 months or so and we will get a chapter week after next (wishful thinking)....
No, doesn't looks like this will be the case... kewl0210 posted this on nexgear forum:

"I got the raw from mangastream, since I translate for them. I'm not allowed to post it though. But the spoilers are right.
It's cool, too bad it's going on hiatus again. They don't say anything about how long it would be, just the usual "This manga will be going on hiatus for a while from this issue. Please understand. News of the continuation will be announced in the magazine.""

Last edited:

twasdfzxcv

Reaction score
Country
United States

Probably off playing some other games, like ff14 beta or something.

Bludvein

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

sigh. I wouldnt be at all upset if the guy actually had a good reason for the hiatus', but the only information about it seems to lean towards him just taking breaks to hang out since hes rich anyway.

Really, has anyone actually found any article about health problems?

Despite that, hes the highest payed mangaka in Jump with all the benefits, and gets immediately serialized whenever he feels like working.>.<

It wouldve been nice if he couldve atleast finished the arc first..

ish3

Reaction score
Country
United States

sigh. I wouldnt be at all upset if the guy actually had a good reason for the hiatus', but the only information about it seems to lean towards him just taking breaks to hang out since hes rich anyway.

Despite that, hes the highest payed mangaka in Jump with all the benefits, and gets immediately serialized whenever he feels like working.>.<

Nah man, last year Togashi had a new born son. He was mostly taking care of him enjoying his growth you know. Being a father. This time I'm not sure what it is but he seriously should have finished this arc first.

shouryuujo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Nah man, last year Togashi had a new born son. He was mostly taking care of him enjoying his growth you know. Being a father. This time I'm not sure what it is but he seriously should have finished this arc first.
but isnt his wife like stay home mom? Not like she's doing sailor moon anytime soon. if it is just taking care of the kid he could do like 1 chap /2 weeks or something but not long hiatuses? but i agree it is bad timing but then again i *suppose* it is OK spot to break since the next series of chapters will be gon vs king...

ish3

Reaction score
Country
United States

but isnt his wife like stay home mom? Not like she's doing sailor moon anytime soon. if it is just taking care of the kid he could do like 1 chap /2 weeks or something but not long hiatuses? but i agree it is bad timing but then again i *suppose* it is OK spot to break since the next series of chapters will be gon vs king...
I just don't like the indefinite side of it. Like he should at least say when it's coming back. Then it wouldn't bother me at much. It's expected as of now.

jiro

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

so is it hiatus again? or just 1 week break?

"please understand" ??? :blink

HP2009Eagle

Reaction score
Country
United States

If a reason was given it'd be more understandable. Plus I kinda dislike how the current arc has gone especially in the most recent chapters. Wtf was up with gons design, I cant understand the bruce banner to hulk transformation but lol whats with that stupid 100 feet of hair.

I wonder why they just dont cancel it at times, making 10-30 chapters then taking a break for months & repeating it.

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Another Hiatus after this week. What will be the fate of this section?
The hiatus is certainly a negative when it comes to HxH having its own section. However, at this time, we have no plans to get rid of it. HxH still has a ton of material that can be discussed and we look forward to its eventual return (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Other than that, lets not turn this thread into a "agony" thread about the hiatus. It is what it is. Instead, how do these breaks effect your overall opinion of the story? Do you feel that they take away from what is otherwise a very interesting story or do they have no impact whatsoever?

naruto91

Reaction score
Country
Italy

i decided...i LOVE this manga (it's one of my favourites), but these hiatus are really annoying..."Please understand"...at least he could tell us the reasons...i'm sorry, but i'll drop that manga. if one day i'll read something like "hxh will finish" or something similar, i'll read it for sure. i don't want to read a manga that i won't see its ending in my life. sayonara togashi, you lost another reader ^^

Shinichiro

Reaction score
Country
United States

...I thought it was a well-known fact that he had some severe health problems. He's known to have some nasty back condition where it hurts a LOT to sit over a drawing board and I've also heard talk about his health-many speculate it's heart-related.

Haven't seen any news articles on the nature of those problems m'self, but then again I live in the US and there's not really much coverage of mangaka in our media.

I have, however, found updates and articles saying that he has vague health problems or illnesses. I'd imagine they're not releasing everything for privacy reasons as well.

Last edited:

twasdfzxcv

Reaction score
Country
United States

...I thought it was a well-known fact that he had some severe health problems. He's known to have some nasty back condition where it hurts a LOT to sit over a drawing board and I've also heard talk about his health-many speculate it's heart-related.

Haven't seen any news articles on the nature of those problems m'self, but then again I live in the US and there's not really much coverage of mangaka in our media.

I have, however, found updates and articles saying that he has vague health problems or illnesses. I'd imagine they're not releasing everything for privacy reasons as well.
I think I saw some rumor saying that he was spotted participating in comic con and wrote about being addicted to online game in one of the volumes.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Is togashi really sick? I have heard that before but only as unconfirmed rumors. I thought the general consensus about the hiatuses was that those were kinda his thing and he was taking care of his family.

Hamy

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

I don't think we've ever gotten a solid confirmation on the rumors as to why Togashi has long hiatuses, I mean the health rumors are just run of the mill already (what dampens its credibility is the fact that Togashi was seen at some convention in good health when the health rumor was circulating). As for family well... he had a long hiatus prior to his wife's pregnancy and perhaps it extended when she got pregnant. I think we only had the whole Togashi caring for his family info when he wrote it down in the sleeve of an HXH volume. Long story short Jump's pretty secretive as to what his reasons are.

Shiro-kun

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

There are multiple speculations .....

1.) he's sick again ...
2.) he has a kid take care of
3.) he wants to play an new video game
4.) he is re-drawing the manga chapters for takubon release
5.) he just wants to take a break for the sake of taking a break

there just speculation ..., who knows what he wants to do rumors fly around and get distorted or sent out of proportion.

I hope he comes back in a few months though :\ first time i read HxH was right before the Major Hiatus so i wonder ... :(

Dive

Reaction score
Country
United States

first time i read HxH was right before the Major Hiatus so i wonder ... :(
I think it's in the best interest in all of the HxH fans if you stopped reading until the series is over. ;)

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Well, togashi said he was going to work harder this year but publishing to volumes in a row hardly counts..... Last year he did two in a year I think so I guess it is very possible he'd do at least 2 more volumes this year so perhaps the manga would be back by the end of the summer.

Shiro-kun

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I think it's in the best interest in all of the HxH fans if you stopped reading until the series is over. ;)
whats the fun in that?:tem

being critical and cynical is different if you been wondering what ive been sayin on thread threads lately:blink

but anyways i dont agonize over the fact of hiatuses for too long, its just his way it seems :darn