Discussion - Hiatus X Hiatus | Page 93 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

Drakrami

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Balearic Islands
so when did we go on Hiatus? I dont remember anymore, has it been 3 years and more?

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
so when did we go on Hiatus? I dont remember anymore, has it been 3 years and more?
November 26, 2018

So two more months for three years.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
What are the chances that

1. Togashi decided to quit and just not tell Sheuisha so he can keep making money

2. Togashi decided to quit and did tell Sheuisha but they are milking the series for as long as they can?

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
What are the chances that

1. Togashi decided to quit and just not tell Sheuisha so he can keep making money

2. Togashi decided to quit and did tell Sheuisha but they are milking the series for as long as they can?
At this point, I imagine he doesn't need the money (and then add in who he's married to).

And it's just the way things work with series that go on indefinite hiatus. Bastard and Glass Mask have been on break since 2012. No ending announcement. Nana since 2009. No ending announcement.

lulukaruins

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
Honestly the scenario I can picture with beside health issues is procrastination, and this could also related to distractions in life such raising up kids, or just wanted to having time for yourself which led to procrastination. I believe he has many ideas and projects, too much even. It's just those external variables that hindered him to continue to draw, yeah specifically drawing since drawing by yourself took a lot of time and effort even if you have assistants.

I just hope at least all this time he already finished the name for SW arc not just the ideas on his head since it's a big difference between the two.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly the scenario I can picture with beside health issues is procrastination, and this could also related to distractions in life such raising up kids, or just wanted to having time for yourself which led to procrastination. I believe he has many ideas and projects, too much even. It's just those external variables that hindered him to continue to draw, yeah specifically drawing since drawing by yourself took a lot of time and effort even if you have assistants.

I just hope at least all this time he already finished the name for SW arc not just the ideas on his head since it's a big difference between the two.
Procrastination often gets labeled as a bad thing because we associate it with stuff like having a school paper and bullshitting it 15 minutes before it's due
(not that I would know anything about that :whistle) but I think it can be a good thing especially when it comes to art.

If the saying art imitates life is true then it's important for artists to well...live their lives and let inspiration come naturally.

DDed

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Only 2 news for Togashi related are:
Yu Yu Hakusho new merch and LA from Netflix Japan production

Level E 10 anniversary merch

Last edited: