Discussion - Hiatus X Hiatus | Page 92 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

Aeneas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
On the other hand, it is unclear how Togashi's condition is right now, it might aswell be absolutely fine since he got his surgery,
I think his health problems are at time overestimated because of that 'toilet' statement. That was when he was in his worst condition if i recall correctly, it does not necessarily have to do with anything he experiences right now.

At the end of the day, nobody here knows what togashi actually does every day.
He didn't have surgery. Explicitly said he was able to avoid it, unless there's some other mention of it.

And problems like these don't just go away. Which I imagine is why he mentioned his health in the 390 author comment.

Edit: here's the surgery comment.

Last edited:

Kanmuru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
On the other hand, it is unclear how Togashi's condition is right now, it might aswell be absolutely fine since he got his surgery,
I think his health problems are at time overestimated because of that 'toilet' statement. That was when he was in his worst condition if i recall correctly, it does not necessarily have to do with anything he experiences right now.

You are right, nobody here knows what he is up to. I just don't like when ppl come here and say "oh yeah, he should be working, much dragon quest, such lazy" The guy doesn't owe us anything
Overestimated tho? idk about that. Not being able to SIT for years is something really critical.

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China

smh if nobody knows why do you speculate over his condition lol .-.

DDed

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
So basically, there is an unpopular theory about Togashi (from a fan):
Actually, Togashi is trying to completed the SW arc in 3 years and until it's done, he will upload all in once, then published weekly so he could have his own hiatus break by that time he released
----------

To be honest, hell nah I don't think he is gonna do it because I expected the progress of the story is gonna took us like 6-7 years to be done, but as pandemic, it extended longer than that, like by that time OP is gonna end in 2-3 arcs

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Imagine if HxH returns the 999th day... Wouldn't it be great :scry.
Personally, I bank on 1001 announcement, like in the stories of 1001 nights.

But real Talk, for Corona reasons, I can see a 30 chapter release in early 2022. At least I am really sure it will be more than 10 chapters this time and probably more than 20.

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
:emocat

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
😭
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Personally, I bank on 1001 announcement, like in the stories of 1001 nights.

But real Talk, for Corona reasons, I can see a 30 chapter release in early 2022. At least I am really sure it will be more than 10 chapters this time and probably more than 20.
bro forget 30 chaps can we get a sign from heaven that togashi is still alive

i will celebrate if he releases one (1) chapter in all of 2022

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States
You are right, nobody here knows what he is up to. I just don't like when ppl come here and say "oh yeah, he should be working, much dragon quest, such lazy" The guy doesn't owe us anything
Overestimated tho? idk about that. Not being able to SIT for years is something really critical.
why do you guys say stuff like this? Like you are a savior to him or something? People have the right to speak about whom they want as long as its not offensive. Nobody owes anybody anything.. So next time somebody gets something wrong of yours and you get mad remember.. they dont OWE you anything.. This includes work..

For some reason people forget that WE are the ones who decide if an author is successful or not. we BUY the comics/manga. We buy the merch etc. This goes for anything really. Celebrities etc.

This isnt to say be inhumane because at the end of the day hes sick and nobody should be putting their work over health. But some of yall are toxic. If I want another chapter, nobody is saying he should kill himself for it. But its simple.. I want another chapter. People have come up with ideas on how that can happen and yet you get toxic people. "He doesnt owe us anything" "Hes human" "Hes done enough". Imagine telling an artitst that has incomplete work that his incomplete work is enough. That's an insult.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
For some reason people forget that WE are the ones who decide if an author is successful or not. we BUY the comics/manga. We buy the merch etc. This goes for anything really. Celebrities etc.
That is often repeated, but actually not true. You do not decide that.

After all, nobody buys manga as charity. People bought HxH because they enjoyed it. That is why Togashi is successful, because he created an enjoyable manga people were willing to put money into. Every single time people bought a magazine or volume, that was a transaction. After the transaction, the responsibilities ended on both sides.

Fans do not owe an author to keep sticking to a work they do not enjoy anymore, but just as much, an author does not owe a fan a schedule the fan likes.

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
why do you guys say stuff like this? Like you are a savior to him or something? People have the right to speak about whom they want as long as its not offensive. Nobody owes anybody anything.. So next time somebody gets something wrong of yours and you get mad remember.. they dont OWE you anything.. This includes work..

This isnt to say be inhumane because at the end of the day hes sick and nobody should be putting their work over health. But some of yall are toxic. If I want another chapter, nobody is saying he should kill himself for it. But its simple.. I want another chapter. People have come up with ideas on how that can happen and yet you get toxic people. "He doesnt owe us anything" "Hes human" "Hes done enough". Imagine telling an artitst that has incomplete work that his incomplete work is enough. That's an insult.
So you are calling me toxic because i don't like people that come here and say "togashi is lazy AF"?
I don't mind people opinions as long as they have a good point and know a little bit of context of the whole situation.
If you want another chapter that's completely fine. Now coming here to call a man with a serious condition "lazy" is completely different and i'm calling out only that type of comment.

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States
That is often repeated, but actually not true. You do not decide that.

After all, nobody buys manga as charity. People bought HxH because they enjoyed it. That is why Togashi is successful, because he created an enjoyable manga people were willing to put money into. Every single time people bought a magazine or volume, that was a transaction. After the transaction, the responsibilities ended on both sides.

Fans do not owe an author to keep sticking to a work they do not enjoy anymore, but just as much, an author does not owe a fan a schedule the fan likes.
That was a small bit of what consumers do. If he made HxH and nobody bought anything regarding it or even read it, it wouldn’t be successful. You know full and well that consumers are what make businesses. Not saying to have entitlement but any business owner know that without us/you there business wouldn’t be any business. This goes for ANYTHING in life. If we stop going to Walmart eventually they would close down.

an author doesn’t owe us a schedule.. yes. Though consistency is key. Fortunate for him is that his manga has already made an impact and prolly will go down as a legend. So authors like him is showed respect which is will warranted. But not everybody is on that level and should not be treated as such. Your polls will drop, your sales will drop and ultimatley the craft or business you created will flop.

So you are calling me toxic because i don't like people that come here and say "togashi is lazy AF"?
I don't mind people opinions as long as they have a good point and know a little bit of context of the whole situation.
If you want another chapter that's completely fine. Now coming here to call a man with a serious condition "lazy" is completely different and i'm calling out only that type of comment.
No. Because people can say they want a chapter and you get rants like yours. Like we shouldn’t want a new chapter because he’s sick. Wanted a new chapter is unrelated to his health. I can want a new chapter and still want him to be healthy. Rarely anybody is calling him lazy and if they did it’s because they don’t know the situation. Everytime I come into this thread it’s ALWAYS people saying “an author doesn’t owe us anything” like stop with that.

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
No. Because people can say they want a chapter and you get rants like yours. Like we shouldn’t want a new chapter because he’s sick. Wanted a new chapter is unrelated to his health. I can want a new chapter and still want him to be healthy. Rarely anybody is calling him lazy and if they did it’s because they don’t know the situation. Everytime I come into this thread it’s ALWAYS people saying “an author doesn’t owe us anything” like stop with that.
Bro do you even read? I just said that if you want a new chapter it's completely okey. What i don't accept is people calling him names or doubting if the guy is even interested in his art, like what is that nonsense?
"Rarely anybody is calling him lazy" I suggest you go back and you'll find a lot of these comments and dragon quest memes (yeah, DQ memes in 2021)
Anyways, the guy doesn't owe us a minute of his life, if he want's to retire today he is in all his right. He's been doing this work way before a lot of us were even born and some people have the audacity to call him lazy xDDDDDDDDDD

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bro do you even read? I just said that if you want a new chapter it's completely okey. What i don't accept is people calling him names or doubting if the guy is even interested in his art, like what is that nonsense?
"Rarely anybody is calling him lazy" I suggest you go back and you'll find a lot of these comments and dragon quest memes (yeah, DQ memes in 2021)
Anyways, the guy doesn't owe us a minute of his life, if he want's to retire today he is in all his right. He's been doing this work way before a lot of us were even born and some people have the audacity to call him lazy xDDDDDDDDDD
saying hes playing DQ is the same as calling him lazy? Noted.

cOnSiStEnCy Is KeY
Keep that same energy when your job decides to pay you whenever they feel like it. :)

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
That was a small bit of what consumers do. If he made HxH and nobody bought anything regarding it or even read it, it wouldn’t be successful. You know full and well that consumers are what make businesses. Not saying to have entitlement but any business owner know that without us/you there business wouldn’t be any business. This goes for ANYTHING in life. If we stop going to Walmart eventually they would close down.

an author doesn’t owe us a schedule.. yes. Though consistency is key. Fortunate for him is that his manga has already made an impact and prolly will go down as a legend. So authors like him is showed respect which is will warranted. But not everybody is on that level and should not be treated as such. Your polls will drop, your sales will drop and ultimatley the craft or business you created will flop.
The point is that if what he did was not great, consumers would not buy it. They dont buy it out of the kindness of their heart, but because togashi is amazing at that. He has a product people want. That is his skill, not his customers' kindness. So he does not owe them anything.

The same goes for walmart. People go there because they have good prizes and variety. That is the only reason. People go there because walmart has what they want. Walmart does not owe them that, as the consumer is just driven by selfishness.

That is different when it comes to patreon, but that is not the case here. Consumers are rarely actual allies of the writers. THey are his customers and that is a very different thing. He does not owe them anything, instead, he needs to convince them to keep buying. TOgashi can do that just fine.