Discussion - Hiatus X Hiatus | Page 91 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

Diivil

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I was so wrong
The Covid situation in Japan doesn't seem like it's been improving. They entered another lockdown just last week.

Even if Togashi's health improves and he's ready to restart, would it really be worth the risk?

Might have to wait until the November or even beyond January, with the hope that vaccination process gets more effective.

Kanmuru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
The Covid situation in Japan doesn't seem like it's been improving. They entered another lockdown just last week.

Even if Togashi's health improves and he's ready to restart, would it really be worth the risk?

Might have to wait until the November or even beyond January, with the hope that vaccination process gets more effective.
Pretty sure his use of assistants now is greater than ever and there's no reason to put himself on risk just for a couple of chapters. Sadly, we'll need to wait

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
In 23 days, Togashi will have been in Hiatus for 1000 days.

On the plus side, I think when he returns, it will pretty definitely be 20 or 30 chapters he brings back.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
its seriously been that long, I've perpetually thought its just been on a year long hiatus.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
1000 days... Damn...

I wish they could at least inform us a bit on social media or something.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China

On the plus side, I think when he returns, it will pretty definitely be 20 or 30 chapters he brings back.
bruh this stat hits straight to the vein

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah, its really kinda crazy.

I would also like to know how Togashi currently works on HxH. If i had to assume, I'd think he is still preparing the chapters at a normal pace but does not return due to covid, so will be able to stack them up. But obviously I do not know that.
Yet, I cannot imagine that there are not at least 20 rough drafts of the next chapters ready somewhere. Obviously, he might also take the time to go farther ahead and plan out more of the next arc in depth instead of preparing more chapters.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's weird that I really get used to the hiatus.
This is what I am now.

Anyway, I hope at least 30 chapters when He comes back. Which will be painful in the aftermath. I'm so excited!

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
seeing you comment like this makes it even more painful to bear with

pepehands

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dont get it Togashi is 55 so his age isnt bad and I am assuming hes got to have a pretty good income for best medical attention. I think he doesnt know what the hell to do anymore with HxH because he has so many characters involved in the cruise ship arc heading to the dark continent which is why his hiatus might be taking longer than usual.

Such as what do I do with family succession arc,

What to do with phantom troup with Hisoka and Kurapika involved,

Beyond Netero and The Zodiacs,

Gon and Killua and maybe Zoldycks family involvement later to their voyage to the dark continent,

How do I make the Dark continent seem so dangerious with the 5 threats and will I include more threats that can go S-rank when I rated the Chimera ant incident as a B where the royal guards and Meruem/post nuke Meruem bodied everybody that declared themselves as strong along with the chairman getting involved?

More stories of Don freecs and his whereabouts as being still currently alive according to Ging in the dark continent.

Did Maha Zoldyck have an involvement in the dark continent? Netero vs Mereum and Killua vs Youpi has shown us no matter how OP the Zen ability is that a major difference in the amount of Zen present is what matters the most. Mereum did end bruised and chewed up, maybe Netero could have had a fighting chance to beat him in his prime but during his prime they made Maha sound overpowering as saying Netero was lucky to survive.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The Strawhats spent 7 years riding on Going Merry.
Kurapika is on the blackwhale since almost 6, safe to assume the HxH boatride will take longer than the SH rode on Going Merry.

Hiatus facts.

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Dont get it Togashi is 55 so his age isnt bad and I am assuming hes got to have a pretty good income for best medical attention. I think he doesnt know what the hell to do anymore with HxH because he has so many characters involved in the cruise ship arc heading to the dark continent which is why his hiatus might be taking longer than usual.

Gon and Killua and maybe Zoldycks family involvement later to their voyage to the dark continent,

How do I make the Dark continent seem so dangerious with the 5 threats and will I include more threats that can go S-rank when I rated the Chimera ant incident as a B where the royal guards and Meruem/post nuke Meruem bodied everybody that declared themselves as strong along with the chairman getting involved?

More stories of Don freecs and his whereabouts as being still currently alive according to Ging in the dark continent.

Did Maha Zoldyck have an involvement in the dark continent? Netero vs Mereum and Killua vs Youpi has shown us no matter how OP the Zen ability is that a major difference in the amount of Zen present is what matters the most. Mereum did end bruised and chewed up, maybe Netero could have had a fighting chance to beat him in his prime but during his prime they made Maha sound overpowering as saying Netero was lucky to survive.
lol. People don't get this, but chimera ants are a B threat because you can just nuke them (like they did) and you are done with them. Any small country with a rose bomb could've dealt with them. The other threats are greater because they can be a virus or a desease that can wipe humanity if it's spread and there's no bomb that can help you against that. Meruem alone prob was a powerhouse even by DC standards but this continent is not about powerlevel is just raw nature.

Also, Togashi is a genius, you really think he doesn't have anything planned out and he is just throwing random stuff? Come on now, the guy planned a lot of the high of the series really early on at the beginning of each arc or even arcs before and you can see that really easy

DDed

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
The Strawhats spent 7 years riding on Going Merry.
Kurapika is on the blackwhale since almost 6, safe to assume the HxH boatride will take longer than the SH rode on Going Merry.

Hiatus facts.
I mean, there was prediction about Luffy becomes the PK is when we get to see the anti-climatic of this arc XP
Also by that time probably is when GTA 6 is out
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

He's building the "Tolkien arc" - I am pretty sure that what he's gonna do considering Dark Continent is a huge big land for his later arcs
And also of course in Tolkien's world building there is no definition on who the main character that set on the point (especially depends on which timeline - Ex: The Hobbit - Bilbo; LOTR OG war - Frodo/Sam; Middle Earth when the Ring was created - Talion)

Last edited:

pepehands

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
lol. People don't get this, but chimera ants are a B threat because you can just nuke them (like they did) and you are done with them. Any small country with a rose bomb could've dealt with them. The other threats are greater because they can be a virus or a desease that can wipe humanity if it's spread and there's no bomb that can help you against that. Meruem alone prob was a powerhouse even by DC standards but this continent is not about powerlevel is just raw nature.

Also, Togashi is a genius, you really think he doesn't have anything planned out and he is just throwing random stuff? Come on now, the guy planned a lot of the high of the series really early on at the beginning of each arc or even arcs before and you can see that really easy
The Zobae disease is the only thing that is considered a virus and disease the other 4 are life forms

and because they are life forms they will have to be a bigger threat than Mereum. Ging even assumed that the route Beyond will take might introduce a 6th threat but that is all on the East because the west side of the dark continent is still being explored based on Ging's assumption of Don Freecs still being alive or not. Japan has pretty decent economy and the claim of falling ill in your early 40s just draws skepticism especially being around the 300 chapter mark where all the interesting stuff occurs or he just plans on making HxH is lifetime career until he hits retirement, Thats good and all but I dont want him to stretch it to the point that it goes unfinished like Berserk.

Ebrietas-

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
The Zobae disease is the only thing that is considered a virus and disease the other 4 are life forms

and because they are life forms they will have to be a bigger threat than Mereum. Ging even assumed that the route Beyond will take might introduce a 6th threat but that is all on the East because the west side of the dark continent is still being explored based on Ging's assumption of Don Freecs still being alive or not. Japan has pretty decent economy and the claim of falling ill in your early 40s just draws skepticism especially being around the 300 chapter mark where all the interesting stuff occurs or he just plans on making HxH is lifetime career until he hits retirement, Thats good and all but I dont want him to stretch it to the point that it goes unfinished like Berserk.
Bigger threat doesn't mean stronger in a fight. Ai(Nanika) can technically kill Meruem with a wish but would you say it is stronger in a fighting sense?? Netero was not satisfied by the dark continent because this place is not about individual strength but an endless battle of survival with no winners and losers

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I never said all of them are a virus or disease, I was talking about the level of threat to humankind. Because you said "how can i make a bigger threat than meruem if he is a B" well, even something like covid can be a bigger threat than him if it gets out of control and wipes out half the population, that was my point. A lot of stuff in the DC can easily reach A or S threat regardless of meruem beating all the cast with 1 hand.

Also, the guy has health problems since yuyu hakusho, that was 30 years ago you know? I don't think anyone here can talk so lightly about his condition. He even wrote that it felt good to be able to sit on the toilet again, after who knows how much time.. that's rough.
It's easy to talk from a position of youth and healtyness, we don't know what he has to endure.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
On the other hand, it is unclear how Togashi's condition is right now, it might aswell be absolutely fine since he got his surgery,
I think his health problems are at time overestimated because of that 'toilet' statement. That was when he was in his worst condition if i recall correctly, it does not necessarily have to do with anything he experiences right now.

At the end of the day, nobody here knows what togashi actually does every day.