Discussion - How Powerful Is Enel considering everyone now? | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion How Powerful Is Enel considering everyone now?

roxas_strife2

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would regard Enel as someone who could have been Admiral, Shichibukai, and maybe even Yonkou. He can sense intent within a huge range, whereas Luffy's untrained Haki could only see that premonition because that one was meant to nearly kill him. If one went at someone with the intent of doing light damage they could overcome this. Enel can move fast as lightning, which would make it very difficult for a Haki user, seeing as actual Haki attacks are almost entirely close-range, or are an object imbued with the power of Haki, such as the arrows of the Kuja tribe. Enel has already proven he can handle combat of that variety well enough to almost beat Luffy(at that point in the series). I'm just saying, were it not for Luffy's DF, everybody in that arc would have been screwed entirely. He is a very strong character.

On another note, I think people belittle Crocodile too much. xD

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I think enel might be a tad on the weak side concerning his physical capacities. Luffy with gear two was able to keep up with the guy, I doubt the strong people around would have trouble keeping up with enel.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
^ That was a long time ago. Just as Luffy, BB and others have improved over time...what's stopping Enel? Nothing. The possible "improvements" in strength may not be on the same level as others but I still reckon he can become stronger in other ways. Thunder lancer/sword lol.

The dude is a BEAST!

I miss his badass attitude and that logia ability...zomg! I really hope he does return to the story one day...

"The day Croco-boy met Enel"...lol now that would be funny.

Schabrak

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Some really look down on him to much. Characters can be as strong as they want, but having a distance as that from his ship, they wont be able to attack him, excluding logia as allways.^^ Haki would probably make it harder for him, but it would do so against every characters, and it doesn't stop him from attacking. Maybe I just want to hear his laugh again.

Cizuz

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think there is a ranking system of which logia fruits abide by, since Akainu was able to punch a hole through Ace with his magma, which in theory has a higher power ranking than fire.

Smoker's power was also evenly matched by Ace, despite their fruits two very different elements, although fire usually does produce smoke, so that gets a little confusing. I think Enel's logia power would trump most if not all other logias in terms of power, since it is pure energy. Although Kizaru's logia is light, which is also pure energy, it really depends on what you think is more powerful; light or electricity? Kizaru has a power that is far more focused than Enel's, and thus is able to produce a very destructive attack in a smaller area, such has his laser kick that toppled a giant tree. Enel's power is measurable (in the sense that we could accurately describe how much power he is outputting) so it is arguable weather or not Enel's lightning could reach a higher power level than kizaru's lasers

If I were to make a list I would rank their powers as so (although I wont rank Blackbeard, since I believe he is falsely ranked as Logia, and his power trumps all devil fruits.)

1.Enel/Kizaru
2.Akainu
3.Ace/Smoker
4.Aokiji
5.Crocodile

This list of course does not indicate actual combat ability, its more of which power would supersede the other in a one-on-one scenario
It's not about classes of logia, infact magma is the worst thing for ace. The reason oda better use for it to atleast make any sort of sense is that fire and magma can both produce an intense amount of heat, and both should be the same, however fire needs oxygen to burn, and magma is just hot molten rock that doesn't need oxygen to burn but could exhaust oxygen in the area, so when Ace got hit, his body COULDN'T become fire, due to no oxygen.

I love One Piece due to Oda thinks of good ways to counteract devil fruits then the ways people would think are obvious. Fire vs Water etc, but instead he does a fire vs magma, who would think ANYTHING would come of that? Like ace vs smoker was useless.

THM Nindo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What I don't get is... if every Vice-Amiral knows Haki, why won't they use it?!

I mean, we had a huge fight between Ace and Smoker, and yet all they did was use Fire and Smoke...

We know for a fact that Ace was able to use Haki, and Smoker, as a Vice-Admiral, was supposed to be able to use it, so why not!??

I think Enel's mantra is pretty close to the regular Haki.

Spam286

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What I don't get is... if every Vice-Amiral knows Haki, why won't they use it?!

I mean, we had a huge fight between Ace and Smoker, and yet all they did was use Fire and Smoke...

We know for a fact that Ace was able to use Haki, and Smoker, as a Vice-Admiral, was supposed to be able to use it, so why not!??

I think Enel's mantra is pretty close to the regular Haki.
Smoker isn't a Vice Admiral and the only evidence we have that Ace has it is a single kingy blast when he was a kid. No one who saw it knew what it was so there's nothing to suggest he was trained in it's use.

roxas_strife2

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think Logia-types can really use Haki because it disrupts their intangibility. Aokoji might, but that's because he can go back and forth between being his element solid and being it in dust form. Same for Crocodile. I only think this because there is zero examples of them using it, and it is clearly very common with people in their league. :/

Wisshard

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
That fight is nowhere to be found in the manga, where they only clash (similar to Ace and Aokiji in the war) in one panel. (And as Spam286 pointed out, Smoke was a Captain as that time (Commodore now) so it's argueable if Smoker himself is able to utilize Haki)

I don't think Logia-types can really use Haki because it disrupts their intangibility. Aokoji might, but that's because he can go back and forth between being his element solid and being it in dust form. Same for Crocodile. I only think this because there is zero examples of them using it, and it is clearly very common with people in their league. :/
There are several occasions where the Admirals very likely used Haki, but that aside, I don't see how being a Logia-user has anything to do with utilizing Haki...

To my knowledge, Haki is the expression of an ambition, i.e. to hit someone despite their Devil Fruit defenses (Logia intangibility, Rubber body, Buggy's Bara Bara fruit etc). How would utilize Haki "disrupt" a Logia's defense anymore than it would Luffy's rubber defense?

That being said, I think Enel would stand a fairly good chance against a few of the higher tiers such as some of the Shichibukai and VA's, but would fall before the toughest guys (Yonkou's and their strongest crew members, the Admiral's etc), duo to his potent Devil Fruit and mantra (which is confirmed as a use of Haki (the guy did have the ambition to be a God after all...)).

Last edited:

Lozmaster

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Personally, I don't think any of the supernovas bar luffy can even hope to touch enel, and luffy only because of his major major DF advantage. Admirals or at least shichibukai? He could certainly be one if he wanted.
He was the single most powerful person on skypia bar none, and that was with no-one to compare his strength to. One could argue if he wanted to, he could have made himself much stronger, but had no reason to since he overwhelmed everyone he had met up until luffy.

As for Speed between him and kizaru, it doesn't really matter. They both move at least hundreds of meters/second, if one moves and the other starts moving, both would have to stop and think about where the other person has gone because they're faster than the eye could see, and infact, the advantage would go to enel because of his mantra being able to predict faster peoples movement, whereas no-one has demonstrated that power since.

llamapie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Re: One Piece 595 Discussion / 596 Prediction

Capone was sucked by the Enel's moon
haha would be nice if Enel still had a place in the story. :X Someone like him could become infamous extremely fast. And the way luffy is now Enel would get owned in 1 punch so ya it would serve as way for Luffy to gain more fame.

johnnyb7

Reaction score
Country
United States

I hope Enel isn't really back, his arc was incredibly epic and any new arc where he comes back I feel would tarnish some of his reputation. I'd rather he just stayed on the moon.

Besides he couldn't bring the moon to Earth, I think the thing that sucked up Capones ship was just an island in the new world.

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2

I hope Enel isn't really back, his arc was incredibly epic and any new arc where he comes back I feel would tarnish some of his reputation. I'd rather he just stayed on the moon.

Besides he couldn't bring the moon to Earth, I think the thing that sucked up Capones ship was just an island in the new world.
Could be a moon ship ;x but ya most likely some island. Anyways we see the cover stories and usually they play some part of the story in the future. So~~ Enel will probably return at some point to play a minor role I would imagine.

:P Elemental Logia are in fact too epic to be given such little play time.

Schabrak

Reaction score
Country
Germany
The advantage would go to Enel because of his mantra being able to predict faster peoples movement, whereas no-one has demonstrated that power since.
Don't want to start some off-topic, but the Boa sisters have shown the ability to predict Luffys movements, before he got to fast with Gear 2nd.

His advantage is that he can become omni-present filling the whole sky and is able to attack strong and rapidly over a long period of time.
Well every admiral can use attacks with a big AoE field, but Enel can support himself using the sky, like Crocodile used sand to his advantage in Alabasta. Okay Kizaru can, but only at daytime, Akainu can probably break up the earth to create a vulcano and Aokiji use the particles from the ocean and air. :O

johnnyb7

Reaction score
Country
United States

:P Elemental Logia are in fact too epic to be given such little play time.
Nah man, the Skypiea saga went from chapter 218 to 302. That's a big amount of play time, despite Enel not being shown for a while. And even if you wanted more play time for him, the play time he had was epic enough to account for any extra possible time he could have had IMO. He completely ruled a society of people convincing them he was God, and there wasn't a damn thing anyone could do about it. In fact, the only one of them who could, Wiper, managed to stop him but then he restarted his own heart to keep fighting them. That is epic and horrifying as f***. Luffy was the only one who could do anything.

If he was brought down to Earth, other people could fight him, who could use haki. He'd be epic for a little while but would eventually be brought down either by the marines or by Luffy. Oda wouldn't simply repeat a previous arc, that'd be too lame for his style, he's gonna be coming up with new ideas. I say that it's just a giant floating island, not that it makes sense but that's what I say.

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2

Nah man, the Skypiea saga went from chapter 218 to 302. That's a big amount of play time, despite Enel not being shown for a while. And even if you wanted more play time for him, the play time he had was epic enough to account for any extra possible time he could have had IMO. He completely ruled a society of people convincing them he was God, and there wasn't a damn thing anyone could do about it. In fact, the only one of them who could, Wiper, managed to stop him but then he restarted his own heart to keep fighting them. That is epic and horrifying as f***. Luffy was the only one who could do anything.

If he was brought down to Earth, other people could fight him, who could use haki. He'd be epic for a little while but would eventually be brought down either by the marines or by Luffy. Oda wouldn't simply repeat a previous arc, that'd be too lame for his style, he's gonna be coming up with new ideas. I say that it's just a giant floating island, not that it makes sense but that's what I say.
I don't think he would make a whole arc out of it more than just a page showing Luffy 1 shotting his ass. :P Its my theory to show how much he has improved since skypeia anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Realtwisted

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela

The only reason why Nel din't beat Luffy is because he is made out of rubber. Nel DF is lighning<rubber.

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2

The only reason why Nel din't beat Luffy is because he is made out of rubber. Nel DF is lighning<rubber.
Right it was to show how DFs match up but anyways beyond that I think if Enel is brought back into the story he will have a way to counteract luffy's rubber or nullify it -- but that would be in vain because luffy at that point would have gained control of his haki and still kick his rear. THIS IS WAY OFF TOPIC. :X

But ya if there is any chance Enel comes back it will be a minor role like him taking over an Island that the SHs stop on and Luffy will quickly dispatch him.

roxas_strife2

Reaction score
Country
United States
That fight is nowhere to be found in the manga, where they only clash (similar to Ace and Aokiji in the war) in one panel. (And as Spam286 pointed out, Smoke was a Captain as that time (Commodore now) so it's argueable if Smoker himself is able to utilize Haki)

There are several occasions where the Admirals very likely used Haki, but that aside, I don't see how being a Logia-user has anything to do with utilizing Haki...

To my knowledge, Haki is the expression of an ambition, i.e. to hit someone despite their Devil Fruit defenses (Logia intangibility, Rubber body, Buggy's Bara Bara fruit etc). How would utilize Haki "disrupt" a Logia's defense anymore than it would Luffy's rubber defense?

That being said, I think Enel would stand a fairly good chance against a few of the higher tiers such as some of the Shichibukai and VA's, but would fall before the toughest guys (Yonkou's and their strongest crew members, the Admiral's etc), duo to his potent Devil Fruit and mantra (which is confirmed as a use of Haki (the guy did have the ambition to be a God after all...)).
Can you provide any substantial proof of them using Haki that wasn't something that already was in their DF abilities?

Well, let me put it this way. What if Haki requires corporeal form? When your body is not entirely your body, Haki is not possible. Basically, when in-between the physical state of element and human, Haki isn't available for use. I'm not saying they can't use it, but that if they did they might not could enter element form, which would in general be a weak point for them. I realize inanimate objects can be imbued with Haki too, but without the whole body for the Haki to originate from it is not available. Not that someone like say Franky couldn't use Haki, but I'm just saying this might be a condition of Haki.

It's not that I entirely believe this, but it's not impossible or something that can be dismissed either with the knowledge we have thus far.

I believe Haki to be the manifestation of the emotional on the physical realm. Possibly just willpower and general instinct even. Who knows? It could be related to all of these things.

Last edited:

fcToho

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think this is the best proof for the haki powers the admirals possess.

And imo Enel would benefit the story as much as Crocodile does. Enel wouldn't play the sneaky and cool role like Croco, but more the megalomaniac and comedy (?) role. :amuse I'm sure he would have good story parts.