Anime - HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3 | Page 100 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Hot damn, I loved seeing Killua beating the s**t out of Youppi in Godspeed mode.
This is definitely my favourite episode of the season, also beacuase I loved seeing Ikalgo's plan and breakdown.
It's what makes HXH awesome. :D

HxHFan1

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
No, you've forgotten how strong the Royal Guard is. Just because Killua landed hits, Youpi is still 10 times stronger, he said as much. The show constantly reminds us that no matter how awesome you think Killua is, he's not crazy powerful to everyone.
And this is the ultimate example of what Morel said, in a Nen battle it doesn't matter who possess the most power, there is strategy and a battle can turn upside down at any moment.
Youpi had the strongest power yet he was helpless. Killua had a strong technique yet still he cannot kill Youpi. It was a draw to me, but if it weren't Meleoron with him, Killua would have lost so badly.

From a Warcraft 3/Dota player point of view, each one of the Royal Guards resembles a primary attribute, Youpi = Strength, Pitou = Agility, Pouf = Intelligence

SHINOBI-03

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
-EPISODE 119-
Manga chapters: Second third of 281, 282, 283 (except for last three pages)
Transformation!

When Killua teleported here I really liked that there's no sound effect. Shame they didn't keep it that way.

Whirlwind

Power down

The missing part of Youpi returns here in the anime
---
Fleedom rifle and bullet. We see in the manga how Ikalgo makes his rifle but we didn't see where he got the bullet from. This answers the question.

Togashi gave us a pointless full page of Brovada kicking the door. No seriously, this is the whole page, and it's Brovada kicking the blasted door open!

Just to remind us it's not about the skill, but how you use it.

So how's this junk will help?

-------------
The placement of the hose is different here. In the manga it goes under the tank and in the anime it goes at the top.

-------------
Killua's part ended rather quickly, but to be fair that's how it was in the manga too. Ikalgo's portion on the other hand still captures the tension of a stealth genre yet again and I love it.

8/10

allukachan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
nice episode
killua part was awesome... but ikalgo part is awesome too...........:hee
8/10

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
watching this episode will prob make one think Killua have surpassed the weaker members of spiders already. I think so too

BurnSchulz

Reaction score
Country
Germany
watching this episode will prob make one think Killua have surpassed the weaker members of spiders already. I think so too
But if his hits arent strong enough to defeat them, and he runs out of electricity, he must rely on his basic nen od Yoyos abilities. So his Kanmuru is just his trump card which he has to use very carefully.

lasso

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Well, i thought he already passed them when he and Gon learned how to use ken.

The weaker spiders aren't fighters -type to be exact, their abilities aren't meant to fight.

I think right now, Gon and Killua on level of Sharlank, Bonolenov and Franklin.

Zoro Zoldyck

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iraq
I don't know about Bonolenov he's a fighter in my eyes.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

The weaker spiders aren't fighters -type to be exact, their abilities aren't meant to fight.

There is no way they can be at their levels yet. Using Kanmuru to hit your opponent knowing someone will saye you and fighting is completely different and Youpi contrarly to the PT is a noob at Nen. Really, if Killua had tried this on Pouf or Pitou he would have got murdered, his reflexes are superior but Kanmuru works better as a counter attack by reading the opponents hostile intents. As you saw when Killua came near him, his speed is not really that of lighting. Remember how Knuckle and Morel were dodging Cheetu's moves.

I am not sure about Kortopi but any other Spiders would kill him.

EDIT: He would beat Kalluto :D.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, to be fair it's not.
When Togahsi made the Spiders He had Nen thought a bit differently and He corrected every part of it in this arc. So if Killua ever challenges them again the most likely thing to happen is to be defeated by them.

Also, we have seen little of the fighting power of the spider aside of that little show in Ryuusegai.

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

Yes, I agree with you here. Some of the spiders had trouble with some of the weaker ants (ants under Squadron leader Zazan). I would say Killua and Gon can take out Shizuku, Shalnark, Kallutto, Nobugana and possibly Machi too. If they really tried they can prob take out the other members too, aside from Krollo, and Feitan.

Anyways we are going off topic now. Guess let's end this, and wait for the author to resume.

Darkk

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Guys, what about Hunter x Center of this week?

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
There is no way they can be at their levels yet. Using Kanmuru to hit your opponent knowing someone will saye you and fighting is completely different and Youpi contrarly to the PT is a noob at Nen. Really, if Killua had tried this on Pouf or Pitou he would have got murdered, his reflexes are superior but Kanmuru works better as a counter attack by reading the opponents hostile intents. As you saw when Killua came near him, his speed is not really that of lighting. Remember how Knuckle and Morel were dodging Cheetu's moves.

Actually I think Godspeed really is lightning speed. Youpi is fast and I say
it would take something INCREDIBLY fast to render him able to fight.
To say Godspeed is anything less than lightning speed not only underestimates
Killua but also Youpi.

Cheetu is incredibly fast--but he gets distracted way too easily.
Knuckle and Morel were able to dodge his attacks in the same way
as baseball player can hit a ball that moves faster than them--anticipation.

To be fair the real advantage to Killua's Godspeed is not the speed
but rather the paralyzing power. Killua paralyzed Youpi long enough
to get away and was fast enough to do so before striking again.

If it wasn't an electrical type attack and say more like Gon's then
Youpi might get damaged but he'd probably also kill Killua.

burn4me

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
damn with all this comparing to Spiders... all I want to see is Shalnark (Autopilot Mode) vs Killua (Godspeed Mode).. no doubt its going to be a DBZ feel when two of them can go Super Saiyan!!!....

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Actually I think Godspeed really is lightning speed. Youpi is fast and I say
it would take something INCREDIBLY fast to render him able to fight.
To say Godspeed is anything less than lightning speed not only underestimates
Killua but also Youpi.
Manga spoiler

In the election arc Tsubone was able to pursue him though, he was using Kanmuru at full power and his speed was way below lighting speed.

He has lightning speed reflexes, that's the real advantage, his speed is comparable to a car. I believe he will be able to reach lightning speed later in the story though :D.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
Killua is just way too incredible for this anime. Which made it feel rather unfair and offensive that they would put such a tiny amount of screentime on him and go to events that dont even matter much in the grand scheme of the arc. Did we really need all that time with scared weak characters instead of more with Killua? No. Most disappointing how did the writer not make Killua win? IT doesnt make sense as he completely overpowered him and would have fried him t o a crisp if we refer back to how epic Killua was made to be in the past arcs and even in Heaven's Arena. Togashi has clearly forgotten how strong Killua is supposed to be.

Oh well the early part of the episode was extremely pleasing and worth rewatch.
this was my favorite episode of the arc thus far, all three phases, the strategy of pouf, the journey of ilkalgo towards finding/changing himself, acknowledging his fears/flaws and fighting against the odds and an enemy who is vastly superior in strength , and obviously the moment with killua was amazing

i guess i can see where some of the complaints are coming from about the slow pace and all, but that is a MINOR problem for an amazing anime, honestly i have never watched another anime , at least of the shounen/action genre, that has had me this glued to the screen , on the edge of my seat with suspense and anticipation

madhouse is really really getting the job done, and togashis story-telling and characters are unparalleled

this anime gets a 10/10 and so did this episode

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

kalluto is very deadly considering he looks like a cute little girl....

but he is even younger than killua, give him time and he will be a monster as well

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
So, I finally got around to this episode of HxH... and they animated one of my favorite parts! :wtf

I didn't think it was going to come up this quickly in the anime since it felt like there was quite the gap between Killua meeting Meleoron and Killua vs. Youpi, and I was curious as to how Madhouse was going to animate Godspeed. And they, as usual, did not disappoint. :) It felt like he was going super saiyan or something. But the glow and the effects and everything looked marvelous. I'm sad it went by so quickly, but considering how quickly it was in the manga as well, it's to be expected.

I mean, Killua has a pretty strong ability at this point combined with his already inhuman speed, but he also has a major caveat with it as well--it requires a lot of charging and uses up a lot of his aura unless he can somehow train himself to make better use of it and increase its' duration.

I think Godspeed's at lightning speed as the electricity is enhancing his nerve impulses (which are based on electrical charges). At some point in the future I believe he's going to reach the speed of light (which is quicker than lightning IIRC), but also mix it in with his other techniques as he learns to make better use of his aura so he doesn't burn through it as quickly. As is, Godspeed is pretty strong, so I think Killua's nen growth from here on out will be enhancing the duration of it or mixing it with other electricity-based techniques.

and his running speed as we'll see later.

And then Ikalgo's fight. Not one of the more memorable fights from this arc, IMO, but Madhouse did a pretty good job with it as well.

As for Gon and Killua's levels at this point compared with the spiders--I'd say they're on par with some of the weaker members (like Shizuku and Kalluto), but could still get beaten by Feitan, Bonolenov, and maybe Phinx and Shalnark and maaaaybe Machi. Some of the others I'm not sure about since I haven't seen as much from them like Franklin and Nobu. Of course, it will depend on how nen is used and how compatible the opponents nen is, but I would say Gon and Killua are 'spider quality' at this point.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
kalluto is very deadly considering he looks like a cute little girl....

but he is even younger than killua, give him time and he will be a monster as well
Kalluto may become strong but Killua is a genius and mastered electrical transmutation at such a young age< Godspeed is already a fearsome technique. When his powers will mature he will become a true god :hip.

Lutv

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Great EP, Pufu and Morau scene make me laugh damn
The ending its what i expect

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Great episode, the pace is faster. You can feel the tension, the teamwork and bond teacher-disciple with Morel and Knuckle, everything. The Pouf fan that I am is pleased, easily my favorite Royal Guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.