Anime - HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3 | Page 99 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHINOBI-03

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
-EPISODE 118-

Manga: chapter 279, 280, first half of 281
The first woman we see is blond in the anime, but black haired in the manga (sometimes I do wonder about these minor changes...! Would it hurt if they didn't change these small details?!)

Nen graffiti. What else can you do with nen?! Or to be exact what can't you do with it?!

Can't remember if we saw it before or not, but as seen here, Brovada's claws hides machine gun barrels inside!
--------------
Shoot sleeping

Youpi tries his Titan face!

So is he going through inflation now?!

That moment when you're busted!

Brofist of Death(?)

And Knuckle dies... well, I did say his move was stupid last time, right?

Oh wait!

Killua to the rescue!!

But the rage fest is not over!

Not over...

We're starting now!

--------------
A bit of a slow first half, but the second? worth it!

8.5/10

6 volumes left, people!! 6 volumes!! That's 58 chapters and a half left for us!! And if we assumed the rest of the episodes would take an average of two chapters each, then that means we have about 29 episodes left. And going by that and if we went without any breaks, then I estimate the final episode will be September 17th of this year!! I repeat: this will be if we went two chapters with no breaks.

FFuuu

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Wonderful episode yet again, holy shit Madhouse, ho. ly. shit.

If felt like a minute had passed when the episode finished, Knuckle's faces and voice acting was spot on.

At the time I didn't know what it reminded me of, turns out it was similar to bungee jumping/etc shouting. That's a near death experience I'd never dare to try, though xD

Last edited:

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I loved how knuckles life flashed before his eyes, the fight between killua and youpi is going to be great, killua is probably weaker but the chapter 7 bankruptcy is right on the horizon

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

I know Zeno and Silva only kill targets they have a contract to kill,d but it really bothers me that these enemies have such a MASSIVE power level, yet Silva and Zeno just walk away ._.

I mean seriously.. I know they kill for money, but doesn't this situation kind of change things a little bit? Zeno and Silva should've taken on Youpi :p
I get what you are saying, but i look at it as the zoldyks having faith in the hunters association to do their job

if the ants were to win, and keep wreaking havoc

other people like the zoldyks the spiders, ging and other strong people

would have probably stepped up as the threat expanded and the humans were wiped out

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
As much as I love Killua the BEST scene in the episode was Knuckle right after his "I hit him eight times" line.
That smile was just priceless. Knuckle cheated death and he's thrilled about it. It's both hilarious and in a way beautiful.

On to Ikalgo's scene...

Is it just me or does the manga make it seem like Bloyster's ability is more Rocket Propelled Grenade like than machine gun like?
Perhaps I just "read" it wrong

MegamanX195

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I always thought his ability was more like "blasts" being shot out of his claws. Mini-kamehamehas, for the lack of a better comparison, if you will. Doesn't really make much of a difference, though.

GalekC

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
When I first read that part, I thought Bloster used "Hyper Beam" or something. XD

Zoro Zoldyck

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
Good episode! Killua was awesome!! Loved that part and I felt for Ikalgo although he has to overcome his weakness from now on..
And what is pouf planning? Wasn't he escaping?? and WHY did hotel rafelasei(Or however you spell it) stop?? Did shoot die???? OMG WHY
:gwah
I'm giving this ep 7.5/10 very good episode :hee
I really wanna see what's gonna happen with the King and Netero though.

Last edited:

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
Best episode of the arc thus far

killua was flat out awesome, so was youpi honestly , his analysis of melerons ability was spot on , youpi is not nearly as dumb as he seems

i absolutely love the brovada vs ikalgo chesd match of power vs intellect

togashi does an excellent job of writing his story so that even the minor battles are riveting , i was on the edge of my seat cheering for ikalgo to pull something off, and togashi is also a master of showing us the flaws of the characters. You really feel connected to the characters in this story, like you are actually a part of it.

No anime is as good at drawing in the viewer as hxh

Txapeldun

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Well, sorry for being the killjoy, but I'm starting to dislike this anime.
Pace is getting too damn slow.
It seems like they're trying to strech it as much as they can so that they can keep milking the cow.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, sorry for being the killjoy, but I'm starting to dislike this anime.
Pace is getting too damn slow.
It seems like they're trying to strech it as much as they can so that they can keep milking the cow.
Has the manga capter /episode ratio changed?

Txapeldun

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Has the manga capter /episode ratio changed?
I'm almost sure it has not.
But it still is too slow. And I don't find it that great anymore. (As it was before the invasion)
Maybe knowing exactly what it's going to happen makes it worse.
EDIT: This one spanned half of 281, 282 and most of 283, so the pace is the usual one.

Last edited:

bewareofhisoka

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nope. The invasion is just full of so many details. The only time Madhouse has not done a normal 2-2.5 ch an episode pace was the first couple of episodes of chimera ant.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
KILLUAAAAAAAA:awe, finally Kanmuru is animated. Brovda was awesome, I didn't really care about him in the manga but in animated form everything is better, it's amusing for an ant to call his fellows chicken :^_^.

Finally the best Royal Guard will make his move, this arc will get even more intense. I must say the sound director is really doing a great job lately.

Last edited:

Lutv

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Im a happy man, thanks MadHouse for this EP !
Btw after watch the preview, the ending is near

Last edited by a moderator:

Ikahel

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Only-anime watchers are bored as well. You see, netero vs king battle is already set, gon revange is just getting more tense, who really cares now about youpi? It's like Akira would show us beginning of Goku vs Frieeza fight and after that, one year of chapters about ginyu forces...

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
KILLUAAAAAAAA:awe, finally Kanmuru is animated. Brovda was awesome, I didn't really care about him in the manga but in animated form everything is better, it's amusing for an ant to call his fellows chicken :^_^.

Finally the best Royal Guard will make his move, this arc will get even more intense. I must say the sound director is really doing a great job lately.
I agree

and i sense a new avy/sig coming from my friend demonspeed!!!

HxHFan1

Reaction score
Country
Italy
WHY did hotel rafelasei(Or however you spell it) stop?? Did shoot die???? OMG WHY
They wanted us to believe that, but if you paid attention Shoot said his ability slips off when he lose cosciousness, so i suppose it just happened. Not died i think

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Killua is just way too incredible for this anime. Which made it feel rather unfair and offensive that they would put such a tiny amount of screentime on him and go to events that dont even matter much in the grand scheme of the arc. Did we really need all that time with scared weak characters instead of more with Killua? No. Most disappointing how did the writer not make Killua win? IT doesnt make sense as he completely overpowered him and would have fried him t o a crisp if we refer back to how epic Killua was made to be in the past arcs and even in Heaven's Arena. Togashi has clearly forgotten how strong Killua is supposed to be.

Oh well the early part of the episode was extremely pleasing and worth rewatch.

Kamen Rider Dragon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Killua is just way too incredible for this anime. Which made it feel rather unfair and offensive that they would put such a tiny amount of screentime on him and go to events that dont even matter much in the grand scheme of the arc. Did we really need all that time with scared weak characters instead of more with Killua? No. Most disappointing how did the writer not make Killua win? IT doesnt make sense as he completely overpowered him and would have fried him t o a crisp if we refer back to how epic Killua was made to be in the past arcs and even in Heaven's Arena. Togashi has clearly forgotten how strong Killua is supposed to be.
No, you've forgotten how strong the Royal Guard is. Just because Killua landed hits, Youpi is still 10 times stronger, he said as much. The show constantly reminds us that no matter how awesome you think Killua is, he's not crazy powerful to everyone.

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Plus Killua ran out of energy which is why he ran. He can only go to that extreme limit here for a short amount of time. Youpi was only stunned by the lightning attack, not seriously injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.