Question - If you could ask Hiro Mashima five questions, what would they be? | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question If you could ask Hiro Mashima five questions, what would they be?

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
I hope the demon & dragon seeds is still there Natsu's mind in Alvarez was more like a dream just like in 100 YQ Beta Heaven chapter
Maybe Mashima will surprise us ! afterall if Dragon seed vanished shouldn't Dragon Force and Dragon Slayer Magic vanish too ?
Two words : Plot holes.

Newperson00

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Two words : Plot holes.
Or maybe he did it on purpose
100 YQ was already in works when final volume came out
It's still not 100% claimed that the seeds are offically gone Natsu's mind could had been a dream just to ( stop) Natsu from thinking
he's a human or dragon or demon
Time will tell I guess
It's possible though.

Last edited:

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
I'd like to ask him what a raid union with the three fairy magic would do.

TimeSpace

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
100 YQ was already in works when final volume came out
Where the heck did you get that from? Because at the moment when the final volume came out in Japan, he had NO interest in doing a sequel. He was more open for the possibility that someone else takes the whole drawing and plot and does with it his blessing. It took some time until he said, that he "agreed" to take part in doing it, but that was looooong after final volume. Before you deny me, show me the source.

Newperson00

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Where the heck did you get that from? Because at the moment when the final volume came out in Japan, he had NO interest in doing a sequel. He was more open for the possibility that someone else takes the whole drawing and plot and does with it his blessing. It took some time until he said, that he "agreed" to take part in doing it, but that was looooong after final volume. Before you deny me, show me the source.

(The 100 Years Quest project was already in place when the final volume came out and a decision had been made for me to be replaced as the writer )

I was talking about the afterword not the Chapter 545 Volume afterword

+

The Dragon Gods ( was ) mentioned by August back in Alvarez

Besides I think it's best if you take the anger on somebody else that deserves it. I'm still being Polite and Civil here.

Last edited:

TimeSpace

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Besides I think it's best if you take the anger on somebody else that deserves it. I'm still being Polite and Civil here.
Hahaha Show me the unpolite part, then, because I don't see where did I curse or call u names. I simply asked you to show a solid base for what you wrote. I could have written you "that's a crap / bullshit" "Are you nuts" etc etc. Did I do that? I didn't. You seem to have problems with reading and/ or you can't accept that you might be wrong.

The Dragon Gods ( was ) mentioned by August back in Alvarez
Yeah mentioned, but that was as still early time for Alvarez while it was published weekly and was just made for the need of the plot for that time.

a decision had been made for me to be replaced as the writer
That's what I wrote you. My words "Because at the moment when the final volume came out in Japan, he had NO interest in doing a sequel. He was more open for the possibility that someone else takes the whole drawing and plot and does with it his blessing. It took some time until he said, that he "agreed" to take part in doing it, but that was looooong after final volume."

So again he had at that time no plans and ideas for it. You need to "read and understand what the text is about".

And don't tell me now, I'm not polite cuz I'm gonna laugh hard.

Last edited:

Newperson00

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Hahaha Show me the unpolite part, then, because I don't see where did I curse or call u names. I simply asked you to show a solid base for what you wrote. I could have written you "that's a crap / bullshit" "Are you nuts" etc etc. Did I do that? I didn't. You seem to have problems with reading and/ or you can't accept that you might be wrong.

Yeah mentioned, but that was as still early time for Alvarez while it was published weekly and was just made for the need of the plot for that time.

That's what I wrote you. My words "Because at the moment when the final volume came out in Japan, he had NO interest in doing a sequel. He was more open for the possibility that someone else takes the whole drawing and plot and does with it his blessing. It took some time until he said, that he "agreed" to take part in doing it, but that was looooong after final volume."

So again he had at that time no plans and ideas for it. You need to "read and understand what the text is about".

And don't tell me now, I'm not polite cuz I'm gonna laugh hard.

in Ch 545 afterword he said if a sequel do happen he'll do everything he can to help with it That's odd
It just seems he could not make up his mind about creating/helping in a sequel or not

You wasn't ( unpolite ) but the way your post was posted seemed a bit rude in some way This post you posted now was much better

The other post It felt like you were having a serious debate with someone else before coming here! :P

Nope sometimes I read too fast I get incorrect when reading afterwords or many things I forget.

True but that's Still could've been a idea that's setup possible for 100 YQ I mean over the chapters he made in Alvarez
one would think he forgot about the Dragon Gods but they still got remembered for the Plot of 100 YQ

Thanks for being Polite ! and I apologize for the misunderstanding!

This part ( Before you deny me, show me the source ) sounded rude to me because I never deny people.

Last edited:

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
When did aldoron become a dragon god? He lost to acnologia and he went on an eternal slumber so how exactly did he become a dragon god
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I would also ask Hiro why didn't he listen to his editors when they recommend only six characters should be spriggans and why didn't he do justice to all the spriggans later on the manga?

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
When will Natsu get REAL character development and progression in his relationship with Lucy?
Didn't mashima-sensei said one time that natsu has character development. Lol 😆

I would ask hiro-sensei how do come up with such good character designs and abilities but you never do justice to them at all.

Anime VORTEX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Didn't mashima-sensei said one time that natsu has character development. Lol 😆

I would ask hiro-sensei how do come up with such good character designs and abilities but you never do justice to them at all.
Natsu has had many character development throughout the series if only you people like you play attentions instead of making fun of him

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Natsu has had many character development throughout the series if only you people like you play attentions instead of making fun of him
Me? Make fun of natsu? Never

I would ask hiro-sensei how did you come up with the slayer knights and their abilities?

SleipnirX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Really just want to know how close Alvarez is to his original ideas for the conclusion of the series… my gut feeling is not very, it feels like he was pressured to wrap up sooner than he wanted, and truncate END which was hinted at from the very start of the series (you can’t tell me all the small mentions from the very start were leading up to a completely forgettable few pages of fighting with Gray).

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
Really just want to know how close Alvarez is to his original ideas for the conclusion of the series… my gut feeling is not very, it feels like he was pressured to wrap up sooner than he wanted, and truncate END which was hinted at from the very start of the series (you can’t tell me all the small mentions from the very start were leading up to a completely forgettable few pages of fighting with Gray).
No he was not, Ending FT was his own decision, he said it in one of the Afterwords. From the sound of it, when he gathered people and told them about it, they were against ending it, but they "respected" Hiros decision and allowed him.

SleipnirX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No he was not, Ending FT was his own decision, he said it in one of the Afterwords. From the sound of it, when he gathered people and told them about it, they were against ending it, but they "respected" Hiros decision and allowed him.
And you’d expect him to say what exactly? It’s never a good idea to burn bridges, especially in a small interconnected industry like his. That’s why I want to ask him directly, off the record, and get his unfiltered thoughts on it.

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
And you’d expect him to say what exactly? It’s never a good idea to burn bridges, especially in a small interconnected industry like his. That’s why I want to ask him directly, off the record, and get his unfiltered thoughts on it.
I get what you say, but than why bring Hiro back for Sequels? and there were couple of spin-offs Happy one and City of Herose.
Im sure there are things he can't just talk out loud, but he clearly has more freedom than what people think. at least had, from some of his latest statements The company "asked" him to write his next mangas characters Different from his previous works and he said his usual fans might not like it.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Mashima-sensei do you really think that natsu has good character development?
Why do you always write erza the way you do, what inspires you to write her like an almost perfect person?
Why did you change selene's fate?
You always tell us how strong characters are on your streams but we never see concrete evidence for the strength in the manga, like gray is supposed to be as strong as natsu but natsu has defeated aldoron and dogramag while gray lost to skullion why's that?
What was your original plan for Irene?
Your style of writing fights changed, why? The villains loses in one or two attacks can't they keep going?

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
You always tell us how strong characters are on your streams but we never see concrete evidence for the strength in the manga,
This is the part I would ask as well

WoWfan

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
This is the part I would ask as well
The only times it holds weight if they are in the volumes themselves where more people would approve of

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
The only times it holds weight if they are in the volumes themselves where more people would approve of
that’s true, unfortunately most characters will never get that approval