If you love a trashy thing, then it's really a treasure. | Page 37 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

If you love a trashy thing, then it's really a treasure.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
What about Naruto? Nowhere near Fate levels of production but had many of the great fights. I think my favourites the first time I saw them were Minato's, everything before Edo Tensei is :worship2

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Naruto is tough animation-wise. Especially during the Shippuden era.

Early on I think some of the fights shine a good bit because they're emotionally quite rich but in terms of like being impressive looking, I don't love them. A lot of that comes down to Naruto's skill set, I think. Like he has one really great fight visually IMO. Which is his battle with Pain. Which the anime took a great big dump on.

So I think the best fights in the series are all during the Sasuke pursuit arc between Neji VS Spiderman and Rock Lee and Garra VS Bonerman. With an honorable mention to Rock Lee VS Garra. Even though that one was pretty one sided.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Shikamaru x hidan, all shikamaru fights were great but, Hidan's one was the one where he demonstrated the most his genius level, plus he's a very likeable character. I loved gaara vs Lee.
Another great one was Neji vs Naruto, I loved how Naruto was fighting back then.
Ah and konan vs tobi.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Another that springs to mind is Shikamaru vs Hidan, definitely one of my fave Naruto fights.
Yeah that was a good one. Actually I'd put Sakura and Chiyo VS Sasori on that tier as well. I mean, I have to I'm the last surviving Sakura fan and that's literally her only good moment.

I'd like to say Sasori and Deidara VS Garra but the anime took a pretty big dump on that one too. Remember Garra's sandball darting around the sky like he was all coked up and disoriented in there?

Ah and konan vs tobi.
Why would you bring that up? It will never not anger me that the plotline for that trio ending up being. Nagato important. Yahiko important. Konan is a girl in a Kishi manga so... pointless plot sacrifice.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Why would you bring that up? It will never not anger me that the plotline for that trio ending up being. Nagato important. Yahiko important. Konan is a girl in a Kishi manga so... pointless plot sacrifice.
But, we were talking about fights and fights only, aesthitically and even when it comes to strategy, Konan did great against Tobi.
But i agree with you, Kishi can't deal properly with females, Konan was litterally shitted upon, while she had the potential to be one of the best female. Maybe Tsunade has a decent treatment.

Agree too, about Sakura Chiyo vs Sasori. It was the best moment Sakura had, and Chiyo was awesome.

I don't know if they count as fights but I love every single Olivier Mira Armstrong moments in FMAB, that woman's guts :lmao

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
But, we were talking about fights and fights only, aesthitically and even when it comes to strategy, Konan did great against Tobi.
But i agree with you, Kishi can't deal properly with females, Konan was litterally shitted upon, while she had the potential to be one of the best female. Maybe Tsunade has a decent treatment.

Agree too, about Sakura Chiyo vs Sasori. It was the best moment Sakura had, and Chiyo was awesome.

I don't know if they count as fights but I love every single Olivier Mira Armstrong moments in FMAB, that woman's guts :lmao

It was a very pretty fight. But I cound never get past that literally nothing about it made any sense. You have this guy trying to get the body/eyes. She could have destroyed those. She had the ability to do that. She was smart enough to do that. But nope. That scene is just one step below Neji's death for me in terms of "WTF is this writer even doing?" Naruto moments. I can't judge it fairly. I just can't.

Tsunade at least has her big fight with Orochimaru and Jiarya. I like that fight a lot. Even though if you go back and watch it, it doesn't hold up as well as I'd like.

And yeah, Armstrong was amazing, shame she doesn't really have one fight I can point to with her as the center piece. Her and Izumi both are like that. They were just consistently awesome.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I have been looking for some of the UFOtable Fate battles but I'm finding it a bit difficult to locate uncut versions of them. But I guess this is enough to show off how much UFOtable was able to pull off with just a tinsy amount of tax fraud.

Which is your favorite @Nii?
Fate fight you mean? On a technical level, Saber Alter vs Rider definitely is the best. Seeing that for the first time was stunning.

Personal favs are two others, though. Both relatively short, but intense:

Helps that the Emiya remix is just great :pleased I know some people call bullshit on this fight and I get it to some extent, but still enjoyed it a lot.

only bits and pieces sadly in this vid, but yeah, always been a really big fan of this fight. Clash of ideals and beliefs the whole story has worked towards, and a good brawl alwas is epic. They did this fight a lot more justice than

Shirou vs Kirei in Heavens Feel III

But I guess fights with a lot of inner conflict are always a bit hard to portray properly in anime.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting picks. Because the thing about Fate fights is that I think it's hard to separate the actual fight from the big epic Noble Phantasms. And you picked two without that.

Where as I, resident Apocrypha apologist, tend to lean more into the fights where those really get unleashed you know. Like as lame as Sieg admittedly was. I really do like that last battle.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
She gets it.

Is normal Fate epic too, sure it is. Is it as epic as the original version in which servants can get charged up with mana via the ol' dong plug. Also yes but not quite as fun. :amuse

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

That's a spoiler for the anime-only viewers who had no idea what was happening during the swimming fish scenes. :XD

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wanted to share some pics from the Fate/Apocrypha manga with you, because it recently covered quite a bit about Mordred :3

They also did an obvious reference to the Visual Novel:

Tbh I'm not following the manga completely, but I do check it from time to time, because it always adds some stuff here and there (which is pretty good most of the time). Dunno if you're actually interested, but it obviously features much more from Mordred than what I shared here xD

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's awesome! I am interested. Not sure enough to revisit that story in manga form, probably. But really cool that it's out there and they're doing that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

How did I not see this vision of beauty for 7 months!?

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
:fan

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Asako Yes, it is canon. And I repeat, it is heresy.