If you love a trashy thing, then it's really a treasure. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

If you love a trashy thing, then it's really a treasure.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all, figured it was time I made one of these.

For any who don't know me I'm Jammin; a reviewer and the semi-competent manhwa/Noblesse section moderator. I've been floating around this forum since the world was young(er) but I'm new to being a mod.

I was originally strictly a Naruto reader and slowly branched out to other series from there. Now my interests extend to just about everything.

My love of the Gintama anime and Androssi (a character from Tower of God) nears religious fervor.

Things I like...

• Manhwa
  • Shounen Manga
  • Superhero comics
  • Animation of all types
  • Pairing discussion of all types
    My favorite form of discussion by far.:amuse
  • Martial Arts
  • Any sport which is not Golf
  • Any animal that is not a Monkey
  • Video games
    RPG's, shooters, and strategy games in particular
  • Reading
    I've read many of what people consider "the classics" but I prefer my trashy novels. Reading Dickens makes one envy the illiterate.
  • Cooking
  • Tea
  • Grammar
    It's the difference between....

Helping your Uncle, Jack, off his horse.
    &
    helping your uncle jack off his horse

Things I don't like....

• Sasuke
    An unequaled blight upon the narrative universe.
  • Spoilers
  • Golf
  • Monkeys
  • txt tlk
    Is saving one character ever really worth the price?

Last edited:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Norway
FIRST!

How do you like edo tensei - or not :derp

What's your favorite manga at the moment?

What's your favorite story of any type?

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
RPG and reading...check out the Dragon Age novels...2 are before Origins and they focus on King Maric mostly and the 3rd is after the 2nd game...like a year after the Kirkwall incident...something like that...

What's your favourite novel btw?

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

And yeah...finally a thread...and it has high chances for me to be a regular visitor...I hope:amuse

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Start reading seinen, start Berserk, you will love it. ;)

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
Reaction score
Country
Norway
bene, are you a fan of the Halo franchise? I hear the books are quite good, but I haven't read them myself. The same question goes to Jammin.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Do you have PS3?

What's your favorite jutsu?

Have you ever seen a grown man naked before?

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
bene, are you a fan of the Halo franchise? I hear the books are quite good, but I haven't read them myself. The same question goes to Jammin.
Unfortunately I have a bias against first person shooters...:scry...even if there are lots of cool games around...I'm trying so hard to overcome the bias, but it doesn't work...and so halo unfortunately is not something I'm familiar with:(

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Shame, it's a great story in itself. You might be interested in the books either way though :XD

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Jammin!

What's your favourite tea flavours?

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
The fantasy phase will have to pass though first:p...and it just started so it might take a while...but I'll put it on my list...I still have an entire collection of cyberpunk to read first...and then the Dune series...quite a while...but Halo should be quite short so I might squeeze it in somewhere

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
FIRST!

How do you like edo tensei - or not :derp
The word "godawful" comes to mind. But to be honest my hatred of that pales in comparison to my loathing the Zetsu puddies and the Sharingan stuff. I mean, that is just garbage.

What's your favorite manga at the moment?
Tower of God. No question. At it's best, it's amazing beyond anything else I'm currently reading. And the last 10 chapters or so have been as good as it gets. If you haven't read it, you should.

What's your favorite story of any type?
I like fantasy or magic themed stories where the hero gets put through the ringer. I like it when a story is about a character prevailing when the whole world, except for his friends, seem set against him(or her) and for them to fight tooth and nail every step of the way. But I especially like it when it achieves all of that without going emo crazy anywhere along the line.

I'm no fan of unnecessary emotion.

benelori said:
RPG and reading...check out the Dragon Age novels...2 are before Origins and they focus on King Maric mostly and the 3rd is after the 2nd game...like a year after the Kirkwall incident...something like that...

What's your favourite novel btw?
That sounds awesome, I will definitely read that! I'm a huge Dragon Age Origin's fan.

Josef K. said:
Start reading seinen, start Berserk, you will love it.
I do read Berserk actually though I'm a bit downtrodden since I don't think it's going to be able to end in the authors lifetime.

I'm also a hopless GutsXFarnese shipper.

3c said:
I like halo but I only have a PS3 so I've fallen behind on that series. Haven't read the books either.

M3J said:
Do you have PS3?

What's your favorite jutsu?

Have you ever seen a grown man naked before?
  • Yeah, and I love it.
  • Swamp of the Underworld
  • All the time in the locker room at my gym(if that counts)

benelori said:
Unfortunately I have a bias against first person shooters......even if there are lots of cool games around...I'm trying so hard to overcome the bias, but it doesn't work...and so halo unfortunately is not something I'm familiar with
Borderlands 2 may be the cure for that. It is the embodiment of fun, you don't even need to be able to shoot straight if your a mechromancer.:^_^

goldb said:
Hey Jammin!

What's your favourite tea flavours?
Black Dragon Pearls. It's like drinking liquid silk but smoother.

In more general terms I like black teas. Green's always seem a bit grassy for my tastes.

Last edited:

TheBoss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Woaah a thread :zomg
So jamm, a question that I always wanted to ask, you prefer ToG or Noblesse?:teehee

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
GutsxFarnese as well! :wtf Recent chapters are in our favor man!

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
What games do you have for PS3?

Why Swamp of the Underworld?

Do you touch those men?

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
CASKA CASKA!!!:cheerbunny...

About FPS...unfortunately the gameplay is what puts me off...if it would be 3rd person I would consider it...I saw the Bioshock trailer recently and I was like:scry...

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Woaah a thread :zomg
So jamm, a question that I always wanted to ask, you prefer ToG or Noblesse?:teehee
The short answer would be Tower of God.

But a more complete answer would be that...

Noblesse has seemed to me to a very special series in that it applies narrative subtly to Bleach scale superhuman fights. Which creates a Bleach type experience with all the style and flair, yet makes you watch all the little things. The tiniest facial expressions can apply such meaning to a scene and I love that about it.

Tower of God is such a brilliantly written character driven story. You have all these characters who are nothing alike and the way the author brings all of that together with amazing dialogue and characterizations throughout the course of climbing the tower makes it hard to beat. Measuring chapter per chapter it's hands down the best story I've read. It's done more in 117 chapters than most series ever manage.

GutsxFarnese as well! :wtf Recent chapters are in our favor man!
I'd love it if it did. I have nothing against Casca but..

GutsXCasca = :errr
GutsXFarnese = :hurr

I mean, I got nothing but pity for the character but she's been a fruit loop since before I started reading manga so there just isn't any emotional connection there for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nii

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
I like fantasy or magic themed stories where the hero gets put through the ringer. I like it when a story is about a character prevailing when the whole world, except for his friends, seem set against him(or her) and for them to fight tooth and nail every step of the way. But I especially like it when it achieves all of that without going emo crazy anywhere along the line.
Not sure what you mean by going emo crazy but the Wheel of Time serie by Robert Jordan is totally for you then. Just bear the 1st book if I remember well enough.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
What games do you have for PS3?
Currently on my shelf are Borderlands 1, Borderlands 2, Red Dead Redemption, Dragons Dogma, Rune Factory Tides of Destiny, The Uncharted Games, and Disgaea 4

Why Swamp of the Underworld?
Because it's the kinda thing that once made Naruto special. It's not an overpowering technique but used at the right moment, by the right shinobi, it's a game changer. If you think about it, theoretically it should pwn Susannoo.

Do you touch those men?
No sir, their is a strict code that applies to gym locker rooms; Eyes front and no touching. (The same code applies to mens bathrooms)

benelori said:
CASKA CASKA!!!...

About FPS...unfortunately the gameplay is what puts me off...if it would be 3rd person I would consider it...I saw the Bioshock trailer recently and I was like...
That's a shame. Not even Skyrim?

Gats said:
Not sure what you mean by going emo crazy but the Wheel of Time serie by Robert Jordan is totally for you then. Just bear the 1st book if I remember well enough.
I've read it all and am awaiting the final book. Though Egwene is right up there with Sasuke for me on characters whom I loath. Her whole plot thread is a waste of time IMO. Time that should have been devoted to the awesomeness of Mat!

And I would define "emo crazy" as....

"A character going through an emotional reaction exceeding what his amount of suffering would warrant."

Rand does quite a bit of that toward the later books but, in his defense, he's legitimately insane

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
In addition of his insanity issues, he had to deal with countless plots against him by the people/kingdoms he basically is trying to unite and save. So I would say he handled quite well his amount of suffering until now.

And yeah Mat FTW. Perrin has become also very enjoyable quite lately. Did you read the first chapter of the incoming book ? :wtf

Considering the huge place women are taking in this serie, who is your favorite one ?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite books, which is the prime example of what I was talking about with putting the main character though the ringer is the Dresden Files.

Those are probably my favorite of all the novels I've read.