Round of 16 - Irene vs Gajeel | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Irene vs Gajeel

Who advances?

• Irene Belserion

Votes: 64 87.7%
  • Gajeel Redfox

Votes: 9 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unnamed Namesake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Going Gajeel, he eats an enchantment blast and becomes the Sage Iron Dragon Slayer.

Going with Irene, towards the lower end of mid diff. Gajeel's good but I don't see him forcing her into her dragon form, so he isn't beating her.
From my understanding, you can only take in elements similar or relative to your own. Speaking of, when is Wendy going to eat Cobra's poison?

Enima

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Unless Gajeel is extremely lucky and Irene gets hit by lightning 100 times in a raw or Irene suddenly has a heart attack, Irene takes this mid diff.

Ebony Maw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
From my understanding, you can only take in elements similar or relative to your own.
I was just joking since Gajeel tends to eat and gain power-ups in his fights. Not sure about the element rule though, since Gajeel devoured Rogue's Shadows and initially had better control of them than WSDM Sting did.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Not really sure, but I was under the impression (also correct me if I am wrong) that it was Irene who soloed the whole north Ishgar force (before Team Mira arrived). The fact that:
1. Sting and co encountered Larcade for the first time after Universe One was cast, so they never met before.
2. The way Historia!Bradman spoke, it's like he never met Rogue.
3. The north Ishgar force was humiliated/tortured by being crucified. It's so Irene-esque. We know that Irene's backstory was humiliation, torture, crucified, something like that.

made me think like that.

Last edited:

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Unnamed Namesake naw that's not true, when eating a ds element it's not supposed to be good for you or you should be low on your own magic power already. When Natsu ate Laxus' lightning and Gajeel ate Rogue's shadows both were low on magic power and beaten up. This is my interpretation, Sting even said he's not supposed to eat another ds' element before he ate Rogue's shadows

Unnamed Namesake

Reaction score
Country
Canada
@Unnamed Namesake naw that's not true, when eating a ds element it's not supposed to be good for you or you should be low on your own magic power already. When Natsu ate Laxus' lightning and Gajeel ate Rogue's shadows both were low on magic power and beaten up. This is my interpretation, Sting even said he's not supposed to eat another ds' element before he ate Rogue's shadows
There's also a direct correlation between fire and lightning, iron and shadows, and white and shadows (seen specifically by their unison raid).

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
There's also a direct correlation between fire and lightning, iron and shadows, and white and shadows (seen specifically by their unison raid).
I'm hip, but we just don't have any concrete confirmation on that. As long as it's a ds element, I feel like any dragon slayer can eat any type of element. We have no proof that Wendy can't eat God Serena's water for example. We've only legit seen three dual modes in the series: LFDM, ISDM, WSDM

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
even Wendy overpowered Irene:derp:derp:derp

Gajeel is obvious winner here :cheez:cheez:cheez

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Irene would take this. She could use flight magic and spam atmospheric enchantments at Gajeel all day. She has the magic reserves (vastly more than Gajeel) to do that, and her enchantments could push back Acnologia, so Gajeel probably wouldn't witstand many of those fire balls.

Irene wins looking this good lol:

Last edited:

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Unfortunately for Gajeel, he's not Irene's daughter so she won't commit suicide.

Irene takes this. I thought Erza vs August was one-sided but Erza still got 19 votes which i still don't understand. In this match-up i don't even expect Gajeel to get more than 10.

MonkeyD-Dragon

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Gajeel is seriously underrated here, I think he takes the win here.

Gajeel was stomping a mid tier spriggan (Bradman) in DF, without any named attacks and just generic punches.He also has speed that Bradman couldn't even react to it, it took him 3 pages to beat Bradman, if we don't count the DF transforming page then its only 2 pages of Gajeel punching Bradman.
Here are the pages in case you'd like to refresh your mind :

Also, there is no "human" Irene, she was always the body of a dragon in the physique of a human, so whether or not she's in that physique the slayer advantage is the same.

And may I remind you Irene did horribly against Erza and Wendy ,
1-DF Wendy was able to blitz Irene , I don't see why DF Gajeel (who is obviously superior) wouldn't be able to do the same if not even worse.
Irene after that admits she's been wounded after that , and in a later page you can see the wound Wendy made (on the left side of her stomach)

2-As for her attacks, they were dodged by Erza rather easily, I don't see why Gajeel in DF won't do the exact same

Now Irene in dragon form is even more disappointing :
1-Her attack,Deus Sema was destroyed by a broken Erza. DF Gajeel definitely can break Desu Sema.

2-A broken Erza was capable of one shotting Dragon Irene with only a DS enchanted blade, that means that a broken Erza's slash with DS advantage was capable of beating Irene, DF Gajeel's punches might as well be enough for her too.

I don't see how Irene can win this when Gajeel packs both power and the Slayer advantage, Gajeel is also really underrated here.

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Ouch, what a mismatch!

The Queen of Dragons is at least 2 tiers above him. She fodderstomps.

Am Shegar

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
It will not be a stomp Gageel has DF. Mid-high difficulty for Irene. DF Dragonslayer can damage her at least. Yet she must be victorious 80% of 100 rounds.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
P.Attack - Irene << Gajeel
M.Attack - Irene >>>> Gajeel
Defense - Irene <<< Gajeel
Speed - Irene << Gajeel
Intellect - Irene = Gajeel
Stamina - Irene < Gajeel
MP - Irene >>>>>> Gajeel

Irene >>> Gajeel

Win - Gajeel
Diff - 9,5\10 (description in sign)

Irene has much more MP than every one but MP doesn't guarantees victory. DS has some plus against dragons and also dragons has some minus against DS. And since Irene is more dragon than our DS, so here she is little weaker than must be. In general parameters Gajeel is higher. Really strong defense, fast speed in shadow and without it, strong punches, high stamina. And Irene wins him only with magic attack. It will be very hard battle, but I vote for Gajeel. I don't think Irene loses absolutely, but Gajeel also can win.

Invel > Zeref

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Although I think that she could get beaten by a stronger dragon slayer like Laxus, I don't think that Gajeel poses much of a threat.
Is there any proof that the form Gajeel used was actually dragon force or even that it did anything besides allow Gajeel to hit Bloodman? Bloodman has very little durability feats without his intangibility so I don't see beating him with punches all that impressive. Gajeel's jet black iron form was only stated to change the property of Gajeel's iron to match bloodman's curse; it was never stated or implied to make him any stronger

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
There are multitudes of ways in which Irene fodderstomps Gajeel (& 90+% of everyone participating in the tournament). For example:

Irene can BFRs Gajeel to the very depts of the Occean, & then let him relieve this horrible experience of drowning
except this time, he won't just be drowning & lose consciousness, but he'll also crushed by the extreme psi of the experience as he loses consciousness; and he won't be fortunate to have Levy save him save him this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.